PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! If this is true........

Drunker Hillbilly
04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I make this deal in less time than it takes for the question to be asked!!!!!

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

KCINNYC
04-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I make this deal in less time than it takes for the question to be asked!!!!!

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter)

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

NEVER.

lucky_lefty
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Why?

matthewschiefs
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I dont why would we get anther guy at a postion we are set at and give up a chance to get a player we are in need of.

Ryfo18
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Look for the Raiders to be players here.

bwilliams
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Raiders trading for Roethlisberger makes too much sense. It isn't as if they have anything to lose, right?

Seek
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
No thanks. I don't take kind to rapist in my town.

OPLookn
04-21-2010, 01:12 PM
No thanks. I don't take kind to rapist in my town.

If you've ever voted that's not necessarily true...
:lol:

Seek
04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
If you've ever voted that's not necessarily true...
:lol:

I have never voted, but plan to change that very very very soon.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Well, once you vote, you can start complaining. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain. those are the rules.

back to the thread topic, if we traded for roethlesberger, I would cease to be a Chiefs fan. I'm dead serious.

bwilliams
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, once you vote, you can start complaining. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain. those are the rules.

back to the thread topic, if we traded for roethlesberger, I would cease to be a Chiefs fan. I'm dead serious.

Now I'm hoping we trade for Roethlisberger.

Bike
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Seek
04-21-2010, 02:11 PM

I can still complain. I think the rule should state, you can't complain if you were the one who voted the elected in.

Bike
04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
And now he's just been suspended for the 1st 6 games....

Hayvern
04-21-2010, 02:51 PM
The Raiders, there is no doubt about it. He is an Al Davis' type of QB, big and in trouble a lot.

SIC J
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Rothlisberger sucks! Did you all forget that when he won the Super Bowl he had the lowest rating ever by any QB in the playoffs? The Steeler defense wins them games, NOT their offense.

brish
04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
No thanks! He has been in a downward spiral ever since winning the superbowl, both on and off the field..

I'll stick with Cassel..

Edit: I really doubt Clark Hunt would like a man whose reputation is getting some serious chinks, to be the face of his franchise.
This has Al Davis written all over it!

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Uh...ok.

reded
04-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Rothlisberger sucks! Did you all forget that when he won the Super Bowl he had the lowest rating ever by any QB in the playoffs? The Steeler defense wins them games, NOT their offense.

Not a Steeler fan by any means but I do believe it was their OFFENSE that won Super Bowl XLIII in the closing seconds.

Hayvern
04-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Sorry, Rothlesberger is a good quarterback, he is not as good as Peyton Manning, but he is good. Quarterback is not the only offensive position on the team.

The knock on Rothlesberger has been his off field antics and that he has a busted head all the time. I think it is a little bit dangerous to be taking a guy that is so prone to having head injuries.

Chief Tyler
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest)

KC isn't on the list of interested teams, Oakland on the other hand is, and apparently they haven't said no yet.

wildcat
04-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I am shocked that some people actually want us to make this trade. It makes me wonder how tolerant most people would have been of LJ if he had remained productive.

I hope Rothlesburger gets help and turns things around, but I would not want to sign him as a FA for the vet minimum unless he had convinced me that he was completely committed to getting his head on straight. And even then I would put a clause in his contract that would take back every penny I ever paid him if he messed up again.

KCINNYC
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM

I hate posts like that.
So lame

josh1971
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Nope. No how. No way. At best, the guy is stupid as a post and has the worst judgment ever. At worst, he's a serial rapist. No way in hell I'd want this clown on the Chiefs, no matter how many pieces of league jewelry he has.

slc chief
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
the cleveland browns are the team that is interested in his services

chief31
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM
The only way I would support making a deal here would be if the compensation, excluding Big Ben, was enough to trade down.

Example: Pittsburgh gets Our first round pick. KC gets Pittsburgh's first and second round picks.

We are looking to trade down anyway, so we could just ignore Roethlisberger within the deal.

But that would be a crazy deal for Pittsburgh to go for. So it won't happen like that.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
I read on NFL.com that the Steelers are "openly" shopping roethlisberger and the #20 pick for a top ten pick.

If that's true, which I assume since it was on the NFL website, I don't see how Oakland doesn't pull the trigger.

Canada
04-21-2010, 07:02 PM
I read on NFL.com that the Steelers are "openly" shopping roethlisberger and the #20 pick for a top ten pick.

If that's true, which I assume since it was on the NFL website, I don't see how Oakland doesn't pull the trigger.

If thats true, I dont see how we dont pull the trigger, then package Ben up and trade him ourselves!!

chief31
04-21-2010, 07:57 PM
If thats true, I dont see how we dont pull the trigger, then package Ben up and trade him ourselves!!

Not a terrible idea.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Not a bad idea at all but for my money I would keep Big Ben. It's not often you get an opportunity to come into a 2 time Superbowl winning QB for a draft pick. Now some particulars would have to be worked out but he is a step above what we have or have had in a while. Keep in mind he has never been convicted of anything other than maybe being a little immature and has a countersuit filed against his accuser. This is an "over the top" player that could make a team much better, much quicker. Oh ya, we would still have to address the O LINE!!!!!

Seek
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Are any of you people in favor of this trade taking into consideration the price tag his contract brings.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Or the fact that he's been accused of rape twice?

Coach
04-22-2010, 07:25 PM

I'm liking that idea.