PDA

View Full Version : we got our desean jackson

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
or percy harvin in dexter mccluster

many of you may be upset with this one, but i actually like it...big time playmaker to use in the slot and wildcat...KR/PR

i have a feeling this guy will be very good

jacko58
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
hmm dante hall in his youth me likey

KCchiefs2369
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
i dont like it..we have too many other needs to be drafting a potential playmaker. we need a solid inside linebacker or nose tackle

jap1
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
or percy harvin in dexter mccluster

many of you may be upset with this one, but i actually like it...big time playmaker to use in the slot and wildcat...KR/PR

i have a feeling this guy will be very good

I thought he would be there in the third round, though.

That and he is the same guy as Jamaal Charles in many ways.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
That and he is the same guy as Jamaal Charles in many ways.

and thats a bad thing?

jap1
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
and thats a bad thing?

Bad when you have other needs. We still need a NT, ILB, and some depth/improvement on OL.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I think it was a great choice going with Dexter McCluster. I can see him being a big playmaker.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Bad when you have other needs. We still need a NT, ILB, and some depth/improvement on OL.

according to this draft so far...the chiefs might think shaun smith is their guy at NT

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
He can be moved into the slot too though.

honda522
04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Definatley not unhappy about this pick :)

loyalchief91
04-23-2010, 07:46 PM
More playmakers! We should be happy not complaining!

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Just a thought, but we as fans don't know the discussions and plans taking place behind closed doors with Pioli, Haley, and the entire Chiefs staff with putting together a Super Bowl contending team. They are paid to do a job, and so far it appears to me they are doing it well, and all they can to be successful at their jobs.

There could be future trades being discussed behind closed doors to fulfill the holes many are complaining exist. If we notice those holes, you can bet the guys paid to notice...notice. We have several months before regular season begins...and I have faith in Pioli & the Chiefs staff to do what they feel is necessary to win this coming season.

I for one am not going to pre-maturely judge and complain. 2009 is over, we're preparing for 2010...and there is nothing yet to judge or complain about relating to the 2010 season, hahaha. Just my point of view, sorry. :)

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 08:49 PM
More playmakers! We should be happy not complaining!
:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
If we notice those holes, you can bet the guys paid to notice...notice.

If not for witnessing Herm Edwards, just to name someone you are all familiar with, I might agree. But I have seen far too many teams that fail to recognize the problems with their own teams.

slc chief
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
i look at him as a wes welker type receiver he will be converted to a wr good pick

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
i look at him as a wes welker type receiver he will be converted to a wr good pick
I can't help thinking that too.

slc chief
04-23-2010, 09:10 PM
but faster than welker

g8rb8t
04-23-2010, 09:14 PM
He's no Percy. But He is absolutely scary with the ball. Play him in the slot, off motion hand off, KR. Hes just flat scary.

tenacious
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I am honestly very pleased with Javier Arenas. I love Flowers too, but I could see Javier being our #1 corner in a few seasons.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I am honestly very pleased with Javier Arenas. I love Flowers too, but I could see Javier being our #1 corner in a few seasons.
I still think Flowers is our #1 but I really do believe Arenas can be the #2 instead of Carr.

Seek
04-23-2010, 09:20 PM
I hate this pick. What is wrong with drafting a WR to play WR.

like someone else said he is like J. Charles. What is wrong with that someone else said. Charles is still on the team. Don't need 2 of him.

I like the pick if we are a play off team looking for an added edge, but not for a 4-12 team. Fighting to win games.

He sounds like a real DA too.

Seek
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I still think Flowers is our #1 but I really do believe Arenas can be the #2 instead of Carr.

They may be thinking about moving Carr to SS. He is built for it and a good tackler.

I liked the Arenas pick, specially for the KR/PR being his name to fame. Doesn't hurt that he likes to pick off Timmie Tebow either.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM

like someone else said he is like J. Charles. What is wrong with that someone else said. Charles is still on the team. Don't need 2 of him.

I like the pick if we are a play off team looking for an added edge, but not for a 4-12 team. Fighting to win games.

You mean he won't be playing NT, OG, OT, ILB, OLB, SS or any other of our various needs? But, but . . . HE'S A PLAYMAKER!

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
They may be thinking about moving Carr to SS. He is built for it and a good tackler.

I liked the Arenas pick, specially for the KR/PR being his name to fame. Doesn't hurt that he likes to pick off Timmie Tebow either.
Berry & Carr sounds like an alright matchup.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
If not for witnessing Herm Edwards, just to name someone you are all familiar with, I might agree. But I have seen far too many teams that fail to recognize the problems with their own teams.

Yes, and here comes the BUT, haha...but, Herm Edwards is no longer a part of the Chiefs staff, and the pro staff we have now assembled to my knowledge, does not have a history of 'failure'.

I simply choose not to look back at past Chiefs failures unrelated, and give our 2010 Chiefs staff & team a chance. I've had enough negative & disappointing Chiefs seasons, and it makes no sense IMO to turn 2010 into another before it even begins. Especially considering all I see right now are positive things happeneing in the off season, and the off season still has a ways to go for more positive changes to occur. :D

:yahoo: :chiefs:

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Yes, and here comes the BUT, haha...but, Herm Edwards is no longer a part of the Chiefs staff, and the pro staff we have now assembled to my knowledge, does not have a history of 'failure'.

See Notre Dame and Cleveland for two examples.

What a terrible draft.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM

What a terrible draft.

With my optimistic mindset looking towards 2010, nothing will persuade me to change my mind, & I'll just come back with another BUT, lol. :D

IE: BUT...Notre Dame and Cleveland aren't examples at all, because in reality the same team of pros assembled voicing opinons and making the draft decisions for Notre Dame and Cleveland...are not one in the same with the team now assembled making the Chiefs draft decisions, or any other decisions for that matter. See, told ya.
:lol:

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I hope that he turns out to be a great pick. If we do use him at WR I think that he could be a great help. Some compare him to Wes Welker if he can even come close to that then this will be a good pick.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
IE: BUT...Notre Dame and Cleveland aren't examples at all, because in reality the same team of pros assembled voicing opinons and making the draft decisions for Notre Dame and Cleveland...are not one in the same with the team now assembled making the Chiefs draft decisions, or any other decisions for that matter. See, told ya.

I'm sure those words made sense to you when you wrote it, but they don't make any sense on paper.

And Notre Dame is a university. They don't make draft decisions. They recruit based on talent. Charlie Weis recruited terribly because he isn't 'that good in determining talent.

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm sure those words made sense to you when you wrote it, but they don't make any sense on paper.

And Notre Dame is a university. They don't make draft decisions. They recruit based on talent. Charlie Weis recruited terribly because he isn't 'that good in determining talent.

Charlie I would say is decent at looking at talent on the offensive side of the ball. He was just not a good HEAD coach. Hes made for offense and thats were he should stay. He nos how to put points on the scoreboard and I think he nos who can do it. Just keep him away from my defense.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM

What a terrible draft.

DUH! See your post above highlighted, haha. I thought maybe you were the one confused, but was being considerate with not pointing out that universities don't draft.

I may not follow NCAA closely, but I'm aware Notre Dame is a University and they don't draft, lol.

I've visited the Notre Dame campus, in honor of Joe Montana. In fact, I have fond memories of visiting Notre Dame, including twisting my ankle when I stepped on a pinecone & fell on my butt. Right after I did, my Chiefs buddy from Germany who was visiting Notre Dame with me, a huge Montana fan...did the same thing. I laughed at him, just as he laughed at me, and I brought the culprit pinecone's home as a momento's, lol. :D

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh, and bwilliams, as far as my post words not making sense...my point is Pioli, Haley, & other minds now assembled to make decisions in unity for the future of the Chiefs...are not the exact team of minds assembled that were for Notre Dame and Cleveland.

Just because one of those minds was involved in a past failure of another team, doesn't constitute failure with a different group of assembled minds now with the Chiefs team.

Does that make sense? lol :)

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:46 PM
DUH! See your post above highlighted, haha. I thought maybe you were the one confused, but was being considerate with not pointing out that universities don't draft.

I may not follow NCAA closely, but I'm aware Notre Dame is a University and they don't draft, lol.

I've visited the Notre Dame campus, in honor of Joe Montana. In fact, I have fond memories of visiting Notre Dame, including twisting my ankle when I stepped on a pinecone & fell on my butt. Right after I did, my Chiefs buddy from Germany who was visiting Notre Dame with me, a huge Montana fan...did the same thing. I laughed at him, just as he laughed at me, and I brought the culprit pinecone's home as a momento's, lol. :D

You didn't ask about pro teams. You said our current staff doesn't have a history of failure. Weis definitely does.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh, and bwilliams, as far as my post words not making sense...my point is Pioli, Haley, & other minds now assembled to make decisions in unity for the future of the Chiefs...are not the exact team of minds assembled that were for Notre Dame and Cleveland.

Just because one of those minds was involved in a past failure of another team, doesn't constitute failure with a different group of assembled minds now with the Chiefs team.

Does that make sense? lol :)

If the current assembles group doesn;t have a history of failure, neither do they have a history of success. Let's judge them just on this draft.

Yeah. The judgment isn't good.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 10:52 PM
If the current assembles group doesn;t have a history of failure, neither do they have a history of success. Let's judge them just on this draft.

well when you have a few superbowl rings then people will take you seriously

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
well when you have a few superbowl rings then people will take you seriously

If I could go back in time and ride Bill Belichek's coattails, I would.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
You didn't ask about pro teams. You said our current staff doesn't have a history of failure. Weis definitely does.

Are you just trying to irritate me? If so, won't work, hahaha.
:mooning:

In all fairness & realistically, there is no "isn't good" draft judgement to be made as of yet. You can't judge the 2010 draft as being "isn't good" until we see how the season goes in 2010...there is no regular season performance history or evidence to judge.

Think of it like a jury trial, all the evidence isn't in as of yet, therefore you aren't able to reach a fair & just verdict and impose final judgement.

Actually, with your pre-judging tendencies...you should be dismissed as a juror! hahahaha :D

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
If I could go back in time and ride Bill Belichek's coattails, I would.
..............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... ...

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
..............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... ...

It may not be a nice thing to say, but it's an accurate thing to say.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
In all fairness & realistically, there is no "isn't good" draft judgement to be made as of yet. You can't judge the 2010 draft as being "isn't good" until we see how the season goes in 2010...there is no regular season performance history or evidence to judge.

Think of it like a jury trial, all the evidence isn't in as of yet, therefore you aren't able to reach a fair & just verdict and impose final judgement.

Actually, with your pre-judging tendencies...you should be dismissed as a juror! hahahaha :D

You mean saying this is a good draft isn't prejudging?

Fine. I'll stop saying this draft was terrible if everyone else stops saying its good. We'll meet back here in a few years to see how many of our top five picks are in the NFL.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
It may not be a nice thing to say, but it's an accurate thing to say.

so how many super bowls has belichik won without crennel and weis?

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:22 PM
so how many super bowls has belichik won without crennel and weis?

None. He went to another one, won several division titles, and is a perennial championship contender.

How have Pioli, Weis, and Crennel done? As well?

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 11:27 PM
You mean saying this is a good draft isn't prejudging?

Fine. I'll stop saying this draft was terrible if everyone else stops saying its good. We'll meet back here in a few years to see how many of our top five picks are in the NFL.

I knew that's what you would come back with, hahaha. It is a valid & fair point. :D

Here come's the 'but'...BUT, my Chiefs positive mind theory is...be happy until there is something to not be happy about. All indicator's as of now, as well as many so called professional analyst opinions are...that the Chiefs draft thus far has indeed been a good one, based upon the draftee's proven history in the NCAA, and anticipated future perfromance in the NFL.

I've had more than my share of 'unhappy' Chiefs seasons, as all we Chiefs fans have had. I refuse to be unhappy, or judge negatively, until I've actually witnessed failure. I'm going to enjoy my current happy visions, and trust my intuition of this being a successful draft and season. The draft has been successful with choosing Eric Berry alone, as I hoped for no more from the draft than Berry...therefore, the draft for me was indeed successful.

Confused yet?

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM

I knew that's what you would come back with, hahaha. It is a valid & fair point. :D

Here come's the 'but'...BUT, my Chiefs positive mind theory is...be happy until there is something to not be happy about. All indicator's as of now, as well as many so called professional analyst opinions are...that the Chiefs draft thus far has indeed been a good one, based upon the draftee's proven history in the NCAA, and anticipated future perfromance in the NFL.

I've had more than my share of 'unhappy' Chiefs seasons, as all we Chiefs fans have had. I refuse to be unhappy, or judge negatively, until I've actually witnessed failure. I'm going to enjoy my current happy visions, and trust my intuition of this being a successful draft and season. The draft has been successful with choosing Eric Berry alone, as I hoped for no more from the draft than Berry...therefore, the draft for me was indeed successful.

Confused yet?

Be optimisitc. Don't let me stop you.

But I'm not going to pretend like I think this has been a good couple days.

The Chiefs finished 6-30 over the past two seasons. That's primarily because we're near the bottom of the league in sacks taken, sacks made, and rush defense.

We had several opportunities to fix these problems with five picks in the first three rounds. We didn't do it. I don't see any reason why we won't go 4-12 next year. I see nothing to be optimistic about.

whatwasthat?
04-23-2010, 11:32 PM
None. He went to another one, won several division titles, and is a perennial championship contender.

How have Pioli, Weis, and Crennel done? As well?

now i get it...everything has come together

you are jason whitlock arent you?

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM

If I were Jason Whitlock, I'd be at the most expensive buffet in town right now. Unfortunately, I'm not.

Nice try to avoid the point though.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Be optimisitc. Don't let me stop you.

But I'm not going to pretend like I think this has been a good couple days.

The Chiefs finished 6-30 over the past two seasons. That's primarily because we're near the bottom of the league in sacks taken, sacks made, and rush defense.

We had several opportunities to fix these problems with five picks in the first three rounds. We didn't do it. I don't see any reason why we won't go 4-12 next year. I see nothing to be optimistic about.

You won't stop my optimism, that's impossible. You're talking to a loyal & diehard Chiefs fan of 40 years, of whom with exception of the Herm Edwards era, has believed in her heart that each new season would be the one of which the Lombardi returned to Arrowhead.

I'm blindly in love with my Chiefs, at times possibly even foolishly in love...but I can promise you this, that the Chiefs are worthy of my heart. You see, regardless of the unhappiness at times the Chiefs have left in my heart at the end of a losing season...they have filled my heart with 40 years of priceless happy memories, of which I'm forever blessed and grateful for.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I were Jason Whitlock, I'd be at the most expensive buffet in town right now. Unfortunately, I'm not.

Nice try to avoid the point though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....are we having fun yet this Friday night or what?!!!

:jump1:

bigpoppachief
04-24-2010, 12:31 AM
according to this draft so far...the chiefs might think shaun smith is their guy at NT

I have always been high on this guy as a 3-4 NT. You cna go find older posts from last season when I was talking abhout bringing him in. Now he is back with Crennel I think he can truly do what he needs to do for our team. I hope I can be right ! :D

whatwasthat?
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
I have always been high on this guy as a 3-4 NT. You cna go find older posts from last season when I was talking abhout bringing him in. Now he is back with Crennel I think he can truly do what he needs to do for our team. I hope I can be right ! :D

i certainly hope you are right too

Hayvern
04-24-2010, 01:04 AM

This guy isn't as big as Charles, and I don't think he is as fast, certainly his Combine numbers don't show it. He also has had a knock for FUMBLING the ball!! Didn't we already have a guy like this last year? What was the name of that guy... oh yeah Savage.. He didn't last long did he?

Oh, yeah, and this guy is about as big as Savage too. I really am very unhappy with this pick, give it an "F" for FAIL!

whatwasthat?
04-24-2010, 01:46 AM
This guy isn't as big as Charles, and I don't think he is as fast, certainly his Combine numbers don't show it. He also has had a knock for FUMBLING the ball!! Didn't we already have a guy like this last year? What was the name of that guy... oh yeah Savage.. He didn't last long did he?

Oh, yeah, and this guy is about as big as Savage too. I really am very unhappy with this pick, give it an "F" for FAIL!

really? so were making stuff up now?

zero fumbles in 4 years is pretty good to me

Dexter McCluster Stats, News, Photos - Mississippi Rebels - NCAA College Football - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191216)

Hayvern
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM

Dexter McCluster Stats, News, Photos - Mississippi Rebels - NCAA College Football - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191216)

I am not making anything up. Just passing on what the scouts were saying about him. He has a potential problem with ball control. Look it up.

whatwasthat?
04-24-2010, 01:52 AM
I am not making anything up. Just passing on what the scouts were saying about him. He has a potential problem with ball control. Look it up.

i dont need to look up what scouts say...the evidence is right there...not only did he not lose any fumbles...he downright DIDNT fumble

Hayvern
04-24-2010, 01:53 AM
i dont need to look up what scouts say...the evidence is right there...not only did he not lose any fumbles...he downright DIDNT fumble

Cool, then you convinced me, he is the second coming of Christ!!

whatwasthat?
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM

for all you know he could be :meow:

Ryfo18
04-24-2010, 03:26 AM

Actually, I think Tebow is the second coming of Christ...it's just too bad the Chiefs will be the ones to crucify him. :feedback::feedback::feedback:

Connie Jo
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Actually, I think Tebow is the second coming of Christ...it's just too bad the Chiefs will be the ones to crucify him. :feedback::feedback::feedback:

Here's your feedback:

YEEHAW! The Chiefs are back in 2010!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/04/90.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/04/116.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/04/117.jpg

bwilliams
04-24-2010, 05:57 PM

He didn't fumble as a RB. He did several times as a WR and KR (ya know, where we're playing him). I remember him doing so at least in the Alabama and Mississippi State games.

chief31
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM

Rivals.com College Football - McCluster moves on after fumble (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=853778)

YouTube- Emmanuel Cook return of a D. McCluster fumble

I don't know anything about his fumbling. But here is some evidence that counters what ESPN has listed.

bwilliams
04-24-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't know anything about his fumbling. But here is some evidence that counters what ESPN has listed.

ESPN is correct. McCluster didn't fumble as a RB. His fumbles (and they were many) were as a WR and KR/PR.

Bike
04-25-2010, 12:29 AM
we got our desean jackson

I wish instead we would had gotten our Vince Wilfork.