PDA

View Full Version : Round 2=Terrance Cody

Sn@keIze
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
National Football League: NFL Draft 2010 - Terrence Cody (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/profiles/terrence-cody?id=496768)

we have GOT to get this guy!

A big fat strong NT!

Haley, if you are reading this, you are an offensive douche who doesn't understand there are 3 aspects of the games.i dont expect you to understand.

Pioli, Crennell, Weiss, do everything in your power to get this guy!

rodu
04-23-2010, 07:48 AM
Aren't there better NTs out there still, from what I have heard this guy is nothing but a fat slob

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Aren't there better NTs out there still, from what I have heard this guy is nothing but a fat slob

Not on most boards. He is Fat but most NT are. He is a powerhouse and very athletic. The other options would be Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph, or Troup. I hear that Crenell is very high on Troup.
But not sure we will chase a NT. We picked up Shaun Smith and I think Lokey will be trained up. They may be our 3. You need 3 to rotate those big boys get tired LOL. But if we got any of these 4 with an appropriat pick, I would be happy

Coach
04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
===== QUOTE rodu ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Not on most boards. He is Fat but most NT are. He is a powerhouse and very athletic. The other options would be Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph, or Troup. I hear that Crenell is very high on Troup.
But not sure we will chase a NT. We picked up Shaun Smith and I think Lokey will be trained up. They may be our 3. You need 3 to rotate those big boys get tired LOL. But if we got any of these 4 with an appropriat pick, I would be happy

I'd like the NT that has the most upside, I feel like we have servicable NT's as is.

OPLookn
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Terrance Cody = NO!!!

The Chiefs organization just spent this last year preaching leaner, stronger, faster and you want a guy that can't control his weight? Not to mention the reason he didn't work out at the combine was because he was fat and out of shape! Do you really want a guy that isn't ready for something that would influence the rest of his life but think it'll be different for when he plays?? We'd constantly have to be on him about his weight.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Terrance Cody = NO!!!

The Chiefs organization just spent this last year preaching leaner, stronger, faster and you want a guy that can't control his weight? Not to mention the reason he didn't work out at the combine was because he was fat and out of shape! Do you really want a guy that isn't ready for something that would influence the rest of his life but think it'll be different for when he plays?? We'd constantly have to be on him about his weight.

Cody is down to 349 lbs. (Terrence Cody, Alabama, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632199?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)).

He's big, but not that fat. And I trust our staff to sweat the extra pounds off. Look what they did to Albert last offseason.

He's be a great pick at 2a.

hometeam
04-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Cody is a big chunk of meat. I like Cam Thomas over him. Cody has proven over his years in college that he cant stay in shape, its only going to get worse.

charlesIII
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Terrence Cody is the man we need to get hes the only rue 2 gap nt in the draft and he would just take 2 man every time and make Tyson Jackson and Dorsey so much better and how can u say this guy is a scrub when he was the center piece of Alabamas championship winning d-fence he also was athletic enough to block 2 fgs and play fb he is the guy that we need to take if we want to succeed

bkloo
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
torrell troup is just as good. go to youtube and check out highlights

Ryfo18
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Sergio Kindle if he's there. Cody has bust written all over him. Sure, he could be a great NT, but I'd rather let another team take a chance on him.

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 11:43 AM
I am back and forth on Cody. yes he can be said to be fat but is he in shape. Or can haley get him in shape. If hes in shape or can be trained and get in shape I think that we should grab him. But I just dont think that hes going to be a real good player.

lucky_lefty
04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
So You Guys Still Want Cody??? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13249)

"He's a big, fat blob," an NFC personnel man said. "He's a big media creation. If you want a guy to play 10 plays a game and make maybe one play in those 10, then that's your guy. He can't move. He just stands there. He cannot move at all."

Just how slow is Cody's 5.66-second clocking in the 40-yard dash? You can't find a slower drafted defensive tackle in the last 20 years. The closest were Corey Swinson (seventh round, 1995) at 5.62, and Tim Roberts (fifth round, 1992) and Ron Brace (second round, 2009) at 5.51."

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
So You Guys Still Want Cody??? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13249)

What's your souce for this?

lucky_lefty
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
What's your souce for this?
the source is in the link...

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
the source is in the link...

Just saw it. You're quoting the article out of context.

Will Alabama's Cody be a mountain of a bust? - JSOnline (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/91440029.html)

That quote was made before Cody lost all the weight.

Here are some other quotes from the article:

"I don't know why he wouldn't (succeed), unless injury," said Mark Dominik, general manager of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "You can get bodies on him, but you're just not going to be able to move him."

"When the game ended, honest to God, there was a receiving line for Mt. Cody made up of the Chattanooga football team," said Savage, the former Cleveland Browns general manager now consulting for the Philadelphia Eagles. "I swear, the line was 15 or 20 deep. They waited in line to shake hands and chest bump with this guy, who is literally a larger than life figure."

Last spring, Cody scaled 373 pounds. He still was too big (370) at the Senior Bowl in late January. But he was down to 354 at the combine a month later, then to 349 on March 10 at pro day.

"The good thing is he has got his life together and is losing weight," said A.J. Smith, general manager of the San Diego Chargers. "Talent? Immense. The only thing he has to worry about is eating himself out of the league."

Diesel
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm sure they are fearful that Cody wouldn't even survive the first camp under Haley lol. I actually think there is a better chance we go with someone like Troup or a Joseph or an even later round prospect just to throw a body into the mix like the Georgia and LSU kids Weston and Woods for example.

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM
2a Playmaker
2b Joseph, Troup and dont for get Cam Thomas

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm guessing - just purely guessing - that it will be Golden Tate and Linval Joseph.