PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

moshak
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
If The Broncos Are Just Looking For A Top 40 Pick For Marshall
Then Why The Hell Aren't We In The Trade Discussion.
This Man Is A Recieving Machine. He Had A 103 Catches In 15 Games With An Average Qb.
The Best Reciever In This Draft Is No Where As Good As Brandon Marshall.
I Would Give Up Our Second Round Pick For Him.
Would You?

moshak
04-05-2010, 06:52 PM
In my opinion he is one of the top five recievers in the league. He is also very consistent.

diehardchieffan
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Sounds like a solid move in my opinion but I'm not on the coaching staff.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I would easily give up our round 2a pick for this guy.

jacko58
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
i would to but i believe its harder trading between afc west rivals then it was for the redskins eagles in the west we hate each other somethin fierce

AussieChiefsFan
04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I would easily give up our round 2a pick for this guy.
So would I!

matthewschiefs
04-05-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think that Denver is stupid enough to trade him to us if they don't have to. They would wait till the last secound to give him to us. I would love to have him i just dont see it happening.

KottkeKU
04-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I would rather have anybody on my team that Brandon F'n Marshall... a woman beater, mouth off, poor sport, psychocase drama queen. He is a good receiver though. But not worth the headache...Not even close...

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 10:36 PM
I would love to have Marshall on my team, I just don't see the Broncos trading him to us. We could move Bowe to the slot and have a very elite group of WRs.

marloweopatchiefs
04-05-2010, 11:14 PM
I would love to have Marshall on my team, I just don't see the Broncos trading him to us. We could move Bowe to the slot and have a very elite group of WRs.

would have been nice if kc would have gotten boldin

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
would have been nice if kc would have gotten boldin

Yeah, Marshall is younger and hasn't had the same injury history as Boldin though. I'd love to have either though. Marshall's best days could be still to come.

slimdagreat
04-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Most of Marshall's problems have been contract related. If Denver were to trade him to us, obviously Pioli would know a raise would be due, and I'm sure they'd give it to him. Once he gets his money, he'd shut up and play like the beast that he is.

That being said, no way Denver trades him to us, plus I think they gave him a 1st round tender anyway. Unless they are willing to work out a separate deal I don't see them basically dumping him on a division rival for a 2nd rounder. They'll either take the 1st rounder or welcome him back next season.

pbatrucker
04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Most of Marshall's problems have been contract related. If Denver were to trade him to us, obviously Pioli would know a raise would be due, and I'm sure they'd give it to him. Once he gets his money, he'd shut up and play like the beast that he is.

That being said, no way Denver trades him to us, plus I think they gave him a 1st round tender anyway. Unless they are willing to work out a separate deal I don't see them basically dumping him on a division rival for a 2nd rounder. They'll either take the 1st rounder or welcome him back next season.
I guess all the domestic abuse charges involving his girl friend are contract related?

chief31
04-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Isn't Marshall known to be pretty good at dropping passes?

Drunker Hillbilly
04-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Isn't Marshall known to be pretty good at dropping passes?
Probably not as well known for it as D Bowe is. I'm guessing that Marshall had 50 or so more catches than Bowe last year. I would take Marshall over Bowe any day of the week and twice on Sunday's!

chief31
04-07-2010, 04:03 AM
Probably not as well known for it as D Bowe is. I'm guessing that Marshall had 50 or so more catches than Bowe last year. I would take Marshall over Bowe any day of the week and twice on Sunday's!

I know. You think Bowe is the worst player ever. You trash hm every time his name comes up. It's cool.

But Marshall brings the same problems and then some.

While he was not AS BAD in '09, about dropping passes, but he still had an issue with it. And he led the NFL in that stat in '08, according to iWon - NFL League Stats (http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html)

His numbers are clearly better than Bowe's. But they aren't so much better than Bowe's to say all that.

Not to mention that Marshall has had the advantage of playing in Denver, where they have not had the offensive failures that we have been having. And he hasn't had Tony Gonzales garnering all the QB attention like Bowe had.

And, with Marshall's "LJ" attitude, there is a certain amount of risk involved with him.

So far, I'll sick with Bowe.

rbedgood
04-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Note to Denver: Please send Marshall to the Raiders or Cowboys. I love watching either of those teams implode.

Thanks...

Seek
04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
I would rather have anybody on my team that Brandon F'n Marshall... a woman beater, mouth off, poor sport, psychocase drama queen. He is a good receiver though. But not worth the headache...Not even close...

I kind of agree. I mean there is a reason the Donkies are shopping him. He is close to being a TOLJ.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I know. You think Bowe is the worst player ever. You trash hm every time his name comes up. It's cool.

But Marshall brings the same problems and then some.

While he was not AS BAD in '09, about dropping passes, but he still had an issue with it. And he led the NFL in that stat in '08, according to iWon - NFL League Stats (http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html)

His numbers are clearly better than Bowe's. But they aren't so much better than Bowe's to say all that.

Not to mention that Marshall has had the advantage of playing in Denver, where they have not had the offensive failures that we have been having. And he hasn't had Tony Gonzales garnering all the QB attention like Bowe had.

And, with Marshall's "LJ" attitude, there is a certain amount of risk involved with him.

So far, I'll sick with Bowe.

First things first, Idon't think Bowe is the worst EVER but I certainly do not buy into the hype that most here do. Next, if you continue to worry about guys with a few off the field problems, you won't have enough teams in the NFL to play an entire season. Third and most important, according to NFL Stats: Player (http://www.nfl.com/stats/), the numbers in 2009 are not even close! In the last 3 years Marshall has over 3700 yds receiving. Bowe, again not close. Gimme Marshall over Bowe everyday!

slimdagreat
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
I guess all the domestic abuse charges involving his girl friend are contract related?

Forgot about those...lol

Maybe he was pissed off about his contract and took it out on his girl.

Seriously though, you are right, I forgot all about that.

chief31
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
First things first, Idon't think Bowe is the worst EVER but I certainly do not buy into the hype that most here do. Next, if you continue to worry about guys with a few off the field problems, you won't have enough teams in the NFL to play an entire season. Third and most important, according to NFL Stats: Player (http://www.nfl.com/stats/), the numbers in 2009 are not even close! In the last 3 years Marshall has over 3700 yds receiving. Bowe, again not close. Gimme Marshall over Bowe everyday!

Well, you can have him. Just not on The Chiefs.

While 2009 was a total mess for Bowe, he was definitely 'in the same ballpark' as Marshall the prior two seasons.

Especially if you consider that he was not the team's primary target, and his offense has been broken for his entire career, so far.

The biggest problem with our WRs, according to most, is dropped passes. You aren't going to fix that with Brandon Marshall.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Well, you can have him. Just not on The Chiefs.

While 2009 was a total mess for Bowe, he was definitely 'in the same ballpark' as Marshall the prior two seasons.

Especially if you consider that he was not the team's primary target, and his offense has been broken for his entire career, so far.

The biggest problem with our WRs, according to most, is dropped passes. You aren't going to fix that with Brandon Marshall.
No worries, JMO. I simply think Marshall has much more talent than Bowe that's all. Curious as to what people's opinion of Bowe will be when/if he has another 600-700 yd receiving year.

chief31
04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
No worries, JMO. I simply think Marshall has much more talent than Bowe that's all. Curious as to what people's opinion of Bowe will be when/if he has another 600-700 yd receiving year.

As-is, I have some problems with Bowe. Nowhere near the same level that most have with him. But I do have my worries.

I think Todd Haley alienated him, and made an enemy of him. But there are always two sides to the story. And Bowe may well have "given up" on learning/doing his job properly.

Now, with a coaching staff to minimize his interaction with Haley, thus buffering any animosity between the two, he should be able to get his head back in the game.

However, even without the addition of a coaching staff, it is his responsibility to do his job. If you are having problems with whatever coaches you have, then you have to own up to your part of that and get your job done.

Should he have another low-production season, then I probably won't be able to back him very much. But I may anyway, as the fanbase tends to be extreme in their judgments of players.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
As-is, I have some problems with Bowe. Nowhere near the same level that most have with him. But I do have my worries.

I think Todd Haley alienated him, and made an enemy of him. But there are always two sides to the story. And Bowe may well have "given up" on learning/doing his job properly.

Now, with a coaching staff to minimize his interaction with Haley, thus buffering any animosity between the two, he should be able to get his head back in the game.

However, even without the addition of a coaching staff, it is his responsibility to do his job. If you are having problems with whatever coaches you have, then you have to own up to your part of that and get your job done.

Should he have another low-production season, then I probably won't be able to back him very much. But I may anyway, as the fanbase tends to be extreme in their judgments of players.
I think Charlie boy is a good OC and should put the offense in position to do some good things if the O line is much improved.

If this happens, it will be a crucial year for Bowe to show his worth. If he cuts down on the drops, everything will stay the course but IMO, if he has the same amount as last season he will be on the chopping block. When given a little time, I think Cassell is more than capable to get the ball down the field but dropped passes can bring down an offense reeeeaaaalllll fast!

Overall though, to this point I have been happy with the offseason. I do wish they would address the left side of the line as I think it was the main problem with the offense last year.

jacko58
04-09-2010, 06:31 PM
i think why everyone is so hard on bowe is because weve never had a reciever with so much potential on the chiefs hes been productive but we want more i believe he does to i dont think haley and him are fighting haleys tuff we know this no one knows it better then bowe i think hes gonna be a pro bowler this season a year with haley and cassel plus with weis hell be great in his system im excited i do like marshall but bowe and chambers ill be happy we need to draft a wr to to give us youth and another play maker id love having golden tate in the second

jtandcrew
04-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Regarding the off the field problems with Marshell? Remember Rison? He had his freaking house burnt down and a very bad relationship with left-eye. Off field issues are only important if they continue. Rison came here and made a difference. Jared Allen was sent packing since he was 1 more dwi/issue away from a 1 year suspension. LJ was sent packing since he was a jack*ss since his 2nd year. We have seen the so called bad apples come and go. Marshell would not be a bad addition to the team if he gets his head on straight. That is always the question in these matters with so-called problem players. Although, we would have to give up the #5 pick. In return we should get their 1st, 2nd and a later round IMO. That is if they have a 1st or 2nd! I did not look at their draft before typeing this! JMO though :bananen_smilies046:

PS.....Look out! Is T.O not still out there atm for hire?

honda522
04-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Jared wanted out. It wasn't cause of his DUI.

He hated King Carl.

chief31
04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Jared wanted to stay. We wouldn't offer him a deal. We offered to get rid of him.

Sn@keIze
04-10-2010, 08:15 PM
PS.....Look out! Is T.O not still out there atm for hire?
im going to pretend i didnt hear that.

In all honesty. We also have to look at the QB for some of the performance of our wide outs. He can throw a pretty hard to catch ball. He throws lasers, not rainbows.

And lets not forget we lead the league last year in dropped balls. so yes the QB needs help too. Lookn at a good wideout is a good subject. I just think Marshall may cost too much.

I would honestly love to see this guy here, Julian Edelman (http://www.nfl.com/players/julianedelman/profile?id=EDE425791)

he stepped in awesome when Welker was out.

Chiefster
04-10-2010, 09:14 PM
And lets not forget we lead the league last year in dropped balls...

What's puberty got to do with it. :D

stricken721
04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
What's puberty got to do with it. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

buffman316
04-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I woul;d trade any one of our second rounds picks for him, indeed. Denver won't do that though, not in the same division and the Chiefs know it!

jacko58
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
next 24 hours someone will sign marshall seems theyll take a 2nd and 4th for him it would still be far fetched to trade within the same division i think i would trade one of our twos a fourth and a pick next year for marshall. (a fourth or later pick) think what the pats gave up for moss when pioli was a pat and how great hes done as a pat weve seen pioli do it and we know haley loves wr soo i would love this trade i know its bout 50/50 both ways but id love it but if it didnt happen i wouldnt be to sad

bwilliams
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Eh, even if Denver were willing to trade Marshall in division (which I doubt), our biggest need isn't at WR. I mean, we have gaping holes at NT, OLB, ILB, SS, RT, and TE. While our WR corps isn't great, I think we need one of these a lot more.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Eh, even if Denver were willing to trade Marshall in division (which I doubt), our biggest need isn't at WR. I mean, we have gaping holes at NT, OLB, ILB, SS, RT, and TE. While our WR corps isn't great, I think we need one of these a lot more.

I agree with your assessment of our needs, but Marshall is a BEAST and would be great. We could still address some of our needs in the draft with our remaining picks. And mark my words, we'll find some crazy awesome undrafted LB's and lineman after the draft.

matthewschiefs
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM

I dont think that Denver is going to move him the divison so I dont think it will matter but If we take him for a couple of picks we can still address the other needes of this team in the draft and we will have a proven player at wr. I would like the move if we dont have to give up the 5th overall pick.

Chiefs in Serbia
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Broncos Trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins,for 2 nd round pick...

bwilliams
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Broncos Trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Miami Dolphins,for 2 nd round pick...

Actually, two 2nd round picks (one in 2010 and one in 2011).

Great trade for both teams. The Dolphins are now only a piece or two from contention (and I'd bet my bottom dollar they go McClain or Dan Williams in the 1st round), and the Broncos get real value for a top-15 WR (and I'd bet my bottom dollar they go Dez Bryant in the 1st round).

KCINNYC
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
NEVER.

Watch this.
You want this on our team? You can't preach "the right 53" to young guys and then sign as* clowns.

YouTube- Brandon Marshall Suspended by Broncos

Argo
04-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Mr. Marshall has been traded to the Dolphins !! YAY!! good bye number 15.

matthewschiefs
04-14-2010, 12:02 PM
glad that hes out of denver we dont have to see him twice a year. now we just have to hope that Denver blows the extra picks that they got for him on bust.

Chiefster
04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
glad that hes out of denver we dont have to see him twice a year. now we just have to hope that Denver blows the extra picks that they got for him on bust.

...Yup!

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
While Brandon Marshall is an AWESOME receiver, I am more than happy to avoid a character like this. We could have also had Santonio Holmes for a fifth rounder, but I don't think this regime wants players who so obviously don't carry a sense of dignity on and off the field.

I'm just as happy not paying him 50 million and just having him out of the division. Out of the conference would be even better, but I am sure Flowers is a happy guy right now.

Coach
04-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Bigger picture, Parcells is making some serious offseason moves this year. Balance of power may be shifting in the afc east. NYJ, Mia, NE. That's now the best division in the afc. Poor Chan. Buffalo=2011 Top 5 draft pick.

If I'm Pioli, I'm now willing to swap 2010 1st round picks in exchange for a 2011 2nd round pick. Furthermore swapping picks with Buffalo in exhange for any 2011 pick becomes desirable.