PDA

View Full Version : Who's your dark horse...

DC_Chiefsfan
05-15-2010, 07:45 PM
this season for a consistent contributor who's on our current roster?

I have a strong feeling about Pierre Walters. He's big, he's fast and it seems he's really invested himself in Haley's system.

Overall, I am really excited to see how our linebacker crew does this year, I think we have a few gems in there.

Ryfo18
05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I hope this is the year Derrick Johnson brings good things to the LB corps.

whatwasthat?
05-15-2010, 08:57 PM
jerheme urban...people have been underestimating this guy all offseason...i think he plays a considerable role alongside dex

hometeam
05-15-2010, 08:59 PM
I want to see STUDebaker become a force!

josh1971
05-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I hesitate to make bold statements about these guys when I don't see them day in and day out. I am interested to see how lots of the guys on the roster do as we see the off season move along.

I will admit to being incredibly curious about Derrick Johnson's impact on our defense if he's on the field nearly every down. Look at what he did with limited playing time...

chief31
05-16-2010, 05:26 AM
It may not be viewed as much of a long-shot to some. But I like Asomoghua's chances to make a real impact as the season progresses.

honda522
05-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I think with edition to the coaching staff, these guys are going to look way better than last year.

matthewschiefs
05-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I want to see STUDebaker become a force!

THAT WOULD BE GREAT I HOPE IT HAPPENS TO

Ryfo18
05-16-2010, 12:25 PM
It may not be viewed as much of a long-shot to some. But I like Asomoghua's chances to make a real impact as the season progresses.

As in Nnamdi, the Raiders cornerback?

NWA Chief
05-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Dion Gales.....Most sacks on our DL and he's undersized. There's a reason he's still around. He can provide a pass rush

jacko58
05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Belcher, with the big neck pad and thick pads boy he looks like a linebacker from the 90s chiefs. i think both belcher and studebaker have a real chance to florrish on this defense with the new coaches

KCINNYC
05-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl QB. He took so many sacks and hits last year, (and they REALLY REALLY hurt) and he got up every time and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think with the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!

stricken721
05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl calliber QB. He took so many sacks and got up and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think we the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!

I agree. I also think that Brandon Flowers could be a dark horse in the sense of being Pro Bowl Caliber player. As for everybody else on the team I think the dark horse could be Studebaker. He showed flashes last year of being a good player for years to come, I think given more starting time and another season in the 3-4 under his belt he could be a really good player.

KristofLaw
05-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I know its not a total dark horse, but I think that Matt Cassel will become a Pro Bowl QB. He took so many sacks and hits last year, (and they REALLY REALLY hurt) and he got up every time and dusted himself off. Haley and Pioli consistently go to bat for him. Pioli said "No one outside of this organization really knows how great this guy is going to be" and Haley said "I will go into battle any day of the week with him" He is the first to be there in the morning, the last to leave, and has a passion for watching film. I think he got dealt a bad hand last year with the o-line and with all the dropped passes (first in the league) I think with the revamped o line and a strong running game, Cassel will begin to develop into the player we hoped he was when we gave him that contract.

Go Chiefs!

I don't know who to pick as a team Dark Horse at the moment but I would however love to see this scenario with Cassel play out!

wichitaj
05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
This is the year Cassell goes all pro for us. the weapons are there, the coaching is there.

Chiefster
05-17-2010, 03:31 AM
This is the year Cassell goes all pro for us. the weapons are there, the coaching is there.

Depends on how well the "o-line" holds up; even with it's off season acquisitions. I hope you're right.

AkChief49
05-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Tamba

DC_Chiefsfan
05-17-2010, 12:41 PM

Depends on whether or not he can decide to get rid of the ball. He had over 40 sacks while behind NE's line too remember.

Seek
05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Belcher, with the big neck pad and thick pads boy he looks like a linebacker from the 90s chiefs. i think both belcher and studebaker have a real chance to florrish on this defense with the new coaches

I agree with Belcher. I think once the game slows down a little for him, he could be a good player for us at a position that needs a lot of help. He was starting to get more and more reps as the year went along.

bwilliams
05-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Brandon Carr. If he gets any safety help this season, he'll be one of the top 2CBs in the NFL.

chief31
05-17-2010, 11:18 PM
As in Nnamdi, the Raiders cornerback?

No. As in "I'm a dumb***". :lol:

I meant Asamoah, the OG we drafted in the third.

Just a slight brain-fart.:D

Ryfo18
05-17-2010, 11:44 PM
No. As in "I'm a dumb***". :lol:

I meant Asamoah, the OG we drafted in the third.

Just a slight brain-fart.:D

I figured that, but just had to make sure...I wouldn't mind having Nambdi on the team though. Anywhere but the Faids

chief31
05-18-2010, 12:46 AM
I figured that, but just had to make sure...I wouldn't mind having Nambdi on the team though. Anywhere but the Faids

Agreed there. Except I prefer with The Raiders than The Chargers or Broncos. Those teams actually win some games now and then. :D

Hayvern
05-18-2010, 03:32 PM
Tamba

Agreed, this is the year I have hopes that Tamba Hali becomes a household name!

KottkeKU
05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Tamba

Canada
05-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Hali was one of out best defensive players last season. I dont know if I would call him a dark horse but I think he will kiKC some AS$!!

toyotapower
05-24-2010, 03:52 PM
i can see eric berry getting tested a lot and having quite a few interceptions

pbatrucker
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
We have a Team of dark horses. Every one on the Team has room for improvement. How many games we win this year, depends on how many improve and how much.

Connie Jo
05-31-2010, 01:50 PM

Go Chiefs!

I was thinking along the same lines as you..."Dark Horse's" maybe not, but thinking of Matt Cassel and Bowe both 'breaking out' into powerful forces this season, along with a couple others on the offensive side of the ball.

:chiefs:

Coach
06-02-2010, 12:24 AM
I have a really good feeling about Tony Moeaki. This guy looks great on tape and played in a pro-style offense under Kirk Ferentz. Ferentz said he is one of the best TE's he has ever coached. He is a superior run blocker with great hands and speed. Scott Pioli traded back up into the 3rd round to get this guy. How often has Pioli traded up to get anybody? He was notorious for trading down when he was in NE. Pioli sees something special in this guy and I really hope he is right. Every Hawkeye fan I've talked to has raved about this guy. Oh and his name is Tony.

Here is more info on this guy:
What's Everyone Saying About Tony Moeaki | Iowa Hawkeye Blog (http://www.iowahawkeyes.net/hawks/blog/post.cfm?p=whats-everyone-saying-about-iowas-tony-moeaki)

YouTube- Iowa Hawkeyes - Tony Moeaki

brish
06-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah if he ever gets on the field Coach.. ;)

Everyone says he is a talent, I hope he is, and I hope he can stay on the field.