Now that our defense got a lot more exciting,

Who do we get at 36?

Who do we get at 50?

:yahoo:

honda522
04-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Brandon Spikes.

Is that Tyson sacking TeBOO?

Your going to be seeing alot of that this year.

Ryfo18
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Maybe Sergio Kindle at 36? Arrelious Benn at 50?

Drunker Hillbilly
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Charlie Weis will be up all night trying to convince Pioli to draft Clausen.

northwest
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Brandon Spikes.

Is that Tyson sacking TeBOO?

Your going to be seeing alot of that this year.

ya it is, i really like that picture for some reason. hopefully jackson will become a stud this year and the picture will become even more appealing. :)

Drunker Hillbilly
04-22-2010, 11:23 PM
I would love Kindle at #36

figcrostic
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Now that our defense got a lot more exciting,

Who do we get at 36?

Who do we get at 50?

:yahoo:
Golden Tate would be nice

matthewschiefs
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Golden Tate would be nice

Yes i hope its tate that Charlie is going to be up all night trying to get. We dont need a qb.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Tate not going at #36. Too early IMO

texaschief
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
What about Taylor Mays at 36??

Could you imagine a secondary that boasts Mays, Berry, and Flowers?? wow...

Cody at 50?

tenacious
If Kindle is there, we take him. If not, then we go Tate.

kcchiefs29
What about a guy like Rodger Saffold at #36? It seems like we could use some help at RT, and I have heard he is pretty versatile.

I just really don't want to see Jimmy Clausen at #36. I would rather us take Colt McCoy than Clausen, but I really don't want to see a QB period.

Ryfo18
Chiefs may be able to take Kindle at 36 and trade up 5-10 spots to take Tate.

Please though, no Clausen.

jap1
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
My dream scenario:

36- Kindle

50- Tate

Round 3 - Cam Thomas

Who knows ... it could happen!

jap1
04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
What about Taylor Mays at 36??

Could you imagine a secondary that boasts Mays, Berry, and Flowers?? wow...

Cody at 50?

I like that secondary, but would rather take Cam Thomas than Cody.

jap1
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
What about a guy like Rodger Saffold at #36? It seems like we could use some help at RT, and I have heard he is pretty versatile.

I just really don't want to see Jimmy Clausen at #36. I would rather us take Colt McCoy than Clausen, but I really don't want to see a QB period.

Saffold will be available at our 2nd pick. If we wanted a RT with our 2a I would rather have Bruce Campbell. We could probably get someone like Ducasse (to play RT) in the 3rd ... if we get lucky.

jacko58
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
hear me out before screaming, i don't like clausen he reminds me of ryan leaf, with that weis knows both golden and clause better then any of us, i could see us taking clausen with 2a because cassels this year is make or brake after this season his salery cap is little so if he dosen't prove himself this year then we can unload him, clausen and brodie backing up cassel i like it, plus with 2b golden tate, both weis guys could happen itll be instant success to this offense, but jacko nt??? trade our third for haynesworth, redskins are shopping him hed take up alot of blockers in the middle then with dorsey and jackson thats a nice line. but just a idea we still need outside linebacker or inside linebacker, i love the lee guy hes gonna be good id be happy with him instead of clausen lol um then later in draft pick up lineman load em up. already a success like ive been preaching for three months berry, flowers, carr, and page, nice we got the backs covered bring in a nt and lbs will be good

kckidd8870
04-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Ya I was talking to my buddy about Flowers Mays, and Berry.That would be nice but don't think we will get Mays.Nice thought though.We need a good OLB

rodu
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
a NT would be nice

kckidd8870
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Don't worry guys I dont think we will waist a pick on Cluasen,When we have other pressing needs.Its just a feeling but I think we take Kindle 2a and 2b Golden Tate and in the #3 Cam Thomas.I guess we will see.GO CHIEFS

charlesIII
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
we need to either get kindle or terrence cody with our first pick of 2nd round

Diesel
04-23-2010, 12:59 AM
I want either Kindle or Tate at 36 and either Spikes or Cody at 50!

kcchiefs29
04-23-2010, 01:29 AM
This is what I would like to see happen:

#36 - Rodger Saffold OL (RT)
#50 - Sean Lee/Brandon Spikes ILB
#68 - Cam Thomas NT

As far as WR goes, I would be happy with any one of these four receivers based on availability and in no particular order of value:

Damian Williams USC
Jordan Shipley Texas
Mike Williams Syracuse
Mardy Gilyard Cincinnati

I think Damian Williams might even be worth trading up for, given the opportunity.

The ILB pick is based on two assumptions:
1. Andy Studebaker, with the mentoring of Mike Vrabel will step up to take over one OLB spot.
2. I would like to see Derrick Johnson, with the coaching of Romeo Crennel, given another shot at OLB along with Tamba Hali leaving a vacant ILB spot open for Lee/Spikes.

This would give us:
Johnson & Hali - LOLB
Belcher & Mays - LILB
Lee/Spikes & Williams - RILB
Studebaker & Vrabel - ROLB

Sn@keIze
04-23-2010, 02:59 AM
We have got to get this guy!!!!!!

National Football League: NFL Draft 2010 - Terrence Cody (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/terrence-cody?id=496768)

jason1981
04-23-2010, 03:16 AM
i would like to get S Mays then put him at LB

Sn@keIze
04-23-2010, 03:19 AM
i would like to get S Mays then put him at LB
But in a 3-4.

you need an anchor.

we dont have that anchor!

We need an NT.

We need this pick!

jacko58
04-23-2010, 03:21 AM
trade 3rd round pick for haynesworth its a risk but one id be willing to make

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 07:57 AM
he doesnt want to play in Redskins 3-4 and he doesnt want to play in ours. he wants to be in a 4-3
Cody is not a must. Would be nice add. Dont forget that we picked up Shaun Smith to relieve Edwards and think Lokey will train up this year. Next pick is Best on the Board.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
It's amazing to me that at least one of Cody, Tate, Kindle, Mays, or Saffold will be on the board when we pick. Any one of the four would immediately start for us.

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 08:18 AM
It's amazing to me that at least one of Cody, Tate, Kindle, Mays, or Saffold will be on the board when we pick. Any one of the four would immediately start for us.

Also suprised about Tate, Cody and Kindle.

Not sure any would step in to be starter.

Sure Mays and Saffold would not.

Not saying that they wouldnt contribute in games.
Cody Rotates behind Edwards
Mays Special teams and Dime
Tate Special teams and rotate 3rd and 4th reciever he would be the most likly to start
Kindle rotational till he has more exsperience
Saffold backup till he gets more exsperience

Do like the pick of Cody, Tate, or Kindell

DC_Chiefsfan
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
I still like Torrell Troup as our NT and we could probably pick him up in the 3rd. I'd like to see our 2a&b used on an OLB&WR in some combination. Kindle and Tate/Gilyard sound perfect to me.

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
As WR's go. I wouldn't mind us getting

Benn from Illinois or Price from Ohio

Coach
04-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Don't forget Bruce Campbell.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Don't forget Bruce Campbell.

Eh, everyone was pretty sure Campbell was going to drop out of the 1st if he got past the Raiders. His attitude is too bad, and his skills are very raw. Hell, his dropping to the 3rd would shock me that much.

Also suprised about Tate, Cody and Kindle.

Not sure any would step in to be starter.

Sure Mays and Saffold would not.

Not saying that they wouldnt contribute in games.
Cody Rotates behind Edwards
Mays Special teams and Dime
Tate Special teams and rotate 3rd and 4th reciever he would be the most likly to start
Kindle rotational till he has more exsperience
Saffold backup till he gets more exsperience

Do like the pick of Cody, Tate, or Kindell

Nah, Kindle would be our opening day OLB opposite Hali. Vrabel would be moved to backup.

Saffold would have an awfully good chance of being our opening day RT (or even LT).

Mays would start for us at SS over the likes of Morgan and Page. Berry is going to be our FS.

Shaun Smith would start over Edwards, who I think gets cut if we draft another NT. I could see Cody/Troup/Thomas/Joseph sitting a year behind Smith. I could also see them beating him out for the starting job.

And if we draft him, Tate is going to be our slot WR. There's no question about that.

OPLookn
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
There was a reporter on 810 AM this morning that said the reason Kindle dropped out of the 1st round is that he might have a micro-fracture in his knee. This is a VERY serious injury and possible career ending injury if the surgery isn't successful. Basically it means that in his knee there is bone rubbing against bone instead of cartilage.

Three scenario's here:
1) he doesn't require surgery and is an instant impact.
2) he require surgery and has to sit out a major portion if not all of 2010 and then is back for the next season.
3) he has the surgery and his career is never the same or is over.

Oh and pleeeeease NO Cody!

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:30 AM
There was a reporter on 810 AM this morning that said the reason Kindle dropped out of the 1st round is that he might have a micro-fracture in his knee. This is a VERY serious injury and possible career ending injury if the surgery isn't successful. Basically it means that in his knee there is bone rubbing against bone instead of cartilage.

Three scenario's here:
1) he doesn't require surgery and is an instant impact.
2) he require surgery and has to sit out a major portion if not all of 2010 and then is back for the next season.
3) he has the surgery and his career is never the same or is over.

Oh and pleeeeease NO Cody!

Interesting about Kindle. That was a well-kept secret.

And you're too down on Cody. He's about 349 lbs. now and had a very good pro day. He's going to be a two-down beast of a NT in the NFL.

Ryfo18
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Interesting about Kindle. That was a well-kept secret.

And you're too down on Cody. He's about 349 lbs. now and had a very good pro day. He's going to be a two-down beast of a NT in the NFL.

Yeah but it's interesting that he didn't lift at his pro day. I'm assuming it's because he was cutting weight so hard (most likely water weight).

texaschief
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
2a Mays
2b Cody
3 Spikes

that would make me VERY happy.

pbatrucker
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
The first part of round two, tonight, should be interesting.
Teams needing a QB will be trying to move up to get there man. Also teams that passed on NT's will be trying to get into position for those players.
IMO the Rams and Lions will stay put and pick OT's with there picks. Tampa will probably be looking at a WR.
The Chiefs will have a hard decision to make, weather to trade down or pick up the best player available. WR and LB, as well as OT has to be high on the list. I'm not certain we will draft NT this year, as there are 5 or 6 true NT's coming out next year. It should be interesting though.

OPLookn
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
2a Kindle
2b Cam Thomas/Troup
3 Brandon Spikes

After that I don't care if they draft tim tebow's doppleganger, I'm a happy man!

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
2a Mays
2b Cody
3 Spikes

that would make me VERY happy.

Why is everyone so high on Spikes? He ran an extremely slow 40 and doesn't look like a starter from where I sit.

EDIT: Mays and Cody in the 2nd would be a crazy round. Talk about boom-or-bust.

DynastyTalk
04-23-2010, 01:22 PM
no way its Kindle, as stated above, hes falling because of the possible need for Micro Fracture surgery, which would not possibly but DEFINATELY end his rookie season.

No thanks. Take OL and move on.

Diesel
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Why is everyone so high on Spikes? He ran an extremely slow 40 and doesn't look like a starter from where I sit.

EDIT: Mays and Cody in the 2nd would be a crazy round. Talk about boom-or-bust.

Because he's a football player! lol Are you serious? I watched him play in the SEC against great competition, guy is a real thumper and leader on defense. And the guy is instinctive, makes up for slower 40 times when you aren't misdiagnosing half the plays and taking false steps. We really could use a guy like him at ILB imo.

OPLookn
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
no way its Kindle, as stated above, hes falling because of the possible need for Micro Fracture surgery, which would not possibly but DEFINATELY end his rookie season.

No thanks. Take OL and move on.

And?!? We've got Vrabel for another year. Draft him, tell him to get the surgery and sit him for a year then bring him in for the 2011 season. We've got a stud OLB replacement for Vrabel and Vrabel if he's up for another year can be a mentor to Kindle.

Not to mention that's "if" he has to have the surgery. The only thing that's been said is a possible micro-fracture. Just like an ACL injury not all of them need surgery.

bbacker51
04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I like Kindle, unless they trade

jap1
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
And?!? We've got Vrabel for another year. Draft him, tell him to get the surgery and sit him for a year then bring him in for the 2011 season. We've got a stud OLB replacement for Vrabel and Vrabel if he's up for another year can be a mentor to Kindle.

Not to mention that's "if" he has to have the surgery. The only thing that's been said is a possible micro-fracture. Just like an ACL injury not all of them need surgery.

Just a little medical info to clear the air. First, not to nitpick, but 99% of ALL ACL tears require surgical repair in an athlete. The only time we (yes I am a resident in orthopedic surgery) dont replace a torn ACL is when they are not athletes and are fine with not being able to run hard/long distances.

2nd, microfracture is only brought up as an option when there are few other options. Usually we consider microfracture when there is little to no cartilage left. It is usually a last ditch option to give the athlete a FEW more years of playing time. That means even with the surgery, he isnt going to be playing at a high level for more than 7/8 years. Rarely does it work well enough to give someone more than 10 years of high level sports play. It scares me also that he has so much damage to his cartilage that the cartilage is mostly gone at such a young age.

If you draft someone who needs a microfracture, you are doing so with the understanding that you are getting a player that will probably not have a long career.

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 02:56 PM

And when Vrable gets hurt what do you do
Guess nobody likes Studebaker

I think Studebaker is our replacement for Vrable.

Just dont see Pioli taking that chance Thats more of a Cowboy move.

sammyboy909
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
forget about Kindle and hold off on Spikes, he will fall into the mid third possibly fourth.

If Tate falls to us I say we draft him and then trade with the fins up to #40 and pick up Cody. If Tate is gone take Cody and hope either Gronkowski or Duccasse/Charles Brown slips to 2b.

At that point we are sitting pretty and hopefully Koa Misi slides to us in the third. It would be perfect. Bring him in as a rookie for situational pass rush and groom him as Vrabel's replacement.

In the fourth I would consider any of Brandon Spikes, Donald Butler, or Pat Angerer a steal to adress ILB.

OPLookn
04-23-2010, 03:37 PM
Just a little medical info to clear the air. First, not to nitpick, but 99% of ALL ACL tears require surgical repair in an athlete. The only time we (yes I am a resident in orthopedic surgery) dont replace a torn ACL is when they are not athletes and are fine with not being able to run hard/long distances.

2nd, microfracture is only brought up as an option when there are few other options. Usually we consider microfracture when there is little to no cartilage left. It is usually a last ditch option to give the athlete a FEW more years of playing time. That means even with the surgery, he isnt going to be playing at a high level for more than 7/8 years. Rarely does it work well enough to give someone more than 10 years of high level sports play. It scares me also that he has so much damage to his cartilage that the cartilage is mostly gone at such a young age.

If you draft someone who needs a microfracture, you are doing so with the understanding that you are getting a player that will probably not have a long career.

Thanks for the info, didn't know that and very interesting stuff! With that in mind yeah..don't want Kindle. Someone long term would be best of course. I've been hearing Donald Butler's (ILB) tossed around a lot for a possible pick tonight. Any thoughts?