PDA

View Full Version : CHIEFS PLAYOFF 2010 mock

charlesIII
04-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Let me start by saying yes we have had consecutive losing seasons and yes we have many holes to fill but the chiefs having 4 picks in top 100 and 3 in top 50 is a very good start I now give you the chiefs playoffs 2010 mock

1st round.. pick 5) Eric Berry S

We have possibly the worst safetys in the league Lets be honest here the guy is a stud i believe he will solidify the secondary for years to come and we haven't had a real safety since the Reggie Tongue days

2nd round.. pick 36) Terrence Cody DT

Controversial pick because of weight and work ethic issues but i believe he will be the next best NT in the league he is a true 3..4 NT and is the much needed run stopper and 2 gap NT the chiefs need to make glen dorsey and tyson jackson (previous 1st round picks ) prevail and will the addition of shaun smith the chiefs have themselfs a good 1 2 punch

2nd round.. pick 50) Brandon Spikes ILB

I think Brandon Spikes running a slow 40 is the best thing for the chiefs. I have been watching this guy since early college and he is the real deal he will be the run stuffing thumper to the chiefs d and a very vocal player. He had a few character issues but if anyone can fix that it is romeo crennel.

3rd round.. pick 68) Mike Johnson G

Very high value at this point who will eventually take over waters spot at rg and will add more depth the the chiefs o line for this year and may evan compete for a spot

4th round. pick 102) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Cb

i feel like this guy can be an upgrade to carr and add more depth at the cb position

REST OF DRAFT is basically a toss up because no one can predict what is going to happen that late but we should get a C and oline and a slot reciever

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE

AussieChiefsFan
04-09-2010, 11:01 PM
If that happened it would be a very good draft!

Ryfo18
04-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Cody is probably not going to be there at 2a. I would love for him to be there, but it's probably not gonna happen unfortunately. If things went down this way, I can't say I'd be disappointed.

AussieChiefsFan
04-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Cody is probably not going to be there at 2a. I would love for him to be there, but it's probably not gonna happen unfortunately. If things went down this way, I can't say I'd be disappointed.
I agree but we can still hope.

Connie Jo
04-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I'm not familiar enough with NCAA football to know talent among the players, therefore am also not that knowledgeable to voice a logical opinion...with exception of Eric Berry. I totally agree with taking him in the first round, and for the reasons you state. :)

AussieChiefsFan
04-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm not familiar enough with NCAA football to know talent among the players, therefore am also not that knowledgeable to voice a logical opinion...with exception of Eric Berry. I totally agree with taking him in the first round, and for the reasons you state. :)
Anyone that agrees that they should take Eric Berry at #5 gets rep!:bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

Connie Jo
04-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Let me start by saying yes we have had consecutive losing seasons and yes we have many holes to fill but the chiefs having 4 picks in top 100 and 3 in top 50 is a very good start I now give you the chiefs playoffs 2010 mock

1st round.. pick 5) Eric Berry S

We have possibly the worst safetys in the league Lets be honest here the guy is a stud i believe he will solidify the secondary for years to come and we haven't had a real safety since the Reggie Tongue days

2nd round.. pick 36) Terrence Cody DT

Controversial pick because of weight and work ethic issues but i believe he will be the next best NT in the league he is a true 3..4 NT and is the much needed run stopper and 2 gap NT the chiefs need to make glen dorsey and tyson jackson (previous 1st round picks ) prevail and will the addition of shaun smith the chiefs have themselfs a good 1 2 punch

2nd round.. pick 50) Brandon Spikes ILB

I think Brandon Spikes running a slow 40 is the best thing for the chiefs. I have been watching this guy since early college and he is the real deal he will be the run stuffing thumper to the chiefs d and a very vocal player. He had a few character issues but if anyone can fix that it is romeo crennel.

3rd round.. pick 68) Mike Johnson G

Very high value at this point who will eventually take over waters spot at rg and will add more depth the the chiefs o line for this year and may evan compete for a spot

4th round. pick 102) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Cb

i feel like this guy can be an upgrade to carr and add more depth at the cb position

REST OF DRAFT is basically a toss up because no one can predict what is going to happen that late but we should get a C and oline and a slot reciever

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE

I want to add, that although I can't offer a logical opinion on your Mock Draft, I can offer one on your overall post, haha. Nice post, well thought out and articulate!

REP! :)

Connie Jo
04-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Anyone that agrees that they should take Eric Berry at #5 gets rep!:bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

:lol:

Well, the credit for my agreeing belongs to you Aussie. Your interest and support of Berry led me to do my own research on him, so I could make a fair assessment as to whether or not I agreed with taking Berry at #5. My conclusion was I do agree with you, and many other Chiefs fans for that matter, haha.

So Aussie, REP to you for initiating my interest in Berry, and the Draft some as well. :D

AussieChiefsFan
04-10-2010, 02:26 AM
:lol:

Well, the credit for my agreeing belongs to you Aussie. Your interest and support of Berry led me to do my own research on him, so I could make a fair assessment as to whether or not I agreed with taking Berry at #5. My conclusion was I do agree with you, and many other Chiefs fans for that matter, haha.

So Aussie, REP to you for initiating my interest in Berry, and the Draft some as well. :D
Thanks Connie Jo! And in just over 12 days we are going to find out who the Chiefs DO pick up with their 1st round pick. I can't wait! :bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
04-10-2010, 11:39 AM
If and its a big if to me right now Cody is still there at 2a I think the draft could happen this way for the chiefs. As long as Pioli goes against his way and picks berry with the 5th pick. I could also see us tradeing out to get an extra 1st rounder and getting berry and Cody that way.