PDA

View Full Version : Raiders release Jamarcus Russel

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Oakland Raiders release JaMarcus Russell - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5168757)

Hey! I think we just found our new nose tackle!

josh1971
05-06-2010, 07:31 PM
This isn't a surprise- haven't they been rumbling about this for a while? I loathe the raiders a lot, but hopefully he'll go to another team with a system that doesn't eat talent. We'll see.

I mean... maybe he HAS no talent.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-06-2010, 07:37 PM
No surprise, no. But it's nice to see Oakland make it official: worst bust in NFL history.

yashi
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I was really hoping he'd be stinking it up for the Raiders for a long time.

70 chiefsfan70
05-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Oakland Raiders release JaMarcus Russell - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5168757)

HA HA HA HA
As bad as some say our NT"s are there's a big chance he'd make the team!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I say give him the football and sic Javi on him. I hear Javi can smell a football from a 100 yards. :bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
05-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe the Broncos will pick him up?

matthewschiefs
05-06-2010, 09:25 PM
No surprise, no. But it's nice to see Oakland make it official: worst bust in NFL history.

Ummm its close with him and Leaf. I would have to say Leaf was more of a bust.

honda522
05-06-2010, 09:53 PM
NOOOOO!

Come on! Give J-bust a chance. Maybe he can go to the Chargers or Broncos next!

hometeam
05-06-2010, 11:23 PM
too bad, they should have kept him for another 5 years, its automatic wins for us with him in there!

KCINNYC
05-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't think there is anyone that TRULY understands the deep, deep, deep hatred for Oakland like us. I hate them so much I am tempted to register on their fan forum site just so I can tell them HA HA. But we have class, us Chiefs fans so I will resist rubbing it in their deserved faces. You know, even though the Chiefs were 4-12 and even though we are three years from our Super Bowl Championship, my soul dances a little bit when I see the Raiders fail. I have said it before: Al Davis IS evil. Reptillian Shapeshifter perhaps. :) Death to the Raiders. Long live the Chiefs.

Ryfo18
05-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I say bring him in...We wouldn't have to pay him much, he's still got some guaranteed money the Raiders are on the hook for. At the very least he could be a solid FB.

PawnshopMarimba
05-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Ba ha ha. They finally gave up on Todd Maravich 2.0.
Who's gonna gamble on this guy? I imagine several teams might given the squad he was raised in is an utter failure and his epic fail may have been influence by bad coaching. I don't expect him to ever be a full-time starter again, though.

70 chiefsfan70
05-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Thank you, Chief31 for fixing my post, don't know what I did wrong but I couldn't fix it.

Chiefs ROCK, and so do our Mods!

Chiefster
05-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Ba ha ha. They finally gave up on Todd Maravich 2.0.
Who's gonna gamble on this guy? I imagine several teams might given the squad he was raised in is an utter failure and his epic fail may have been influence by bad coaching. I don't expect him to ever be a full-time starter again, though.

Quoted for truth.

rbedgood
05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
He was a bust, but no worse than

1) Ryan Leaf (as mentioned)
2) Tim Couch
3) Jim Drukenmiller (worst 49er pick ever)
4) Heath Shuler
5) Most any other Florida QB
6) Is it too early to add Tebow to this list?

yashi
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I think Russell is the biggest bust of all time given the fact that he was a #1 overall pick and the amount of money involved.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
No other quarterback taken #1 overall and signed by that team has been cut earlier than Russel.

Highest pick + size of contract + number of wins (7) + QB rating + length of time in city that drafted him = biggest bust of all time.

Still, it's nice to know that another AFC West rival has a close second!

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-07-2010, 02:36 PM
He was a bust, but no worse than

1) Ryan Leaf (as mentioned)
2) Tim Couch
3) Jim Drukenmiller (worst 49er pick ever)
4) Heath Shuler
5) Most any other Florida QB
6) Is it too early to add Tebow to this list?

leaf, russel, and now tebow.

Love it.

Seek
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
I think Russell is the biggest bust of all time given the fact that he was a #1 overall pick and the amount of money involved.

I have to give the biggest bust to Ryan Leaf. He only won 4 games in 4 years, and was worse in all stats. Also consider that Russell played for the Raiders... that team would find ways to suck.

Jamarcus Russell:
4083 yds 18 tds 23 ints 52.1 comp% 65.2 rating

Ryan Leaf:
3666 yds 14 tds 36 ints 48.4 comp% 50.0 rating

AkChief49
05-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Leaf.......Russell = what did the leaves name their kid?:lol: :D :mooning:

tornadospotter
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't think there is anyone that TRULY understands the deep, deep, deep hatred for Oakland like us. I hate them so much I am tempted to register on their fan forum site just so I can tell them HA HA. But we have class, us Chiefs fans so I will resist rubbing it in their deserved faces. You know, even though the Chiefs were 4-12 and even though we are three years from our Super Bowl Championship, my soul dances a little bit when I see the Raiders fail. I have said it before: Al Davis IS evil. Reptillian Shapeshifter perhaps. :) Death to the Raiders. Long live the Chiefs.
I say Long Live Al Davis, he is the best owner of a hated rival! :D

rbedgood
05-08-2010, 01:44 AM
No other quarterback taken #1 overall and signed by that team has been cut earlier than Russel.

Highest pick + size of contract + number of wins (7) + QB rating + length of time in city that drafted him = biggest bust of all time.

Still, it's nice to know that another AFC West rival has a close second!

While I see your point, some of these others have been royal busts on the field to even a greater degree than Russell. Frankly at this point Russell might find a team that can turn him around still. The story is over on the others.

Just as an example Drukenmiller was a late 1st round pick, but he only even played in 6 games, and couldn't even get a starting gig in the Arena Football League. Now that's a BUST.

captainamerica
05-08-2010, 02:13 AM
I have to give the biggest bust to Ryan Leaf. He only won 4 games in 4 years, and was worse in all stats. Also consider that Russell played for the Raiders... that team would find ways to suck.

Jamarcus Russell:
4083 yds 18 tds 23 ints 52.1 comp% 65.2 rating

Ryan Leaf:
3666 yds 14 tds 36 ints 48.4 comp% 50.0 rating
Jamarcus Russell may have put up slightly better numbers, but he was also a bigger financial burden to his team. Also Ryan Leaf can minorly attribute injury woes to some of his poor numbers, Russell can't do the same. On top of all that Russell was chosen #1 overall, while Leaf was chosen #2 overall. I think for these reasons that argument can be made that Jamarcus was the bigger bust.

AussieChiefsFan
05-08-2010, 06:56 AM

Finally they released him!!! Not suprised.

chief31
05-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Thank you, Chief31 for fixing my post, don't know what I did wrong but I couldn't fix it.

What happens in alot of quotes is that you select a section to put in boldface, and the first couple of characters in the end-quote (the "[" and the "/") also get bolded. That turns them into a part of the text, as opposed to serving the function they were meant for. But You're welcome. :D

If you look below, you will see that I have done this as an example...

Chiefster
05-08-2010, 05:57 PM
What happens in alot of quotes is that you select a section to put in boldface, and the first couple of characters in the end-quote (the "[" and the "/") also get bolded. That turns them into a part of the text, as opposed to serving the function they were meant for. But You're welcome. :D

If you look below, you will see that I have done this as an example...

There ya go again; giving plausible explanations as to what goes wrong and why. :D

KCINNYC
05-11-2010, 10:48 AM
JaMarcus Russell - SAS Wiki (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=JaMarcus_Russell)

Ha ha ha ha ha the movie at the bottom is priceless.

Chiefster
05-12-2010, 12:03 AM
JaMarcus Russell - SAS Wiki (http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=JaMarcus_Russell)

Ha ha ha ha ha the movie at the bottom is priceless.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hilarious!