PDA

View Full Version : What are you guys (and gals) doing?

Bike
04-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Right now I am making homemade salisbury steaks with a rich, brown mushroom sauce (shrooms picked yesterday) soon to be topped off with asparagus tips and a delacate bernaise, and homemade mashed potatoes.
And of course a Blvd Pale Ale (India this time).
Dddddooooohhhhh!!!! :beer:

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I just made some spare ribs, cooked them with a slice of lemon and onion on them, then coated them with homemade bbq sauch and some mashed potatoes as a side. It was delicous!

How did yours turn out?

Bike
04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I just made some spare ribs, cooked them with a slice of lemon and onion on them, then coated them with homemade bbq sauch and some mashed potatoes as a side. It was delicous!

How did yours turn out?
dude it is awesome. Its mushroom-hunting time and I love cooking with shrooms. I got to say though - yours sounds delish!!

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
dude it is awesome. Its mushroom-hunting time and I love cooking with shrooms. I got to say though - yours sounds delish!!

Yours sounds great. Here in Iowa we shroom hunt like crazy, but nobodies had any luck as of lately. However, with all this rain, they should be out in full force! Butter fried Morel Mushrooms = Heaven

Oh and you drink Boulevard i see, thats a good brew. Ever try Blue Moon Pale Ale? It is awesome!

Bike
04-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Yours sounds great. Here in Iowa we shroom hunt like crazy, but nobodies had any luck as of lately. However, with all this rain, they should be out in full force! Butter fried Morel Mushrooms = Heaven

Oh and you drink Boulevard i see, thats a good brew. Ever try Blue Moon Pale Ale? It is awesome!
Shrroms have been out for about a week in NE KS and NW MO now. BTW I lived in Sioux City for a couple years when I was growing up. Probably not warm enough mornings up there yet for shrooms...

Bike
04-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Blue Moon is good brew. I use to drink bud a lot but not so much any more. Economy is bad so I try to support local breweries...

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Blue Moon is good brew. I use to drink bud a lot but not so much any more. Economy is bad so I try to support local breweries...

I hear ya, i buy a lot from this local micro called Lost Duck. Its very good, and has a distinct smoky taste.

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm just sitting here wishing I was going to either bike or Vanilla's house for dinner, lol.

I'm gonna make up for some of those single life frozen dinners next week though, as I intend to pig out on the cruise ship...ton's of fine dining FREE! hahaha :)

honda522
04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm just sitting here wishing I was going to either bike or Vanilla's house for dinner, lol.

I'm gonna make up for some of those single life frozen dinners next week though, as I intend to pig out on the cruise ship...ton's of fine dining FREE! hahaha :)
Technically you paid for the food.....

Watch out. I gained 10 pounds on each when I went on 2 different cruises.

Bike
04-25-2010, 08:44 PM

I've never been on a cruise. My wife wants us to go on an Alaskan cruise sometime. Not cheap though...

Connie Jo
04-25-2010, 08:56 PM

No I didn't, hahaha. PERKS! :D

I'm gonna gain a few pounds! I planned in advance and lost 5 lbs over the last couple wks...hoping I don't gain more than that. I'll be doing lot's of dancing, which will burn some...with this cruise being focused on live music concerts. We're only spending one day at Grand Cayman.

With my schedule on this cruise...I'm more worried about not getting enough sleep! Wednesday, I arrive in Tampa at 5 PM, then scheduled to attend a RSVP pre-cruise party at Marriott's Rooftop Pool 6-8 PM. From 8 PM till who knows when, will be in attendance at two more scheduled pre-cruise parties hosted by Sixthman at nearby bar & grills. Thursday we board the ship...first fan club meet & greet is scheduled between 1-2 PM...leaving port at 4 PM. Thursday night I'll be attending live concerts, a couple more meet & greets.

Friday's schedule is tough...playing Bingo with Uncle Kracker at 12:30, lol. Flip Cup Team Tournament begins at 6 PM, the John Stone Band hosting that. I'm scheduled to be at Uncle Krackers live concert at 9:30, then I'm entered in a Dance Contest on the Lido Deck at 11:30 PM. Hope I can still move & stand up by that point, lol.

Saturday we port at Grand Cayman, spend the day on the island sight-seeing, then return to the ship for dinner, back at sea. I attend Kid Rock's live concert Saturday night...stage front & center! Should get some great pics! Sunday will attend live concerts, & I think Sunday is the day I'll meet with Kid Rock & his band TBT also.

Back in Tampa by 8 AM Monday, flight back home leaves at noon...has a 2 hr layover in Jersey of all places...they fly right over KC, then back to KC. I don't arrive in KC until 7 PM. I have a 2 hr drive home from KCI, depending upon luggage claim time...I calculate being home by midnight Monday, hahaha.

I'm gonna be exhausted, and need a vacation just to recover from a so called vacation, lol.

Vanilla Garilla
04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
That sounds awesome Connie! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Connie Jo
04-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks Kevin aka Vanilla! I hope I have a wonderful time too, haha. I've never been on a cruise, so not sure what to expect. It's all a bit intimidating in many ways...but, I shall put on my big girl panties and not be scared!...or at least pretend not to be, hahaha! :)