PDA

View Full Version : Tell your best birthday stories

Ryfo18
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
So it's my birthday, and as these things tend to go, it seems like the older I get, the less significant they become. I woke up this morning and didn't really realize it was even my birthday until I had showered and was on my way to work :lol: . Anyways, the power went off at work today, so I'm off for the rest of the day! Best birthday in a long time...if only it would stop raining so I could hit the golf course. My fiance and I are heading out to Miller Park this evening for the Brewers game (6 rows behind home plate!!!) so it looks like I will be getting to tailgate :toast2: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

Share your best birthday stories here if you have them!

tornadospotter
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
YouTube- Jeremiah - Birthday sex "HD"

:D:punk::maid::sign0053: sorry that is all I can say.

diehardchieffan
04-06-2010, 07:47 PM
My birthday is in a week and my wife left me out of the blue last thursday.........

honda522
04-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Well the best birthday was a month ago when I turned 21 and was out there for my 21st.

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
My birthday is in a week and my wife left me out of the blue last thursday.........

I'm so sorry, possibly she just needed some time to sort things out and will return?

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 12:23 AM
Well the best birthday was a month ago when I turned 21 and was out there for my 21st.

Maybe I missed it, but did you ever post here sharing the highlights of your birthday trip to Vegas? I think I remember a short post when you there...about it raining maybe? I sure dont' remember your telling us any highlights though.

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Well, the only birthday story I can think of right now is last years. I treated myself to an early birthday gift...a road trip to Canton to attend the enshrinement of DT (RIP) in to the NFL HOF. DT's enshrinement ceremony was on the 8th of August, my birthday wasn't until the 20th of August, but close enough, haha.

While in Ohio I also visited Marblehead Lighthouse on the shore of Lake Erie...which is my favorite place in the U.S....of those places I've been fortunate to visit that is. Marblehead is about a 2 hour drive from Canton. I've only been able to visit Marblehead twice, both times I was also visiting the HOF in Canton. I sure will make it a point to visit Marblehead whenever in Ohio. I love it there! I'd live there if it was feasible. There is the most charming quaint Victorian Farmhouse a few feet from the Lighthouse. The farmhouse, lighthouse, Lake Erie Shore also just a few feet away...is my idea of the perfect dream home! :)

Ryfo18
04-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Well, the only birthday story I can think of right now is last years. I treated myself to an early birthday gift...a road trip to Canton to attend the enshrinement of DT (RIP) in to the NFL HOF. DT's enshrinement ceremony was on the 8th of August, my birthday wasn't until the 20th of August, but close enough, haha.

While in Ohio I also visited Marblehead Lighthouse on the shore of Lake Erie...which is my favorite place in the U.S....of those places I've been fortunate to visit that is. Marblehead is about a 2 hour drive from Canton. I've only been able to visit Marblehead twice, both times I was also visiting the HOF in Canton. I sure will make it a point to visit Marblehead whenever in Ohio. I love it there! I'd live there if it was feasible. There is the most charming quaint Victorian Farmhouse a few feet from the Lighthouse. The farmhouse, lighthouse, Lake Erie Shore also just a few feet away...is my idea of the perfect dream home! :)

I'm very jealous of you seeing DT in the HOF! Once in a lifetim event.

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm very jealous of you seeing DT in the HOF! Once in a lifetim event.

Yes it was a once in a lifetime event! I posted a short story and pictures of the event, including us tailgating...in the picture forum here at Chiefs Crowd the end of August last year. They may still be there, as I didn't delete them.

There's more to the story, haha. You see, shortly after DT lost his life in 2000...I made a promise to myself come hell or high water I would attend DT's induction. The day before Super Bowl Feb. 09 they announced DT was a finalist...I was overjoyed, it was a 9 yr wait! I bought advance tickets to the ceremony a couple weeks later.

Well, an unforeseen turn of events led me to a major life transition in April...which then had me convinced I would need to cancel my plans to attend. My Chiefs friend Kelly, who lives in WI...I met in early May, selling him some Chiefs items on Ebay. He asked if he could pick the items up when he came to the KC area next related to his career, I agreed. We stood in the parking lot talking Chiefs & other stuff for darn near two hours I think it was. I learned at that first meeting he also had plans to attend the induction. From that point we stayed in touch via email, becoming Chiefs friends...and he began to encourage me more to keep my plans to attend the induction, regardless of life circumstances.

My best friend Cindy then agreed to make the road trip with me, so I wouldn't have to make the 15 hr drive alone...she's not even a football fan, hahaha. It was great road tripping with her, as well as us sharing 4 days together. It had been several years since she & I had that sort of friendship quality time.

We had a great time! As well, we were tailgating near the HOF the afternoon prior to the evening ceremony, and were interviewed by a KC Star reporter also in Canton for DT's induction. He included our story of being there to honor DT within his front page story! haha He mentioned our small group of friends who had met up there by name.

On the drive home Cindy's cell rang, and it was her sister telling her someone had told her our names made the front page of the KC Star...but they didn't tell her sister why. So she wanted to know...the first words I heard Cindy tell her were, "no! we didn't get thrown in jail for partying too much & being rowdy!" LOL

I was like, what in the heck is she talking about! Heck, we didn't have a clue who the reporter was, nor with what paper...so were surprised ourselves to learn we'd made news on the KC Star's front page, LOL.

Here's what the article said copied & pasted from my Canton file...the giant red truck would be my truck he mentions, hahaha:

There’s a hospital near the Hall of Fame in Canton — Mercy Medical Center — and on Saturday afternoon there were a bunch of Chiefs fans wearing Derrick Thomas jerseys and sitting on lawn chairs in front of a giant red truck with the Chiefs logo on the side.

They were grilling, of course. Two of them — Tanja and Zan McCurry — were from Bend, Ore. Two more — Connie Emery and Cindy Kloepper — were from Kansas. There was a family of Simpsons — Kelly, Brett and Chad — and they were from Wisconsin and Ohio. And, finally, a man from Kansas City dressed up as a superhero called X-Factor, and his father, Daddy X-Factor, sat on the curb.

They knew each other through various coincidences and connections. Yes, Derrick Thomas brought them together.
"Even though he’s gone," Kelly Simpson said, "we had to come." The others nodded and ate and offered food to security guards and others who were passing by. That’s what Kansas City Chiefs fans do. They offer food.

A slow but persistent rain fell from under a dark gray sky. The Chiefs fans talked about the sacks Derrick Thomas made just when the team needed it most. The smoke drifting off the grill smelled like 1997.

AussieChiefsFan
04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Ouch

stricken721
04-07-2010, 01:21 AM

I think is a best birthday story thread so this could be a good thing. If not forgive my ignorance and I feel for for you.

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 01:32 AM
I think is a best birthday story thread so this could be a good thing. If not forgive my ignorance and I feel for for you.

OH! I never thought about it from that point of view...maybe you're right, and he does consider it a 'good thing' birthday gift. ~I'm confused now!~

stricken721
04-07-2010, 01:36 AM
My last birthday was pretty good.. I turned 18 which is supposed to be a monumental birthday but it wasn't at all. However on my 16th birthday I finished high school.. so I guess that's my best birthday story. :toast2:

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 01:59 AM
My last birthday was pretty good.. I turned 18 which is supposed to be a monumental birthday but it wasn't at all. However on my 16th birthday I finished high school.. so I guess that's my best birthday story. :toast2:

Congrats! I finished HS with required credits at 16 too...which was officially at the end of my junior year in May, but I turned 17 in August, so was closer to 17 than 16, haha. They wouldn't let me graduate with the senior class though...since I wasn't considered a senior.

stricken721
04-07-2010, 02:01 AM
Congrats! I finished HS with required credits at 16 too...which was officially at the end of my junior year in May, but I turned 17 in August, so was closer to 17 than 16, haha. They wouldn't let me graduate with the senior class though...since I wasn't considered a senior.

I graduated the top of my class, I was captain of the football team, prom king... and queen.

I was homeschooled:D

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 02:41 AM
I remembered another birthday story! When I turned 40 my friends threw me a surprise birthday party! It was only the 3rd birthday party I'd had in my entire lifetime! They hosted it at a local bar, of which sponsored my pool league team...that I was captain of for 9 years.

Everyone kept buying me a birthday beer...I didn't want to be rude, so drank most of them! haha I was playing pool as always...feeling pretty buzzed and shooting pretty good too, haha. Being the winner I broke to start a match with my next opponent. Right after I broke I grabbed my beer, took a drink, then looked at the table to see how well the break was. I asked my opponent casually if any dropped...he said in a somber tone, "game's over". I was like what?...as I glanced at the table & it appeared most of the balls were on the table. Then someone else said, "you made the 8 ball on the break, automatic win." I didn't see it...it was my first 8 ball break ever! On my 40th birthday too! I've had three 8 ball breaks since, but shoot...I missed seeing my first! LOL

I did celebrate my first 8 ball break win, even though I missed seeing it happen, hahaha. Here is a pic of my celebrating right before I was to break again against my next opponent, lol. Holey jeans were the fashion trend back then too, hahaha.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/Kansas%20and%20Me/40th2.jpg

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 02:53 AM
I graduated the top of my class, I was captain of the football team, prom king... and queen.

I was homeschooled:D

:lol:

Well, I wasn't at the top of my class, since it wasn't even my class, hahaha...nor was I a prom queen, haha. I was however a cheerleader!...not the one in the cute little outfits though...I was the mascot! I wore a big hot bulky & furry brown Bear costume to do my cheers in! hahaha

Although, whenever one of the regular cheerleaders couldn't perform I did get to take her place and wear the regular cheerleader uniforms, haha.

Not long ago I was trying to show off proving I could still do the splits all these years later! I proved my point alright...the only problem was once down I couldn't get back up! I had to have help, hahaha. I don't think I'll try to do the splits again...my poor leg muscles were pulled & sore for days! At least I was able to give those watching a good laugh! hahaha

Ryfo18
04-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Holey jeans were the fashion trend back then too, hahaha.

Still are! I wear mine to church every week :lol:

Connie Jo
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Still are! I wear mine to church every week :lol:

:lol:

You're so clever! :D

My jeans these days don't have quite as many holes...those were my favorite jeans back then! hahaha

honda522
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Maybe I missed it, but did you ever post here sharing the highlights of your birthday trip to Vegas? I think I remember a short post when you there...about it raining maybe? I sure dont' remember your telling us any highlights though.
Well I don't remember if I posted anything..but it was good.

I was on vacation for my birthday.

It was 4 years since I was on my last vacation.