PDA

View Full Version : I guess its official Okung is going to Washington

slimdagreat
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Filed to ESPN: Donovan McNabb has been traded to the Washington Redskins. Compensation still unknown. But McNabb's a Redskin.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

pbatrucker
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
That would help the posibillity of trading down with clausen still on the board.

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow. I can't believe the Eagles traded him in division. Great trade for the Redskins.

And yes, Okung has to be the #4 pick. Which means we'll be able to trade down to a Clausen-hungry team I bet.

cjsfw2
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
If Detroit doesn't take Okung of course.

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow. I can't believe the Eagles traded him in division. Great trade for the Redskins.

And yes, Okung has to be the #4 pick. Which means we'll be able to trade down to a Clausen-hungry team I bet.

Unfortunately Clausen's stock appears to be dropping...Looking like he might be in the latter half of the 2nd.

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately Clausen's stock appears to be dropping...Looking like he might be in the latter half of the 2nd.

Where are you getting that from?! Clausen will be a top-15 pick at the worst, almost certainly a top-10 ick.

KottkeKU
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
If Detroit doesn't take Okung of course.

I would have to believe Detroit will be the suitor for Russell Okung. Going up against Jared Allen, and Julius Peppers twice a year each, they will want to protect the no.1 overall selection, Matthew Stafford. Plus they already invested FA Dollars in their D Line with Corey Williams and Kyle Van Den Bosch.

Washington would be lucky to get Okung at 4... they need him more than anyone

Bike
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Hmmm. With Clausen's former coach running our offense - and Clausen available to us....

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Hmmm. With Clausen's former coach running our offense - and Clausen available to us....

Not a chance.

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Where are you getting that from?! Clausen will be a top-15 pick at the worst, almost certainly a top-10 ick.

Whoops I meant latter half of the 1st, not 2nd. Just wait. Buffalo is looking more and more like they are going to pass on him.

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2010, 10:50 PM
Really the only other player I would have been excited about the chiefs drafting would have been Okung. I hope It's Eric Berry and not a D-lineman

Bike
04-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Not a chance.
I wouldn't think so. Just hunting the dog...

Bike
04-04-2010, 11:23 PM
That would help the posibillity of trading down with clausen still on the board.
Yep. Maybe Philly now!

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't think so. Just hunting the dog...

The main reason I don't think it's possible is because we couldn't recoup our investment in Cassel. If we were able to trade Cassel for a high 2nd/low 1st, we might do it. But his big guarenteed contract and pedestrian 2009 will prevent that.

jtandcrew
04-05-2010, 12:25 AM
This trade just means its more and more looking like we will either draft Suh or Berry! This is going to be a heavy defense draft for us imo!

jap1
04-05-2010, 02:26 AM
I wonder if this makes it any easier for us to trade down?

The way I see the top 5 going:

1. St Louis - QB (Probably Bradford)
2. Detroit - Suh or Okung
3. Tampa Bay - DT (Suh or McCoy depending on what DET does)
4. Washington - either Okung or Bulaga depending on DET

5. Chiefs - ???

Who is left: Berry, Clausen, Bulaga?, McCoy?, and a few OTs.

After us is Seattle, Oakland, Cleveland and Buffalo. Seattle has Hasselbeck who is getting old and injured more frequently (yeah the picked up Whitehurst, but I imagine Pete Carroll wants someone with a better pedigree). Oakland was recently in trade talks to try and get McNabb, so apparently Al Davis realizes his QBs suck. Cleveland needs a QB (Delhomme is not an answer). Buffalo has often been connected to Clausen's name.

There is a chance. I have my fingers crossed that we can drop back a few spots and maybe pick up at least an extra 3rd round pick.

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 04:11 AM
Kent Babb is adamant that the Skins are going to take Berry now and we go with Bulaga. I disagree, but we shall see.

pbatrucker
04-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Kent Babb is adamant that the Skins are going to take Berry now and we go with Bulaga. I disagree, but we shall see.
I disagree also. IMO Bulaga would be a RT for us.

yashi
04-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I disagree also. IMO Bulaga would be a RT for us.

Yeah. Albert has longer arms, quicker, more athletic.

slimdagreat
04-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah. Albert has longer arms, quicker, more athletic.

I'm kind of weary about having two converted guards as our starting tackles. I'd much rather they take Bulaga and put him at LG next to Albert if they are committed to him. And maybe move Waters over to Center.

slimdagreat
04-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Unless Washington trades down with a Clausen team, and tries to take Dez Bryant (which wouldn't be a bad pickup for them) its about 99.999% that they take Okung.

AussieChiefsFan
04-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Unless Washington trades down with a Clausen team, and tries to take Dez Bryant (which wouldn't be a bad pickup for them) its about 99.999% that they take Okung.
Yep. :bananen_smilies046:

Drunker Hillbilly
04-05-2010, 10:42 AM
I've heard rumors of Philly trying to trade all the way down from 24 to get Berry.

Seek
04-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I was interested in seeing how Shanarat drafed historically. I always remembered him drafting either a CB or safety rather early in the drafts. Then I ran across this very thorough analysis. It is pretty obvious based on this report and already discussed here, that Mr. Okung will definately be gone before our pick.

Analysis of Shanahan's Draft Tendencies in Denver - BGObsession.com (http://bgobsession.com/blog.php?b=99)

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Unless the Lions take him, at which point Washington most likely trades down to someone that wants McCoy or Suh, whichever is available. In that case we would be in an excellent position to trade with Philly if they really want Berry. They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

slimdagreat
04-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Unless the Lions take him, at which point Washington most likely trades down to someone that wants McCoy or Suh, whichever is available. In that case we would be in an excellent position to trade with Philly if they really want Berry. They have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

That would be sweet.

I'm convinced Detroit is set with Backus at LT, and they just bolstered their OL even more today by trading for Sims.

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 03:02 PM
That would be sweet.

I'm convinced Detroit is set with Backus at LT, and they just bolstered their OL even more today by trading for Sims.

Yeah I saw that shortly after my last post. Probably not likely they go Okung now. I think there is still a chance Okung falls to us, but I don't know why the Redskins wouldn't take him.

kcmostwanted
04-05-2010, 04:41 PM
If the Lions don't take Okung, he will be in a Redskins Jersey... What did Shanny do after he drafted Jay culter???... He drafted Ryan Clady!!!

Which leads me to believe that he will go for Okung, who many have compared to Ryan Clady.

As for the chiefs... I think if we can trade out, we will definitely do that.. If not, I think they'll end up taking Rolando McClain.

If the NE Pats weren't afraid to use the 10th pick in the 2008 draft on Jerod Mayo, i don't think Scott will hesitate to take another LB 5 picks before.... remember, he's not afraid to reach.