PDA

View Full Version : OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now?

bwilliams
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now (new starters astericked)?

Offense:

QB: Cassel
RB: Charles/Jones*
FB: Cox
WR1: Bowe
WR2: Chambers
TE: Pope/Moeaki*
LT: Albert
LG: Waters
C: Weigman*
RG: Asamoah* (probably)
RT: O'Callahan

Defense:

LDE: Jackson
NT: Shaun Smith*
RDE: Dorsey
LOLB: Vrabel
LILB: DJ/Mays
RILB: DeMorrio Williams
ROLB: Tamba Hali
CB1: Flowers
CB2: Carr
SS: Berry* (I'm guessing)
FS: Kendrick Lewis* (I'm guessing)

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
KR/PR: Arenas*/McCluster*

Sound right?

jason1981
04-25-2010, 02:24 PM
looks good to me. i like that you dont have page in there as well.

Bike
04-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Yep....

bwilliams
04-25-2010, 02:26 PM
looks good to me. i like that you dont have page in there as well.

I don't think Page is back in 2010. Lewis is a better player than him (not saying much I know), and McGraw is a decent enough backup.

Bike
04-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think Page is back in 2010. Lewis is a better player than him (not saying much I know), and McGraw is a decent enough backup.
Maybe Arenas pushes Carr to the bench...

Sick Dog
04-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Asamoah over Lilja?

I don't think this soon.

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 02:30 PM
OK, am I correct that this is our starting lineup now (new starters astericked)?

Offense:

Defense:

Sound right?

It looks pretty promising on paper!

jason1981
i dont think Arenas will replace Carr. Arenas has already been anounced for the nickel back for his smartness.

complexrealmz
What I would like to see..

Offense:

RB: Charles
RB2:Jones
WR3: McCluster
TE: Moeaki
TE2:Pope
C: Weigman
RG: Lilja

Defense:

NT: Smith
LILB: Johnson
RILB: Williams
ROLB: Hali
Nickle: Arenas
SS: Page
FS: Berry

KR: McCluster
PR: Arenas

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Maurice Leggett might also be applying some pressure this offseason for the number two cb slot.

jason1981
04-25-2010, 02:34 PM
i think our rookie guard will start right away. they said he was the most nfl rookie guard

jacko58
04-25-2010, 02:42 PM
our guard gonna push waters to be better, he added a starter right away, that gives us security with one pick, i like our tackles bringing in a guard to ,make sure lilja will be ready unlike goff last year and hes gonna push waters and if hes better then waters then waters can back up all the positions in his older age i like it. mccluster will be our wes welker/wildcat/option at kick returner. i think it will be awsome. pope should end up back up tight end. defensively apparently the chiefs feel safe with smith at nt.... will see. linebacker hali is gonna blow up the league with sacks, vrabel lets see whats in the tank, dj and williams in the middle. safetys berry and a healthy page should hold down our safety position. corner backs flowers carr then arenas and legget i love it arenas is a smart playmaker kick returner spppeeeddd. i like our defensive backs if page can come back

Coach
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Based on that lineup, NT at RT worry me the most right now.

aaronchieffan
04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Based on that lineup, NT at RT worry me the most right now.

I just want to see what Smith can give us. I no that hes been on a lot of teams but I just hope that the Chiefs can use him in a spot that he will be able to preform well.

jason1981
04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
yes NT and RT but hoing our rt is gettin stronger and better with anothe year under his belt.

texaschief
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Offense:

Defense:

This lineup looks a TON better than the original post. However, I've got a couple edits.

TE: Cottam will push to start
TE2: Moeaki I hope he stays healthy

RT: O'Callaghan to start (However Colin Brown is still on the roster and could push to start)

RILB: WHY THE HELL DID WE NOT DRAFT AN ILB???? SH!!!TTT THIS PISSES ME OFF!!

FS: Page has played here the past few years
SS: Berry played here throughout college

bwilliams
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
This lineup looks a TON better than the original post. However, I've got a couple edits.

TE: Cottam will push to start
TE2: Moeaki I hope he stays healthy

RT: O'Callaghan to start (However Colin Brown is still on the roster and could push to start)

RILB: WHY THE HELL DID WE NOT DRAFT AN ILB???? SH!!!TTT THIS PISSES ME OFF!!

FS: Page has played here the past few years
SS: Berry played here throughout college

My gut just tells me Page will not be a Chief opening day. And I don't see McGraw, Morgan, or Kendrick Lewis as SSs.

I can't see Brown starting. He's just too slow. I think he's going to be a backup at OG, not OT.

And I think Cottam's getting cut. Pioli/Haley brought in Pope, and the drafted O'Connell and Moeaki. Cottam is the odd man out. I think Pope starts the season, but Moeaki takes over by midseason.

jason1981
04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
isn't Brown a guard?

we didnt draft a ILB cuz we have just signed UFA mike johnson who could be a starter with good coaching.

i think page will be a back up now. so i dont know if berry or lewis will be at which spots but i believe they will both start

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 05:57 PM
My gut just tells me Page will not be a Chief opening day. And I don't see McGraw, Morgan, or Kendrick Lewis as SSs.

I can't see Brown starting. He's just too slow. I think he's going to be a backup at OG, not OT.

And I think Cottam's getting cut. Pioli/Haley brought in Pope, and the drafted O'Connell and Moeaki. Cottam is the odd man out. I think Pope starts the season, but Moeaki takes over by midseason.

I agree with you...I also suspect Cottam will be cut. It may be totally un-related, but he was one of my friends at Facebook, and based upon some of his activity at FB, it led me to believe he won't be a Chief in 2010. He also has now deleted his KC Chief FB page.

honda522
04-25-2010, 06:07 PM
No way Page sits over Lewis.

texaschief
04-25-2010, 06:10 PM
isn't Brown a guard?

Brown was an OT in college and people thought he'd be a guard... but OBVIOUSLY the Chiefs are stacked at OG and probably need more competition at RT. Besides, what are they gonna do, cut Brown like I said they would?

we didnt draft a ILB cuz we have just signed UFA mike johnson who could be a starter with good coaching.

So, you think we didn't draft an ILB because they signed an UDFA?? How does that work?? lmao besides, what makes you think an UDFA ILB would perform better than the 2 they signed and played LAST season... AFTER a year of NFL experience?? At some point, the Chiefs need to get REAL talent in their LB corp and not just project players. But I'm sure a Punt Returner will contribute more than a starting ILB would.... oh, wait... you have to STOP someone in order to make a team punt... my bad.

i think page will be a back up now. so i dont know if berry or lewis will be at which spots but i believe they will both start

You think Page will be demoted because he got hurt?? That's ridiculous. The secondary was in shambles once he was out for the season. Kendrick Lewis may have the make-up to supplant Page at some point... who knows... but it won't be this year. Jarrad Page was a projected 2nd round pick when the Chiefs picked him. He fell to the 7th round because teams were afraid he'd go play baseball instead. Page was a STEAL in the 7th and shouldn't be written off because of an injury.

Nobody on the roster is good enough to beat out Page. He'll be a Chief and a welcome addition to the secondary.

To be honest, I can't see Brown making the roster. He's just ANOTHER horrid draft pick by the Pioli bunch.

Cottam came on late last season and is BY FAR the most talented TE on the roster. Haley was REAL high on Brad at the end of the season and if he's completely recovered from his injury, there's no way Pope or Moeaki will beat him out for a roster spot. Moeaki was drafted to either supplant O'Connell or Pope as a backup. Pope is NOT a starter in the NFL and Moeaki is nothing special athletically... blocking OR speed-wise.

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
You think Page will be demoted because he got hurt?? That's ridiculous. The secondary was in shambles once he was out for the season. Kendrick Lewis may have the make-up to supplant Page at some point... who knows... but it won't be this year. Jarrad Page was a projected 2nd round pick when the Chiefs picked him. He fell to the 7th round because teams were afraid he'd go play baseball instead. Page was a STEAL in the 7th and shouldn't be written off because of an injury.

Cottam came on late last season and is BY FAR the most talented TE on the roster. Haley was REAL high on Brad at the end of the season and if he's completely recovered from his injury, there's no way Pope or Moeaki will beat him out for a roster spot. Moeaki was drafted to either supplant O'Connell or Pope as a backup. Pope is NOT a starter in the NFL and Moeaki is nothing special athletically... blocking OR speed-wise.

Cottam not being recovered is what concerns me as to why he may be cut. Some of his last comments on his FB were related to his injury, and from reading his comments, it seemed he still has a long way to go yet with recovering completely.

texaschief
04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Cottam not being recovered is what concerns me as to why he may be cut. Some of his last comments on his FB were related to his injury, and from reading his comments, it seemed he still has a long way to go yet with recovering completely.

I haven't been following his recovery. However, I must've been giving the front office too much credit. If TE was a priority for them, I just figured they'd try and draft someone they could build around. The guy they got in the 3rd doesn't scream "FRANCHISE TIGHT END" to me...

bwilliams
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM

A lot of what you wrote is right. But even if you're right, I don't think it matters. I think Cottam is gone. We're not carrying four TEs, and we're not getting rid of Pope, Moeaki, or Connell.

Same with Page. You may think its a bad move, but I'm pretty sure Page hasn't signed his tender, which makes me think he's either going to be signed long term (unlikely, given that we drafted *two* free safeties), traded (possible), or cut (probable). And really, it's probably better for him that way. Let him pull a Pollard and go to another team.

Brown isn't going to be cut. Our interor linemen are Waters, Lilja, Weigman, Niswanger, Brown, and Asamoah. I think Niswanger goes before Brown does, and I think Brown goes back to the practice squad before being cut.

EDIT: And Moeaki may not be a Tony G., but he could be a nice Jason Dunn for us for the next decade. He'll be a good contributor I think.

Big Daddy Tek
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
You think Page will be demoted because he got hurt?? That's ridiculous. The secondary was in shambles once he was out for the season. Kendrick Lewis may have the make-up to supplant Page at some point... who knows... but it won't be this year. Jarrad Page was a projected 2nd round pick when the Chiefs picked him. He fell to the 7th round because teams were afraid he'd go play baseball instead. Page was a STEAL in the 7th and shouldn't be written off because of an injury

Hit the nail on the head right here. Page is a fine safety and will be starting immediately. Kendrick Lewis is a special teamer at this point.

Also, Ryan Lilja will be starting over Asamoah. Lilja is a beast.

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't been following his recovery. However, I must've been giving the front office too much credit. If TE was a priority for them, I just figured they'd try and draft someone they could build around. The guy they got in the 3rd doesn't scream "FRANCHISE TIGHT END" to me...

Well, a few comments read as if he had a ways to go recovering, but they weren't detailed comments, so it's a matter of how one expresses themselves & the reader comprehends. May not be as long as what I interpreted. Personally, I'd like to see Cottam heal completely & remain a Chief. Time will tell.

Ryfo18
04-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Agreed, Page will most likely be the starting safety, assuming he signs his tender.

honda522
04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Agreed, Page will most likely be the starting safety, assuming he signs his tender.
He will..I read an article and they interviewed him before the draft and he said how excited he was for this season to start and how he was glad to be back from injury and also he and Flowers really thought something special of Berry.

jason1981
04-25-2010, 07:16 PM
i belive pioli said in his one of his draft conferences that Cotton has been cleared to work out and that he is on schedule and that he has been there working out with the team. i dont think he is cleared for contact though bu cleared to an extent i believe. i know he talked about cotton but not sure which conference it was in.
Cotton will be here next year. Guaranteed. Poili likes him and saw potential in him before he got injured. if he stays healthy he will become the starter. atleast im a hoping.

jason1981
04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
im glad we have atleast have depth now at safety and cb now at the least. i so cant wait till training camp.

yashi
04-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Page will start next season. I'm willing to put money on that.

You know, maybe Page will play SS. I just read that he played SS all through college, and then played FS in the Tampa 2 under Herm, which splits the field responsibilities in half between the two safeties, so there isn't a huge difference between the two positions like there is in other schemes. Berry at FS obviously utilizes his skillset best as a centerfielder type and our fastest player on defense, though he has no problem hitting people either:

YouTube- Eric Berry 360 hit

70 chiefsfan70
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Page will start next season. I'm willing to put money on that.

You know, maybe Page will play SS. I just read that he played SS all through college, and then played FS in the Tampa 2 under Herm, which splits the field responsibilities in half between the two safeties, so there isn't a huge difference between the two positions like there is in other schemes. Berry at FS obviously utilizes his skillset best as a centerfielder type and our fastest player on defense, though he has no problem hitting people either:

YouTube- Eric Berry 360 hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbGA-d_6Rs&feature=player_embedded)

WOW! I love it, this guy is exciting!

texaschief
04-25-2010, 07:51 PM
A lot of what you wrote is right. But even if you're right, I don't think it matters. I think Cottam is gone. We're not carrying four TEs, and we're not getting rid of Pope, Moeaki, or Connell.

O'Connell only dressed for 4 games last season. If they don't carry 4 TE's he's the odd man out assuming Cottam is healthy. You don't cut a 3rd round pick for a 7th round pick, no matter WHO drafted him.

Same with Page. You may think its a bad move, but I'm pretty sure Page hasn't signed his tender, which makes me think he's either going to be signed long term (unlikely, given that we drafted *two* free safeties), traded (possible), or cut (probable). And really, it's probably better for him that way. Let him pull a Pollard and go to another team.

"Pull a Pollard??" Haley CUT Pollard... which is why our safeties SUCKED so horribly this season. Page will sign and start. count on it. The Chiefs drafted two safeties because neither Brown or McGraw are starters. So, ONE OF THEM was a necessity. The other is to provide depth, not start. Do you honestly think a 5th round Safety is capable of coming onto this team and replacing a productive starter with 4 years experience?

Brown isn't going to be cut. Our interor linemen are Waters, Lilja, Weigman, Niswanger, Brown, and Asamoah. I think Niswanger goes before Brown does, and I think Brown goes back to the practice squad before being cut.

Brown did nothing to secure a spot on this team and you're not going to cut your backup Center in favor of a 5th string OG. Besides, Brown would have to clear waivers before being put on the practice squad. In order for him to clear waivers, he'd first have to be cut...

EDIT: And Moeaki may not be a Tony G., but he could be a nice Jason Dunn for us for the next decade. He'll be a good contributor I think.

Geez... Moeaki won't be a "Jason Dunn" type player because he's not a good blocking TE. He was drafted PURELY for his pass catching abilities... even though he's slow and can't run good routes. Also, he missed most of 2007 season with a dislocated elbow. Missed 2008 spring practice after having surgery on a broken wrist. Missed time in 2008 with a broken foot, pulled hamstring and a concussion. Missed time in 2009 with an ankle injury.

From what I've read, he is Brad Cottam Redux... except that he can't block well and isn't fast. He's a great athlete with a huge ceiling, but staying healthy is the issue. Hopefully between Cottam and Moeaki, we'll have ONE good TE.

If you're expecting first year starters to come from any of the players taken after the 2nd round, you're going to be VERY disappointed. You can expect some of those players to develop into starters within the next couple years, but they won't be difference makers this or maybe even next year. Expecting Moeaki, Asomoah, Lewis, or any of the UDFAs to start this season, you're being COMPLETELY unrealistic and expecting WAY too much.

josh1971
04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
How in theeee flaming Hay-uhl can anyone be "correct" about our starting lineup right now? That's a far better question for mid-to-late August.

YouTube- Eric Berry 360 hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXbGA-d_6Rs&feature=player_embedded)

And is it just me, or do ALL those highlight clips have the most annoying music ever conceived?

jason1981
04-25-2010, 08:33 PM
well the more i think of it i would rather have berry at FS and page at SS

yashi
04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
well the more i think of it i would rather have berry at FS and page at SS

It makes a lot of sense, but I guess we'll see.

Berry = 6', 211 lbs. Extremely fast, with incredible range.

Page = 6', 225 lbs. Big, strong guy, not particularly fast, but a very hard hitter.

Both guys are ball hawks, but Page certainly seems to fit the bill better playing closer to the line of scrimmage with Berry manning deep. Berry is probably the better guy in pursuit and misses less tackles, and cover a lot more ground quicker. You definitely don't want your FS missing many tackles, unless you like giving up touchdowns.

Chiefscrazy
04-25-2010, 09:12 PM
I will not be at all surprised to see Asamoah starting at RG, Moeaki our starting TE & Lewis our starting nickle back by seasons end, but only time will tell.

This is how I see our starting O-Line looking by late December -

LT Albert, LG Waters, OC Lilja, RG Asamoah, RT OC

yashi
04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I will not be at all surprised to see Asamoah starting at RG, Moeaki our starting TE & Lewis our starting nickle back by seasons end, but only time will tell.

This is how I see our starting O-Line looking by late December -

LT Albert, LG Waters, OC Lilja, RG Asamoah, RT OC

Lilja at C? Interesting..

josh1971
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Lilja at C? Interesting..

Well, nfl.com has him listed as a Center.

chief31
04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Hit the nail on the head right here. Page is a fine safety and will be starting immediately. Kendrick Lewis is a special teamer at this point.

Also, Ryan Lilja will be starting over Asamoah. Lilja is a beast.

Being a Chiefs fan, I have seen plenty of terrible FS play. But I have never seen anyone play it as poorly as Page has.

Unless he learns to, either, tackle, or just stay out of the rest of our defenders' way so they can tackle, I would hate to see him playing for us.

He made a few Ints. So there was something positive to point to with him. But on most plays he was failing miserably to cover the deep middle of the field, or tackling our own defenders and preventing them from making tackles.

Is there an option to leave that position empty and just send 10 guys out there? That may be a better option.

I would be amazed to find that noone would be ble to take the starting spot from him.

And at SS? Page? 31 NFL teams would be thrilled with that and The Chiefs would not be one of them.

I know I am being pretty harsh on him. But he was, seriously, as bad as I have ever seen play the position.

So, unless he has fixed some of his major problems, then I'd really want no part of this guy.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Corey Mays take over one of the ILB starting roles and DJ being moved to OLB for pass rushing. Mays played well last year in his 13 starts and I think Vrabel might be best used situationally. I think DJ and Hali would make for a great pass rushing combo, forcing interceptions to our new ball hawk!

Diesel
04-26-2010, 12:51 AM

Offense:

Defense:

Yeah that's the lineup I like as well

Diesel
04-26-2010, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Corey Mays take over one of the ILB starting roles and DJ being moved to OLB for pass rushing. Mays played well last year in his 13 starts and I think Vrabel might be best used situationally. I think DJ and Hali would make for a great pass rushing combo, forcing interceptions to our new ball hawk!

Yeah I would like to see DJ moved to outside and blitzed more. One reason I was REALLY wanting Spikes in the draft. Really wanted us to get an inside thumper to upgrade us there this offseason.

chiefnut
04-26-2010, 09:05 AM

Offense:

Defense:

this looks right w/possible exception nisewanger over weigman @ C...
looks like quite an upgrade over last year, lets hope it translates into more wins

yashi
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Offense:

Defense:

I would like to see this as well. One change though - I think Arenas will return kicks as well as the punts. He seems to have quite a bit more experience (and success) in this department from college.

OPLookn
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM

Neither does drafting a qb in the 6th round named Tom Brady. People can suprize you, if a players talent was built off of draft rank then why bother having a 4th-7th round of draft... I mean at that point they are all steals or they will never be a franchise player according to you. Everything I've heard about Moeaki is that he's got pretty good hands and is an outstanding blocker, just what I heard but I'm waiting to see if it translates.

figcrostic
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM

Offense:

Defense:

Sound right?
I don't think Moeaki has beat Cottam out for TE.

figcrostic
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Neither does drafting a qb in the 6th round named Tom Brady. People can suprize you, if a players talent was built off of draft rank then why bother having a 4th-7th round of draft... I mean at that point they are all steals or they will never be a franchise player according to you. Everything I've heard about Moeaki is that he's got pretty good hands and is an outstanding blocker, just what I heard but I'm waiting to see if it translates.

You would have a better chance winning the lottery then finding another Tom Brady in the 6th round

texaschief
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM

Again, if you're EXPECTING to find a franchise player after the 2nd round, your expectations are unrealistic.

dbolan
04-29-2010, 12:01 AM
We still need another WR. Said it last year and say it again this year.

Chambers is old. Bowe is not stepping up like everyone said and McCluster is not going to be a savior as a WR....A playmaker yes...but we need another proven WR like Boldin or the likes there of.

endzonewillie
04-29-2010, 12:30 AM

Offense:

Defense:

This line up looks exactly the way I have them in Madden. It is a very nice looking roster and if they play anything like they do in Madden we will have a team that is freaking devastating and better than anything I have watched in the last 6 years. I realize Vermeil had a very good offense when he was running the team but when I am making that statement I am including the play of the defense. I can not wait this is so freaking exciting!:chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
04-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Asamoah over Lilja?

I don't think this soon.
I don't think it will happen this soon either but in time, as lilja gets older I think it's a real possiblity.

Hayvern
04-29-2010, 04:47 AM
I don't think it will happen this soon either but in time, as lilja gets older I think it's a real possiblity.

Lilja is only 28, I think if anyone gets replaced due to age, it will be Waters. Groom this kid for that spot now, or we better be grabbing a guard in early drafts next season.

Considering that Weigmann is 37, I hope Niswanger takes some notes this season as he is playing backup.

yashi
04-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Lilja has played LG most of his career and Asamoah played RG in college I believe, so that will probably be the eventual situation at G after Waters is either released/retires/moved to C.

toyotapower
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
one name not mentioned is andy studebaker. i could definitly see him taking over vrabel's spot at some point during the season.

yashi
04-29-2010, 10:05 AM
one name not mentioned is andy studebaker. i could definitly see him taking over vrabel's spot at some point during the season.

I doubt he takes over. Vrabel is still very solid against the run, arguably our best run defender in the front 7. He just needs to be subbed out in passing situations.

cjsfw2
05-01-2010, 12:08 PM
We still need another WR. Said it last year and say it again this year.

Chambers is old. Bowe is not stepping up like everyone said and McCluster is not going to be a savior as a WR....A playmaker yes...but we need another proven WR like Boldin or the likes there of.

The #1 WR is coming next year my friend, 1st round. Look at the studs projected to come out...
A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4"
Julio Jones, WR, Alabama -6'4"
Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame - 6'3"
Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt - 6'5"

We're talking 4 legitimate #1 potential WR that are all huge.

As far as this year goes, you never know who'll Pioli will pick up of the waiver wire...does Plaxico get out of jail soon (lol)?
:chiefs: