PDA

View Full Version : Lb & Nt

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Who thinks we need to draft a LB and a NT with our next two draft picks? I do.

Ryfo18
04-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm on your page Aussie. I can't complain about what they've done so far though. Not the route I ever thought they'd take, but again, can't complain.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm on your page Aussie. I can't complain about what they've done so far though. Not the route I ever thought they'd take, but again, can't complain.
Yeah I didn't think they were gonna go this way either but I've gotta say! Great work!

chief31
04-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Who thinks we need to draft a LB and a NT with our next two draft picks? I do.

Beyond the third round, everything is pretty much long-shots and projects. That is where we should be looking for KRs Nicklebacks and TEs.

Oh, wait.... Yeah, sure.

Since we have addressed our biggest needs, of KR, Nickle and TE, might as well take a flyer on some unimportant positions like LOT, NT and LB.

:D

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Beyond the third round, everything is pretty much long-shots and projects. That is where we should be looking for KRs Nicklebacks and TEs.

Oh, wait.... Yeah, sure.

Since we have addressed our biggest needs, of KR, Nickle and TE, might as well take a flyer on some unimportant positions like LOT, NT and LB.

You forget, we addressed our most important position. That of PLAYMAKER! Isn't a PLAYMAKER all that we needed, really?

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:25 PM

Oh, wait.... Yeah, sure.

i think Dexter McCluster can be a KR.

chief31
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM
i think Dexter McCluster can be a KR.

Yeah. I was being a "sour grapes" sarcastic a**.

KR gets an opportuinty to do something on about three or four plays per game. I actually don't think that that is a more important position to fill than .... any of the 22 starting positions, that are at least out there for half the game.

Same with Nickleback. And TE is also a part-time position.

It's as if we have such a great bunch of offensive and defensive starters, that we don't need them, and can go after these part-timers.

But this great bunch of starters are the same guys, for the most part, that have been absolutely terrible for the past couple of seasons.

Coach
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Bwilliams and chief31, marriage made in heaven. Two most optimistic people I know.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Bwilliams and chief31, marriage made in heaven. Two most optimistic people I know.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But damn. Do you really like this draft? Do you really better about the Chiefs now than you did at the end of 2009?

I don't. I do not think this draft improved this team except in the most superficial ways. I would trade our entire draft to any team not named the Jaguars or Bills right now.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm not trying to be pessimistic. But damn. Do you really like this draft? Do you really better about the Chiefs now than you did at the end of 2009?

I don't. I do not think this draft improved this team except in the most superficial ways. I would trade our entire draft to any team not named the Jaguars or Bills right now.
You can't be serious?
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/04/115.jpg

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
You can't be serious?

The Raiders had a better draft than us. The f***ing Raiders.

Diesel
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
LOL really? Then you must have been one miserable sob going into last season cause this draft is 100000000x better than last years.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:58 PM
The Raiders had a better draft than us. The f***ing Raiders.
That's going too far. The chiefs had a great draft!

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
LOL really? Then you must have been one miserable sob going into last season cause this draft is 100000000x better than last years.

I could chalk last year's draft up to the idea that the cupboard was bare. While I didn't like that our 1st two picks were 3-4 DEs, I understood that we needed them. I though Washington, Brown, and the rest (excluding Succop) were bad picks, but I believed they were attempts to build special teams and depth. I couldn't figure many better players to be had in the 4-7 rounds.

In other words, I wasn't expecting much, so it didn't bother me when we didn't get much. I expected more this year, especially since it was obvious from the 2009 season that our front-7 and OL just weren't good. My expectations were higher, and the return was about the same, or maybe even worse.

bwilliams
04-23-2010, 11:03 PM
That's going too far. The chiefs had a great draft!

I would trade all of our picks picks for Veldheer, McClain, and Houston.

Those aren't PLAYMAKERS, but they're NFL-caliber starters at positions of great need.

Three7s
04-23-2010, 11:13 PM
The draft was bad because we only filled one need. We did absolutely nothing to fix our putrid run-defense. I can't believe we're actually looking to stick with the same horrible LBs.

AussieChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 11:14 PM
The draft was bad because we only filled one need. We did absolutely nothing to fix our putrid run-defense. I can't believe we're actually looking to stick with the same horrible LBs.
The only thing I think they could have done better is draft a LB in the 3rd round.

charlesIII
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
other then berry the rest of the draft has been a huge mistake