PDA

View Full Version : Oh Canada! Where are you? I have an idea!

Connie Jo
04-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Okay...so there's this relay game thing called a "Flip Cup Contest"...ever heard of it? hahaha

Well, I hadn't until I was asked to join a "Flip Cup Team" for the contest they're having on the upcoming Kid Rock Chillin The Most Cruise.

Near as I can tell from the description and video's...it's a contest that involves judge(s) putting some beer in plastic cups, they decide how much goes in each contestants cup. Each team member then has to drink the beer in their cup, put the empty cup on the table and then flip it up so it's standing. They have to keep flipping until it's standing upright. Once they accomplish this then it moves to the next team member. It's a relay race sorta thing.

So...we're talking about it on Facebook, and thought this might be a fun thing to do for the Chiefs Crowd 49er's get together this Fall. You're the organizer so it's your call!

If we do form Chiefs Crowd Flip Cup Teams & have a contest...Tammie and I want to be on the same team and go up against the Canadians! LOL! That was her idea, hahaha.

In the video & description it appears there are 6 members to a team, but we wouldn't necessarily have to stick with that rule, we could drop it to however many it worked out for the number of Chiefs Crowd members that were attending the 49'ers tailgating get together, and of those who wanted to participate.

I know some don't drink beer...maybe one of those could be a judge that put the beer in the cups, which again is at their discretion as to how much beer is put in the cups each time.

Okay...so what do you think...yeh or neh? :D

tornadospotter
04-08-2010, 03:00 AM
I say this could be a disaster, so I am going to take pictures!:yahoo:
Maybe even video!:lol: Then post them on the interwebbie thing. I see lots of potential consumption of beer in this game. So it will work.:D

Canada
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I think it could be a disaster too!! Im In!!

Let me think on the idea of how to put teams together and I will get back to you!!

Ryfo18
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh boy...do you want us to remember the game or not.

tornadospotter
04-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Yes, now what other questions do you have.:punk:

Canada
04-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Its only American beer, its not like there is alcohol in it or anything!! :D

Canada
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
How many teams do we want? Maybe we should shorten the number of players per team. Go in teams of 3 or 4. Then I can have Team Canada!! Im excited, I like beer!! I think I like it more now than I used too. Absence makes the heart grow fonder!!:bananen_smilies046::canbeer:

stricken721
04-08-2010, 10:46 PM
This seems fun. :drunkhb:

Connie Jo
04-09-2010, 02:53 AM
LOL Well, I'm glad y'all think it sounds like fun, and I needed a few laughs & happy thoughts tonight also!...which the replies accomplished, haha.

Those who organized the 'Flip Cup Team' I'm on for the cruise, assured me I would not be binge drinking...so I dunno, I'll let ya know after the cruise what happened, hahaha. If the judges take it easy on how much beer they put in my cup, no worry, if not...well, hopefully we're eliminated quickly. It's a sudden death elimination of teams. There are 36 teams I believe on the cruise.

As far as how many teams are formed for a Chiefs Crowd 'Flip Cup Contest'...and how many on each team...I think you can go with the flow & make up your own guidelines...don't see why not.

There are lots of utube video's showing Flip Cup contests...I guess it's a popular game, they even have a world tournament, lol.

Connie Jo
04-09-2010, 02:54 AM
This seems fun. :drunkhb:

You don't drink beer...you gonna be a judge? :D

stricken721
04-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Of course! But it must be Canadian beer otherwise Dave will most certainly win. Its in the interest of fairness.
:D

Connie Jo
04-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Of course! But it must be Canadian beer otherwise Dave will most certainly win. Its in the interest of fairness.
:D

Hey...good point! What's also good about that is Dave doesn't like American Beer, so he might have a hard time drinking it as quickly, hahaha. LOL

GlennBree
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh...........i Soooo Want In On This! :)

tornadospotter
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Oh...........i Soooo Want In On This! :)
Oh...............u soooo better be there for this! It is going to be a storming good time.:yahoo:

Connie Jo
04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Most definitely gonna be good times! Whatcha think...3-4 people on a team maybe? I'm not sure if we do the traditional 6 per team we'll have enough teams to be competitive fun. Brenda you can be on me & Tammie's team...we can call our team something like the Tomahawk Squaws , hahaha.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/