PDA

View Full Version : The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't care what anyone says

Ryfo18
05-17-2010, 05:29 PM
The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts :ninerssuck:.

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-A-Year-Makes-A-Difference/47c12ed4-e9bf-4dae-8fd3-0d13a26f46a8)

70 chiefsfan70
05-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I love what I'm seeing, just can't wait to see this team in action.

Lookout my fellow chiefs fans ,we are in for a treat, the CHIEFS will rise to the top and once again be the power of the AFC West.:chiefs:

KCINNYC
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Brian Waters included.
I am so freaking excited!
Yeah it says a lot about our team now.

Chief Tyler
05-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Mike Vrabel too? Wow.

buffman316
05-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree completely, The players really seem to be excited about the new coaching staff. The interviews are great and it will be really interesting to see how Cassell and the offense gel this season. Our secondary and running backs should be really exciting!

DC_Chiefsfan
05-17-2010, 08:40 PM
I was excited last year too with all the new personnel in the organization. But this year my excitement is exponentially higher. This is a TEAM and they are gearing up for an exciting winning season!!! GO CHIEFS!!!!!

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-17-2010, 08:50 PM
I agree with the sentiments here, but I really, really, really can't figure out what the title of this thread is supposed to be saying.

matthewschiefs
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't no if there is a lot of teams that can say the same thing. But this is good for a team. Means all the players want to be in KC and that is a good thing.

honda522
05-17-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't see the problem. Its voluntary, vets usual take it easy till mandatory OTA's. Some are still rehabbing...And Page hasn't signed. I suspect since Page hasn't signed, they might be working on a contract.

Ryfo18
05-18-2010, 12:46 AM
I agree with the sentiments here, but I really, really, really can't figure out what the title of this thread is supposed to be saying.

Haha sorry...took a couple seconds off at work to post this article.

"The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't Care What Anyone Says" might be a litte more appropriate.

whatwasthat?
05-18-2010, 01:12 AM
the only thing im hesitant about is rudy taking 1st team reps at center..i dont want him as our center, AT ALL

chief31
05-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Haha sorry...took a couple seconds off at work to post this article.

"The Players are Buying Into the Chiefs System, I don't Care What Anyone Says" might be a litte more appropriate.

I like it.:D

pbatrucker
05-18-2010, 06:00 AM
I love the excitement. I'm afraid Page is burning bridges with the Chiefs by not being in camp.

honda522
05-18-2010, 07:36 AM
I love the excitement. I'm afraid Page is burning bridges with the Chiefs by not being in camp.
I am pretty sure I read an interview with Page saying he was ready for the 2010 season and that he and Flowers really liked working out with Berry before the draft.

Seek
05-18-2010, 09:54 AM
The fact that all but one (Page, who still hasn't signed) are attending VOLUNTARY OTAs says a lot about the mentality of this team.

Now bring all the negative posts :ninerssuck:.

Insider Blog: A Year Makes A Difference (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-A-Year-Makes-A-Difference/47c12ed4-e9bf-4dae-8fd3-0d13a26f46a8)

Why are you expecting negative posts. The only people who would whine are the people who didn't give Haley a chance last year and jumped to conclusions that the players hated Haley because he yelled at them for sucking. They were to used to losing. As they got better he didn't yell as much.

I will tell you this. Page needs to get his butt signed and in camp. If he thinks his job is safe, because he be wrong. Specially if he does not sign his tender looking for a bigger contract.

Seek
05-18-2010, 09:57 AM
I am pretty sure I read an interview with Page saying he was ready for the 2010 season and that he and Flowers really liked working out with Berry before the draft.

It was on his twitter page. Regardless that does not put him at OTA's and for a postion the Chiefs clearly looked to upgrade in.

I too think he is on thin ice.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Ah, that title makes more sense!

I don't think the Chiefs brass are going to be all that concerned when a restricted free agent (who would have been an UFA in a capped year) hasn't signed his tender, especially when he was just replaced in the draft.

this isn't an issue of the player "not being on board." it's business.

Just remember that he isn't under contract. It isn't like Andre Johnson, who has FIVE YEARS left on his contract. Page isn't "holding out." He hasn't officially joined the team yet, so I don't think it's altogether terrible that he's absent.

I don't think Page is on thin ice, personally. I certainly don't think he's our free safety, but he works hard, he's a talented player, and he'll make a great strong safety or backup.

BY THE WAY

If any of you are thinking that the hiring of Weis and Crennel is not DIRECTLY responsible for the players, especially the vets like Waters and Vrabel, being happy and present at these OTAs, you're missing the point.

Instead of having idiots like Krumrie yelling at them, or having their coordinators argue with the head coach about philosophy, they are staring at 9 super bowl rings hand-in-hand with Haley. there is finally cohesion in the coaching ranks. Talented, experienced, proven coaches who all are on the same page.

It's a big deal.

chief31
05-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Why are you expecting negative posts. The only people who would whine are the people who didn't give Haley a chance last year and jumped to conclusions that the players hated Haley because he yelled at them for sucking. They were to used to losing. As they got better he didn't yell as much.

I will tell you this. Page needs to get his butt signed and in camp. If he thinks his job is safe, because he be wrong. Specially if he does not sign his tender looking for a bigger contract.

Todd Haley made alot of mistakes in his first season as a Head Coach. And he definitely made enemies of several of the players. He managed to salvage some bad relationships. But he also failed to salvage some.

There is nothing negative about saying that. It's what happened.

Hayvern
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Ah, that title makes more sense!

I don't think the Chiefs brass are going to be all that concerned when a restricted free agent (who would have been an UFA in a capped year) hasn't signed his tender, especially when he was just replaced in the draft.

this isn't an issue of the player "not being on board." it's business.

Just remember that he isn't under contract. It isn't like Andre Johnson, who has FIVE YEARS left on his contract. Page isn't "holding out." He hasn't officially joined the team yet, so I don't think it's altogether terrible that he's absent.

I don't think Page is on thin ice, personally. I certainly don't think he's our free safety, but he works hard, he's a talented player, and he'll make a great strong safety or backup.

BY THE WAY

If any of you are thinking that the hiring of Weis and Crennel is not DIRECTLY responsible for the players, especially the vets like Waters and Vrabel, being happy and present at these OTAs, you're missing the point.

Instead of having idiots like Krumrie yelling at them, or having their coordinators argue with the head coach about philosophy, they are staring at 9 super bowl rings hand-in-hand with Haley. there is finally cohesion in the coaching ranks. Talented, experienced, proven coaches who all are on the same page.

It's a big deal.

I have not heard an update recently, but there was some reports that Page was still injured from last year. That would explain a lot as to why he is not with the team and why he has not resigned.

There is no hurry and if he is injured still, then his spot will be as open for him as any other injured player out there.

In February he did work out, and he is saying he feels great, but there is a difference with what the player is saying and what the trainers say.

:beat_DeadHorse: time

Still, we let go the wrong safety last year.

Seek
05-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Todd Haley made alot of mistakes in his first season as a Head Coach. And he definitely made enemies of several of the players. He managed to salvage some bad relationships. But he also failed to salvage some.

There is nothing negative about saying that. It's what happened.

What players????

LJ... I would side with Haley on that one.

Waters???? That was before the season started and that was Waters fault for just showing up and expecting them to talk contracts. I can not go into my bosses office during the middle the day without setting up a meeting and demand for them to give me a raise or move me to a different team. I don't care who you are or how much respect the fans thinks he deserves. Point of that arguement. Haley did win two games with anyone off the street. I side with Haley and Pioli. Clearly they worked things out before the season even started.

Bobby Wade??? They guy openly and on TV erupted when Haley called him out for making a mistake. I side with Haley.

The biggest mistake he made was claiming himself as OC. Other than that, any mistake he made towards a player is probably a player with has a Me Me losing attitude and is not needed on this team.

bwilliams
05-18-2010, 06:47 PM
What players????

Waters???? That was before the season started and that was Waters fault for just showing up and expecting them to talk contracts. I can not go into my bosses office during the middle the day without setting up a meeting and demand for them to give me a raise or move me to a different team. I don't care who you are or how much respect the fans thinks he deserves. Point of that arguement. Haley did win two games with anyone off the street. I side with Haley and Pioli. Clearly they worked things out before the season even started.

Bobby Wade??? They guy openly and on TV erupted when Haley called him out for making a mistake. I side with Haley.

The biggest mistake he made was claiming himself as OC. Other than that, any mistake he made towards a player is probably a player with has a Me Me losing attitude and is not needed on this team.

I think he's probably referring to Pollard, DJ, and Bowe.

chief31
05-19-2010, 03:39 AM
What players????

No matter who you side with, he made enemies of some of the players. That is what happened. And saying that is not negative.

As far as mistakes go, if the HC is perfect then the team will have a pretty good record. We did not. So it's pretty safe to assume that mistakes were made. Afterall, how many games did LJ start? :D

And even that is not some big negative statement. It's just a fact of life that noone is perfect.

Muhammad Ali lost 5 fights in his professional career. Micheal Jordan said it himself... "I have failed over and over and over again".

Seek
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
No matter who you side with, he made enemies of some of the players. That is what happened. And saying that is not negative.

Is this your opinion or fact. Name the players he made enemies with. You do not know this at all other than LJ. My point is that there are people (specially in the media) so negative about Haley, they twisted stories like Brian Waters, to play against him. People like Mitch Holthus said all years that the TV is only picking up the negatives. Haley was more than happy to reward and recognize positive play as well but that didnt' make good TV. From what he had saw, his positive out weighed the negatives at least 3 to 1.

The point I am making is that he probably didn't make as enemies as you THINK he did, and the players are all on the same page as Haley and it is showing by their attendance.

And if you truly think Page is safe because he is a good safety. Look back one year to Bernard Pollard. At this point Page, is hurting his status by not signing is RFA and joining OTA's. Page will not make a SS. He is not a very good tackler specially against the run.

Seek
05-19-2010, 10:11 AM
I think he's probably referring to Pollard, DJ, and Bowe.

Bowe, the same player who dumped water on Haley after his first win and hugged him afterwards.

DJ, has more times than once said he knows he has work to do and even admited to being out of position on one of his TD's against Denver.

I had no problems with Pollard Leaving.

Canada
05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
wait for it....

Seek
05-19-2010, 10:25 AM
wait for it....

Yep, Apparently there are a lot of negative fans who are looking for excuses to hate on a coach that does not accept losing.

Fact of the matter, Haley ruffled feathers on a team set on losing. If people have problems with that, maybe they should cheer for the Lions or Rams instead.

Canada
05-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Yep, Apparently there are a lot of negative fans who are looking for excuses to hate on a coach that does not accept losing.

Fact of the matter, Haley ruffled feathers on a team set on losing. If people have problems with that, maybe they should cheer for the Lions or Rams instead.

I think the losing mindset got into a lot of fans too unfortunately. Its hard to cheer after three years of disaapointment but I like what Haley is doing. It takes time to build a winner!! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Is this your opinion or fact. Name the players he made enemies with. You do not know this at all other than LJ. My point is that there are people (specially in the media) so negative about Haley, they twisted stories like Brian Waters, to play against him. People like Mitch Holthus said all years that the TV is only picking up the negatives. Haley was more than happy to reward and recognize positive play as well but that didnt' make good TV. From what he had saw, his positive out weighed the negatives at least 3 to 1.

The point I am making is that he probably didn't make as enemies as you THINK he did, and the players are all on the same page as Haley and it is showing by their attendance.

And if you truly think Page is safe because he is a good safety. Look back one year to Bernard Pollard. At this point Page, is hurting his status by not signing is RFA and joining OTA's. Page will not make a SS. He is not a very good tackler specially against the run.

If only Bernard Pollard, Larry Johnson, Bobby Wade and Brian Waters (Temporarily), he had bad relationships with some of the players.

But there are more, most have already been mentioned here, that he certainly appeared to have done this with.

But, regardless of how many players this happened with, if was more than one, then he made enemies of some of the players.

Even if what he did to make a player an enemy was the right thing to do, and it was all the player's fault, he still made enemies of some of the players.

Did he make enemies of some of his players?

Seek
05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
If only Bernard Pollard, Larry Johnson, Bobby Wade and Brian Waters (Temporarily), he had bad relationships with some of the players.

But there are more, most have already been mentioned here, that he certainly appeared to have done this with.

But, regardless of how many players this happened with, if was more than one, then he made enemies of some of the players.

Even if what he did to make a player an enemy was the right thing to do, and it was all the player's fault, he still made enemies of some of the players.

Making enemies with the players is pure speculation based on Negative opinions.

I am not saying he didn't, but there was NOTHING reported to say he did other than LJ.

Canada
05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, but Chief31 likes to argue semantics to prove himself right. There must be more people who are his enemies because he argued with someone!!

chief31
05-20-2010, 04:29 AM
Yeah, but Chief31 likes to argue semantics to prove himself right. There must be more people who are his enemies because he argued with someone!!

And Canada likes to follow me around like a lost puppy, but doesn't read past a paragraph to understand anything being said.

You are a hero to us all.

Making enemies with the players is pure speculation based on Negative opinions.

I am not saying he didn't, but there was NOTHING reported to say he did other than LJ.

Bernard Pollard. That's two. That makes players, plural. No negative opinion to it. They got into a shouting match on the sideline, then Pollard was promptly released.

It doesn't matter who reported it, or opted not to report it. That is irrelevant because we all witnessed it.

Brian Waters tried to get traded after his first discussion with Todd Haley. For a brief time, he had made an enemy of Waters.

Right or wrong, love it or hate it, he did make enemies of some of his players. And saying that he did is comparable to making note that the grass in my yard is green. It's just stating the obvious.

Why you want to break down how deep the shade of green is is beyond me. Emerald green, forest green, mint green... it's still green.

Canada
05-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Semantics.

Canada
05-20-2010, 07:15 AM
And Canada likes to follow me around like a lost puppy, but doesn't read past a paragraph to understand anything being said.

Brilliant response.

Why does it bother you so much that people like me?

Bernard Pollard. That's two. That makes players, plural. No negative opinion to it. They got into a shouting match on the sideline, then Pollard was promptly released.

It doesn't matter who reported it, or opted not to report it. That is irrelevant because we all witnessed it.

Brian Waters tried to get traded after his first discussion with Todd Haley. For a brief time, he had made an enemy of Waters.

Right or wrong, love it or hate it, he did make enemies of some of his players. And saying that he did is comparable to making note that the grass in my yard is green. It's just stating the obvious.

Why you want to break down how deep the shade of green is is beyond me. Emerald green, forest green, mint green... it's still green.

So if you ague with someone, they are your enemy? I just want to understand exactly what you typed. I argued with my mom once but we have never been enemies. I think you try too hard to find things wrong. Lighten up man.

Ryfo18
05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
I've yelled at coaches, teammates, fellow coworkers, family, and some of you nitwits on here:D, but none these people I mentioned are my enemies. People don't always see head to head, but that's far from being enemies. Simple misunderstandings can blow up in the heat of the moment, but you move past them without instantly becoming "enemies".

Seek
05-20-2010, 10:14 AM

I yelled and argued at both of my sons yesterday. They were not listening and back talked me. They both woke up this morning loving me and hugging on me. The youngest refused to let me leave him at day care and cried when I left. Is he my enemy?

Pollard, showed he wasn't about the team. Pollard made enemies with his boss and was fired for it.

LJ showed he wasn't about the team. He quit made enemies with his boss, publicly called him out and was fired.

Those are what you call cancers in the locker room. Clearly this draft shows that type of player this team is looking for and it is not those type of players. Last season was a weeding season.

Ryfo18
05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I couldn't agree more with Seek. There is a huge difference between candor, which is a great trait to have within any organization, and a player that is acting as a cancer to the team.

honda522
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM

All players hate coaches to a certain degree. Coaches push players to the max sometimes and they don't like it.

They may hate the coach as a coach....like DJ or whatever, but there are players LJ who call them out and don't like them as a person.

Very few players on this team hate Todd as a person...probably none, cause the one that did is gone and still hating.

Pro_Angler
05-20-2010, 05:49 PM
people are crazy not to think that there wont be arguments ever again..
Some players will not like the new coaching regime, some will. Some players will be cut because they can't "get along" it's like that with any job, not just football.
We got a new GM at my work, there has been 3 peoplegone the first 3 weeks just because they didnt want to be compliant.. Its not just football.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Chief31, I understand what you're saying, and you have points, but if you're going to live by the semantics, then you die by the semantics.

What is an "enemy?" Can you go ahead and define that?

because if an "enemy" is someone who yells at Haley, then Kurt Warner was an enemy. Except that Kurt Warner consistently said that Haley was the reason they were successful, and would text him several times a night about ideas. Who, then?

Haley is abrasive and yells. so did Cowher. Players yell back. Haley isn't kicking them off the field for yelling back. He's kicking them off the field for being fat, lazy, unprepared, and blowing assignments. I think Haley LIKES players who get pissed off. I think he wants a little grit. Just freaking do your job.

McLovin
05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
I've yelled at coaches, teammates, fellow coworkers, family, and some of you nitwits on here:D, but none these people I mentioned are my enemies. People don't always see head to head, but that's far from being enemies. Simple misunderstandings can blow up in the heat of the moment, but you move past them without instantly becoming "enemies".

Im your enemy. Lol just kiddin had to throw that in there.

:sign0087:

kckidd8870
05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Watch out Charger's,I see a big win on Monday Night football.31 to 14 win.At least I hope.Time to get this party started.I have a filling this is going to be a pretty good year for the Chiefs.Keep those Chiefs players away from the groupies and everything will be fine.lol

matthewschiefs
05-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Watch out Charger's,I see a big win on Monday Night football.31 to 14 win.At least I hope.Time to get this party started.I have a filling this is going to be a pretty good year for the Chiefs.Keep those Chiefs players away from the groupies and everything will be fine.lol

I see a win to. Maybe not a big win but this is one that we can win. With the slow starting chargers at home. I really can't wait for this game.

KCINNYC
05-21-2010, 01:21 AM
:rock_dj: :rock_dj: The game is at 9 PM...Arrowhead is going to be pretty much liquored up and pissed off by kick off. I think the crowd puts us over the top!

chief31
05-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Chief31, I understand what you're saying, and you have points, but if you're going to live by the semantics, then you die by the semantics.

What is an "enemy?" Can you go ahead and define that?

because if an "enemy" is someone who yells at Haley, then Kurt Warner was an enemy. Except that Kurt Warner consistently said that Haley was the reason they were successful, and would text him several times a night about ideas. Who, then?

Haley is abrasive and yells. so did Cowher. Players yell back. Haley isn't kicking them off the field for yelling back. He's kicking them off the field for being fat, lazy, unprepared, and blowing assignments. I think Haley LIKES players who get pissed off. I think he wants a little grit. Just freaking do your job.

<Enemy>1 : one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
Enemy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enemy)

<Antagonize>1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle
Antagonism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antagonism)

I am speaking plain english here. I shouldn't be defending the meaning of reasonably common words of the language that we all use.

If someone is opposing you, then by the definition of the word "enemy", they are your enemy during that opposition. Rather it is your own kids, your wife, your best friend, or whoever.

And, as far as who was making an enemy of whom, that can be stated either way, as they made enemies of each other by opposing one another.

Am I arguing semantics? Yes. Because that is where Seek has chosen to go with this. Challenging the semantics of my statement will often get me to argue semantics with ya.

I said that Todd Haley made enemies of some of his players.

And then everyone challenges the meaning of the word "enemy" while making a fuss that I am arguing semantics? (I am not going to have to define "semantics" here, am I?)

Canada
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
<Enemy>1 : one that is antagonistic to another; especially : one seeking to injure, overthrow, or confound an opponent
Enemy - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/enemy)

<Antagonize>1 a : opposition of a conflicting force, tendency, or principle
Antagonism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/antagonism)

I am speaking plain english here. I shouldn't be defending the meaning of reasonably common words of the language that we all use.

If someone is opposing you, then by the definition of the word "enemy", they are your enemy during that opposition. Rather it is your own kids, your wife, your best friend, or whoever.

And, as far as who was making an enemy of whom, that can be stated either way, as they made enemies of each other by opposing one another.

Am I arguing semantics? Yes. Because that is where Seek has chosen to go with this. Challenging the semantics of my statement will often get me to argue semantics with ya.

I said that Todd Haley made enemies of some of his players.

And then everyone challenges the meaning of the word "enemy" while making a fuss that I am arguing semantics? (I am not going to have to define "semantics" here, am I?)

No but you probably will.

Canada
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
One could also say that opposing sides of an argument would be opponents. But you can call them enemies if it makes your ridiculous argument sound reasonable.

Seek
05-21-2010, 09:54 AM
One could also say that opposing sides of an argument would be opponents. But you can call them enemies if it makes your ridiculous argument sound reasonable.

I guess that makes half the Chiefs Team enemies against each other. The offense and defense are constantly opposing of conflicting force.

My dictionary says
en-e-my n. One who feels hatred toward, intends, injury to, or oppposes the interest of another foe. 2. A hostile power of force.

I guess D-Bowe as Haley's enemy was trying to kill Haley by dumping cool aid on him, and after failing to do that sufficate him with a bear hug and doing so with a smile.

Ryfo18
05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
I guess that makes half the Chiefs Team enemies against each other. The offense and defense are constantly opposing of conflicting force.

My dictionary says
en-e-my n. One who feels hatred toward, intends, injury to, or oppposes the interest of another foe. 2. A hostile power of force.

I guess D-Bowe as Haley's enemy was trying to kill Haley by dumping cool aid on him, and after failing to do that sufficate him with a bear hug and doing so with a smile.

Right on.

I think the real point is that EVERY team has stupid little fights between coach and players. It's the nature of the game. To make a big deal about it is silly. It's your typical everyday disagreement.

matthewschiefs
05-21-2010, 01:47 PM

My dictionary says

It was the perfect crime. D bowe is an evil genius :lol:

matthewschiefs
05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Right on.

I think the real point is that EVERY team has stupid little fights between coach and players. It's the nature of the game. To make a big deal about it is silly. It's your typical everyday disagreement.

Little fights happen every week in the NFL. It just gets blown up when the tv camaras catch it.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Ugh let it go bro

chief31
05-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Right on.

Yes they do. I think the reason that it became such an issue here was because of the high volume of reported issues, as well as the end result with some players leaving the team due to those issues as opposed to playing ability.

I wasn't trying to make any big deal about it. Just trying to say that the ability to notice that there were personality clashes on this team isn't being negative.

I am excited about the upcoming season. Haven't fealt this good about what the team looks like since Roaf retired.

But anytime anything that isn't directly related to how amazingly wonderful everything is gets mentioned it is instantly attacked. I just can't pretend that we have won the past two Super Bowls and are poised to continue a long term dynasty. Not without some kind of prescription from my Dr. anyway.

Alot of questions remain unanswered at this point. And I don't do faith. I have concerns about the team. And I even notice some of the problems that the team has had that could still be a factor.

Looking past the silver lining to note the grey cloud is just flat-out unpopular around here. And that works for me. Just gives me something to discuss.:D

Three7s
05-21-2010, 10:24 PM
^It's nice to be surprised anyway!

chief31
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
^It's nice to be surprised anyway!
That's true. Love when things exceed my expectations, and hate when the fail to meet them.

chief31
05-22-2010, 12:40 AM

Yes, it is ridiculous of someone to use the appropriate words as they are defined to make a statement.

We should all be so wise as to not read something, yet defy the meaning without regard for the meaning.

Logic be damned...

:sSig_youtheman: :sFl_canada2:

Chiefster
05-22-2010, 05:28 AM
That's true. Love when things exceed my expectations, and hate when the fail to meet them.

This statement defines where I am as a Chiefs fan; which is why I, so many times, take a "wait and see" approach to each new season. :D

Canada
05-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes, it is ridiculous of someone to use the appropriate words as they are defined to make a statement.

We should all be so wise as to not read something, yet defy the meaning without regard for the meaning.

Logic be damned...

So opposite sides of an argument are "enemies"? Not opponents.

Brilliant!! :pointlaugh:

jtandcrew
05-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Logic be damned...

Think about it! Are you married or have a girlfriend? I disagree with my wife as she does with me! That dont make us enemies! Think about the context of what is said and take it in stride!:chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

KCINNYC
05-22-2010, 02:30 PM
This statement defines where I am as a Chiefs fan; which is why I, so many times, take a "wait and see" approach to each new season. :D

exactly

Seek
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
to me Chief31 is a chiefs fan, and loves this team. That is all that matters. I could care less of disputing this any further because it is really means nothing.

The only point I was trying to make was that Todd Haley did not make as many enemies as the media tried to make it. Defining what is a enemy is irrelavant. He did ruffle feather but that was needed. If anyone wants to be negative about him making enemies, just wants to be negative about the coach because they don't like his methods. Plain and simple.

This team still has holes, we all know that, but unlike Herms plan, we can all see the plan in the works.

chief31
05-23-2010, 12:06 AM
So opposite sides of an argument are "enemies"? Not opponents.

Brilliant!! :pointlaugh:

I reread the whole thread. (Not really. I already know the answer to this.)

Where did I say that the word "Opponents" wouldn't work?

Oh yeah. You like to misread things.:lol:

Think about it! Are you married or have a girlfriend? I disagree with my wife as she does with me! That dont make us enemies! Think about the context of what is said and take it in stride!:chiefs: :bananen_smilies046:

If you choose to believe that he word doesn't fit there, then fine. But Merriam-Webster's disagrees.

By their primary definition of the word, your wife and yourself are enemies during opposition.

to me Chief31 is a chiefs fan, and loves this team. That is all that matters. I could care less of disputing this any further because it is really means nothing.

The only point I was trying to make was that Todd Haley did not make as many enemies as the media tried to make it. Defining what is a enemy is irrelavant. He did ruffle feather but that was needed. If anyone wants to be negative about him making enemies, just wants to be negative about the coach because they don't like his methods. Plain and simple.

This team still has holes, we all know that, but unlike Herms plan, we can all see the plan in the works.

Agreed, and thanks, Seek. I feel the same with regards to being like-minded about The Chiefs.

I don't carry any ill regard toward fellow fans for choosing to look past problems, or just having faith that things will work themselves out.

And, while I may often disagree with members here, I still respect each one of you.

Some will become irritating at times (I am certain that I become irritating to many, often.) But, when it's all said and done, we both love this team. And we both want The Chiefs to do well. Even if it is someone who is just following ya around and complaining, no matter what ya write,
(:sFl_canada2: ) I don't hate. :D

tornadospotter
05-23-2010, 01:52 AM
:sign0008::efpge::sign0153::sign0151::focus::beer:
More posting please, this is a fun read!

Chiefster
05-23-2010, 03:45 AM
:sign0008::efpge::sign0153::sign0151::focus::beer:
More posting please, this is a fun read!

Yup, I love this thread! :lol:

Canada
05-23-2010, 10:35 AM
I reread the whole thread. (Not really. I already know the answer to this.)

Where did I say that the word "Opponents" wouldn't work?

Oh yeah. You like to misread things.:lol:

Never said that it wouldn't work, its just that people who speak the english langage properly wouldn't usually use the word enemies to describe opposing sides of an argument.

If you choose to believe that he word doesn't fit there, then fine. But Merriam-Webster's disagrees.

At least someone does.

By their primary definition of the word, your wife and yourself are enemies during opposition.

Agreed, and thanks, Seek. I feel the same with regards to being like-minded about The Chiefs.

I don't carry any ill regard toward fellow fans for choosing to look past problems, or just having faith that things will work themselves out.

And, while I may often disagree with members here, I still respect each one of you.

Some will become irritating at times (I am certain that I become irritating to many, often.) But, when it's all said and done, we both love this team. And we both want The Chiefs to do well. Even if it is someone who is just following ya around and complaining, no matter what ya write,
(:sFl_canada2: ) I don't hate. :D

No, you don't hate!! Its funny how I am the one following you around. Several people have posted in this thread but I am the one who follows you around. What is your obsession with me? Or does it bother you that we are enemies in this thread. Or maybe it is just opposing sides of an argument!!

Chiefster
05-24-2010, 03:07 AM
I think we have witnessed an irresistible force collide with an immovable object.

Hayvern
05-24-2010, 04:08 PM

Enemies with the players? I am not sure about that, but he sure did not have their respect last year, which is more problematic than making enemies.

I can be your enemy and respect you, but if I have no respect for you, then nothing you say or do will ever have an impact on me.

I believe that is what happened last year, and by some of the statements I read from players on the team, it is at least partially confirmed.

I also do believe that things were said by Cardinals players during the pro-bowl that fired up the-former-chiefs-player-who-shall-remain-nameless and Waters.

Hopefully he (Haley) has turned that corner though and he has regained some respect.

Canada
05-24-2010, 04:12 PM
I didnt see any disrespect. they played there as$es off for him right up until the end of the season. I saw argument and disagreements, but I dont think there is a team in the NFL that does not have the exact same problems. Put 60 guys together for a season and i promise you they wont get along all the time!!

pbatrucker
05-24-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree with Canada. No way they play that hard if Haley doesn't have their respect. You might not like his style but don't be like Fatlock and fabricate something that isn't true.