PDA

View Full Version : moving!

jtandcrew
05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
OK! here we go! I know I have mentioned this before! Now the time has come! We are moving to Pennsylvania! I have a start date of 6-2. We really wanted to be there for a game this year and especially the MNF game, but its not going to happen! I am going to have to order dish and the nfl package like others that are out of town. Or just listen to it on the web at 101thefox.com. Now, I am sorry I am moving away from KC, I know I am moving to where some other Chiefs fans live! All of you that live in the Mt Pocono area, give me a shout, either in the thread or PM. Also, im moving closer to Canada, the member not just the country! Look out Northeast! Im bringing my midwest Chiefsloving beerdrinking crazy *** there! God help you all! :lol: :chiefs: :bananen_smilies046: :punk: :mooning:

Canada
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Canada (the guy and the country) will have a cold one waiting for you anytime!!:sFl_canada2:

Ryfo18
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
It's really not so bad...Other than not being able to go to Arrowhead whenever you want, you can still watch the Chiefs on TV and drink beer all Sunday...Not much changes :)

honda522
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
I will know that feeling in a couple of years from now....for as I cannot live in Kansas City for the rest of my life.

chiefnut
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
welcome jt to NE. PA. when you get here giv me a shout, i can hep you with local buisneses you can trust....Drs., lawyers, contractors,plumbers, architects, tire & auto centers, etc.... and places to go to watch CHIEFS game. you will only be about 1hr 45min away from Big Charlies bar in south philly which is a huge CHIEFS fan hang out especially on game day. my daughter lives in mt.pocono and i'm only 30 min away.

jtandcrew
05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Sounds good chiefnut! We will be living just outside of Mt Pocono in Pocono Farms. Close enough to work yet far enough away from Pocono Country Place. We were close to deciding to commute from Bushkill but decided to take a smaller house closer to work. The winters can be a pain from what I here. Im trying to get the realtor to get me a list of the utility providers there and also if the people we will be renting from will allow us to get dish. Im still wondering if they will get the paperwork done fast enough for us to get moved in on time. Atm, we are not leaving Kansas until the 31st. So we will be driving straight through and I will start work on Wednesday. BUSY week! If we get some things in order by the weekend maybe we can get together for a drink. Although, the only restaurant we found we liked, so far, was the Ice House down by Pocono Lake. Will give updates as things proceed.:bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Btw Canada? Where exactly do you live? I am wondering just how far away you are from where we are going to be living?

Canada
05-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Btw Canada? Where exactly do you live? I am wondering just how far away you are from where we are going to be living?

I am about 20 minutes for the US order. The closest city you would probably know is Niagara Falls. I work in the falls and can see the US side. I think I will be about 5 hrs from your new home.

Canada
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually it would be5 hours and 25 mins according to Google.

Google Maps (http://maps.google.ca/?utm_campaign=en&utm_source=en-ha-na-ca-bk-gm&utm_medium=ha&utm_term=google%20map)

jtandcrew
05-21-2010, 10:28 AM
:lol: Eh! about 2 hr 45 min drive for each of us! Maybe, when we get things settled we might have to each make a road trip to somewhere in the middle for a few beers.:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
05-21-2010, 11:23 AM
:lol: Eh! about 2 hr 45 min drive for each of us! Maybe, when we get things settled we might have to each make a road trip to somewhere in the middle for a few beers.:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

I don't mind a five hour drive but im crashing on your couch!! :D Anyways, thats five hours metric...so I think thats about 4 hours Imperial!!

chiefnut
05-21-2010, 12:22 PM
next time the CHIEFS play in booofalo we can all get together & do som tailgatin! ralph wilson is one of the most unimpressive stadiums i have been to. the fans were not very hospitable either.

chiefnut
05-21-2010, 12:25 PM
oh btw jt the winters in the poconos can be pretty bad, we get our fair share of snow but we have been prone to ice storms that can shut down the area from a day to a week.

Canada
05-21-2010, 12:30 PM
next time the CHIEFS play in booofalo we can all get together & do som tailgatin! ralph wilson is one of the most unimpressive stadiums i have been to. the fans were not very hospitable either.

Last time I went to the ralph, I stood up at the end of the game, flipped off all the fans and pissed all over the seat in front of me!! :D I had waaaaay too much to drink that day. I threw a kid inthe piss trough for calling me a *** cause I was wearing Chiefs stuff. (the game was Buffalo/san fran) I have never left Fubbalo without getting into it with some idiot that cant handle his beer.

And their poor little tailgate is a lonely wiener on a BBG nest to the Arrowhead experience!!! :bananen_smilies046:

chiefnut
05-21-2010, 12:58 PM
yeah, i stopped short of pissin' but had a close encounter of the @***hole kind. the only good part of the trip was all the CHIEFS stuff was marked way down so i got some real good deals.

jtandcrew
05-25-2010, 03:15 AM
I look forward to it Canada! I will have extra room so you wont have to sleep on the couch! chiefnut? As far as going to the Ralph? I will have to think about that one! lol I would rather Canada drive to us then we travel to Philly to the bar you were talking about! :lol: Also, with your helping about the better Dr's and such? I look forward to it and my wife and I would appreciate it! :bananen_smilies046: Although, at the moment, we are wondering if this deal is going to get done for my 6-2 start date! We still havent even heard from the listing agent about the credit/background checks I faxed them a week ago! Then we still have to get the lease, sign it, fax it back to them and the company. Then wait for the company to cut the check for our relocation expenses and clear it with the bank! :lol: Thats not even all to happen for us to leave in less than a week! :lol: Keep you guys updated as it goes! Im going to have another beer now! :lol: :toast2: :drunkhb: :canbeer: :beer:

Connie Jo
05-27-2010, 01:34 AM
OK! here we go! I know I have mentioned this before! Now the time has come! We are moving to Pennsylvania! I have a start date of 6-2. We really wanted to be there for a game this year and especially the MNF game, but its not going to happen! I am going to have to order dish and the nfl package like others that are out of town. Or just listen to it on the web at 101thefox.com. Now, I am sorry I am moving away from KC, I know I am moving to where some other Chiefs fans live! All of you that live in the Mt Pocono area, give me a shout, either in the thread or PM. Also, im moving closer to Canada, the member not just the country! Look out Northeast! Im bringing my midwest Chiefsloving beerdrinking crazy *** there! God help you all! :lol: :chiefs: :bananen_smilies046: :punk: :mooning:

Well, congratulations are in order, so congrats!

Congrats now given, I'm a bit sad the time has come for you to move, as you were somewhat my closest Chiefs Crowd neighbor...less than 30 minutes away, also in a small rural town community.

I do wish you and your family nothing but the best in Pennsylvania, however! :)

Connie Jo
05-27-2010, 01:39 AM

Oh heck! 5 hour road trip ain't nothing if it means hanging with Canada on Chiefs Game Day! You're gonna have to make that 'short' road trip a few times, ya just have too! :D

jtandcrew
05-27-2010, 02:22 AM
We still dont know if we have the house yet! Which really sucks since they dont want to hold the job past 6-2! I am burning, or trying to, everyones ears off to find some info! as far as Connie goes? You still have time to stop and have a beer with us if we get this worked out!:bananen_smilies046:

KCFromDenmark
05-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi Canada, how fare away are you from from me? i like the see what Google says to that?

Good luck with the moving part it sounds to me that you allready have some new drinking buddies!:drunkhb:

Canada
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
It says it cant calculate between Canada and Denmark. I GUess I will have to come over for a beer and find out.

Connie Jo
05-31-2010, 02:22 PM
We still dont know if we have the house yet! Which really sucks since they dont want to hold the job past 6-2! I am burning, or trying to, everyones ears off to find some info! as far as Connie goes? You still have time to stop and have a beer with us if we get this worked out!:bananen_smilies046:

Well, I sure would stop by and have a 'going away' beer with y'all, but seems the timing is bad all around with people moving though. My daughter, her hubby, kids, & two of their dogs...are staying with me right now temporarily till their new place is ready to move in to...I haven't had much time for anything else...they're keeping me busy coming & going!

If it doesn't work out to share a beer or two before you move...I wish you nothing but the best with your move and job in Pennsylvania. Hopefully someday you'll be able to make it back for a Chiefs Crowd gathering at Arrowhead!

KottkeKU
05-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey congrats man. Also, you don't have to order DISH, and NFL package, that would be overboard. I don't live in the KC area, but I watch Chiefs games online. This is a good thread on another forum that should be helpful!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=5966876

LargoChief
06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Jt and Crew...don't know you but good luck. Moved to Fl from Upstate New York and even though I was the lone Chiefs fan in
New York, I knew everyone. In Florida I have met a great deal of people and have made many great friends. Chiefnut you sound cool, looking to hook him up with some credible people. I am rarely on the board and never posts...but I thought this was a cool exchange..good luck man.

Coach
06-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Hey congrats man. Also, you don't have to order DISH, and NFL package, that would be overboard. I don't live in the KC area, but I watch Chiefs games online. This is a good thread on another forum that should be helpful!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=5966876

I tried using those streams, but they were unreliable at best. I ended up opting for the NFL package and directv. Couldn't be happier. I think DirecTV is launching a new service where you can watch the games live via a computer or smartphone. More info to come later.

Chiefster
06-02-2010, 12:58 AM
I tried using those streams, but they were unreliable at best. I ended up opting for the NFL package and directv. Couldn't be happier. I think DirecTV is launching a new service where you can watch the games live via a computer or smartphone. More info to come later.

That would be awesome!

Only wished I had DirecTV.

jtandcrew
06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes! I have not left yet! We are still trying to get a house sorted out! Its been a freaking nightmare for the last 6 months! Btw, what is the difference between dish and direct tv? preference? I really dont know since I have always had cable but I want to make sure I get the Chiefs games this coming season! I will keep everyone informed what is going on! We should know something more sometime later this morning! :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
06-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Btw, what is the difference between dish and direct tv? preference?

DirecTV is better than Dish TV in my opinion. And most importantly, DirecTV has the NFL package. Dish TV does not. Which means if you want to see the Chiefs, you'll need to get DirecTV.

chiefnut
06-05-2010, 01:16 PM
if you get a chance between now and the start of the season you can check out a vid @ kcchiefs.com/mediacenter and type in arrowhead east or Big Charlies Arrowhead East and watch a surprise visit by Scott Pioli there. good stuff!!