PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a wild proposal

slimdagreat
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM
We offer Brandon Marshall an offer, and Denver doesn't match, so we get him, they get our #1.

Now we have 3 solid WRs, an upgraded OL, a full season of JC at RB, so Cassel should have at the very least a Kyle Orton type season.

Now we still have 2 2nd rounders, Nate Allen the FS from USF will be there, Jerry Hughes the DE/LB from TCU will be there, Cam Thomas the NT, and Sam Young the OT from Notre Dame will be there so we have options to plug holes not to mention we could take a Myron Rolle in the 4th or 5th, and he'd be a massive upgrade over what we have at safety.

I know this probably won't be a popular proposal, but at least with Marshall you know what you're getting on the field, and with an extension at least he won't be a locker room distraction.

What do you guys think?

KCINNYC
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM
There is ZERO chance Pioli is giving up the fifth overall pick to a division rival for that *ss clown.

matthewschiefs
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't like it simply becuse I dont think we have done enough to help the O line long term. Or the Pass rush on D. And we can never no whos going to be there by time we would be able to pick. I would rather draft a WR then give Denver the 5th overall pick. Just my thinking.

slimdagreat
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't like it simply becuse I dont think we have done enough to help the O line long term. Or the Pass rush on D. And we can never no whos going to be there by time we would be able to pick. I would rather draft a WR then give Denver the 5th overall pick. Just my thinking.

Good point.

This was just something a friend of mine asked me (he's not a fan) and I wanted to see what you guys (the experts) thought.

slimdagreat
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
There is ZERO chance Pioli is giving up the fifth overall pick to a division rival for that *ss clown.

I no it won't happen, I was just asking hypothetically

Ryfo18
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't want to do it. With the baggage, Marshall isn't worth more than a 2nd rounder.

whatwasthat?
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
i dont know why people assume jerry hughes will be there...simply because so many people have mocked him to us at 2a? he is a first round player and he will only be there if he falls through

chief31
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't want Marshall.

And, I don't believe that our o-line has been improved.

Weigmann is old as dust and Lilja hasn't had to do a good job for a very long time.

Tell your friend he is a bumb! :lol:

JK

honda522
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Nope, we got rid of one problem player, we don't need another.

On another note, you forgot the addition of Thomas Jones backing up JC. We will have one of the best one two punches in the leauge this year.

AussieChiefsFan
04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
We offer Brandon Marshall an offer, and Denver doesn't match, so we get him, they get our #1.

Now we have 3 solid WRs, an upgraded OL, a full season of JC at RB, so Cassel should have at the very least a Kyle Orton type season.

Now we still have 2 2nd rounders, Nate Allen the FS from USF will be there, Jerry Hughes the DE/LB from TCU will be there, Cam Thomas the NT, and Sam Young the OT from Notre Dame will be there so we have options to plug holes not to mention we could take a Myron Rolle in the 4th or 5th, and he'd be a massive upgrade over what we have at safety.

I know this probably won't be a popular proposal, but at least with Marshall you know what you're getting on the field, and with an extension at least he won't be a locker room distraction.

What do you guys think?
N - O

Sn@keIze
04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
in the situation we are in, no.

If our O line was great. Defense wasnt ranked 30th in the league last year

And we desperatly needed a WR.

Then i would def consider this type of trade a reality. even with the baggage.

KottkeKU
04-08-2010, 09:44 PM
If Pioli only gave up a 4th rounder for Randy Moss (one of the best WR of all time), I *seriously* doubt he would give up any more for someone who stands for everything Pioli does not.