PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Score 8 TD's?

kenny1937
09-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Here's a thread to make predictions for individual performances for this week's game. Here's mine:

Carson Palmer: 19-25, 317 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT
Rudi Johnson: 27 carries, 144 yards, 2 TD
Chad Johnson: 7 receptions, 113 yards, 1 TD
TJ Houshmandzadeh: 6 receptions, 97 yards, 1 TD
Chris Henry: 3 receptions, 74 yards, 1 TD

Cincinnati Defense comes up with 4 sacks, 2 picks, and one fumble recovery.

Larry Johnson: 33 carries, 106 yards, 2 TD

What do you think?

This is hot off the presses at the Bengal Board, Rudi Johnson gets more yard than LJ, in his dreams.
Well that's their assesments as they boast of their coming victory, personally I don't see them finding their way out of the Jungle alive. GO CHIEF'S

chief31
09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
While it may appear to add up to eight touchdowns being scored by the Bengals there, it is actually only five.

Seems to me, that they predict that the Chiefs will only be putting eight men on the field at a time. interesting.

chief31
09-07-2006, 01:03 PM
While it may appear to add up to eight touchdowns being scored by the Bengals there, it is actually only five.

Seems to me, that they predict that the Chiefs will only be putting eight men on the field at a time. interesting.

kenny1937
09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
You are correct, they are boasting only five, 4 sacks? I guess the offensive line must not be in the game, I don't think they had 4 sacks in any game they played last year,
but let's turn that mean red machine loose on Carson and see if thier offensive line shows up. GO CHIEF'S!

:lol: 8-)

Chiefster
09-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Hmmmmm; this looks like fodder for the Smack talk forum.

drunkenben
09-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Two things. First off, The Bengals gave up less sacks (21)than anybody last year except the Colts who had 20. The offensive line is good.
Add the fact that there is extra incentive to keep Carson's jersey clean, you guys get none Sunday
Second thing-The Bengals offense is already in sync. There is no "getting the timing down" or "flipping the switch on", it's already on and the timing is down.
It's gonna be fun on Sunday. :pint:

Chiefster
09-07-2006, 01:40 PM
drunkenben wrote:
...It's gonna be fun on Sunday. :pint:

Well, on this much you and I do agree. :-x

kenny1937
09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
drunkenben wrote:

Two things. First off, The Bengals gave up less sacks (21)than anybody last year except the Colts who had 20. The offensive line is good.
Add the fact that there is extra incentive to keep Carson's jersey clean, you guys get none Sunday
Second thing-The Bengals offense is already in sync. There is no "getting the timing down" or "flipping the switch on", it's already on and the timing is down.
It's gonna be fun on Sunday.

First it is the Bengals bragging 4 sacks not the Chief's, and second Carson Palmers football uniform is going to be dirty at the end of the game, I don't care how good the offensive (smellly) line is.

Secondly Palmer will not be any more in sync than Trent will be, so that's a wash, as Chiefster put it so well, I will agree it will be fun. GO CHIEF'S!
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

prough91
09-07-2006, 09:44 PM

Actually, they're playing the cheerleaders the first half. And still, the Bengals can get only 8 tds. Go figure.

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
prough91 wrote:

Actually, they're playing the cheerleaders the first half. And still, the Bengals can get only 8 tds. Go figure.

Eh, that's a liberal estimate.

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Awwwww Shucks! There you guys go, giving our secret plan away to beat the Bungles er I mean Bengals, they will be SOOooo tired out from chasing the CheerLeaders, that they will have to play the waterboys and trainers plus a coach or two the second half. Now come on quite giving away our strategy to the opposing poster's.
GO CHIEF'S!!

:pint: 8-) :lol: :hammer:

Guru
09-08-2006, 01:38 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Here's a thread to make predictions for individual performances for this week's game. Here's mine:

What do you think?

This is hot off the presses at the Bengal Board, Rudi Johnson gets more yard than LJ, in his dreams.
Well that's their assesments as they boast of their coming victory, personally I don't see them finding their way out of the Jungle alive. GO CHIEF'S

that is actually only 5 TDs.

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 02:15 AM
Guru wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

What do you think?

that is actually only 5 TDs.

Eh, math is not a family strong suite. LOL!

(Just kiddin K-dude; don't hurt me.) :lol:

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Actually Chief31 caught that error right off the bat, and I had to acknowledge that there was only five, now come on guys I may be off in my enthusiasm and math, but please read the post's from beginning to end. I wouldn't hurt one hair on your head Chiefster, you are by far my favorite posters to banter with, as well as Guru and all of you other fine Chief's fans. Having said all that-GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: 8-) :lol:

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 02:31 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Actually Chief31 caught that error right off the bat, and I had to acknowledge that there was only five, now come on guys I may be off in my enthusiasm and math, but please read the post's from beginning to end. I wouldn't hurt one hair on your head Chiefster, you are by far my favorite posters to banter with, as well as Guru and all of you other fine Chief's fans. Having said all that-GO CHIEF'S!!!

:pint: 8-) :lol:

So, tell us how you really feel. :lol: :-P ;-)

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Nope! I hate long boring discussions, besides I'm having to much fun to go getting all serious (grin) besides it was that cheap calculator I bought at the Dollar Store in Independence fault, you get what you pay for. (grin)

GO CHIEF'S!!!

8-) :lol:

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 02:55 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Nope! I hate long boring discussions, besides I'm having to much fun to go getting all serious (grin) besides it was that cheap calculator I bought at the Dollar Store in Independence fault, you get what you pay for. (grin)

GO CHIEF'S!!!

8-) :lol:

Eh, they probably got it from Cincinnati. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 03:19 AM
You are absolutely right Chiefster, I thought it was an legitamate Hong Kong Calculator, and it was contraband from Cincy, no wonder they scored 5 TD's they were using that same brand of calculator to figure how many TD's they would score. You have to subtract three for calculator error, that makes one passing TD and one running TD, now that is a number I can live with. LJ scores at least two, and Trent throws for at least two, plus our defense scores one, voila 5 TD's. See how much better it is when you use fingers and toes.

:pint: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 03:23 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
You are absolutely right Chiefster, I thought it was an legitamate Hong Kong Calculator, and it was contraband from Cincy, no wonder they scored 5 TD's they were using that same brand of calculator to figure how many TD's they would score. You have to subtract three for calculator error, that makes one passing TD and one running TD, now that is a number I can live with. LJ scores at least two, and Trent throws for at least two, plus our defense scores one, voila 5 TD's. See how much better it is when you use fingers and toes.

:pint: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, it's gotta be more accurate. :-D

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Yes, you are right, count on your fingers for math, and for higher equations like algebra you use your toes, anyway had fun tonight, you all are a fun bunch to banter with, a voice is coming from the other room, it is either fate or my better half, so I better sign off for this morning, ONE MORE TIME "GO CHIEF'S"!!!

:lol: :lol: 8-)

09-08-2006, 08:19 AM
kenny1937 wrote:

What do you think?

As a veteran of the Bengal's board, I can tell you that we have a fair amount of absolute HOMERS on there as well. Although I just left the official smack board, I sure didn't see anything like this posted. Anyone who thinks that it will be that lopsided is a Maroon.

I do think the Bengals win, but just like kc, we have people on there who go with their hearts instead of their heads. Actually for the first time we have 3 or 4 chief posters, and their posts seem remarkably similar to what you claim was posted by the Bengals.

My prediction was Bengals 34, chiefs 21. I don't see anyone shutting LJ down.

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 09:41 AM
3777 wrote:

kenny1937 wrote:

What do you think?

As a veteran of the Bengal's board, I can tell you that we have a fair amount of absolute HOMERS on there as well. Although I just left the official smack board, I sure didn't see anything like this posted. Anyone who thinks that it will be that lopsided is a Maroon.

I do think the Bengals win, but just like kc, we have people on there who go with their hearts instead of their heads. Actually for the first time we have 3 or 4 chief posters, and their posts seem remarkably similar to what you claim was posted by the Bengals.

Most who know me; know I got a little bit....well ok, a lot of Chiefs Homer in me as I'm sure all other teams have their respective Homers as well. I think that it, at least in part, defines a fan. So, I don't hate on Homers too much. :-D

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 02:12 PM
3777 wrote:

I don't go to the smack page when I want to see how the opposing fan think, I go to the fan page, you know the one that will not let opposing fans post, so you called your homey that name not me, so getting that so called bogus thing out of the way, and if you are what you say you are, a veteran of the Cincy board you know the rules, their yours not ours, anyway that post was in the fan board, unless it has been taken out, and Chiefter knows me well enough to know that I don't make up stuff about the other board that isn't so, that being said, GO CHIEF'S!!!!
:hammer:

09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Chill out. I'm not saying you made it up, I'm saying that we have unrealistic people on there, just like the kc fan who posted on the Bengal's smack board that the final would be 38-3 chiefs. I know I didn't see it on smack, but I don't go into the other sections very much because of the inability of some of the posters to be rational. If you felt that I was implying that you made it up, you have my deepest heart felt apologies. Probably.

Yup, I called them HOMERS. I do that on both boards. If you go into the smack section I post under 3777 there as well.

I love to talk football and respect everyone who wants to rationally talk it back, whether smack or normal conversation. As Chiefster pointed out, some level of homerism is normal and a good thing. Failing to be able to see your own team's deficiencies or the positives that an opponent brings to the table is not.

BTW, for an educational experience, go to the smack section and see the postings from non-Bengal fans and you will see why they don't let outsiders post on the fan site.

Chiefster
09-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Ok Everyone take a deep breath.

Alright for everyones convenience here they are again; Learn them, love them, live them :-D :

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=82&forum=3

kenny1937
09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Apology (probably) accepted, actually this is your statement I was referring to 3777: I sure didn't see anything like this posted. Anyone who thinks that it will be that lopsided is a Maroon. , I wasn't referring to Homey, I was referring to what I assume is a fun spelling of moron, and the inference that it wasn't on the board, anyway everything is cool, we will enjoy a great game Sunday no matter who wins. Good luck to you and your Bengals, and I say this for both of us LET's HAVE FUN!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guru
09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Eh, I am scared to death of this game because of all of our unanswered questions on both sides of the ball. I expect the Chiefs to win. Hell, I expect that 24/7/365. That is the job of a fan.

I think Cincy is the absolute worst opponent to be stuck with for the first game of the year. I would have to imagine that Cincy fans feel the same about KC. At least realistic ones.

I hope all questions are answered Sunday and that we are victorious but if Cincy wins, more power to them. They have struggled long enough. We know what that was like back in the 80's for us while Cincy was making SB runs.

Chiefster
09-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Guru wrote:
Eh, I am scared to death of this game because of all of our unanswered questions on both sides of the ball. I expect the Chiefs to win. Hell, I expect that 24/7/365. That is the job of a fan.

I think Cincy is the absolute worst opponent to be stuck with for the first game of the year. I would have to imagine that Cincy fans feel the same about KC. At least realistic ones.

I hope all questions are answered Sunday and that we are victorious but if Cincy wins, more power to them. They have struggled long enough. We know what that was like back in the 80's for us while Cincy was making SB runs.

I give a slight edge to KC because were at home.

Guru
09-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

I give a slight edge to KC because were at home.

Hey, you must be an oddsmaker. They have us as 3 pt favorites too.

that is why it cracks me up that everyone thinks this will be a blowout one way or the other.

Chiefster
09-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I am completely convinced that it will be a close hard fought battle both on the ground and through the air.