PDA

View Full Version : Who *don't* you want?

bwilliams
04-21-2010, 10:59 PM
By this, I mean a (likely) player who it would pi$$ you off if his name were called tomorrow at #5?

My choice: McClain

He's an excellent player, but we're basically giving up on the season if we don't pick a LT, NT, or even Berry in the 1st.

stricken721
04-21-2010, 11:03 PM
By this, I mean a (likely) player who it would pi$$ you off if his name were called tomorrow at #5?

He's an excellent player, but we're basically giving up on the season if we don't pick a LT, NT, or even Berry in the 1st.

You gotta lay off the Berry juice.. It's more than likely not going to happen. McClain would be awesome in a 3-4 and if you think by not drafting Berry, a LT, or a NT means we are giving up the season.. that doesn't show much faith in the rest of the team.

But back to the thread topic. Who would I be pissed with the Chiefs picking in the 1st? Anybody that's a Kicker or Punter.

Vandelay
04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
If we take this guy, I will be f***in pissed.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/04/93.jpg

bwilliams
04-21-2010, 11:13 PM
You gotta lay off the Berry juice.. It's more than likely not going to happen. McClain would be awesome in a 3-4 and if you think by not drafting Berry, a LT, or a NT means we are giving up the season.. that doesn't show much faith in the rest of the team.

But back to the thread topic. Who would I be pissed with the Chiefs picking in the 1st? Anybody that's a Kicker or Punter.
Hey, I love our team. Especially given our exceptionally great schedule in 2010. And I'm not exactly a Berry fan, but I would understand the high pick.

But we need OL and a NT more than anything in 2010 if we're planning to be a playoff team. An ILB won't do us much good.

Chiefster
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM
YouTube- The Replacements (2000) Trailer.avi

stricken721
04-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey, I love our team. Especially given our exceptionally great schedule in 2010. And I'm not exactly a Berry fan, but I would understand the high pick.

But we need OL and a NT more than anything in 2010 if we're planning to be a playoff team. An ILB won't do us much good.

It would do us a lot of good. We don't have the best LB corps in the league and somebody that can really step it up would help a ton especially running a 3-4. I'm all for drafting a OL or NT but OL can be addressed in the 2nd round and NT probably can too, as well as safety. I would love to see McClain or Weatherspoon holding a Chiefs jersey come tomorrow evening which is a likely possiblity as well as NT. Pioli has never drafted a Safety or an O-Lineman in the 1st round, but he has done both with NT and LB so the pick will probably be one of those. If it's not I'll be eating crow. The problem with the draft I guess is we all fall in love with players who have a higher chance of not playing for us, than playing for us. That's why we as fans have to support whoever the Chiefs select.

I apologize if it seems like I was questioning your fan hood. I know you're a true Chiefs fan because you are on here sharing your opinion, and that's awesome. :bananen_smilies046:

Ryfo18
04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Terrance Cody

honda522
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Suh.

Or any DL in the first round.For the last few years all we have picked are DL in the first round, and they all suck. Yet we picked up Jared in the 4th and he was decent.

matthewschiefs
04-21-2010, 11:58 PM

Hey I think he Would be a great pick up for this team. I cant imagin why you would say that. We can take him show al davis his 40 time and trade him to oakland for 5 years of 1st round picks.

Canada
04-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey I think he Would be a great pick up for this team. I cant imagin why you would say that. We can take him show al davis his 40 time and trade him to oakland for 5 years of 1st round picks.

Nope, that guys too good lookin to be a Raitard!!

Fansincebirth
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Okung dont think we have the need at LT and and many say that we can take him and move albert inside to sure up our line. Why take a LT to fix a Guard problem. Crazy baby

Canada
04-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Okung dont think we have the need at LT and and many say that we can take him and move albert inside to sure up our line. Why take a LT to fix a Guard problem. Crazy baby

Not so crazy when your LT is a guard

g8rb8t
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm not to hip on Berry being a number 5 pick. I honestly hope we trade down unless Bradford fell to us.

Bike
04-22-2010, 12:47 AM

Looks like he's had some experience as a holder. Late round pick only...

whatwasthat?
04-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Pioli has never drafted a Safety or an O-Lineman in the 1st round, but he has done both with NT and LB so the pick will probably be one of those. . :bananen_smilies046:

brandon merriweather (sp?)

Bike
04-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Suh.

Or any DL in the first round.For the last few years all we have picked are DL in the first round, and they all suck. Yet we picked up Jared in the 4th and he was decent.
New regime - new philosophy. Can't go by how badly Peterson screwed up this team. Just gotta fix it.

70 chiefsfan70
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I like Berry at 5 but wouldn' mind any of the top 3 OL ,Williams ,or McClain.

Now to the question,please no big reach like last year, also no kicker!

bwilliams
04-22-2010, 08:37 AM
brandon merriweather (sp?)

Logan Mankins (OG) too.

toyotapower
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
i don't want to see an OL with the #5 unless okung falls to us. otherwise, has to be defense.

yashi
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM
I don't want McClain or Bulaga. McClain is a great field general, but to take a LB in the top 5 they need to be a ridiculous athlete too, like a Patrick Willis type. Bulaga is a master technician, but physically he is not impressive enough to warrant a top 5 pick IMO.

Okung, Berry, Dan Williams. Those are the guys I'm hoping for.

Bike
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't want McClain or Bulaga. McClain is a great field general, but to take a LB in the top 5 they need to be a ridiculous athlete too, like a Patrick Willis type. Bulaga is a master technician, but physically he is not impressive enough to warrant a top 5 pick IMO.

I think its Dan Williams. Pioli has publicly said 2 things that make me say this:
1. "You know how I feel about drafting safeties that high."
2. "Brandon Albert is our left tackle."
Of course this could all be pre-draft smoke and mirrors. Who knows...

yashi
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
I think its Dan Williams. Pioli has publicly said 2 things that make me say this:
1. "You know how I feel about drafting safeties that high."
2. "Brandon Albert is our left tackle."
Of course this could all be pre-draft smoke and mirrors. Who knows...

Yeah. The only weird thing is that according to this (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/18/1429054/are-the-kansas-city-chiefs-draft), we haven't even had a private workout with Dan Williams. I wonder if that's more Pioli smoke and mirrors or what. Seems strange, we obviously need a NT as much as anything else, and Williams is the best available.

tornadospotter
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah. The only weird thing is that according to this (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/18/1429054/are-the-kansas-city-chiefs-draft), we haven't even had a private workout with Dan Williams. I wonder if that's more Pioli smoke and mirrors or what. Seems strange, we obviously need a NT as much as anything else, and Williams is the best available.
Maybe because private workouts are to change your mind from who you are considering?

KCINNYC
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
YouTube- Football Bloopers - very funny

Poor Dante Hall makes the list.
The last one is priceless! Ha ha ha

tornadospotter
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
YouTube- Football Bloopers - very funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEXYHUfJBM)

I was at that game, he made up for it later with a return for a TD.

OPLookn
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I'd say any safety other than Berry at #5. I'll wouldn't be unhappy if we took Berry. I'm really hoping this 49ers trade is true though!

Chief Tyler
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM

With that mentality we would be giving up the season in taking Berry assuming no change from last season. Safeties may be nice but he wouldn't have the same play to play impact as McClain would. DL>LB>S

Anywho, my pick would be Dez Bryant, or Morgan/JPP assuming we don't get out of the five spot.

Bike
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
With that mentality we would be giving up the season in taking Berry assuming no change from last season. Safeties may be nice but he wouldn't have the same play to play impact as McClain would. DL>LB>S

Anywho, my pick would be Dez Bryant, or Morgan/JPP assuming we don't get out of the five spot.
Need a nose tackle. Why not take the best available in Dan Williams? I think thats who we get...
McClain, Morgan, Bryant, JPP - no way at 5...

complexrealmz
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Dont want- Dan or Trent Williams, Baluga, or Dez Bryant

Want- McClain, Berry, or Trade if the deal is right...

We need to go defense with the first pick and it needs to be an impact player.. Ideally we could trade back and get McClain or Thomas the safety from Texas and then another 1st round or high second round pick..

Bike
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Dont want- Dan or Trent Williams, Baluga, or Dez Bryant

Want- McClain, Berry, or Trade if the deal is right...

We need to go defense with the first pick and it needs to be an impact player.. Ideally we could trade back and get McClain or Thomas the safety from Texas and then another 1st round or high second round pick..
Now theres talk of Berry going to the skins at 4...

buffman316
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Baluga and any one named Williams.

Boobcrack
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
To be honest I think we really can't go wrong with our first pick. This draft is so talented that I would love to have a lot of these players. Okung, Berry, Bulaga, McClain, Bryant, Williams, Graham, Pouncey, Gresham. I like any of these players, and think that they could come right in and contribute.

Chief Tyler
04-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Need a nose tackle. Why not take the best available in Dan Williams? I think thats who we get...
McClain, Morgan, Bryant, JPP - no way at 5...

Thats what I meant, my picks for the thread are those three.

The guy I want is Okung or Williams.

Seek
04-22-2010, 12:36 PM
but to take a LB in the top 5 they need to be a ridiculous athlete too.

And taking a safety at 5 is better than taking an LB, how... McClain is a rediculous athlete which is why his stock rose.

honda522
04-22-2010, 12:40 PM
YouTube- Football Bloopers - very funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEXYHUfJBM)

Dammit, I remember that. That pissed me off.

Seek
04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
I think I would be upset the most with Bulaga. If they draft him #5, it would be my opinion they were drafting by position and not best available. I still think it needs to be by position, but one of 5 posistions depending on what is available.

bwilliams
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I think I would be upset the most with Bulaga. If they draft him #5, it would be my opinion they were drafting by position and not best available. I still think it needs to be by position, but one of 5 posistions depending on what is available.

Yeah, I've soured on Baluga a bunch. I don't see any reson to pick him over Trent Williams.

OPLookn
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I've soured on Baluga a bunch. I don't see any reson to pick him over Trent Williams.

I don't care if we pick Mickey Mouse for the #5 pick, so long as that d@mn mouse can start in the position he plays for the next 5-10 years and plays it well!

:lol:

buffman316
04-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I like Mickey Mouse's odds better than Baluga's!

yashi
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I love how everyone keeps calling him Baluga. It makes me picture him as a whale. :D

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM

I remember a few years back, ray lewis was complaining that the Ravens didn't have a true nose tackle. He was getting taken out of plays, because there was no space eater to occupy blockers.

they drafted Ngata not long after (I think that very draft) and Lewis' play resumed it's all-pro level.

I totally agree we need a nose tackle. If that's Dorsey, terrific. If it's Dan Williams, I hope we traded down.

If it's cody, god help us. They need to put in a city-wide restaurant ban on Cody, like they did with SHerron Collins in Lawrence. take out an ad in the newspaper asking restaurants not to overserve him.

Ryfo18
04-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I read that Bulaga's stock has been dropping big time...I don't think (at least I hope) that they don't take him at #5.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-22-2010, 02:31 PM
And taking a safety at 5 is better than taking an LB, how... McClain is a rediculous athlete which is why his stock rose.

I have heard multiple analysts say that McClain takes plays off. Whatever that's worth, it would certainly give me pause.

KCINNYC
04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
You just can't go wrong with Eric Berry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.

OPLookn
04-22-2010, 03:21 PM
You just can't go wrong with Eric Berry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.

I wonder if a pick has ever been read wrong. That or I'd love to see something like we pick Tim Tebow edit: just kidding we'd never take Tebow in a million years, our real pick is ...

Four hrs til the draft!!!
:yahoo:

Chief Tyler
04-22-2010, 03:44 PM
You just can't go wrong with Aaron Curry. How we DON"T draft him I just still don't see.

Fixed.

bigpoppachief
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Mount Fat### Cody

Coach
04-22-2010, 07:11 PM

The only 1st rd pick that would really set us back would be taking a QB. Shortly after that, would be RB.

This team is awful on defense and protecting the QB/run blocking. All the focus in the first 3 rounds needs to be on those positions.