PDA

View Full Version : Is Brian Waters Trade Bait Now

jap1
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM
With us getting Jon Asamoah in the 3rd, is BW trade bait?

Maybe package him with one of our 5th round picks to get back in the 3rd and get a NT or OLB?

Thoughts?

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
I'd imagine that he is. But I wouldn't want to see him go at all!

Seek
04-23-2010, 09:29 PM
He might be retirement bait. He has decreased every year since Roaf left. Last year he was the most penalized Guard in the NFL for holding. Clearly a sign that has lost a step and needs to hold to prevent a death at Qb.

For the record I love this pick.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I've somewhat always suspected Brian Water's 'might' be trade bait, respectively speaking. :)

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
He might be retirement bait. He has decreased every year since Roaf left. Last year he was the most penalized Guard in the NFL for holding. Clearly a sign that has lost a step and needs to hold to prevent a death at Qb.

For the record I love this pick.
I'd rather see him retire this year, in a Chiefs jersey, than traded, have a few years left, and not retire as a chief.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
It's more that Ryan Lilja is not a starting caliber RG. He's too injured and too small.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
It's more that Ryan Lilja is not a starting caliber RG. He's too injured and too small.
I think ryan lilja is here to stay and play for a while.

Seek
04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I'd rather see him retire this year, in a Chiefs jersey, than traded, have a few years left, and not retire as a chief.

Give Asomoah a year to adjust to the NFL, and Brian can go peacefully next year.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
I think ryan lilja is here to stay and play for a while.

So did the Colts. They were willing to let Lilja go and sign Andy Allerman. What does that tell you?

HINT: Lilja is a backup at best, not a starter.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:36 PM
So did the Colts. They were willing to let Lilja go and sign Andy Allerman. What does that tell you?

He'd been with the colts for years and years, they obviously thought he was worth having.

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't see us getting to much for him. Maybe we use him to get into the later 2 rounds since we dont have a pick in the 6th or 7th round.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:40 PM

I think he will retire as a Chief, regardless of whether or not they trade him and he's with another team when deciding to retire. :)

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
I don't see us getting to much for him. Maybe we use him to get into the later 2 rounds since we dont have a pick in the 6th or 7th round.i think they could get a 5th for him. (LOL then they'd have 4 5th round picks :D) Although I still font want to see him go.

chief31
04-23-2010, 09:42 PM

... even on a team that demanded so little from an OG.

Lilja worries me alot. THIS is our o-line upgrade?

Maybe he is a real talent, and has been hiding it for years. But he has definitely been hiding it, if that's the case.

I liked Goff last year, and that didn't work out. So anything is possible.

Seek
He'd been with the colts for years and years, they obviously thought he was worth having.

They also re-signed him to a pretty large contract just two years ago, and even left him on the roster long enough this year that they had to pay him a 2.5 roster bonus just before they cut him. The Colts claimed he was hurt and cut ways, Lilja's agent said they were looking for a bigger guy.

I don't buy it that he is a back up and even if so, a back up is better than what we had.

AussieChiefsFan
I think he will retire as a Chief, regardless of whether or not they trade him and he's with another team when deciding to retire. :)
I agree, I can't really see him not retiring as a chief.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:43 PM
They also re-signed him to a pretty large contract just two years ago, and even left him on the roster long enough this year that they had to pay him a 2.5 roster bonus just before they cut him. The Colts claimed he was hurt and cut ways, Lilja's agent said they were looking for a bigger guy.

I don't buy it that he is a back up and even if so, a back up is better than what we had.
:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree, I can't really see him not retiring as a chief.

Oh, & by the way, I think Lilja is one of the players I got an autograph from on your 'hi' Aussie paper last night. I heard Kelly welcome him to the Chiefs team, and Kelly say later he thought he would be more of a back up player than starter for the Chiefs. :D

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
... even on a team that demanded so little from an OG.

Lilja worries me alot. THIS is our o-line upgrade?

Maybe he is a real talent, and has been hiding it for years. But he has definitely been hiding it, if that's the case.

I liked Goff last year, and that didn't work out. So anything is possible.

Put Lilja on turf with a HOF quarterback and he's a serviceable, cheap RG. Put him on grass with a borderline QB and he's a disaster waiting to happen.

I love the Asomoah pick, just so Lilja won't have the opportunity to get our QB killed.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh, & by the way, I think Lilja is one of the players I got an autograph from on your 'hi' Aussie paper last night. I heard Kelly welcome him to the Chiefs team, and Kelly say later he thought he would be more of a back up player than starter for the Chiefs. :D
Awesome. :yahoo: :punk:

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Put Lilja on turf with a HOF quarterback and he's a serviceable, cheap RG. Put him on grass with a borderline QB and he's a disaster waiting to happen.

I love the Asomoah pick, just so Lilja won't have the opportunity to get our QB killed.
I think they'll be some competition between the two guys.

matthewschiefs
04-23-2010, 09:53 PM

Lilja I would think would start the season or pre season at least. If he does not show that he can get the job done out there we no that Haley has no problem moveing him down the depth chart. Asomoah is a pick i am happy with. We can always use O line help.

jap1
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM
We also have Colin Brown, and I have heard real good things about him.

Connie Jo
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Awesome. :yahoo: :punk:

That is affirmative Team Captain Aussie Sir! I just went and looked, and Ryan Lilja did indeed autograph your 'hi' Aussie paper!
:punk:

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
That is affirmative Team Captain Aussie Sir! I just went and looked, and Ryan Lilja did indeed autograph your 'hi' Aussie paper!
:punk:
:yahoo:

Ryfo18
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm not sold on Lilja either. The Colts obviously cut him for a reason. A player is typically only cut b/c of conflicts of interest or an inability to perform. I'm guessing at the latter.

Coach
04-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Nothing wrong with some OL depth. My guess is that Asamoah will replace BW in 2011 if we have football that year.