PDA

View Full Version : The good ole' days.

honda522
05-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Browsing Youtube, I found this video.

YouTube- The Eddie Kennison Highlight Film

Those were the days. We had a killer passing game thanks to our stellar running game. Running the ball supports the pass. I hope this year, we run the ball like a Chief is suppose to.....only then we will see greatness from the offense once again.

tornadospotter
05-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Nice find, Kennision, was a great receiver for the Chiefs! The QB running that Offense and throwing to him is also a great Chief! Trent Green!
YouTube- Trent Green Highlight Film

Chiefster
05-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Ah, good times! And, although he's not a Chief anymore Trent also had another dangerous target that he hit with regularity in Tony G. We would also be remiss not to mention that stud O-line as well; it all starts up front!

Sn@keIze
05-15-2010, 05:42 AM
wow, great vid honda. thanks for posting this.

I enjoyed it.

If i had to pick one play i remember most from eddie kennison, it would be that stop and go route that won the game in OT against the fudge Packers in 03.

(it's at 1:20 in this vid)

matthewschiefs
05-15-2010, 10:51 AM
I rember a lot of thoses plays well. Thoses day will soon be back in KC :chiefs:

honda522
05-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Nice find, Kennision, was a great receiver for the Chiefs! The QB running that Offense and throwing to him is also a great Chief! Trent Green!
YouTube- Trent Green Highlight Film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9X40jotOQ4)

I saw that video too last night but I turned on the TV and turned off the computer.

Ah, good times! And, although he's not a Chief anymore Trent also had another dangerous target that he hit with regularity in Tony G. We would also be remiss not to mention that stud O-line as well; it all starts up front!

You guys know what made the Chiefs and Green so great? First of Green would stay in the pocket as long as possible. He would take the hit just at the last second to fire off a pass. If Cassel can do this, he can be every bit as good as Green and maybe even better.

When you look back and watch those videos, all of our team was excited when we scored. We played with an energy wanting to win and wanting to win BIG. Everyone got exicted for first down, let alone a big play or touchdown. Now all these players don't know each other very well. They ain't like family.

I hope we can unite as one this year and play with that intensity this year.

I can't wait untill August!:chiefs:

KCINNYC
05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Ah heck guys I am getting teary eyed when I watched those and then this

YouTube- Priest Holmes Highlights 2003 Record Breaking Season Kansas City Chiefs

Despite some idiots on here who rant about Kool Aid I think these times will be back soon.

chief31
05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
You guys know what made the Chiefs and Green so great? First of Green would stay in the pocket as long as possible. He would take the hit just at the last second to fire off a pass. If Cassel can do this, he can be every bit as good as Green and maybe even better.

When you look back and watch those videos, all of our team was excited when we scored. We played with an energy wanting to win and wanting to win BIG. Everyone got exicted for first down, let alone a big play or touchdown. Now all these players don't know each other very well. They ain't like family.

For my money it was the fact that Trent Greann was afforded the time and space to stay in the pocket for so long. And rarely did he have to throw while getting hit, as it was rare for any defender to get to him.

Ah heck guys I am getting teary eyed when I watched those and then this

YouTube- Priest Holmes Highlights 2003 Record Breaking Season Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMO9CfG03A)

Despite some idiots on here who rant about Kool Aid I think these times will be back soon.

Ya know, they don't really assemble Willie Roaf, or Tony Richardson highlight reels/ But the Trent Green and Priest Holmes videos here are filled with their highlights.

In particular, in the Priest Holmes video above, check the play at about 6:08 into it.

Now, instead of just watching Priest with the football, have a look at what T-Rich does on the play. Priest literally just walks into the endzone. T-Rich makes it possible.

AkChief49
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
For my money it was the fact that Trent Greann was afforded the time and space to stay in the pocket for so long. And rarely did he have to throw while getting hit, as it was rare for any defender to get to him.

Ya know, they don't really assemble Willie Roaf, or Tony Richardson highlight reels/ But the Trent Green and Priest Holmes videos here are filled with their highlights.

In particular, in the Priest Holmes video above, check the play at about 6:08 into it.

Now, instead of just watching Priest with the football, have a look at what T-Rich does on the play. Priest literally just walks into the endzone. T-Rich makes it possible.
T-Rich is a rare breed! would not mind having him back at all!! I'll bet T. Jones would not mind it either.

tornadospotter
05-15-2010, 09:25 PM
But there are new good ole days coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgXbojJKjw0
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQwYI_WSMFU)

KCINNYC
05-16-2010, 03:56 PM

Wow! You were right. I can't believe he blocked the second guy like that. You know it makes sense now he was the first to hug Priest in the endzone every time. Those touchdowns were his as well.

Chiefster
05-17-2010, 03:46 AM

Cant believe I forgot about T-Rich!

70 chiefsfan70
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow,I miss T-Rich!

I do believe with our running game and the new speed we have on the Offense will but up big points!

I truely feel an excitement I'v been needing and wanting since those Good Ole Days!

Hayvern
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM

THIS!!!!

KristofLaw
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
YouTube- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
:chiefs2:

AussieChiefsFan
05-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Browsing Youtube, I found this video.

YouTube- The Eddie Kennison Highlight Film (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arK241yz50o&feature=related)

Those were the days. We had a killer passing game thanks to our stellar running game. Running the ball supports the pass. I hope this year, we run the ball like a Chief is suppose to.....only then we will see greatness from the offense once again.
I honestly think the chiefs are soon going to be like that once again.:punk:

Chiefster
05-19-2010, 10:52 PM
THIS!!!!

:bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
05-27-2010, 01:22 AM
I saw that video too last night but I turned on the TV and turned off the computer.

Dick Vermeil was greatly responsible for the Chiefs during that era being like 'family'...he intentionally focused on creating a family environment among players...including eating dinner together, etc..