PDA

View Full Version : Just a question.

Bosco
04-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Should the chiefs try to go after a LT still. Like Jared Gaither from the ravens or Jammal Brown from the saints. :efpge:

yashi
04-29-2010, 10:09 AM
I like Gaither. If we can get him for a good price, then definitely. I kind of think the Ravens aren't going to trade him though.

Bosco
04-29-2010, 10:18 AM
He hasnt signed his tender yet. Do you think he is worth a first round pick?

hometeam
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM
uh no. Branden Albert is still young, and improved last year, we have a good young LT prospect. no reason to throw that away.

yashi
04-29-2010, 10:34 AM
uh no. Branden Albert is still young, and improved last year, we have a good young LT prospect. no reason to throw that away.

meh.. Gaither is young too (younger actually), and an elite LT right now. Nothing would be thrown away, we still need a RT. Branden can play there. I don't pass up a chance at a young, elite player because I believe my player might get better.

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, but I'd trade a 2nd for him.

bwilliams
04-29-2010, 10:42 AM
meh.. Gaither is young too (younger actually), and an elite LT right now. Nothing would be thrown away, we still need a RT. Branden can play there. I don't pass up a chance at a young, elite player because I believe my player might get better.

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him, but I'd trade a 2nd for him.

I agree, but I think it's a moot point. The Ravens, if they trade Gaither, lose one of their starting OTs. They may have done it pre-draft when they could draft his replacement, but they won't do it now.

Jamaal Brown is likelier, though he'd probably only worth a 4th or 5th, and we'd probably play him on the right side.

Like it or not (and you can guess which one of those fits me), our current GM/HC really believe Albert is our long-term solution at LT.

Bosco
04-29-2010, 11:23 AM
If we can get gaither for a 2nd round pick there is no doubt we should get him.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Left tackle is STILL a need for this team.

70 chiefsfan70
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I like Gaither. If we can get him for a good price, then definitely. I kind of think the Ravens aren't going to trade him though.

I AGREE, IMO the Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC in 2010, therefore I don't see them making big changes, especially now that the draft is over, a trade won't help them this year.

........And next year (2011)the chiefs will beat them in the playoffs.Thet won't trade with us.:D

Seek
04-29-2010, 12:50 PM

That is a matter of opinion. People see the Chiefs improving the second half of the season, and i see our schedule being easier the second half with a few other varibles that helped like J. Charles and Chambers. Those variable made Albert better, but I am not comfortable relying on him being the LT. The same could be said for Rt. I would rather we get a much more proven LT and move Albert (who is an upgrade at RT) to RT to answer two questions with one move.

I think Pioli believes that if you sign enough O -lineman either late in the rounds or through UFA, you will find an adequate starter. That is how they did in NE and already showed that with this years UFA rookie signings.

buffman316
04-29-2010, 02:05 PM
I would like to give Albert another year, to see how he does with a couple of better players around him, ie Lilja. I would certainly not give up a first round pick for a LT at this point.

Ryfo18
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm willing to give BA another year. The coaching staff seems to think he's coming around. It's quite a transition from RG to LT.

matthewschiefs
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Albert should get anther year. He like Dorsey is going into his 3rd season. Thats a good year to see what you got in a player. I think he and Dorsey are going to show why they were 1st round picks.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Like it or not (and you can guess which one of those fits me), our current GM/HC really believe Albert is our long-term solution at LT.

Albert played at a high level his rookie year.

16 games, and he did well. not just adequate - good.

so he is capable of playing at a high level.

Left tackle is NOT a pressing need, but I would say that offensive line still is. If that means getting a legit right tackle, then great. if it means getting a legit left tackle and moving albert then great.

I have no loyalty to albert at left tackle, but if he is kept there and we find another player to solidify the line, then I am fine with it.

Again, I think that Waters and Wiegmann will not be on the roster next season. We still need to find an interior lineman to take over, and that could easily be Albert.

bwilliams
04-29-2010, 03:15 PM

Left tackle is NOT a pressing need, but I would say that offensive line still is. If that means getting a legit right tackle, then great. if it means getting a legit left tackle and moving albert then great.

I have no loyalty to albert at left tackle, but if he is kept there and we find another player to solidify the line, then I am fine with it.

Again, I think that Waters and Wiegmann will not be on the roster next season. We still need to find an interior lineman to take over, and that could easily be Albert.

Sorry, I just don't see it. I mean, even comparing him to other 1st round LTs drafted over the past two years, and he comes up short. Albert had led (or close to it) the NFL in holding penalties for the past two years.

We've had five QBs under center since Albert began as our LT (Croyle, Thigpen, Huard, Gray, and Cassel), and all have been sacked and harassed nonstop from the left side (well, the right one too). Thigpen came closest to surviving behind our OL, but only because he scrambled left and right.

I understand those people who want to give him another year. Which sounds great except that a QB has a difficult time staying healthy with Albert at LT. He might make the jump betwen years 2 and 3, but you're risking a lot in hoping that,

pbatrucker
04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
The Ravens are trying to light a fire under Gaithers big but. He's talented but lazy, does not want to work. My son lives in Baltimore, had season tickets since he was knee high to a grass hopper. He says Gaither is good, but can be a "*****" sometimes.

yashi
04-29-2010, 05:17 PM
The Ravens are trying to light a fire under Gaithers big but. He's talented but lazy, does not want to work. My son lives in Baltimore, had season tickets since he was knee high to a grass hopper. He says Gaither is good, but can be a "*****" sometimes.

This is the impression I've been getting as well. I don't think they ever had any intention of trading him.

nychiefsfan58
04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
:chiefs:
Should the chiefs try to go after a LT still. Like Jared Gaither from the ravens or Jammal Brown from the saints. :efpge:no leave the line alone

Drunker Hillbilly
04-29-2010, 06:42 PM

Not really sure which Albert you were watching but it certainly wasn't the same one I was. I watched the one that gave up many sacks and was called for a penalty more times than I want to count! His position will be filled or he will be moved by the end of the season IMO.

chief31
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Not really sure which Albert you were watching but it certainly wasn't the same one I was. I watched the one that gave up many sacks and was called for a penalty more times than I want to count! His position will be filled or he will be moved by the end of the season IMO.

DH, I often think that you are wrong. This time, I can't say that. But I reeeeeeaaaalllly hope you are.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-29-2010, 10:14 PM
DH, I often think that you are wrong. This time, I can't say that. But I reeeeeeaaaalllly hope you are.
You just need to rethink things when this happens. LOL:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
04-30-2010, 05:08 AM
You just need to rethink things when this happens. LOL:bananen_smilies046:
Let me start... Larry Johnson is really a pretty decent... NAH! :lol:

chiefnut
04-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Gaither would be a serious upgrade for this O line. we have made improvements thru additions and even Albert has played better. right now i'd say we went from a bad O line to an average one, w/Gaither we become a good one. that's worth a trade for a #2 pk

matthewschiefs
04-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Let me start... Larry Johnson is really a pretty decent... NAH! :lol:

who?

Seek
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM

I disagree about Alberts rookie season. They went through two QB's until a scrambling QB left the pocket a majority of the time by design to help remedy the poor offensive line play by all players on that line.

yashi
05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
And don't forget we were playing in a gimmick offense most of that season. The entire line, Albert included, was dreadful until the switch to the Pistol Spread when Thigpen took over.

Chiefster
05-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Should the chiefs try to go after a LT still. Like Jared Gaither from the ravens or Jammal Brown from the saints. :efpge:

Yes...No...Maybe...I don't know...Oh, it's just so complicated! :D

figcrostic
05-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Personally I think we need a RT more then a LT.