PDA

View Full Version : stop the draft berry talk

kcred
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Berry is not a proto type nfl saftey. First the Tennessee d line allowed him to play center field without worry about the run.Berry IS NoT a run stuffing saftey. He is a below average tackler. He projects out as a very good corner and that is where he will play in the nfl

hometeam
04-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Wrong.

kcred
04-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Maybe I don't know much but most nfl teams project him as a corner. To light as a run stopper, bad tackled,and will be injury pronounced as a safety in the nfl. That is what the nfl scouts are saying. Then they must be wrong by your thinking

bwilliams
04-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe I don't know much but most nfl teams project him as a corner. To light as a run stopper, bad tackled,and will be injury pronounced as a safety in the nfl. That is what the nfl scouts are saying. Then they must be wrong by your thinking

You have a link to back this all up? Because no one is projecting Berry to CB so far as I've read. He's a prototypical FS.

yashi
04-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Berry played SS his senior year man. Kiffin took him out of the centerfield role, and he also played nickel in passing situations. He's been all over the defensive backfield in his college career, and has been successful wherever he's been placed.

BTW, he's 6', 211 lbs. That makes him bigger than the following players: Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Bob Sanders, and the same size as Brian Dawkins.

kcred
04-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Not at this time. Been hearing this from Mike mayock espn. Earl Thomas is a true saftey. I would draft Berry at 14 if the chiefs can trade pics with Seattle . Make him the #2 corner. Chiefs would then have the best corner back tandem in the nfl. Draft a safety in the 2nd or 3rd round

honda522
04-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Below average tackler?

He is probably the most solid tackler in this coming draft.

Do yourself a favor and save your self some embarrassment.

kcred
04-17-2010, 12:02 AM
All the players you just mentioned are injury prone. Sanders can't stay on the field. Hasent been able to remain healthy for 3 years. Polamalu injured

yashi
04-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Mike Mayock is a great talent evaluator, but he is literally the only person on earth who has the smaller Earl Thomas (aka the guy who completely took a wrong angle and whiffed, allowing Michael Crabtree to walk into the endzone for a game winning TD) rated higher than Berry.

yashi
04-17-2010, 12:05 AM
YouTube- Texas Tech Game-Winning TD Michael Crabtree

That's Earl Thomas coming into the play, and doing.. well, nothing.

kcred
04-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Just my opinion. I can't see paying him top 5 money to see him on the injury list and unable to play. Aka Sanders. Absolutely a bad pic at #5. Chiefs Gm is smarter than that and will not draft Berry. Therefore my statements are inline with what he places value on safety's. Not worth the pic . Checkmate

honda522
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Just my opinion. I can't see paying him top 5 money to see him on the injury list and unable to play. Aka Sanders. Absolutely a bad pic at #5. Chiefs Gm is smarter than that and will not draft Berry. Therefore my statements are inline with what he places value on safety's. Not worth the pic . Checkmate
Dude, injury can happen to anyone.

matthewschiefs
04-17-2010, 01:02 AM
Berry is not a proto type nfl saftey. First the Tennessee d line allowed him to play center field without worry about the run.Berry IS NoT a run stuffing saftey. He is a below average tackler. He projects out as a very good corner and that is where he will play in the nfl

OK i kind of sort of agree in a sense. I do think that Tennessee made him look good or better then they would with the Chiefs becuse they were able to get pressure on the Qb. I Think that our lack of a pass rush and just the jump in talent from college to NFL are going to make him look a tad overrated to some.

As for being a bad tackler I can't say i agree there. I have seen him make a few tackles that have knocked people out. I don't watch a lot of college football so I can't say that i think hes great but From what i have seen theres a good reason he is highly rated.

I still think that the Chiefs will be better getting a bigger postion of need then safety but i will not be to upset if they do end up drafting Berry. He has a huge upside IMO.

AussieChiefsFan
04-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Wrong.
:bananen_smilies046:

brish
04-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Stop making threads telling people what to do!

AussieChiefsFan
04-17-2010, 07:58 AM
Especially if it is "anti- Eric Berry"!

:D

70 chiefsfan70
04-17-2010, 10:06 AM

I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!

Berry is going to be a stud in the NFL.
To those that think Berry would be over paid at the five spot.....Show me a player that wont be!!! All these guys are over paid!! We (the Chiefs) could continue the trend and get high paid position player like Dorsey, Jackson, or Albert, or Bowe, All these guys are waaaay overpaid! even though I like a couple of them.

It just doesn't make sense to keep beating the same dead horse!:beat_DeadHorse:

Bad teams are stuck in a rut because they draft first and pay out huge dollars every year on players that are not proven,its a chance they have to take or trade out of them, I personally think in makes more sense to trade out for an extra 1 or 2 picks( especially if Clausen is still there) and still get very good players for pennies on the dollar.

If trading is not there I still think Berry is the best and safest big contract bet for our team.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!:chiefs:

bwilliams
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!

Berry is going to be a stud in the NFL.
To those that think Berry would be over paid at the five spot.....Show me a player that wont be!!! All these guys are over paid!! We (the Chiefs) could continue the trend and get high paid position player like Dorsey, Jackson, or Albert, or Bowe, All these guys are waaaay overpaid! even though I like a couple of them.

It just doesn't make sense to keep beating the same dead horse!:beat_DeadHorse:

Bad teams are stuck in a rut because they draft first and pay out huge dollars every year on players that are not proven,its a chance they have to take or trade out of them, I personally think in makes more sense to trade out for an extra 1 or 2 picks( especially if Clausen is still there) and still get very good players for pennies on the dollar.

If trading is not there I still think Berry is the best and safest big contract bet for our team.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!:chiefs:

Albert and Bowe are not overpaid.

And everyone agrees we should trade down. But you can't trade down unless you have a trade partner. And very, very few teams want to trade up.

And while the OP is wrong about Berry in the NFL (he's going to be a great FS), I agree we aren't going to draft him. Not even because of how much we're paying him, but because we have such big needs in our OL and front seven. We'll go McClain or Pierre-Paul before we go Berry.

jacko58
04-17-2010, 10:46 PM
All the players you just mentioned are injury prone. Sanders can't stay on the field. Hasent been able to remain healthy for 3 years. Polamalu injured

you sir must either be drunk
or mental make berry a corner?? i think were all stupider for reading that comment may god have mercer on your soul ;) polamalus been injured once bob has been injured alot but not a long list beyound bob and michael huff.. berrys a safety who can cover not a corner who can be a safety and earl thomas is only loved by mayock over berry no one else agrees

Connie Jo
04-18-2010, 12:49 AM
So...after the draft is over this coming weekend, then I assume the conversation topics will change to being about those we drafted, those we didn't and should have...and so on?

:efpge: :lol:

I see nothing, hear nothing, but speak BERRY @ #5!!!

chief31
04-18-2010, 01:52 AM
So...after the draft is over this coming weekend, then I assume the conversation topics will change to being about those we drafted, those we didn't and should have...and so on?

Well, it will be a mix of discussions about the players we do draft and alot of sour grapes over who we didn't draft.

Having been on the "sour grapes" side for the past several years, maybe I will get a break from it this time. :D

Every time we have dealt me the grapes, we have had a crappy year. :lol:

Connie Jo
04-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Well, it will be a mix of discussions about the players we do draft and alot of sour grapes over who we didn't draft.

Having been on the "sour grapes" side for the past several years, maybe I will get a break from it this time. :D

Every time we have dealt me the grapes, we have had a crappy year. :lol:

Well then, for the sake of having a winning year, I sure hope the grapes you are dealt will be as sweet as can be!
:lol:

endzonewillie
04-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Ya don't have to do what he says jeesh. Give your opinion if it differs but posting to tell others not to do stuff is not very positive. I would take Berry but not with our first pick of the draft , we need to aquire the best CB or LB in the draft so we can fix the second level of our defense. Just my opinion.

toyotapower
04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Ya don't have to do what he says jeesh. Give your opinion if it differs but posting to tell others not to do stuff is not very positive. I would take Berry but not with our first pick of the draft , we need to aquire the best CB or LB in the draft so we can fix the second level of our defense. Just my opinion.

i think cb is very low need. the brandons (flowers and carr) will both be fine once we have a pass rush. no one can cover all day without a pass rush.

rodu
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM
did berry run over TC's dog?

honda522
04-18-2010, 04:46 PM
i think cb is very low need. the brandons (flowers and carr) will both be fine once we have a pass rush. no one can cover all day without a pass rush.
IDK, they burned Carr pretty fast.

jacko58
04-18-2010, 08:56 PM
eeerriiiicccv bbbeeerrryyy.... man hes scary.. eerriicckk bbeerryy man hes scary!!

slimdagreat
04-19-2010, 05:47 PM
threads like this make me glad the draft is almost over.

josh1971
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM

Happened last year, too. Conversation went from drafting Curry to how terrible and stupid Scott Pioli and Todd Haley were. :D

I expect it will be pretty much the same this year, especially if we don't draft Berry.

Me? I just want good solid players out of the draft, that can come in and contribute right away. I want a freakin' pass rush this season!!!!!