PDA

View Full Version : Sippio on the 53 man roster

royalswin100games
09-12-2007, 01:04 AM
I say heck yes. Maybe Herm will get this guy involved quickly. Of course it will probably be on a 5-yard out but maybe he can do something after he gets the ball.

:yahoo:

AkChief49
09-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Looks like we need some good hands and I think this guy has them!!

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Looks like we need some good hands and I think this guy has them!!

Agreed!:D

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 01:39 AM
This could be a great mix against the Bears. Spread them out with a 3 WR set (Parker, Bowe & Sippio) and then LJ can get loose on some runs, and you force the Bears to decide whether to go Big or Small on the field. Small you run, BIg you pass.

Coach
09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
I love this move.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 01:51 AM
I love this move.

Me too; now if we can just get our "O" line squared away.

m0ef0e
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
I would look for Bowe and Sippio both to run through people while making tough catches as long as the ball gets anywhere near them. As bad as some things may seem, they have definately tried to beef up the receiving corps for the Chiefs and I think they have done decent in that regard. Parker is still questionable to me (I've seen him drop too many) but I think Sippio was a great addition. I wouldn't be surprised if him and Bowe are our top 2 if they are both still here next season.

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I would look for Bowe and Sippio both to run through people while making tough catches as long as the ball gets anywhere near them. As bad as some things may seem, they have definately tried to beef up the receiving corps for the Chiefs and I think they have done decent in that regard. Parker is still questionable to me (I've seen him drop too many) but I think Sippio was a great addition. I wouldn't be surprised if him and Bowe are our top 2 if they are both still here next season.

I don't think you'll have to wait for next year. I think those two will be the leaders of the WR corp before the end of this year. Parker isn't consistent, and that can be forgiven more from a rookie (Bowe) than a veteran. As for Sippio, he'll be a great possession guy and is tough over the middle.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I wonder how Sippio will handle the open stadiums in November and December?

Three7s
09-12-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sure he'll be fine, I just wonder how long Kennison will be out. We might have a very good problem if Sippio is the real deal!

Coach
09-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I don't think you'll have to wait for next year. I think those two will be the leaders of the WR corp before the end of this year.

I agree Bowe and Sippio will be our best two threats when its all said and done. Of course we need to find someone to geth them the d@mn ball.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
I agree Bowe and Sippio will be our best two threats when its all said and done. Of course we need to find someone to geth them the d@mn ball.

Therein lies the problem; don't be expecting to see us at least try to get the ball down field to either one.

stlchief
09-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Therein lies the problem; don't be expecting to see us at least try to get the ball down field to either one.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/12/qa_with_herm_edwards__912/

Q: Was there any time in the game where you thought about opening it up and going down the field?
EDWARDS: “We went down the field. Samie Parker made the big play; Bowe makes the catch down the field. We actually threw the ball 33 times. We only ran it 17. You lose sight of that. You don’t want to get into that game. Now all of a sudden you’re throwing the ball 33 times. That’s not a very good balance because, now all of a sudden, you’re playing into the hands of the defense because you’re going back and throwing the football down the field. We hit one to Samie and tried to come back to it and they changed coverage. Yeah, we want to do that but we’ve got to score points. We’ve got to score touchdowns. Period.”

I guess he means down the field as in, more than one yard past the line of scrimmage....

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Q: Was there any time in the game where you thought about opening it up and going down the field?
EDWARDS: “We went down the field. Samie Parker made the big play; Bowe makes the catch down the field. We actually threw the ball 33 times. We only ran it 17. You lose sight of that. You don’t want to get into that game. Now all of a sudden you’re throwing the ball 33 times. That’s not a very good balance because, now all of a sudden, you’re playing into the hands of the defense because you’re going back and throwing the football down the field. We hit one to Samie and tried to come back to it and they changed coverage. Yeah, we want to do that but we’ve got to score points. We’ve got to score touchdowns. Period.”

I guess he means down the field as in, more than one yard past the line of scrimmage....

Exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Three7s
09-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah, that comment from Herm made me mad too. I think I counted about a handful of passes that were more than 20yrds. Really, we completed most of them, including that nice one to Bowe. He should trust his QB and the receivers more.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah, that comment from Herm made me mad too. I think I counted about a handful of passes that were more than 20yrds. Really, we completed most of them, including that nice one to Bowe. He should trust his QB and the receivers more.

But LJ wants the rock I tell ya!!! :D

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 01:23 AM
But LJ wants the rock I tell ya!!! :D

The offense is okaaaayyy. We weren't pleased with the turnovers, but they happen...it's okaaaaayy. We'd like to work the clock and keep our defense off the field, but we can't just recklessly throw the ball around without abandon. I mean, LJ he's getting up to speed, we'd like to get the ball to him more. It'll be okaaaay. We'd like to ideally get him the ball as a receiver, and of course as a runner. I mean, he's okaaaay....

We've got a new kicker, we'd like to keep the kid on the practice squad...he could be a key in the future, give him some time...he'll be okaaaay.

This week we have Chicago, they're a real football team. They're not going to run up the score...I mean, they play conservative, this is going to be a real football game. Defense, field position, field goals. No one is going to score 10 points. All it might take to win is a couple field goals...

tornadospotter
09-13-2007, 04:04 AM
The offense is okaaaayyy. We weren't pleased with the turnovers, but they happen...it's okaaaaayy. We'd like to work the clock and keep our defense off the field, but we can't just recklessly throw the ball around without abandon. I mean, LJ he's getting up to speed, we'd like to get the ball to him more. It'll be okaaaay. We'd like to ideally get him the ball as a receiver, and of course as a runner. I mean, he's okaaaay....

We've got a new kicker, we'd like to keep the kid on the practice squad...he could be a key in the future, give him some time...he'll be okaaaay.

This week we have Chicago, they're a real football team. They're not going to run up the score...I mean, they play conservative, this is going to be a real football game. Defense, field position, field goals. No one is going to score 10 points. All it might take to win is a couple field goals...
Herm, is that you. Now you know better than playing on the computer! No get away from it before you hurt your eyes and you won't be able to see very far!:yahoo: :yahoo:

Guru
09-13-2007, 04:25 AM

Maybe they should talk to Keyshawn.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 12:27 PM

So now Herm wants to score touchdowns? I wish he would make up his mind. What will the game plan be after the bears? Are we going to move the team to the arena league or back to the 1930's? Here's an idea, Herm: Let's score as many points as we possibly can and hold the opposition to as few points as possible. It may not work every time, but it sounds like a solid game plan to me.

royalswin100games
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
Maybe they should talk to Keyshawn.

Once again, heck yes! Keyshawn was ready to teach Jarret how to be a good posession receiver in Carolina. Why couldn't he do the same for us? On a side note, maybe we should get Emmit too because he can't commentate for $#@!

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 01:00 PM
So now Herm wants to score touchdowns? I wish he would make up his mind. What will the game plan be after the bears? Are we going to move the team to the arena league or back to the 1930's? Here's an idea, Herm: Let's score as many points as we possibly can and hold the opposition to as few points as possible. It may not work every time, but it sounds like a solid game plan to me.

Herm wants to score touchdowns...2 of those and 1 or 2 FGs would be outstanding. He doesn't want to throw for 4000 yards a year, and he certainly doesn't want more players from his offense going to the Pro Bowl than his defense. :lol:

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Herm wants to score touchdowns...2 of those and 1 or 2 FGs would be outstanding. He doesn't want to throw for 4000 yards a year, and he certainly doesn't want more players from his offense going to the Pro Bowl than his defense. :lol:

You speak with truth and knowledge beyond your years.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM

I wish...I already have the security deposit in for your walker once you upgrade to the Companion II

http://www.scooter.com/Golden-Tech/Companion-II-3-Wheel-3-Wheel-Scooter/mobility-product/23

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:49 PM
I wish...I already have the security deposit in for your walker once you upgrade to the Companion II

http://www.scooter.com/Golden-Tech/Companion-II-3-Wheel-3-Wheel-Scooter/mobility-product/23

Mighty good of ya sir! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-14-2007, 07:31 AM

It happens to the bet of us!