PDA

View Full Version : The chiefs Big Board!

pbatrucker
04-12-2010, 06:07 AM
http://www.bobgretz.com/
I an not posting this because I'm on the Weatherspoon band wagon. I do think he has a great upside.
We the fans tend to make our decisions based on the opions of the so called experts (Kiper ect.) Who the Chiefs like to fill a certain position could be completley different from what we expect..
There is also a good report on Cam Thomas. Enjoy!

Seek
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
If you think Witherspoon is a top five pick, I truly believe your opinion may be biased. I watched him play a lot as my family is all MU fans. I am not.... He is a late first rounder at best. He may be around for our second pick.

honda522
04-12-2010, 09:19 AM
i could go with Witherspoon.

I really don't want to see a DL in the top five drafted by us.

bwilliams
04-12-2010, 10:15 AM
If we're dying to go LB, we'll go McClain or Jason Pierre-Paul at #5. Not Witherspoon. As Seek said, he's a late 1st round, early 2nd round guy.

yashi
04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
I just don't get how Pioli would pass on the consensus #1 overall player who was also a LB last season, and take one this year who is not even considered the top LB prospect.

bwilliams
04-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I just don't get how Pioli would pass on the consensus #1 overall player who was also a LB last season, and take one this year who is not even considered the top LB prospect.

I'm not for drafting a LB in the 1st, but the big difference between the likes of Curry and Weatherspoon and the likes of McClain and Pierre-Paul is size.

Weatherspoon is 6'1", 235 lbs.

Curry is 6'2", 254 lbs.

McClain is 6'4", 261 lbs.

Paul-Pierre is 6'6", 265 lbs.

If we drafted any of these at #5, it would be the latter two. The big guys who can knock down balls, stop the run, and rush the passer.

Really, Pierre-Paul is the only LB that makes sense at #5. He's the only top LB prospect who's a 3-4 OLB. Opposite Hali, he could be a double-digit sack guy for the next decade. Of course, he's very raw, and I don't think we go LB anyway. LT, NT, or trade down are the only choices I can see us making.

buffman316
04-12-2010, 11:01 AM
There is probably a chance you could get Weatherspoon with our top second round pick. Barry and him would be a good first two picks!