PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben possibly a Raider?

josh1971
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Just reading on NFL.com about the Raiders and Rams both talking with the Steelers about El Supido, aka Ben Roethlesberger.

Based on the way we did against him last year, I wouldn't mind facing him in silver and black twice a year, but just the same, I'd prefer if a two-time Super bowl champ went to the Rams...

jb908
04-21-2010, 05:47 PM
He aint going no where. The man has two superbowls.

josh1971
04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
And the Steelers have obviously decided to try putting him on the trading block. He's already going to hurt them for 6 games to start the season.

I don't doubt that this close to the draft, there won't be a deal, but believe it or not, some teams may not want to keep an off-the-field problem child like that around.

Pittsburgh went to super bowls before that guy showed up. They'll probably get there again. Every one of the the 3 head coaches they've had has gotten the team to the big show. And if they can unload him to the raiders or Rams for a top 10 1st rounder (and no doubt other perks), I'm sure they'd seriously consider it.

matthewschiefs
04-21-2010, 11:59 PM

The Stellers are the ones rumored to be shoping him. I would not be surprised. Hes had about as many issues as LJ did when he was here. Except you can say that bens are far worse. I would not be surprised if they traded him at all.

Chiefster
04-22-2010, 12:23 AM
The Stellers are the ones rumored to be shoping him. I would not be surprised. Hes had about as many issues as LJ did when he was here. Except you can say that bens are far worse. I would not be surprised if they traded him at all.

We have a new NFL franchise called the Stellers???

matthewschiefs
04-22-2010, 12:39 AM
We have a new NFL franchise called the Stellers???

hey now dont go makeing fun of my bad spelling. i need to learn to spell lol. But you knew what i ment. :efpge:

Bike
04-22-2010, 12:41 AM
In the NFL its more like "What have you done for me - lately?" Ben could easily be traded, and most likely will be...

Chiefster
04-22-2010, 03:02 AM
hey now dont go makeing fun of my bad spelling. i need to learn to spell lol. But you knew what i ment. :efpge:

Yeah, just teasin. :D

AussieChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 03:24 AM
I hope he doesn't get traded. For that reason obviously but also because I believe he's actually a good guy and the charges are false.

josh1971
04-22-2010, 04:49 AM
I hope he doesn't get traded. For that reason obviously but also because I believe he's actually a good guy and the charges are false.

Sorry Aussie, but if it was just once, I'd believe there was a chance he hadn't done anything wrong. But I believe as of now, there have been three of these against him?

This is either a guy with the worst judgment ever, or a habitual assaulter of women. Either way, it's not good.

AussieChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 05:18 AM
Sorry Aussie, but if it was just once, I'd believe there was a chance he hadn't done anything wrong. But I believe as of now, there have been three of these against him?

This is either a guy with the worst judgment ever, or a habitual assaulter of women. Either way, it's not good.
THREE!!?!?!? Wow, I thought it was only the once. :(

nigeriannightmare
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM

if you read the statements provided by the accuser's witnesses, and they are true, which we will never know, 6 games is not enough. this is the second time he's been charged to boot.

yashi
04-22-2010, 09:22 AM
The Raiders have formally pulled out of the running for Big Ben.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12632265136

Ryfo18
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I do believe Big Ben has character issues, but it's hard to trust a bunch of drunk sorority girls. Whitlock wrote a great article on this. I think Ben still deserves the suspension. He's a poor role model for the NFL.

yashi
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I do believe Big Ben has character issues, but it's hard to trust a bunch of drunk sorority girls. Whitlock wrote a great article on this. I think Ben still deserves the suspension. He's a poor role model for the NFL.

He's a complete idiot, a walking stereotype, and gives football players a bad name.

Bike
04-22-2010, 10:23 AM
He's a complete idiot, a walking stereotype, and gives football players a bad name.
Trade him to the skins. LJ and Ben in the same backfield. They could be the Washington Assaulters. :mooning:

tornadospotter
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
That may be True, I do not know, wish I was younger and in college, so I could do research on this!:D

OPLookn
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
The Raiders have formally pulled out of the running for Big Ben.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12632265136

Can't read twitter at "work" but I didn't figure the Gaiders would take big ben...I mean his 40 time is waaaaay to slow.
:lol:

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Can't read twitter at "work" but I didn't figure the Gaiders would take big ben...I mean his 40 time is waaaaay to slow.
:lol:

May I suggest subscribing to Schefter's twitter account? you can get updates texted to your phone. It's actually pretty fantastic for breaking news.

Hayvern
04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Whether the charges are true or not, the guy has a problem with where he hangs out. He is putting himself in a position that he needs to get himself out of.

I personally think he did do something illegal, even though the prosecutors cannot prove it. If he did nothing wrong, he would not have had to come out and apologize for it.

OPLookn
04-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Whether the charges are true or not, the guy has a problem with where he hangs out. He is putting himself in a position that he needs to get himself out of.

I personally think he did do something illegal, even though the prosecutors cannot prove it. If he did nothing wrong, he would not have had to come out and apologize for it.

I'd disagree with that, people in prominent places apologize for many things that 99% of people that aren't in the public eye would NEVER apologize for. Simply so they'll look like a good guy to sell the image, keep a contract or get a new sponsor. From what I've read this chick had spouted the blonde's mating call 'I'm sooooo drunk!'. But I really did read that this chick had a name tag on and it said DTF (down to f**k) and everyone knows alcohol lowers inhibitions and someone like that would probably find it cool to say they'd done it with big ben.

I'm not condoning what he did, he put himself in a stupid situation with a group of people that should have got him out of there(his bodyguards), at the same time if this gal had been taken by ben's body guards to the bathroom and then stood watch while he did his thing he'd have been indicted a long time ago. In the end it was one big waterfall of bad decisions.

Coach
04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
I hope the raiders don't get him. I think the raiders are a QB away from being a playoff contender. Hopefully al Davis takes another WR.