PDA

View Full Version : I like this mock draft!

DC_Chiefsfan
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/index.php?page=1

Bike
04-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah but unfortunately, we ain't selecting Berry. Pioli already said as much at the owners meeting. You'll see in 5 days...

matthewschiefs
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
I like getting golden tate. Hope it works out this way. Cant wait till thursday.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-17-2010, 02:37 PM
I don't think we'll take berry either. I didn't say this mock would happen, I just like it. That group of players would be incredible. That's almost 5 starters between Berry, Tate, Hernandez, Owusu Ansah and Thaddeus Gibson.

Thaddeus Gibson's tape looks awesome by the way. I hope we end up with that guy!

chief31
04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
I haven't seen a draft I like any less.

They have us taking a QB before a DT? They addresed all of our lesser needs early, and some of our greater needs late.

I mean... I could actually make a worse mock. But I haven't seen one that was this disconnected from The Chiefs.

Eric Berry is probably the best pick made there.

bwilliams
04-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I haven't seen a draft I like any less.

They have us taking a QB before a DT? They addresed all of our lesser needs early, and some of our greater needs late.

I mean... I could actually make a worse mock. But I haven't seen one that was this disconnected from The Chiefs.

Eric Berry is probably the best pick made there.

Tate at 2a would be a pretty great pick. But I agree wih you on the whole.

chief31
04-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Tate at 2a would be a pretty great pick. But I agree wih you on the whole.

The only reason I didn't give alot of credit to that pick was because, with the first pick used at FS, it pushed the team's major needs further back, and assured that only one would have been addresed in the top two rounds. (Which this mock didn't even do.)

DC_Chiefsfan
04-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Really? To me it looks like we have 2 immediate every down defensive starters, 1 KR/nickel back, a great slot receiver and possible NO.2 and a starting TE who would be a real pass catching threat. And we add depth on both the offensive and defensive lines. I would also prefer we take a DT much earlier, but we are still loaded with weapons and very talented players.

Our needs: DT, OLB, KR, S, TE, ILB, WR, OL (in no particular order)

This draft addressed every one of those positions except ILB.

bwilliams
04-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Really? To me it looks like we have 2 immediate every down defensive starters, 1 KR/nickel back, a great slot receiver and possible NO.2 and a starting TE who would be a real pass catching threat. And we add depth on both the offensive and defensive lines. I would also prefer we take a DT much earlier, but we are still loaded with weapons and very talented players.

A player picked in the 5th round, unless it's at a position like K or P, will almost certainly not be a Day 1 starter. We're not addressing our needs at OLB, ILB, and OT by picking a bunch of guys on Day 3.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-18-2010, 01:16 PM
With our LB corps, any LB pick has the potential to be a starter, especially in a deep draft like this one.

bwilliams
04-18-2010, 01:23 PM
With our LB corps, any LB pick has the potential to be a starter, especially in a deep draft like this one.

Any player, eitherrafted high, drafted low, or undrafted has a potential to be a starter. But almost no lower round, undrafted players do become starters in the NFL. Because the better players tend to go early.

Filling critical spots with low round and undrafted guys is what Herm Edwards did for three years. It sunk us in this mess. We need legitimate starters, not projects.

bigpoppachief
04-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I heard alot of good things about that big CB with the weird name I would like to grab him to go along with Carr and Flowers

chief31
04-19-2010, 02:58 AM

I suppose I just prefer to have them put in order. We need a long-snapper too. But certainly not ahead of DT, SS, OLB and LOT/ROT.

And this mock, in my opinion, seems to have our needs in a reversed order.

I see NT = LOT/ROT > OLB > SS > OLB > ILB > WR, TE, OG, C and CB.

So using your last two picks, in the fifth round, to addres your two biggest needs, well after addresing several of our lesser needs, is a problem.

Basically, you still have the biggest problems that you had the year before.

stricken721
04-19-2010, 03:13 AM
I heard alot of good things about that big CB with the weird name I would like to grab him to go along with Carr and Flowers

Do you mean Akwasi Owusu-Ansah? That's not that hard to say!:lol:

OPLookn
04-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Do you mean Akwasi Owusu-Ansah? That's not that hard to say!:lol:

The guys on 610 keep singing the praises of this guy and said that we should take him with our 2b pick. Saying that he won't make it past the 2nd round and has been sky rocketing up the draft boards despite being a division two player. Before anyone gets all huffy I went to a division two school and there are some fantastic players there. Just wondering how much this could be like last year in reaching for a guy that wasn't even slated to be picked...Colin Brown. *cough, cough*