PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Record in 2010

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 11:31 AM
What do you guys think our record will be in 2010? My Guess is 8-8.

Chief Tyler
04-25-2010, 11:32 AM
16-0 until proven otherwise.

Ryfo18
04-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah where's the 16-0 choice?

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Yeah where's the 16-0 choice?

Even though I am very optimistic, i'm not on drugs, lol.

matthewschiefs
04-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I dont even want to go 16-0 how about the 19-0 option i like that one. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm nothing but opitimistic, and I shall remain that way until I have justified reason not to, therefore I chose the highest option available @ 12-4. :)

okikcfan
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm nothing but opitimistic, and I shall remain that way until I have justified reason not to, therefore I chose the highest option available @ 12-4. :)
I love your out look, and I wish more CHIEFS FANS could do the same. I would do anything for a 12-4 season but am picking 10-6. The 12 -4 I'll save for next season!

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
16-0 until proven otherwise.

I love your out look, and I wish more CHIEFS FANS could do the same. I would do anything for a 12-4 season but am picking 10-6. The 12 -4 I'll save for next season!

Thanks! :D

Well, for sake of clarification, haha...in no aspect am I fool, and I pitched my rose colored glasses as a toddler, haha. However, 53 years of life has taught me as a matter of self survival to remain optimistic & positive as much as humanly possible. Negativity & pessimism are always self defeating and the enemy.

:chiefs:

70 chiefsfan70
04-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I voted 10 and 6, but really think 9 and 7 will be the number.

hometeam
04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
i wanted to vote 9 and 7 and it wasnt a choice :(

okikcfan
04-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Well, for sake of clarification, haha...in no aspect am I fool, and I pitched my rose colored glasses as a toddler, haha. However, 53 years of life has taught me as a matter of self survival to remain optimistic & positive as much as humanly possible. Negativity & pessimism are always self defeating and the enemy.

I 100% agree, I too have 53 years of life but sadly, growing up in so. cal I spent the first 20 years of my life as....yes.....a Raiders fan.......OMG how I hated Al Davis. Then one day I walked away and purchased a Chiefs jacket. I was born again! (sorta speak) and When its my time to go, thats how I will go, forever and always..... A Chiefs Fan! I'll be in my Red #58 when I enter the Gate.

Bike
04-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I voted 8-8, doubling our wins from last year, which doubled our wins from the year before. If we keep this trend up, we'll be 16-0 in 2011!! Sounds good to me...

Chief Tyler
04-25-2010, 02:36 PM

Yep. By the way, the Royals are going 151-11 this year. If I didn't think they had a chance of winning every game they play in I wouldn't be a fan who cared one way or the other. :P

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I 100% agree, I too have 53 years of life but sadly, growing up in so. cal I spent the first 20 years of my life as....yes.....a Raiders fan.......OMG how I hated Al Davis. Then one day I walked away and purchased a Chiefs jacket. I was born again! (sorta speak) and When its my time to go, thats how I will go, forever and always..... A Chiefs Fan! I'll be in my Red #58 when I enter the Gate.

My dad became a Chiefs fan in 1963 when they moved from Dallas, so I was raised a Chiefs fan more or less. I spent part of my childhood in So-Cal, San Diego & LA area's. I drove for the first time in the Chargers parking lot, hit a few medians, lol.

I won't be wearing my #58 entering the pearly gates, as I'm passing that along to my grandson...but, I like to think #58 himself will be there to greet me as I enter, wearing that big terrific smile of his! :D

Anyway, Al Davis just ain't right in the head...there is something terribly twisted about that being, hahaha.

matthewschiefs
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM

As long as you have repent for you sin we can forgive you. lol

I became a chief fan when i started to get into football in 95 i was 11 i dont no what made me chose the chiefs but i am glad i did. :chiefs:

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
As long as you have repent for you sin we can forgive you. lol

I became a chief fan when i started to get into football in 95 i was 11 i dont no what made me chose the chiefs but i am glad i did. :chiefs:

Shoot, my dad didn't give me a choice but to carry on his red & gold blood, hahaha.

I actually was a bit of a Jet's fan, having a school girl crush on Broadway Joe, lol. My dad despised Nammath...he bet me $20 the Jet's would lose SBIII. A sore loser, he grounded me for a week! In all fairness to my dad however, my relentess boasting no doubt played a role in his being a sore loser, hahaha. I was also lectured more than once, on the importance of loyalty to the hometeam, since I was a Kansas native, though not living in KS at the time.

My brother was telling this story to his son, my nephew, not long ago...we were all laughing so hard with the memories of my getting in trouble over that Jet's SB win, haha. My brother, 11 months younger than I, was also mad at me back then for liking Nammath & the Jets, their being KC's rival of course.

That next season, 1969...my schoolgirl crush attention turned to Lenny Dawson. Excitement within me began growing each time Bobby Bell made a hit, Otis Taylor caught a pass & ran with what appeared to me to be great speed, & so on. My heart's door closed permanently to ever allowing another team to enter...when I witnessed my dad's excitement over the Chiefs SBIV win.

I was 13 1/2 when the Chiefs won SBIV, I don't remember too much other than my dad's excitement. Here I am...40 loyal years later still waiting for our Chiefs to bring the Lombardi back to KC! I could be wrong, but I just don't think the man upstairs is gonna let me leave this Earth until I experience as an adult...my Chiefs returning to a SB!

bigpoppachief
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Same here i would vote 9-7

bigpoppachief
04-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Same here i would vote 9-7

honda522
04-25-2010, 09:34 PM
8-8 cause I don't want to be unrealistic...but then anything is possible.

KristofLaw
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM
12-4 sweeping the west aside from maybe San Fran.

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
12-4 sweeping the west aside from maybe San Fran.

In my best Billy Bob Sling Blade impersonation: "ugghmmm i like the way you think boy"

matthewschiefs
04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Shoot, my dad didn't give me a choice but to carry on his red & gold blood, hahaha.

I actually was a bit of a Jet's fan, having a school girl crush on Broadway Joe, lol. My dad despised Nammath...he bet me $20 the Jet's would lose SBIII. A sore loser, he grounded me for a week! In all fairness to my dad however, my relentess boasting no doubt played a role in his being a sore loser, hahaha. I was also lectured more than once, on the importance of loyalty to the hometeam, since I was a Kansas native, though not living in KS at the time.

My brother was telling this story to his son, my nephew, not long ago...we were all laughing so hard with the memories of my getting in trouble over that Jet's SB win, haha. My brother, 11 months younger than I, was also mad at me back then for liking Nammath & the Jets, their being KC's rival of course.

That next season, 1969...my schoolgirl crush attention turned to Lenny Dawson. Excitement within me began growing each time Bobby Bell made a hit, Otis Taylor caught a pass & ran with what appeared to me to be great speed, & so on. My heart's door closed permanently to ever allowing another team to enter...when I witnessed my dad's excitement over the Chiefs SBIV win.

I was 13 1/2 when the Chiefs won SBIV, I don't remember too much other than my dad's excitement. Here I am...40 loyal years later still waiting for our Chiefs to bring the Lombardi back to KC! I could be wrong, but I just don't think the man upstairs is gonna let me leave this Earth until I experience as an adult...my Chiefs returning to a SB!

My mom liked joe to. She was a jets fan growing up. While she didn't realy like football haveing 2 older brothers she realy didn't have a choice.

No one eles in my family is into any sport. Well no one that i no in my family. Or they are just bandwagon fans that jump on the bandwagon when the St louis teams are doing well. So i was on my own when it came to choseing teams. I just chose the chiefs and stayed with the chiefs even with the Rams moveing to St louis i no a lot of people who moved from Chiefs to Rams when they moved to St louis. And most years i get to point and laugh at them becuse no matter how bad we are doing the rams are worse. :D :chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
I was really hoping someone was going to make one of these polls! :D

josh1971
04-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm guessing 8-8. Maybe one more year to get all the pieces to start the dynasty on its dominance over the NFL.

Connie Jo
04-26-2010, 12:58 AM
My mom liked joe to. She was a jets fan growing up. While she didn't realy like football haveing 2 older brothers she realy didn't have a choice.

No one eles in my family is into any sport. Well no one that i no in my family. Or they are just bandwagon fans that jump on the bandwagon when the St louis teams are doing well. So i was on my own when it came to choseing teams. I just chose the chiefs and stayed with the chiefs even with the Rams moveing to St louis i no a lot of people who moved from Chiefs to Rams when they moved to St louis. And most years i get to point and laugh at them becuse no matter how bad we are doing the rams are worse. :D :chiefs:

Well, except for that one year, hahaha. You know, the one when an unknown QB took over for Trent Green, and led the Rams to the SB. :D

I'm the diehard Chiefs & NFL fan in my family, though my kids, grandkids, mom, & brother...are Chiefs fans, they're not as compassionate as I am. I think my grandson & step-grandson will become diehards in adulthood.

My step-grandson is big into football, a star player on his local middle school team...he plays both DL & OL, they don't sit him out much, haha. His dream is to play for the Chiefs someday! :D

The majority of my family are compassionate OU fans, including my brother. My younger sister though, was a Dolphins fan for many yrs...only because she liked dolphins (as in fish) & the color teal. We're actually half sisters, 18 yrs apart in age, different dads, so that explains the difference in her not being a Chiefs fan & airhead reasons for why she chose the Dolphins, hahaha. She doesn't know much about the game itself, haha.

Three7s
04-26-2010, 02:30 AM
A bit more talent combined with a much easier schedule should equal 8-8. Maybe better, maybe worse.

figcrostic
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I think we could go 8-8 but I would honestly be happy with 6-10 as long as the games interesting.:chiefs:

Chiefster
04-26-2010, 02:52 PM
What do i look like, nostradamus?

Canada
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
What do i look like, nostradamus?...sort of...

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
We will be 10-6 for sure!!!

slc chief
04-26-2010, 09:35 PM
with or without henderson i think he gives us alot better of a chance at winning more games.with the adition of our draft picks as well

stricken721
04-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I posted before I think this team will finish 11-5 this year. But since that option isn't available I'll go with 12-4.

frazier1te
04-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Let me be the first to thank you for NOT putting in a 13-3 option... I would rather gouge out my eyes than go through another one of those!

T

Vanilla Garilla
04-28-2010, 10:55 AM
so the consensus is we will basically be somewhere right around .500.

buffman316
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I voted 8-8 even though it is certainly possible to win more with all of the upgrades. I am am cautiously optimistic!

Chiefster
04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
...sort of...

He's a distant cousin twice removed on my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother's side. :D

Drunker Hillbilly
04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
I just read a tweet from Chris Mortenson and he thinks the largest increase in wins will be the Lions followed by the Chiefs.

Argo
04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
8-8 sounds ok to me.

slimdagreat
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
10-6 really people?
I know we're all homers here, but come on!

rbedgood
05-03-2010, 03:34 AM
I give you guys 10-6...

Wins
Oakland * 2
Denver *2
San Diego *1
Seattle
Arizona
Buffalo
Jacksonville
St Louis

Losses
San Diego (I'd love to see you sweep your division, I just can't see it yet)
San Francisco (what...you expected anything else from me?)
Arizona (prove me wrong...please!!)
Tennessee (this could be close though)
Indianapolis
Houston

Chiefster
05-03-2010, 04:08 AM
I give you guys 10-6...

Wins
Oakland * 2
Denver *2
San Diego *1
Seattle
Arizona
Buffalo
Jacksonville
St Louis

Losses
Indianapolis
Houston

I'd take it with no problem; not sure that I'd be expecting it though.

bbacker51
05-03-2010, 12:08 PM
10-6 with loss last game of the regular season to keep us out of a wildcard

Canada
05-03-2010, 02:31 PM
10-6 with loss last game of the regular season to keep us out of a wildcard

You think we are gonna lose to the Raitards at home with a playoff berth on the line? We aren't the donkeys!! :densux:

Three7s
05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I give you guys 10-6...

Wins
Oakland * 2
Denver *2
San Diego *1
Seattle
Arizona
Buffalo
Jacksonville
St Louis

Losses
Indianapolis
Houston
rbedgood, you're the man and all, but we don't face Arizona twice! :lol:

chief31
05-03-2010, 07:22 PM
It seems, with San Diego continuing to lose big pieces, that someone has to step up in this division.

I certainly hope that it will be us. But I am not too terribly confident that it will be.

So, without seeing any late FA pick-ups, I currently have us at 6-10.

That would show an improvement over last season, based on the coordinators. But I am unwilling to award us anything based on slipping divisional rivals. That could happen. But I am not going to predict an improvement, based on that, as I am not all that familiar with our divisional foes.

rbedgood
05-04-2010, 04:16 AM
rbedgood, you're the man and all, but we don't face Arizona twice! :lol:

lol...was running low on Diet Coke.

Substitute Cleveland in the win column. :D

slimdagreat
05-04-2010, 05:01 PM
people really think we're going 10-6 with our front 7? You guys are setting yourselves up for a long season.

Canada
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
people really think we're going 10-6 with our front 7? You guys are setting yourselves up for a long season.

Do we play tomorrow or is there still some FA time? Im just glad our D line can't possibly improve over last season. Ive been through enough long seasons that this one is actually looking up. Im going to enjoy that feeling. You keep up the doomsday predictions!! :bananen_smilies046:

kcred
05-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Put your hands in the air and step away from the crack ho

rbedgood
05-05-2010, 04:11 AM

Have you looked at the rest of your division lately? If so you'll see Denver and Oakland suck, San Diego is less than last year, and the Chiefs improved. You have games against St Louis, Seattle, Cleveland and Jacksonville who are all horrible teams. 10 wins only takes a couple of good games or "any given Sunday" moments from there.