PDA

View Full Version : Best position on the team

NWA Chief
05-08-2010, 04:45 AM
Can't sleep, getting my undergraduate degree tonite.....so I thought I would start a thread.

What position is KC's best strength?

I like the looks of our OL and RB's.
Charles and Jones- make a solid 1-2 punch

Oline- If they play like they did last year, it could be pretty solid. I really don't care what any person feels about our OL. They caught on and were very productive once they found chemistry.

What do you think?

AussieChiefsFan
05-08-2010, 06:54 AM
I think RB and S!

yashi
05-08-2010, 08:38 AM
RB for sure. I don't think I can consider OL a strength until I see the improvement with my own eyes. One safety position is a strength for sure. :D

toyotapower
05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
don't forget about cb

Canada
05-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Defensive Backfield/Safety

Rbs on the offense

jb908
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Congratulations and good luck getting your degree this evening. I just got mine in January from Rutgers in New Jersey. I am not sure if you were a full time student... But if you were, be prepared. 9 to 5 every day of the week is TERRIBLE. I was so happy when I left school. After a week I wanted to go back.

If you don't mind, what did you major in? If your interested, I majored in Marketing and Information Systems. I landed a pretty sweet job, but SCHOOL WAS THE HIGH LIFE!

On to the question...
I personally think the Chiefs are 100% set at.
QB - had my doubts, but he was awesome last year. Not his fault he was getting killed and throwing to butter fingers.
3 Solid CB's - Enough said
Both sides of the D-Line - Dorsey and Jackson are good.
In the Backfield - I am more than happy with Page. I will also make the prediction Berry will transition in and be a good fit this year with no question of weakness. Usually takes a couple years to become a star.
I like Corey Mays and Tamba at Linebacker. Vrabel - obvious huge player, but we will need to plan for his departure.
Finally - Charles will be a nasty running back this year.
Now i forgot the question, but i think it was to pick one player.

Charles would be my one locked down position.

wichitaj
05-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Quarterback

chiefnut
05-08-2010, 12:49 PM
based on last year rb & cb
after the draft & free agency, rb, cb, s, O line??? the O line will be, is, so much improved over last year you may call it a strength

loyalchief91
05-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Rb.. hands down Thomas Jones, Jammal Charles! 1-2 Punch

matthewschiefs
05-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I would have to agree RB on offense and I think we are looking pretty good at QB but will need to see this season before i can say 100% sure on that

defense its defently the backfield. although i am hopeing to see the defensive front step it up and become a plus on defense.

bbsplash
05-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Kicker

chief31
05-08-2010, 04:43 PM

This.

Hayvern
05-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Can't sleep, getting my undergraduate degree tonite.....so I thought I would start a thread.

What position is KC's best strength?

I like the looks of our OL and RB's.
Charles and Jones- make a solid 1-2 punch

Oline- If they play like they did last year, it could be pretty solid. I really don't care what any person feels about our OL. They caught on and were very productive once they found chemistry.

What do you think?

Kind of funny that you would say that you don't care what someone would say about the offensive line and then ask for their thoughts on the subject. Which is it, do you care or not?

In case you do care. I will say that I think our OL has improved. I do not believe we have the offensive line we should have to be a contender, but we have improved the line and that is good news.

Running back is good, I just hope teams have not had enough chance to figure out how to stop Charles this season. I think by adding Jones, we added a level of concern that will keep most teams offguard.

I also believe our Defensive backfield is pretty good. Behind the running backs, the defensive backs are the next best thing. I think you will see Flowers and Carr working so much better this year and if Berry comes in and plays like everyone expects him to, it can only help. I still believe Jarrod Page is the weakness at that position. I would have felt a lot better if we still had Pollard and Page had been released. It is interesting that Page has still not been resigned he may not be back.

Ryfo18
05-08-2010, 06:15 PM
I definitely say that our RBs are the best position on the team.

Chiefster
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Best position on the team

Well this depends widely upon...Nah I can't; it's just too easy. :lol:

Bike
05-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Based on last year -
Offense - Charles
Defense - Hali

wichitaj
05-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Well this depends widely upon...Nah I can't; it's just too easy. :lol:

missionary

NWA Chief
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
By the way, I got my degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in MGMT. It's not from Rutgers but it is a degree.

What's crazy to me is that when I watch old Arizona games, I don't see the same offense as I do with KC now. Haley has a completely different scheme for KC.
I understand that he has a completely different set of players to work with here, but I don't see much of anything like he did in ARI. Maybe it's the lack of WR's here that he was blessed with there or the RB's he has here compared to............Edgerrin James. ugh

jason1981
05-09-2010, 12:40 AM
our best position filled is punter,running back, Defense backfield, then kicker. you have to incluse special teams in this to

matthewschiefs
05-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Kicker

Kind of forgot about kicker. I think we are also pretty good in the kicker and punter spots. :chiefs:

wildcat
05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I would have to say NT...just kidding. I couldn't resist.

Seriously, I would have to agree with most of the other posts which have stated RB.

kckidd8870
05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I agree,are OL looked solid the last 5 or 6 games.Are running backs will have good years.Expecially with addition of little Mccluster to the mix.You will never now were he is going to line up.I also think if D-Bowe has a productive year.That will add to the pressure and make are RB"S even better.

yashi
05-09-2010, 01:27 PM
If Bowe can have a 1000 yard season and cut back on the drops that would be HUGE for the offense, given the number of weapons we have now. He's been kind of an afterthought this offseason.

stricken721
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Running Backs, Defensive Backs, and if you want to consider them a "position" we could include coaching.

figcrostic
05-10-2010, 04:43 PM

Gotta agree Jones was a great and surprising pick up.

chiefnut
05-12-2010, 01:12 PM
If Bowe can have a 1000 yard season and cut back on the drops that would be HUGE for the offense, given the number of weapons we have now. He's been kind of an afterthought this offseason.

i can still remember Bowe at the combines in that drill where the ball guns fire at the receiver as he turns in a circle. Bowe caught everything and was challenging them to go faster. i was impressed...where or where has that guy gone????

matthewschiefs
05-12-2010, 02:07 PM
i can still remember Bowe at the combines in that drill where the ball guns fire at the receiver as he turns in a circle. Bowe caught everything and was challenging them to go faster. i was impressed...where or where has that guy gone????

Maybe after he got his money the love for football died. I don't no but I would love to see that guy back.

D3fault
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM

i wonder if he is an after thought because didn't him and haley have issues at the beginning of the year last year... wondering if that was a cause for his lack of production... wonder if that could be something... or not... just sayin'... thoughts....

btw, i think eric berry is going to be B.A. but i agree that our rb are the top notch on the team... :chiefs:

pbatrucker
05-13-2010, 07:53 AM
i wonder if he is an after thought because didn't him and haley have issues at the beginning of the year last year... wondering if that was a cause for his lack of production... wonder if that could be something... or not... just sayin'... thoughts....

btw, i think eric berry is going to be B.A. but i agree that our rb are the top notch on the team... :chiefs:
Bowe had a long talk with Fitzgerld last year and understood that Haley has his best interest at heart. It's just a matter of him learning to run good routes and improve his concentration/

Coach
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
our best position filled is punter,running back, Defense backfield, then kicker. you have to incluse special teams in this to

I agree with this. Add in coaching staff.

KristofLaw
06-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Ownership / coaching staff / half backs / special teams....