PDA

View Full Version : McCluster = Incredible acceleration!

yashi
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!

whatwasthat?
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
just watch some of his combine drills...the cuts he makes at full speed are ridiculous

didnt he also have the fastest 20 yd shuttle?

70 chiefsfan70
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
This guy is fun to watch, I hope we use him with his best ability and wildcat, or trick play him. It should be very interesting to watch.

Boobcrack
04-26-2010, 04:37 PM
I was caught off guard with this pick. Just didn't see it coming, but I absolutely love it. I was hoping that the Chiefs would be able to grab Sproles before he was tagged. I view McCluster as a Sproles/Dante Hall. Maybe with a little better recieving ability than both. With him and JC on the field together will create some serious match up nightmares.

figcrostic
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
still think we should have picked up Shipley or Tate

kckidd8870
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Great pick for the Chiefs.A D-fense will get real tired chasing McCluster and J Charles around all day.The give big T Jones the ball and let him smack you right in the mouth.We didnt get all the things we need in the draft but we will be ok.

70 chiefsfan70
04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
I was caught off guard with this pick. Just didn't see it coming, but I absolutely love it. I was hoping that the Chiefs would be able to grab Sproles before he was tagged. I view McCluster as a Sproles/Dante Hall. Maybe with a little better recieving ability than both. With him and JC on the field together will create some serious match up nightmares.

Me too. The first words out of my mouth when I heard the pick announced were,WTF. Then they showed high lights and I reconized him through the high lights but not by name.

I now think its was a smart pick.:chiefs:

buffman316
04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I am with most of you all on here. At first I was stunned and then I saw the highlights and man, this guy is crazy fast. Also, he is a class act, Christian, leader and has a wonderful testimony:
YouTube- Dexter McCluster's Testimony

rodu
04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
he's going to get us some major YAC yards

hometeam
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
My guess the reason for his superspeed accell but lack of top end has everything to do with his short stature (and short legs)

he is still going to be an explosive part of this upcoming KC offense

chiefnut
04-26-2010, 05:24 PM
i liked him @ the combine and was hoping we pikd him, but we may have reached a little.

matthewschiefs
04-26-2010, 08:02 PM
i liked him @ the combine and was hoping we pikd him, but we may have reached a little.

Watching the draft they said that the eagles were only a couple of picks back were going to grab him and they were shocked when we got him. Hopefuly he turns out to be a steal even in the 2nd round.

honda522
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Were going to like this pick....

I don't remember the game, but I was rooting against Ole Miss and McCulster won them the game. I was so made too...I don't even remember who was playing against them, but I know I didn't want Ole Miss to win.

He is something special.

endzonewillie
04-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Ole Miss won 2 Cotton bowls and McCluster is the reason why as he was mvp of both of those cotton bowls he played in. He is going to bring us a ton of excitement and it will be fun to watch. I can't wait. I already created the draft picks in Madden and have all players in position. Dexter has been scoring like a mad man in my ps2 lol.

AussieChiefsFan
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM
One thing that kind of disappointed a lot of scouts and draft type people was McCluster's overall 40 yard dash time. They thought he'd be in the 4.3 range and he ended up running a 4.58 and 4.46 at his pro day.

Here's the scary thing though. His 10 yard split, or how fast he runs the first 10 yards of the 40, clocked in at 1.52 seconds. That's a hundreth of a second faster than DeSean Jackson, one of the fastest players in the NFL! His 20 yard split is only 4 hundreths slower than Jackson at 2.56.

So basically, while McCluster seems to lack great top end speed, he reaches it extremely fast, and being his size he is able to turn on a dime. Image this guy running a 10 yard In route from the slot. He is 10 yards downfield in 1.52 seconds, already making his break. So, basically if Cassel can survive in the pocket for 2 seconds, McCluster is already ready to be receiving the ball!

Sorry, got a little nerdy there. But hopefully this excites somebody other than me. I can't wait to see this guy on the field!
It sure excites me!! I think It'll give cassel a new option if he is being pressured in the pocket.

AkChief49
04-27-2010, 07:01 AM
I was reading on another site about this guy. It was brought up that McCluster put up 225lbs. 20 times. He is 175 lbs. The bigger Terence Cody(NT) only did it 22 times and weighs around 350. Nice power to weight ratio!!!

yashi
04-27-2010, 07:11 AM
I was reading on another site about this guy. It was brought up that McCluster put up 225lbs. 20 times. He is 175 lbs. The bigger Terence Cody(NT) only did it 22 times and weighs around 350. Nice power to weight ratio!!!

Yup, it's incredible. It really explains how his size doesn't hold him back at all despite the fact that he is going to be the smallest guy on the field every time he's out there.

Granted it's a little easier to bench press when you have the arm length of a 5'8" guy than a 6'5", but he's definitely amazingly strong for his size.

KCraised
04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I am with most of you all on here. At first I was stunned and then I saw the highlights and man, this guy is crazy fast. Also, he is a class act, Christian, leader and has a wonderful testimony:
YouTube- Dexter McCluster's Testimony (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsGL1lbmHk)

Looks like an exceptional young man...:chiefs:

Ryfo18
04-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm only concerned about his size, especially for a slot WR. I can just see him getting annihlated going over the middle.

hometeam
04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Hell put on some bulk, and be close to the same size as alot of slot wrs albeit shorter and stouter

Boobcrack
04-27-2010, 01:52 PM
I enjoyed the pick of McMluster so much that I came up with a saying for him. Dexter is going to cause defences a McCluster F**K. I apologize if I offend you.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Looks like an exceptional young man...:chiefs:

while I try not to make a big deal out of someone who shares my faith (after all this is just football), it's comforting to hear someone talk like that. It certainly doesn't appear as though he'll be drinking and driving, drinking and raping, drinking and shooting himself in the leg, or any of the other host of off-the-field nightmares other teams have dealt with recently.

Three7s
04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I think McCluster's size is just fine. Desean Jackson isn't much bigger or taller, and look how good he is.

Bike
04-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I enjoyed the pick of McMluster so much that I came up with a saying for him. Dexter is going to cause defences a McCluster F**K. I apologize if I offend you.
With the screen name of boobcrack - I don't think there is any need to apologize... :bananen_smilies046:

endzonewillie
04-28-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm only concerned about his size, especially for a slot WR. I can just see him getting annihlated going over the middle.
I don't doubt his size at all. Welker is very similiar to McCluster in size yet he has been going over the middle his entire career. With Dexter's speed he can get out there and catch the ball so quickly the second level defense will barely have a chance to react to it let alone lay a smacking hit on him.The concern I have is that he may be so fast off the snap that Cassell won't be ready to throw it fast enough making it easier for LB's to read the play.

Chiefster
04-28-2010, 02:30 AM
This is what I like best about this kid.

YouTube- Dexter McCluster's Testimony

yashi
04-28-2010, 06:23 AM
I don't doubt his size at all. Welker is very similiar to McCluster in size yet he has been going over the middle his entire career. With Dexter's speed he can get out there and catch the ball so quickly the second level defense will barely have a chance to react to it let alone lay a smacking hit on him.The concern I have is that he may be so fast off the snap that Cassell won't be ready to throw it fast enough making it easier for LB's to read the play.

Haha sounds like a good problem to have. Just have him run a 15 yard route instead of 10.