PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
i was reading an article on kcchiefs.com and in the comments there were a ton of people who were anti-berry, pro-OT before the selection of berry

now they are all ranting and raving about how we should pick up mays and how it will improve our whole D...i just cant see this happening...not with cody, kindle, and tate available...i do not think pioli is considering it either

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 12:58 PM
i was reading an article on kcchiefs.com and in the comments there were a ton of people who were anti-berry, pro-OT before the selection of berry

now they are all ranting and raving about how we should pick up mays and how it will improve our whole D...i just cant see this happening...not with cody, kindle, and tate available...i do not think pioli is considering it either

Well, I wanted Okung, not Berry. Now, I'm open to drafting Mays at 2a. Why?

First, we still have no SS. Berry is a FS, and we'd be idiots to play him out of position.

Second, Pioli really and truly seems to believe that Albert is a legit LT, which means we aren't drafting OT too high.

Third, a good NT should be available at 2b. Either Thomas, Cody, or Joseph should drop.

Fourth, just the idea of Berry/Mays at safety makes me grin at the insanity of it. That would a be a freakishly athletic safety duo that would be immensely fun to watch.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Well, I wanted Okung, not Berry. Now, I'm open to drafting Mays at 2a. Why?

First, we still have no SS. Berry is a FS, and we'd be idiots to play him out of position.

Second, Pioli really and truly seems to believe that Albert is a legit LT, which means we aren't drafting OT too high.

Third, a good NT should be available at 2b. Either Thomas, Cody, or Joseph should drop.

Fourth, just the idea of Berry/Mays at safety makes me grin at the insanity of it. That would a be a freakishly athletic safety duo that would be immensely fun to watch.

i truly believe that the chiefs plan on moving page to SS...he has the exact build you would want out of that position

if we want to go SS, i would wait until 3 and try to take darrell stuckey

i was almost positive we werent going OT...days ago pioli sternly said "albert is our LT"

im pulling for torrell troup at 2b...i dont really want cody

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I dont want anther safety in todays picks. We cant fill a defense of all safetys and like I have said I think there are much bigger needs.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
No more safety's. Was just listening to ESPN Radio and Eric Casilius (sp) was talking about every person in the complex he talked to was down on Okung

Ryfo18
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
i truly believe that the chiefs plan on moving page to SS...he has the exact build you would want out of that position

i was almost positive we werent going OT...days ago pioli sternly said "albert is our LT"

Berry played SS in college though, why would they move him to FS?

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Berry is a complete safety. He is big enough at 211 lbs for run support, but has freakish range to play free safety.

Page is a less-talented version of berry. he has ball skills, speed, and size for hitting power. He just isn't as good. We should play them together, and Page as the #2 safety is a fantastic situation. I love the idea of mays as well, but we just don't need hiim.

With Dan Williams dropping so far, it really allows us to wait on the nose tackle.

personally, I think we should be looking at OL, NT, WR, and ILB over the next three picks.

Maybe we can trade back from #36 and pick up another third rounder. then we could go with Tate and a NT in the 2nd, then pick up Veldheer and Spikes in the third. Of course, trading back is contingent on a team going after kindle, clausen, or mccoy.

Fansincebirth
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM

Never agreed with you more. Cody may be top man on our board at 2a im ok with it then but like you we can get one deeper. My sleeper is Linval Joseph Monster just waiting for a little technic coaching.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Berry played SS in college though, why would they move him to FS?

He only played SS his senior year. While he was good at it, I would want someone with his athleticism ballhawking, knocking around WRs, and supporting our CBs in coverage. Not getting injured (at most elite SS do - see Sanders, Bob and Polamulu, Troy) by playing the run in the box.

I mean, I think #5 was awfully high for a free safety for precisely this reason. But it would be crazy to waste Berry's coverage skills and athleticism in SS position, especially if he gets injured and there's $11M sitting on the bench.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
He only played SS his senior year. While he was good at it, I would want someone with his athleticism ballhawking, knocking around WRs, and supporting our CBs in coverage. Not getting injured (at most elite SS do - see Sanders, Bob and Polamulu, Troy) by playing the run in the box.

I mean, I think #5 was awfully high for a free safety for precisely this reason. But it would be crazy to waste Berry's coverage skills and athleticism in SS position, especially if he gets injured and there's $11M sitting on the bench.

agreed...berry played FS his freshman and softmore year...hes a true ballhawk...it would be a waste of his talents not to put him in center field and let him make game-changing plays

Seek
04-23-2010, 05:20 PM
First off, if is still only the first round. There is still viable options at Left Tackle that could replace Albert.

The fact of the matter is that the Chiefs though Berry was someone they could not pass on. Don't read any further into Albert, or any current postion on this team.

With Claussen still available, they may even shock us all and say, His availability was too much to pass on. Who knows.

Second, I am still not a fan of drafting a safety with the 5th. We did, okay lets move on. Can't change the fact. They can still draft players that make this whole argument moot, but it won't be easy.

Seek
04-23-2010, 05:27 PM

I truly believe that page is so fragile of a safety and is often hurt (but plays hurt) that moving him to SS, is bigger opportunity to hurt Page. He is a decent tackler but does not wrap and drive through the tackle like SS often requires. Instead he wraps up and does not let go until the tackle is made.

I am not in favor of using both our 1st and 2nd taking a safety but I would like us to look at a SS for depth or possible starting.

bbacker51
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Trying to save face with the media:maid: :plus1:

bbacker51
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Berry at cb?:densux:

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM

Yeah well, although I am a member over there, I rarely visit or read their forums, they are too negative and pessimistic over there for my more optimistic Chiefs personality I suppose. I'd just get irritated and drawn into a heated debate if in the wrong frame of mind, hahaha.

My Chief related title is 'fan' with an occasional role of the 12th man (woman). I'm not a pro GM, coach, scout, nor fill any other pro position. I do my job as a fan, leave the pro jobs up to the pro's who have the knowledge, experience, and skills I don't.

As a fan it appears to me the Chiefs pro staff are doing their jobs well this off season. As far as being critical as a fan...I'll save it for when there is justified & legitimate reason for such, once the 2010 regular season is underway. Just sayin, haha.

Shoot, I have enough negativity in 'real life' to contend with, sure don't need to create more for myself related to something that hasn't happened yet with my beloved KC Chiefs, lol.