PDA

View Full Version : The more I think about it....

DC_Chiefsfan
04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
I really wouldn't mind drafting Dez Bryant. He's a beast and I think would be an elite receiver within 2 years in the NFL.

jacko58
04-13-2010, 06:44 PM
good idea idk if it would happen but id like it. id rather trade a 2nd and 4th for marshall i think marshall would want to destroy the donks twice a year like eddie kennison
did when he was here

Chief Tyler
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
good idea idk if it would happen but id like it. id rather trade a 2nd and 4th for marshall i think marshall would want to destroy the donks twice a year like eddie kennison
did when he was here

If the options were drafting Bryant or trading for Marshall I'd even send the first rounder for BMarsh. Both are going to be headaches, at least we would get a proven guy in Marshall.

Moral of the story: drafting Bryant is no muy bueno at our position.

bwilliams
04-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I like Bryant, and I think he'll be a great pro (Plaxico Burress, but less stupid, is my bet). That being said, we aren't going to do anything until we fix our defensive front seven and OL. Look at Randy Moss in Oakland for an example of how ineffective a great WR can be without a great team surrounding him.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I think Bryant gets unfair criticism. He doesn't seem like that bad a guy to me, definitely no worse than the afore mentioned Randy Moss going into the draft. As far as saying we have other needs, well of course we do. It doesn't matter who we draft, you can still say that. But WR is a need, and to get potential elite talent at any of our positions of need is going to be a big plus. In my opinion, the WR class fall dramatically after Dez Bryant. There are guys close to his level of talent, but they're raw and look like they'll take a couple years to develop. All I'm saying is that if we draft Bryant, you can't be unhappy. Maybe less happy, but not unhappy. He's a playmaker.

Ryfo18
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I think Bryant gets unfair criticism. He doesn't seem like that bad a guy to me, definitely no worse than the afore mentioned Randy Moss going into the draft. As far as saying we have other needs, well of course we do. It doesn't matter who we draft, you can still say that. But WR is a need, and to get potential elite talent at any of our positions of need is going to be a big plus. In my opinion, the WR class fall dramatically after Dez Bryant. There are guys close to his level of talent, but they're raw and look like they'll take a couple years to develop. All I'm saying is that if we draft Bryant, you can't be unhappy. Maybe less happy, but not unhappy. He's a playmaker.

I think a lot of the criticism might come from rumors certain teams may put out, hoping that he falls to them. It's a scare tactic!

KottkeKU
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Taking Bryant at no.5 would be even dumber than taking Bulaga at no.5...

nothing against you, because Bryant is a playmaker. But i know he is a headcase, just not the player Pioli is looking for. Plus, they re-signed Chris Chambers...and we have D.Bowe... it may not be what you want, but the Patriots suerbowl teams were notorious for being supposedly weak at WR...eventhough they had solid contributors across the board like we will

.... we also signed Jereme Urban, who i think will surprise alot of people, mark my words...

DC_Chiefsfan
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
Taking Bryant at no.5 would be even dumber than taking Bulaga at no.5...

nothing against you, because Bryant is a playmaker. But i know he is a headcase, just not the player Pioli is looking for. Plus, they re-signed Chris Chambers...and we have D.Bowe... it may not be what you want, but the Patriots suerbowl teams were notorious for being supposedly weak at WR...eventhough they had solid contributors across the board like we will

.... we also signed Jereme Urban, who i think will surprise alot of people, mark my words...

I would disagree. Most teams have no problem choosing a WR with the #5 pick but none of them would pick a RT with that same pick. And Bulaga is a RT. Since this is a defensively deep draft, I wouldn't mind selecting a playmaker like this guy at #5. With him in there and some more O-lineman for depth (I believe we have our starting line in place), our offense could easily go top 10 next year. Bryant, Bowe, Chambers, Jones, Charles and Cassel!?!

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
I really wouldn't mind drafting Dez Bryant. He's a beast and I think would be an elite receiver within 2 years in the NFL.
I was think that at one point but They've got Chris Chambers, and Dwayne Bowe is ont he rise IMO so WR is a very strong need in my eyes.

hometeam
04-13-2010, 09:51 PM
not gonna happen.

for good reason.

matthewschiefs
04-13-2010, 11:06 PM
The only reason that I would not be thrilled about it is that we have much bigger needs at the moment then WR. I think that we need to work on the bigger needs first then get a WR.

AussieChiefsFan
04-13-2010, 11:18 PM
The only reason that I would not be thrilled about it is that we have much bigger needs at the moment then WR. I think that we need to work on the bigger needs first then get a WR.
IMO the only reason they are not going to draft him. If WR was still a great need then he would likely be taken, but not now.

Chief Tyler
04-14-2010, 12:33 AM
IMO the only reason they are not going to draft him. If WR was still a great need then he would likely be taken, but not now.

Doesn't matter how big the need is in the Haley/Pioli machine, if you don't fit the right 53 you won't be on the team no matter the need (Pollard), and right now general speculation says Bryant wouldn't be part of the right 53.

AussieChiefsFan
04-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Doesn't matter how big the need is in the Haley/Pioli machine, if you don't fit the right 53 you won't be on the team no matter the need (Pollard), and right now general speculation says Bryant wouldn't be part of the right 53.
I'm hoping that convinces pioli to draft Berry.

chief31
04-14-2010, 02:37 AM
I would disagree. Most teams have no problem choosing a WR with the #5 pick but none of them would pick a RT with that same pick. And Bulaga is a RT. Since this is a defensively deep draft, (I believe we have our starting line in place)

The Dolphins picked Jake Long at #1 overall, and The Broncos picked Ryan Clady at #12 overall. The Jets picked D'Brickashaw Ferguson at #4 overall.

The list goes on. But the point is that LOT prospects are very often dismissed as ROTs at the NFL level. Any team drafting after Kansas City, who have expressed some interest in Bulaga, that is looking at him for themselves, has one good reason to push the belief that Bulaga can't be a LOT.

Just like a Chiefs fan, who believes that our vastly underachieving O-line is "in place" has a reason to push that same opinion.

If we were to take Bulaga at #5, and he gets beat out for the LOT by Albert, then AWESOME!!!! Not only do we get a big upgrade at ROT, we also have an insurance plan for Albert.

And that insurance theory also plays to the effect of not knowing if Albert is capable of performing at LOT.

I don't trust Lilja to play well at all. I think that Waters is old, and possibly not as good as he was once percieved.

Branden Albert was, by a wide margin, the top OG prospect when drafted in '08. I would be thrilled to have him starting in front of either of those other two guys.

You think this o-line is good enough? Then you are gonna fight the idea of drafting an o-lineman high. And that is what you are doing by calling Bulaga a ROT.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
We have our probable starters for the 2010 season on the O-line. The only guy who's at risk of losing his starting role is Ryan O'callaghan. I feel we can pick up a great RT in the mid rounds. Our line is DEFINITELY solid enough to avoid using our #5 overall pick on an Olineman. We need depth primarily. Since this draft is knee deep in Olinemen, we should be able to snag a few in later rounds. Our #5 pick should be used on a WR, CB, SS, DL or OLB (not in that particular order).

The general consensus is that Bulaga would make a much better RT than LT, that's why I see him as a RT. Trent Williams would be a much better pick than Bulaga if we were to pick a OL with the #5 pick anyhow. He's got a plethora of experience with zone blocking and he's mean.

Also, your logic for drafting an O-lineman is easily applied to WR. "If we were to take Bryant at #5, and he gets beat out for the WR1/2 by Bowe, then AWESOME!!!! Not only do we get a big upgrade at WR, we also have an insurance plan for Bowe.

And that insurance theory also plays to the effect of not knowing if Bowe is capable of performing at WR. "

With Bryant and Bowe for the future, they'd remind me of Fitzgerald and Boldin.

chief31
04-15-2010, 05:33 AM
We have our probable starters for the 2010 season on the O-line. The only guy who's at risk of losing his starting role is Ryan O'callaghan. I feel we can pick up a great RT in the mid rounds. Our line is DEFINITELY solid enough to avoid using our #5 overall pick on an Olineman. We need depth primarily. Since this draft is knee deep in Olinemen, we should be able to snag a few in later rounds. Our #5 pick should be used on a WR, CB, SS, DL or OLB (not in that particular order).

The general consensus is that Bulaga would make a much better RT than LT, that's why I see him as a RT. Trent Williams would be a much better pick than Bulaga if we were to pick a OL with the #5 pick anyhow. He's got a plethora of experience with zone blocking and he's mean.

Also, your logic for drafting an O-lineman is easily applied to WR. "If we were to take Bryant at #5, and he gets beat out for the WR1/2 by Bowe, then AWESOME!!!! Not only do we get a big upgrade at WR, we also have an insurance plan for Bowe.

And that insurance theory also plays to the effect of not knowing if Bowe is capable of performing at WR. "

With Bryant and Bowe for the future, they'd remind me of Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Not if the o-line plays like it has for the past couple of seasons.

Not to mention that a WR only affects a few plays per game. Whereas a misstep by an OT can destroy just about any play you run.

Also, Callahan is not the only guy that could be replaced. Albert has been a major disapointment at LOT in two seasons. Waters and Weigmann are both pretty old and could be crap by tomorrow morning. Then there's Lilja. And he is undersized, and never had to do much with Indy.

Our o-line is made up of underskilled players, seniors, and out-of-position guys. And that's it.

All five positions are in need. Rather it be youth, or skill, all of them are currently jacked-up.

WR? You're never gonna know what you have if you can't protect your QB.

Bike
04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I fot a feeling that just having a new and experienced OC, devoted soley to the offense, will improve OL play in itself. That being said, I have no idea who Pioli has in mind for our 1st pick...
If it was me, it would be Dan Williams - our teams' biggest need imo...

toyotapower
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
gotta be a defensive pick.

bwilliams
04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
I fot a feeling that just having a new and experienced OC, devoted soley to the offense, will improve OL play in itself. That being said, I have no idea who Pioli has in mind for our 1st pick...
If it was me, it would be Dan Williams - our teams' biggest need imo...

I think our pick has to be Okung, Baluga, or Williams. In that order. I think at least one of the top-4 NTs will slip to round 2 (Williams, Thomas, Cody, Joseph), which means we can get our LTotF at #5. The word on the street is that the Skins are going Trent Williams because they think he fits their schemes better (and he does), which means Okung drops right to us.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I still don't know why everyone is so damn hard on Albert. He played very well his rookie year and once he grasped zone blocking, played Very well at the end of the year. I never said we had our starting line figured out for the long term. But for this next year, we're plenty set enough to avoid using our first round pick on a LT in which we already have. Albert will be a BEAST next season. He's a giant, strong dude. He's bigger than Okung and that's even at his slimmed down weight. With last year plus this offseason with Weis under his belt, he will be a dominant LT next year. Mark my words.

Our first pick has got to be a defensive pick or an offensive playmaker. To be honest, I wouldn't mind drafting Joe Haden. Carr is good, but could you imagine potentially having 2 shutdown corners?! We would either have depth at CB or move Carr to Safety. He's got the size and the physicality for it.

bwilliams
04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I still don't know why everyone is so damn hard on Albert. He played very well his rookie year and once he grasped zone blocking, played Very well at the end of the year. I never said we had our starting line figured out for the long term. But for this next year, we're plenty set enough to avoid using our first round pick on a LT in which we already have. Albert will be a BEAST next season. He's a giant, strong dude. He's bigger than Okung and that's even at his slimmed down weight. With last year plus this offseason with Weis under his belt, he will be a dominant LT next year. Mark my words.

Our first pick has got to be a defensive pick or an offensive playmaker. To be honest, I wouldn't mind drafting Joe Haden. Carr is good, but could you imagine potentially having 2 shutdown corners?! We would either have depth at CB or move Carr to Safety. He's got the size and the physicality for it.

Why do you think Albert did well? Every QB we've had for the past two years has been running for his life most downs. Our team keeps leading the leage in sacks taken, and none of the guys we've had in there (Huard, Thigpen, Croyle, Cassel) were exactly statues.

Albert is probably done as our LT. If Okung drops to us, we're taking him and getting Albert the hell away from our QB's blind side.

chiefnut
04-15-2010, 03:29 PM
too many can't miss beast receivers turn out like ted ginn jr, for more proof check the detroit lions draft history of #1round picks