PDA

View Full Version : That Kool Aide is working!

pbatrucker
05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Chiefs CB Brandon Carr Talks About The 'Positive Vibe' Around Arrowhead - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/5/12/1469763/chiefs-cb-brandon-carr-talks-about#comments)

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Chiefs CB Brandon Carr Talks About The 'Positive Vibe' Around Arrowhead - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/5/12/1469763/chiefs-cb-brandon-carr-talks-about#comments)

Same story, different year.

buffman316
05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
If you read the comments that people wrote under that story you will see several tweets from Berry, Carr and others. They are developing a really good chemistry.
There is a buzz about this team that we clearly have not seen in three years. In fact last year, even the team acknowledged that 2009 was a transition year. Things appear to be moving in the right direction with a revamped coaching staff, great off season and draft, new stadium and easier schedule. The optimism is certainly different than it has been in a few years.

wildcat
05-13-2010, 11:30 AM

Not to knock Tony, but in the past couple of years I remember hearing a lot about how our team leaders were unhappy that our team was rebuilding or they were complaining about their role, their paycheck, or the coach.

Pioli and Haley have either gotten those guys to buy in and be quiet (i.e. Brian Waters) or gotten rid of them (i.e. LJ and TG).

Having a positive culture that leads to belief in the system and what the organization's leaders are doing is something that has to happen if things are going to turn around. Reading about our team building good chemistry like this is encouraging to me. I respectfully disagree with your statement. I do not think this is the same as in years past.

matthewschiefs
05-13-2010, 11:42 AM

I dont think you can say this with this team. The past few years we have lost a key part to this team becuse they did not think this team was going anywere. Go all the way back to when Trent Green wanted to be traded. Then Jarad Allen then Tony G. This is different. We have people wanting to come to KC not looking for the 1st plane out. Things are changeing and thats a good thing.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Same post, different thread.

What possible satisfaction do you get from coming on a Chiefs discussion board and just complaining about everything? If you think it's such a hopeless cause, then why are you here? I just don't understand it.

Offer something, anything. Information, a point of view, research. don't just crap up a thread with unsubstantiated b!tching.

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Same post, different thread.

What possible satisfaction do you get from coming on a Chiefs discussion board and just complaining about everything? If you think it's such a hopeless cause, then why are you here? I just don't understand it.

Offer something, anything. Information, a point of view, research. don't just crap up a thread with unsubstantiated b!tching.

No one cares what you think, least of all me. If you don't like what I write, put me on ignore.

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I dont think you can say this with this team. The past few years we have lost a key part to this team becuse they did not think this team was going anywere. Go all the way back to when Trent Green wanted to be traded. Then Jarad Allen then Tony G. This is different. We have people wanting to come to KC not looking for the 1st plane out. Things are changeing and thats a good thing.

Come on. Around this time of year, every single team that didn't win the Super Bowl comes out with a story about how this year is going to be different. How everyone is more enthusiastic and in better spirits than ever before. You just shouldn't put stock in that sort of stuff.

You are right that we don't have players publicly demanding to be traded, but neither did we in May last year. Let's wait until August or so before we declare everyone happy. I mean, I could see Bowe, Dorsey, or DJ wanting out if they're bumped down the depth chart, couldn't you?

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-13-2010, 01:36 PM
No one cares what you think, least of all me. If you don't like what I write, put me on ignore.

Wow, I bet you just level the kids on the playground with that kind of smack.

It's not "what I think."

You just offer absolutely zero interesting, worthwhile perspective. Your contribute absolutely nothing, except providing a viable antagonist to annoy the general public.

At the end of the day, though, at least I think, regardless of who cares. Based on your posts, it's a hell of a lot more than anyone can say for you.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Of course, you are right, though.

Welcome to ignore.

70 chiefsfan70
05-13-2010, 01:56 PM

What a negative and hopeless joy zapper!:sign0178:

Let me quess, you are in disquise, and your favorite teams rymes with faiders, farchers and froncos.

My chiefs are not perfect, and yes they have big needs, but they will win games this year.:chiefs:

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Of course, you are right, though.

Welcome to ignore.

Too bad. I'll miss our talks.

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 02:38 PM
What a negative and hopeless joy zapper!:sign0178:

Let me quess, you are in disquise, and your favorite teams rymes with faiders, farchers and froncos.

My chiefs are not perfect, and yes they have big needs, but they will win games this year.:chiefs:

I know it's against the rules of the forum to call someone an idiot, but as you're mocking my fanhood, I feel pretty safe in saying you're a moron.

There's a difference between pointing out we get the same regurgitated stories every single year, and saying the team isn't good, you moron.

There's a difference between saying we had a bad offseason and that our team sucks, you moron.

There's a difference between worrying about how our team is going to do and rooting for other teams, you moron.

This stuff isn't that hard. Get it through your pumpkin-shaped head.

wildcat
05-13-2010, 04:33 PM
That's too bad. This thread had potential to be an interesting one. I have a feeling it is about to get closed.

bwilliams - I understand your frustration, but I really think things are starting to turn around in KC. It's unlikely that we will win a SB this year, but in another year or two we have a real shot at contending. Be patient.

pbatrucker
05-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Personally it's exciting that the team is coming together. It's nice having excitement about the coming season. It's been far to long since we've had a reason to be excited.
BWillims, I realize Pioli and Haley don't have your experience at building a franchise, but most of us think they are doing a pretty good job. No they haven't drafted every player I thought would help us, but then again I have enough common sense to know they are the PROFESSIONALS and spend many hours of the day earning there money.

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 05:48 PM
That's too bad. This thread had potential to be an interesting one. I have a feeling it is about to get closed.

bwilliams - I understand your frustration, but I really think things are starting to turn around in KC. It's unlikely that we will win a SB this year, but in another year or two we have a real shot at contending. Be patient.

It is extremely possible that we'll turn things around and shortly. I'm not saying differently!

I wasn't trying to turn this into a thread about this offseason. I just found this story funny. Is there a team in the league right now where players aren't saying how much everything's coming together much better than the previous year? It's the same story every single team hears this time of year.

bwilliams
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Personally it's exciting that the team is coming together. It's nice having excitement about the coming season. It's been far to long since we've had a reason to be excited.
BWillims, I realize Pioli and Haley don't have your experience at building a franchise, but most of us think they are doing a pretty good job. No they haven't drafted every player I thought would help us, but then again I have enough common sense to know they are the PROFESSIONALS and spend many hours of the day earning there money.

I know a lot of people disagree with me. And you know what? One of us is right about how this offseason went. We'll only find out which one when they start playing the games.

And just because someone is a GM doesn't mean they're a *good* GM. Herm Edwards was a PROFESSIONAL and he spent many hours of the day earning his money. Didn't mean he was building a winner.

Canada
05-13-2010, 06:17 PM
I wasn't trying to turn this into a thread about this offseason.

No, you were trying to turn itinto a name calling sissy thread!! :sign0087:

Bike
05-13-2010, 07:28 PM

You would never do such thing! :sFl_canada2:

matthewschiefs
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Come on. Around this time of year, every single team that didn't win the Super Bowl comes out with a story about how this year is going to be different. How everyone is more enthusiastic and in better spirits than ever before. You just shouldn't put stock in that sort of stuff.

You are right that we don't have players publicly demanding to be traded, but neither did we in May last year. Let's wait until August or so before we declare everyone happy. I mean, I could see Bowe, Dorsey, or DJ wanting out if they're bumped down the depth chart, couldn't you?

Your right its not August yet and some guys could still want out. The point I was makeing is that by THIS time the last few seasons theres been at least one guy who has PUBLICLY wanted out. It did not take till August. Last season Tony G wanted out WAY before May. The fact that we dont have anyone this year is a step in the right direction.

All 32 teams will have guys that will feel they should be higher on the depth charts we are no diffrent. But right now there is not already a line to get out of KC. And that is IMPORVEMENT.

Ryfo18
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Butthead

KristofLaw
05-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Around this time of year, every single team that didn't win the Super Bowl comes out with a story about how this year is going to be different. How everyone is more enthusiastic and in better spirits than ever before. You just shouldn't put stock in that sort of stuff.

Why not? Some people have an optimistic outlook regardless.... what's wrong with that?

Connie Jo
05-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Not to knock Tony, but in the past couple of years I remember hearing a lot about how our team leaders were unhappy that our team was rebuilding or they were complaining about their role, their paycheck, or the coach.

Pioli and Haley have either gotten those guys to buy in and be quiet (i.e. Brian Waters) or gotten rid of them (i.e. LJ and TG).

Having a positive culture that leads to belief in the system and what the organization's leaders are doing is something that has to happen if things are going to turn around. Reading about our team building good chemistry like this is encouraging to me. I respectfully disagree with your statement. I do not think this is the same as in years past.

:punk: REP!!

Connie Jo
05-14-2010, 01:51 AM

I can not help but wonder if you are as pessimistic and negative about all aspects of your life? I don't think I've read a positive post from you yet. I hope you smile more than you frown in your daily life! You'll live longer! :D

Besides, I want you to be alive and well when our Chiefs go to the Super Bowl so I can razz ya big time with 'I told ya so's!' HA! :)

:chiefs:

chief31
05-14-2010, 03:21 AM
While it was a negative-only statement, (Same story), the point he makes is valid.

Every team coming off a bad season has these kind of stories throughout the offseason.

However, I definitely feel like things are looking much brighter than the past few years.

I was discouraged by some of the positions that we did not address in the draft, and offseason (so far), in general. But it is quite possible that several positions could be improved through better coching, more experience and a better general atmosphere around the team. If the improvement were only enough to turn a weakness into less of a weakness, and other areas of the team make significant improvements, then the team may, well, make a major improvement in the "W" column.

I do not invest in "faith". But, if McCluster winds up being a good quick passing option, then that, in itself, could make the LOT position look far better by eliminating the number of times our QB is caught waiting for something downfield to open up. That is a very legitimate possibility.

It is also very much possible that a significant improvement to pass coverage could directly translate into more pressure on opposing QBs. That, and a year of experience at the position could get Hali and others more comfortable in pass-rushing.

Do I think that that is extremely likely? No. But I most certainly see it as far from impossible.

The same could be seen within our run defense.

Does a young talented FS make a big improvement to the run defense? Probably not.

But is it possible that a DB can be afforded to help support against the run, due to a trust is fewer playes in coverage? Sure.

Do Dorsey, Jackson and others have a chance to play better as they have grown more comfortable with their assignments? Of course.

We do have alot of elements that MIGHT make legitimate improvements to the areas of this team that seemed to have needed personell upgrades, but didn't get them.

Again, I do not have faith, nor trust, that those things will happen. But you have to be able to see that they could happen.

It's alot of "mights" and "maybes". But it's also alot of "possibles".

Canada
05-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Wow, surprise surprise....you agree with the negative posts!!

How is it a valid point that he said "Same story, Different Year" Have you honestly heard this kid ofstuff coming out of Arrowhead the last three years? If you think you have, you may want to check what team you have been following

bwilliams
05-14-2010, 10:07 AM

How is it a valid point that he said "Same story, Different Year" Have you honestly heard this kid ofstuff coming out of Arrowhead the last three years? If you think you have, you may want to check what team you have been following

Um, yes, this stuff's been coming out of arrowhead for years. Remember last year at camps? How everyone was excited by the new schemes and training regimen? Remember the year before, how they were a bunch of young guys ho were going to prove themselves? Remember the year before, where we were going to try to replicate our playoff success? Or the year before, when Herm started and the Whitlocks of the world said we were going 16-0?

Are people's memories really that short?

KCINNYC
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Um, yes, this stuff's been coming out of arrowhead for years. Remember last year at camps? How everyone was excited by the new schemes and training regimen? Remember the year before, how they were a bunch of young guys ho were going to prove themselves? Remember the year before, where we were going to try to replicate our playoff success? Or the year before, when Herm started and the Whitlocks of the world said we were going 16-0?

Are people's memories really that short?

DUDE. It has gotten rediculous. Your posts are so Anti Chiefs, its just sad. You make everyone else feel worse. Your posts serve no purpose. You do nothing to better the morale of your fellow fans. You offer no hope or even positive insight. I think its time you found a new team. We are ALL sick of your posts. I hope you have great success in your personal life, and this isn't personal. But seriously you are doing nothing but pouring salt everyday. If I see another thread started by you, I refuse to read it. If I see another post by you, I will ignore it.

bwilliams
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
DUDE. It has gotten rediculous. Your posts are so Anti Chiefs, its just sad. You make everyone else feel worse. Your posts serve no purpose. You do nothing to better the morale of your fellow fans. You offer no hope or even positive insight. I think its time you found a new team. We are ALL sick of your posts. I hope you have great success in your personal life, and this isn't personal. But seriously you are doing nothing but pouring salt everyday. If I see another thread started by you, I refuse to read it. If I see another post by you, I will ignore it.

I'm not begging anyone to read what I write. There's an ignore function if you don't want to.

And to be blunt, I don't care about anyone's morale. I care about whether the Chiefs win football games. That's it. I would trade every single person's morale on this board for a championship.

If people want to feel wonderful about how our team has done this offseason, then more power to them. I don't. And I won't pretend I do.

Ryfo18
05-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Come on guys, everyone knows we didn't draft a NT or new LT or address the LB corps, there is no hope for this team. I could do a better job running things.

/sarcasm

bwilliams
05-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Come on guys, everyone knows we didn't draft a NT or new LT or address the LB corps, there is no hope for this team. I could do a better job running things.

/sarcasm

I (somehow) could sense your sarcasm here, but you aren't that far off, really. Teams do not win games without good LBs, a legit OL, or (if in a 3-4) a big NT clogging the middle. They especially don't win if they lack all three.

And I don't remember saying I could do things better. I don't have remotely the experience necessary to be a NFL GM. That being said, I know enough to know when a GM is doing a good job and one's doing a bad job.

When Herm Edwards was couting on Brodie Croyle to be his QBOTF and refusing to bulk up the OL, everyone could see it was a bad move. When we run a 3-4 and have terrible ILBs and NT, anyone can see it's a bad move.

Ryfo18
05-14-2010, 11:50 AM
I (somehow) could sense your sarcasm here, but you aren't that far off, really. Teams do not win games without good LBs, a legit OL, or (if in a 3-4) a big NT clogging the middle. They especially don't win if they lack all three.

And I don't remember saying I could do things better. I don't have remotely the experience necessary to be a NFL GM. That being said, I know enough to know when a GM is doing a good job and one's doing a bad job.

When Herm Edwards was couting on Brodie Croyle to be his QBOTF and refusing to bulk up the OL, everyone could see it was a bad move. When we run a 3-4 and have terrible ILBs and NT, anyone can see it's a bad move.

Yes you have...

The reason I disagree with you is that there is so much more than just picking the best LB available, or the best NT available, or the best LT available. Most likely, these guys (NT and LB) didn't play the 3-4 defense and are going to go through the same transition the current guys are going through, with a lot less experience under their belt.

The New York Jets are a great example of what I'm talking about. Kris Jenkins, their pro-bowl NT got injured in week 6. Their defense didn't all the sudden turn into a train wreck. They don't have the greatest LB corps in the league either. What they do have is the best secondary in the league, and they have found success.

The Chiefs took a lot of steps towards upgrading a secondary that got burned a lot last year. The addition of Crennel will only help the defense. Guys are going to improve, and hopefully Crennel implements some schemes that keep offenses guessing.

All in all, the OL was addressed in Free Agency, we brought in one of the best RBs in the league last year in Thomas Jones, and the Defense was addressed heavily in the draft. I can't think of anything not to like. Branden Albert didn't give up a sack in the last 6 games last year. Things are looking up for him. The OL as a whole improved remarkably over the last 8 games. These things take time, you can't just bring in the best players in the league or draft and instantly have a Super Bowl team (see the Washington Redskins history). Just because the Chiefs didn't do things your way, I still find it hard to believe that you can't see any positive out of this. Then again, I understand that you care way too much about "being right", so the rest of us will think you are God's gift to analyzing Chiefs football.

Personal attacks aside, there is a very good chance all of your offseason rants about how we did everything wrong are proven wrong.

Ryfo18
05-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Why don't you guys all go be general managers since your obviously smarter than Pioli and company.

When the position's open in a couple years, I'll apply. How about that?

Open in a couple years my @ss lol. But i will support you buddy!

Actually, after the Kendrick Lewis pick, maybe Hunt fired him on the spot. Please let me know, if so I'll forward my resume ASAP.

Qualification No. 1 - Would draft football players, not a bunch of projects and backup safeties.

Qualification No. 2 - See Qualification No. 1.

Clark Hunt: "No thanks, we feel you are extremely underqualified for this position. We understand you are a casual fan with very strong opinions, but we're gonna hire a staff who knows what they are doing."

bwilliams: "You're the guys who kept Herm Edwards on for three years, right? Think you're qualified to decide whether a staff knows what its doing?"

EDIT: "And I forgot, the guys who kept Carl Peterson at GM for a decade too long?"

Clark Hunt: "That decision was left up to our GM at the time, Carl Peterson. Who I have since let go b/c of that foolishness. You should get your facts straight."

You mean the incompetent GM you kept on for 10 years too many? Good decision that!

Clark: "That was mostly my father, who has since deceased and handed the team over to me. Nice try again though."

Your father got a SB to KC. You have 6-30 as your record running the team. I'll trust you as an owner the second we stop being the laughingstock of the NFL.

See above

bwilliams
05-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes you have...

No, I haven't.

The reason I disagree with you is that there is so much more than just picking the best LB available, or the best NT available, or the best LT available. Most likely, these guys (NT and LB) didn't play the 3-4 defense and are going to go through the same transition the current guys are going through, with a lot less experience under their belt.

You're right. There is much more to a building a team than just drafting the best NT or LB. But if your hopes for this team in 2010 revolve almost solely around our players suddenly getting a whole lot better, then you're grasping at straws.

The New York Jets are a great example of what I'm talking about. Kris Jenkins, their pro-bowl NT got injured in week 6. Their defense didn't all the sudden turn into a train wreck. They don't have the greatest LB corps in the league either. What they do have is the best secondary in the league, and they have found success.

Wow. That is a complete misunderstanding of why the Jets defense worked last season. First and foremost, the Jets may have the best LB corps in the NFL.

Second, they managed to remain a powerhouse after Jenkins went down (1) because Sione Pouha stepped up big time at NT, and because they had great DEs (especially Ellis); (2) because they have terrific run-stoppers in Bart Scott and David Harris at ILB (as opposed to DeMorrio Williams and Corey Mays); (3) because they have Calvin Pace and Bryan Thomas at OLB, both of whom are great against the run and (in Pace's case at least) rushing the passer; (4) they're exceptionally well coached; and (5) because their great secondary prevented long gains and TDs.

I think Crennel is a good start to (4). I think we made big strides towards (5) by getting Berry. We may be even OK at (3), although Vrabel can't really rush the passer anymore. It's (1) and (2) where we fall way short. And you can't run a 3-4 effectively without (1) and (2).

The Chiefs took a lot of steps towards upgrading a secondary that got burned a lot last year. The addition of Crennel will only help the defense. Guys are going to improve, and hopefully Crennel implements some schemes that keep offenses guessing.

Absolutely right and absolutely wrong, for the reasons stated above. Crennel and Berry/Arenas are very good starts. But we're bringing back the same front seven that was obliterated game after game last season. You're hopes rest on their getting much better. Can you think of any team ever where that worked out?

Also, your secondary will always be burned, no matter how good, if you can't generate a pass rush, or if you have to play eight in the box because you can't stop the run.

All in all, the OL was addressed in Free Agency

OK, no it wasn't. I loved the Asamoah pick, and I think he starts at C or RG over either Wiegmann or Lilja. And I like Lilja and Wiegmann. I think they'd be great backups for us, as they know the schemes and they're hometown heroes. But they weren't cut because they're great players. Wiegmann is old and small, and Lilja is oft-injured and small. Both were released precisely for those reasons. Not to mention that there are massive questions about Albert and O'Callaghan at OT, and that Waters won't be around forever.

, we brought in one of the best RBs in the league last year in Thomas Jones

Agreed. I love this signing.

, and the Defense was addressed heavily in the draft.

No, it wasn't! We drafted a free safety and a nickel CB in the first four rounds, and two special teams players/backups in the 5th. That is not addressing your defense heavily.

I can't think of anything not to like.

That's your right. If you want to disagree with me, feel free.

Branden Albert didn't give up a sack in the last 6 games last year. Things are looking up for him. The OL as a whole improved remarkably over the last 8 games.

Albert did improve. The whole line improved. That being said, we didn't play good defenses the last six weeks. We played the dregs. Albert is a fine LT when you're playing the Browns. He's not as fine when your playing the Ravens, Cowboys, or Steelers.

These things take time, you can't just bring in the best players in the league or draft and instantly have a Super Bowl team (see the Washington Redskins history). Just because the Chiefs didn't do things your way, I still find it hard to believe that you can't see any positive out of this.

You're missing my point. It isn't that we didn't improve our personnel or coaching. It's just that I don't think our improvements this offseason equate to wins. That's because we didn't fix those aspects of the game that do equate to wins, like pass rush, pass protection (OL), and stopping the run. You can't win games unless you can do those three things. And our defensive hopes rest on a journeyman NT (S. Smith) and hopes that everyone else in the front seven plays a hell of a lot better than in 2009.

Then again, I understand that you care way too much about "being right", so the rest of us will think you are God's gift to analyzing Chiefs football.

I don't care if people think I'm right. I just write how I see the team. If you can show me how I'm wrong, I'd be grateful. I don;t like being pessimistic. Hell, I was completely *optimistic* heading into the draft. Then I realized that our current management believes we're set in the front seven and OL. I don't agree, and I think we'll lose games because of it.

Personal attacks aside, there is a very good chance all of your offseason rants about how we did everything wrong are proven wrong.

If I'm wrong, I'll happily admit it. If I'm right, I expect the same courtesy from you.

See above

Really? The line separating a joke from reality is a pretty thick one. I was writing about Pioli's lack of qualifications, not my own. As is painfully obvious.

matthewschiefs
05-14-2010, 01:56 PM

/sarcasm

Could not agree more And Who needs to see theses rookies play. They are terrible. Pioli should be fired right away.

Sarcasm is so fun :D

Canada
05-14-2010, 11:16 PM

Seriously?

So you are talking about all the positive things that were coming out of LJ? Or was it Tony G? Or was it Brian Water? Were out team leaders really singing the praises of each other and their team? I don't think so. Please find me one person who said Herm was gonna take us to 16-0.

Are people's memories really that short?It would appear so. :ninerssuck:

...and I really feel bad for you if you don't get excited every year at the start of football season.

slc chief
05-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Wow, I bet you just level the kids on the playground with that kind of smack.

It's not "what I think."

You just offer absolutely zero interesting, worthwhile perspective. Your contribute absolutely nothing, except providing a viable antagonist to annoy the general public.

At the end of the day, though, at least I think, regardless of who cares. Based on your posts, it's a hell of a lot more than anyone can say for you.
lol true :mancard:

chief31
05-14-2010, 11:35 PM

Ok. Since my answer was 'yes'. I went and checked on what team I was following.Sure enough, it was The Kansas City Chiefs.

Every year there are more stories about how the players are "finally buying into the system" or how "confidence is on the rise".

As for agreeing with "the negative post"...

Yes. I happen to agree with alot of "negative" opinions. But then, I also agree with alot of "positive" opinions too.

How dare I be able to see things from both sides!!!!

I don't see everything as "all roses and sunshine" and I don't see things as all "catastrophe and armageddon" But if you are one who is all "Catastrophe", then you will see me as "sunshine" because I still see the positives. And if you are one who is all "sunshine", then you will see me as a "catastrophe" guy because I can see the negative side too.

I have been called a "Homer" and accused of "drinking the kool-aid. Just like I have been accused of being a complete pessimist. Much more of the latter though.

Which makes me take a look at myself and wonder "Am I not seeing the positive side as I hope I am?"

Well, after determining that The Chiefs have been displaying a team that has had alot more negatives than positives for the past several years, pretty well matching the amounts of pos/neg that I have been noting that whole time, I figure that I am probably about in the right area.

But why, then, am I being labeled as a Pessimist so much more often than a homer?

Well, it really doesn't take alot to figure out that this site is made up of mostly optimistic, positive-seeing, homer types, far moreso than pure catastrophe-types.

I don't think that I have ever seen anyone on this site, for more than a couple of days, that was a full-on pessemist about The Chiefs. But that's because they get bombarded by the overwhelming, and sometimes overbearing, population of optimists on the site.

Bwill has been leaning that way since the draft. But I sure don't think he is as pessemistic as most of us seem to believe.

He has been primarily focused on the problems that this teams seems to have ignored this offseason. That is why I say he is "leaning" toward pessemism, because he is so focused on that aspect.

But he does still acknowledge the attempts to improve the team, including the coaching staff.

I fully expect him to run out of steam in his protest of the draft before too long. At some point, he is likely to get tired of that negative feeling and take a new look at the situation, where he may determine that the problem areas that did not get addressed through player additions still are likely to show some measure of improvement by a number of different factors.

Playing the 3-4 for a second season should make them quicker to make the right decision than they were during their first year of it. And having a legitimate 3-4 gameplan for each game should also provide some advantage. And if Crennel is above average at molding a 3-4 defense, then the improvement should measure even better.

I am still bothered by some of the decisions made this offseason. But I am aware that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Canada
05-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Surprise surprise, you also write an essay defending the negativity. Call it whatever the hell you want, but it has been YEARS since we have heard a positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team. I don't give a sh!t if you read an article or made a post that was positive over the last few years. This thread is about players with a positive vibe and hopefully forming some team chemistry. Again, if you think that has been going on for the last few years, then you really need to start paying attention.

slc chief
05-15-2010, 10:12 AM

this dude is a donkey fan that hangs out on this forum. and bashes the chiefs a little dose at a time.because he does not have the balls to come out and post his true colors

matthewschiefs
05-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Surprise surprise, you also write an essay defending the negativity. Call it whatever the hell you want, but it has been YEARS since we have heard a positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team. I don't give a sh!t if you read an article or made a post that was positive over the last few years. This thread is about players with a positive vibe and hopefully forming some team chemistry. Again, if you think that has been going on for the last few years, then you really need to start paying attention.

Its been since at least 2007

2007 Trent green wanted out
2008 Jarad Allen wanted out
2009 Tony G wanted out
you can even throw in that running back who i forget his name wore number 27 how many times did he want out.

Yes there were some postives things said about this team but as i recall they were mainly from a horrible football coach saying how people were telling him he was doing the right thing and things would turn around. Or they were through a GM who never really got this team where they needed to be. Talking about there almighty plan. The players would say diffrent. The fact that it is going on June and there is not a line to get out is a step in the right direction. Call me a homer or whatever its just how I see it. You can say that its no big deal thats fine its probley not but to ignore this and say everything has been roses in Kc is just changing the facts to be negtive. GO CHIEFS:chiefs:

chief31
05-15-2010, 04:25 PM

I have heard that positive vibe/team chemistry stuff every year. Period. But perhaps you're right. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention when I see those stories. I must have been imagining them.

Chiefs' Pollard: 'This is going to be a different defense' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/5/27/887557/chiefs-pollard-this-is-going-to-be)

Chiefs' Thigpen: 'Some Players Took Advantage of the Freedom Herm Edwards Gave Us' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/6/11/905546/chiefs-thigpen-some-players-took)

Derrick Johnson has a Message for Chiefs Fans - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/1/934924/derrick-johnson-has-a-message-for)

Chiefs Branden Albert: 'Everybody's bought into the system' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/25/962592/chiefs-branden-albert-everybodys)

Larry Johnson's Back on Board - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/30/968749/larry-johnsons-back-on-board)

Just a few from '09 with players talking about "positive vibe" and team chemistry.

it has been YEARS since we have heard a positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team.

Really? Tell me more about this "paying attention" thing.

Maybe this time the story will carry over into the season and actually make a difference. But it is the same kind of story you get every offseason from every team. "Things are looking so much better than before."

You can say that its no big deal thats fine its probley not but to ignore this and say everything has been roses in Kc is just changing the facts to be negtive.

Saying that things have been roses is changing the facts to be negative? How does that work exactly? :D

<Just kidding. I actually know what you meant. Just thought I'd have a little fun with the wording there.>:lol:

josh1971
05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
When we run a 3-4 and have terrible ILBs and NT, anyone can see it's a bad move.

Derrick Johnson is a terrible ILB?

wichitaj
05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
i prefer the generic kool aid, flavor aid:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/05/32.jpg

Canada
05-15-2010, 10:40 PM
I have heard that positive vibe/team chemistry stuff every year. Period. But perhaps you're right. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention when I see those stories. I must have been imagining them.

Chiefs' Pollard: 'This is going to be a different defense' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/5/27/887557/chiefs-pollard-this-is-going-to-be)

Chiefs' Thigpen: 'Some Players Took Advantage of the Freedom Herm Edwards Gave Us' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/6/11/905546/chiefs-thigpen-some-players-took)

Derrick Johnson has a Message for Chiefs Fans - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/1/934924/derrick-johnson-has-a-message-for)

Chiefs Branden Albert: 'Everybody's bought into the system' - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/25/962592/chiefs-branden-albert-everybodys)

Larry Johnson's Back on Board - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/7/30/968749/larry-johnsons-back-on-board)

Just a few from '09 with players talking about "positive vibe" and team chemistry.

Maybe this time the story will carry over into the season and actually make a difference. But it is the same kind of story you get every offseason from every team. "Things are looking so much better than before."

Saying that things have been roses is changing the facts to be negative? How does that work exactly? :D

<Just kidding. I actually know what you meant. Just thought I'd have a little fun with the wording there.>:lol:

I guess to counter your point I could quote all 3000 of your posts over the last three years. I noticed none of those article you quoted were about players talking about other players. But carry on with your negative vibe and call it fact!! :bananen_smilies046:

Ryfo18
05-15-2010, 10:44 PM

Yep, positive vibe last year and we doubled our win total. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

tornadospotter
05-16-2010, 12:41 AM
i prefer the generic kool aid, flavor aid:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/05/32.jpg

Not me! I want the best.
YouTube- Kool-Aid commercial - disco?

:chiefs:

chief31
05-16-2010, 05:22 AM
Yep, positive vibe last year and we doubled our win total. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.

Point being that the "positive vibe"/"bright horizon" stories are around every season.

I guess to counter your point I could quote all 3000 of your posts over the last three years. I noticed none of those article you quoted were about players talking about other players. But carry on with your negative vibe and call it fact!! :bananen_smilies046:
I can't help ya. I don't know how you would try to counter being blatantly wrong like that.

it has been YEARS since we have heard a positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team.

Bottom line, you decided to go on the offensive because I said that there was a point in the "negative" post. Then, when the point was proven, you just ignore all of that common sense and continue with your usual simplistic banter.

How'd that go? Surprise, surprise?:beat_DeadHorse:

Canada
05-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Bottom line, you decided to go on the offensive because I said that there was a point in the "negative" post. Then, when the point was proven, you just ignore all of that common sense and continue with your usual simplistic banter.

Surprised that you had to resort to name calling already? ...a little bit. (I once got banned from this site for insulting other members) I expected more from you but I guess name calling is cool too. Its not like I was calling you a loser because you claim to be a "sith lord" or anything!! :sign0106:

You are so right about everything you say about these guys. This is the same old same old outta Kansas City. More doom and gloom. Keep it up man, I hear the superfans are looking for another side kick and you might be the ultimate fan. Not like us Homers who don't know anything. Just because you found six article where someone said something good over the last 3 years does not prove your point. It might make you feel better about dogging them (again) but it does not make you right. So, we get it. You think that its the feeling around this team is exactly the same as it was when LJ, TG, and Herm were all here. :bartsimpson:

Canada
05-16-2010, 10:12 AM

What point did you prove? That someone said something good? Why do you consider it "going on the offensive" when someone discusses something with you. We were all talking about the positive vibe coming out of Arrowhead and how refreshing it was, and you and bw decide to come in and talk your negative sh!t. And I am the one going on the offensive? Last I checked, you are the one who had to resort to name calling.

KristofLaw
05-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Oohhhhh Yyeeeaaaaahhhh!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/05/34.jpg

Chiefster
05-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Oohhhhh Yyeeeaaaaahhhh!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/05/34.jpg

I am literally at a loss for words here.

Pro_Angler
05-17-2010, 11:18 AM
well i say the 40 year drought will come to an end soon and we will in fact win several super bowls in the next 10 years..IMO.. i still predict 10 wins this season as I have said for the last 3 months..
I'm not letting the negative talk sway me, I believe with the passing of Lamar it was gonna take a while to let Clark do what he wanted to do with the team! I believe that he wants to win and will do anything to credit his fathers name. I'm not saying we lost due to Lamars death but it does play a part.

matthewschiefs
05-17-2010, 11:50 AM
well i say the 40 year drought will come to an end soon and we will in fact win several super bowls in the next 10 years..IMO.. i still predict 10 wins this season as I have said for the last 3 months..
I'm not letting the negative talk sway me, I believe with the passing of Lamar it was gonna take a while to let Clark do what he wanted to do with the team! I believe that he wants to win and will do anything to credit his fathers name. I'm not saying we lost due to Lamars death but it does play a part.

New ownership will always have an affect on a team sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. Its not really something I thought of till now.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-17-2010, 04:14 PM

I love how you quoted 5 stories that all came from LAST year, in an effort to say that this happens EVERY year.

No....all you proved was that last year the players admitted it had been a negative vibe the season before. Tony G contributed to that, and he was gone.

If you can't see that a lot of bad blood has been stripped from the team, then you clearly are just choosing not to see the changes going on.

Sorry, but the team right now is amazingly different from the squad of entitled veterans a couple years back.

I loved Tony, and I was sad to see him go, but when you get a new boss, you have to impress them. Credit at your job doesn't rollover like cell phone minutes.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Oh - and ALL of your stories you quoted occurred AFTER Tony Gonzalez was traded.

So, really, you just spend 30 minutes searching for articles that do nothing but prove you wrong.

bwilliams
05-17-2010, 10:47 PM
this dude is a donkey fan that hangs out on this forum. and bashes the chiefs a little dose at a time.because he does not have the balls to come out and post his true colors

Don't question my fanhood, b!tch.

bwilliams
05-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Derrick Johnson is a terrible ILB?

Derrick Johnson is an athletic freak and good to have in on passing downs. He is also a good tackler.

But he isn't very smart, he blows assignments, and he's a liability against the run. He'd be a good-to-great weakside LB in a 4-3 defense (like the Vikings or Colts). He is a poor 3-4 ILB. We need a Harrison, a Mayo, a Lewis, or a Scott at ILB. Someone smart and tough as nails. Someone who RBs are afraid to run at. DJ, for all his virtues, ain't that guy.

chief31
05-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Surprised that you had to resort to name calling already? ...a little bit. What name were ya called? Maybe there is some rule violation here. (I once got banned from this site for insulting other members) Yes. Poor Canada. The site that treats you like a mascot and hero has always been out to get you. I know. We have done everything in our power to.... (I don't know. What's the purpose of the conspiracy against you?) I expected more from you but I guess name calling is cool too. Its not like I was calling you a loser because you claim to be a "sith lord" or anything!! :sign0106:

Aw. Canda. You got me right in the feel-bads.

You are so right about everything you say about these guys. This is the same old same old outta Kansas City. More doom and gloom. Where is it I said that?Keep it up man, I hear the superfans are looking for another side kick and you might be the ultimate fan. Ah yes. The Canada "Trump card". Suggesting, through sarcasm, that someone is a bad fan because they don't look at it the same as Canada. Not like us Homers who don't know anything. Ooooo. What a political move here. Try to gain supporters by saying I said "homers" don't know anything. Bravo! BS. But bravo for your BS.

Just because you found six article where someone said something good over the last 3 years does not prove your point. It doesnt prove the point. It supports the notion that these kind of stories are commonplace. It might make you feel better about dogging them (again) Where was this at? Where did this happen? but it does not make you right. So, we get it. You think that its the feeling around this team is exactly the same as it was when LJ, TG, and Herm were all here. :bartsimpson:

And you end by doing the same thing that you do every time you have nothing to add to the conversation. You just lie about what I said. Or can you actually back that up by showing where I said that the feeling around the team was the same?

What point did you prove? That we have heard about a "positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team in recent years. Therefore making this statement...

it has been YEARS since we have heard a positive vibe FROM THE PLAYERS on this team. Incorrect.
That we have heard That someone said something good? Why do you consider it "going on the offensive" when someone discusses something with you. I don't. But when they throw wise-cracks like...
you may want to check what team you have been following...then I consider you to be "on the offensive".

We were all talking about the positive vibe coming out of Arrowhead and how refreshing it was, and you and bw decide to come in and talk your negative sh!t. No I didn't. And I am the one going on the offensive? Last I checked, you are the one who had to resort to name calling.Again, what name were you called? Simplistic? As in "Simplistic banter"? Check it out. The word "Simplistic" is used to describe the noun, "Banter".

I love how you quoted 5 stories that all came from LAST year, in an effort to say that this happens EVERY year.

Actually, while that supports (Not proves) the "every year" claim, made by Bwill, it was actually just used to disprove the claim that Canada made, that we have not heard a "positive vibe" in years.

No....all you proved was that last year the players admitted it had been a negative vibe the season before. Tony G contributed to that, and he was gone.

If you can't see that a lot of bad blood has been stripped from the team, then you clearly are just choosing not to see the changes going on.

I never made any such claim.

Sorry, but the team right now is amazingly different from the squad of entitled veterans a couple years back.

I loved Tony, and I was sad to see him go, but when you get a new boss, you have to impress them. Credit at your job doesn't rollover like cell phone minutes.

Of course it's a different team. And it is obviously a "different" vibe/chemistry. I never claimed anything to the contrary. What I said was that there is a point in saying that these type of stories are commonplace.

You don't really think that there is an offseason that has zero stories about some of the "positive vibe" within the team?

Oh - and ALL of your stories you quoted occurred AFTER Tony Gonzalez was traded.

So, really, you just spend 30 minutes searching for articles that do nothing but prove you wrong.

What difference does it make if it was after the TG trade? Maybe it doesn't support whatever point you have mistakenly decided that I was making. But the fact that these stories existed last season are supportive of the initial, Bwill, statement. And they dismiss Canada's claim that we have not heard those stories in years.

Just to try and get this all cleared up, below is my first post in the thread. I will highlight all of the negative things I mentioned, as well as the positive things. I will also give some insight as to why some parts aren't highlighted as either...

While it was a negative-only statement, (Same story), the point he makes is valid. Every team coming off a bad season has these kind of stories throughout the offseason.
There is not one negative thing here. Just acknowledgment that there are stories about "positive vibe" every year.

However, I definitely feel like things are looking much brighter than the past few years.

I was discouraged by some of the positions that we did not address in the draft, and offseason (so far), in general. The word "was" really diminishes the amount of negativity here. But I'll grant it. Just note that the very next word overrides it with an immediate positive response.

But it is quite possible that several positions could be improved through better coching, more experience and a better general atmosphere around the team.

If the improvement were only enough to turn a weakness into less of a weakness, and other areas of the team make significant improvements, then the team may, well, make a major improvement in the "W" column.

I do not invest in "faith". But, if McCluster winds up being a good quick passing option, then that, in itself, could make the LOT position look far better by eliminating the number of times our QB is caught waiting for something downfield to open up. That is a very legitimate possibility.

It is also very much possible that a significant improvement to pass coverage could directly translate into more pressure on opposing QBs. That, and a year of experience at the position could get Hali and others more comfortable in pass-rushing.

Do I think that that is extremely likely? No. Again, not really that negative. Especially when I come right back and explain that I do see it as possible. And again, the first word after this is...?

But I most certainly see it as far from impossible.

The same could be seen within our run defense.

Does a young talented FS make a big improvement to the run defense? Probably not. I'm not sure that this is too terribly negative. A FS usually isn't going to make a big difference to your run defense. But again, just a set-up for the positive side, coming up next. Next word....

But is it possible that a DB can be afforded to help support against the run, due to a trust is fewer playes in coverage? Sure.

Do Dorsey, Jackson and others have a chance to play better as they have grown more comfortable with their assignments? Of course.

We do have alot of elements that MIGHT make legitimate improvements to the areas of this team that seemed to have needed personell upgrades, but didn't get them.

Again, I do not have faith, nor trust, that those things will happen. (Plain fact. Not positive, nor negative.) But you have to be able to see that they could happen.

It's alot of "mights" and "maybes". But it's also alot of "possibles".

I entered this discussion with a positive attitude about the team but it seems that noone read anything past the first paragraph. The wo negative statments that you find there are both just set-ups for the overall positive statement. This can be noted by the first word following each of them. "BUT".

Just answer me this, Canada...

Am I able to have a positive attitude without you complaing about my "negativity"?

Like I have said time and time again, I see some negative, and I see some positive. Unfortunately, you can't even see the positive when I share. Now, is it any wonder I get labelled a pessimist? The positive side I share gets ignored.

Canada
05-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Can't someone disagree with you without you writing and essay to prove some point about how people feel about the vibe coming out of Kansas City. I see you are upset and have gone to great lengths to prove some point about something. Congrats. You have clearly stated something in all that!!:wtfdude:

chief31
05-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Can't someone disagree with you without you writing and essay to prove some point about how people feel about the vibe coming out of Kansas City. I see you are upset and have gone to great lengths to prove some point about something. Congrats. You have clearly stated something in all that!!:wtfdude:

Trouble reading? That would explain alot.:D

Canada
05-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Trouble reading? That would explain alot.:D

Nope, lack of interest in what you wrote.:ninerssuck:

chief31
05-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Nope, lack of interest in what you wrote.:ninerssuck:

Mkay.

Canada
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Mkay.

From an giant essay to "Mkay?"

Beware the wrath of the Sith Master!!
YouTube- Star Wars Kid

josh1971
05-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Derrick Johnson is an athletic freak and good to have in on passing downs. He is also a good tackler.

But he isn't very smart, he blows assignments, and he's a liability against the run. He'd be a good-to-great weakside LB in a 4-3 defense (like the Vikings or Colts). He is a poor 3-4 ILB. We need a Harrison, a Mayo, a Lewis, or a Scott at ILB. Someone smart and tough as nails. Someone who RBs are afraid to run at. DJ, for all his virtues, ain't that guy.

Well, you can't fix smart, I will agree on that. But a good DC like Romeo Crennell can train out some of his position and assignment problems. He makes big plays, and that's someone you want on the team, and on the field.

bwilliams
05-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Well, you can't fix smart, I will agree on that. But a good DC like Romeo Crennell can train out some of his position and assignment problems. He makes big plays, and that's someone you want on the team, and on the field.

It isn't just his smarts and technique. If I were to ask you to list DJs strenghts, what would you say? Probably his athleticism, his speed, his hands, and his tackling. If I were to ask you to list his weaknesses, what would you say? Probably his toughness, his smarts, and his run defense.

I agree that having a guy like DJ to bring in on passing downs would be terrific. But the reason he's wasn't a starter in 2009 was because he just doesn't fit, either in terms of skill set or in terms of physicality, as a 3-4 LB (either inside or outside). And I don't see a player as talented as him being happy playing only 1/3 of defensive downs.

DJ should be in a system where he allowed to run all over the field making tackles, and where teams won't be running right at him most downs. In other words, he should be a Derrick Brooks-type for some team at weakside linebacker.

chief31
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
From an giant essay to "Mkay?"

Beware the wrath of the Sith Master!!

Well, I figure if you can admit that you don't read what I write, then you have nothing to say about what I write.

You may as well be commenting about how anti-matter functions within a black hole.

Canada
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
mkay