PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs should host Super Bowl now

homieschooler
05-27-2010, 02:36 AM
First post. Chiefs fan since 1994. I have never seen the Chiefs win a playoff game......hopefully it will happen soon.

Anyways, since New York was just awarded to host a Super Bowl. I feel that now the Chiefs should be awarded a Super Bowl as well, to honor Lamar Hunt like it was promised if a roof was built. Now that New York was awarded a super bowl with an open stadium, the Chiefs should now be considered without a new roof. Here is a link to a article in the NY TIMES...
PRO FOOTBALL; Kansas City Will Stage Super Bowl, With One If - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9905E3DB113EF934A25752C1A9639C8B 63)

What are your thoughts?

and I'm excited to be a part of Chiefs Crowd! :chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
05-27-2010, 02:40 AM
I agree with you. Arrowhead would be one of the best places to host a suberbowl!

Chiefster
05-27-2010, 03:06 AM
I fear that any cold weather venue not in New York will probably be out of the question.

Oh, welcome to the "Crowd".

matthewschiefs
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the crowd

I dont think anyone but New York will host the superbowl of the cold weather teams. I would love to see a superbowl at arrowhead with the chiefs in it. But Wont happen.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't get it...is the OP saying that he thinks KC should get a superbowl even without a new roof? Not going to happen. Put on the roof and enjoy the rewards.

The NFL ALREADY gave KC the superbowl.

Now it just comes down to whether city and state leaders can figure out a package that the voters will get behind.

For the record, I am still angry at all of you who voted down the rolling roof the last time. You short-sighted people. Ugh.

The real question is whether or not the renovations would include Kaufman. Personally, I'd love to see a new baseball stadium downtown. It is amazing what it did for Denver. Of course, winning baseball games might help convince people that a baseball stadium is a priority.

Hayvern
05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, as much as I would agree that KC should get the Super Bowl and it would do wonders for the city. It is not going to happen.

The has already announced that they are going to take the Super Bowl, one game at a time. They will make exceptions if the money is right. For KC to get the game by offering enough money to be considered, they could almost afford to put on the roof.

Seek
05-27-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't see the Chiefs getting a Superbowl. I also think this superbowl will probably be the last one in cold winter, once they realize it probably wasn't that great of an idea to play in the cold.

KC has a better chance of hosting a MLB All star game before a superbowl.

SAPHOJUNKIE
05-27-2010, 02:30 PM
It's really sad that we didn't make this happen.

The more I think about it, the more I wish we could somehow get this up and working again.

buffman316
05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Arrowhead would be a great venue for the Super Bowl. Since NY get's the big game, it will be frenzy for other teams. The Chiefs have the new stadium, plenty of hotels and the power and light district would benefit greatly.

Vandelay
05-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I for one don't ever want a roof over Arrowhead.
Playing in the elements is a part of football. Also it makes the fans turn into wusses,anyone who will attend a game when its 8 degrees with a 30 mph wind is a real fan.

Ryfo18
05-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Playing in the elements is a part of football. Also it makes the fans turn into wusses,anyone who will attend a game when its 8 degrees with a 30 mph wind is a real fan.

Can't agree with you more. Who cares about hosting a Super Bowl (easy for me to say I don't live in KC). I just want them to win some Super Bowls damnit!

Chief Tyler
05-27-2010, 10:06 PM

Looking at it from the other end though, the best fans are the ones with stuffed pockets :P The turnout has been pathetic lately and the weather just makes it worse, though I wouldn't see that as an excuse to build a roof. It could be considered if/when this team gets back on top and has the whole city behind the organization, but anytime in the near future is improbable.

Chiefster
05-28-2010, 08:20 AM
When the team starts winning on a consistent basis then stadium attendance will take care of itself.

Canada
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
Looking at it from the other end though, the best fans are the ones with stuffed pockets :P The turnout has been pathetic lately and the weather just makes it worse, though I wouldn't see that as an excuse to build a roof. It could be considered if/when this team gets back on top and has the whole city behind the organization, but anytime in the near future is improbable.

No way, usually the ones with the stuffed pockets sit in the club seats and golf clap through the whole game.

There is a reason Arrohead is the loudest stadium in the NFL and it ain't because of people with $$, its because the fans are kiKC As$!!:chiefs:

Connie Jo
05-29-2010, 12:12 AM

I QUALIFY!! YEEHAW! My personal record for coldest game attended at Arrowhead was -10º without wind chill after the sun went down. I think they said it was around 12º prior to the sun going down at gametime. I'm fairly sure it was the first Sunday in December 2005, and I know it was against Denver...AWESOME WIN!

My personal record for hottest game was the Season Opener against the Colts, 2000...first season & game without DT (RIP). If memory is correct, it was 110º at gametime, no breeze, not including comfort index either...it was hotter than a pepper sprout! We lost that one. :(

Connie Jo
05-29-2010, 12:17 AM
No way, usually the ones with the stuffed pockets sit in the club seats and golf clap through the whole game.

There is a reason Arrohead is the loudest stadium in the NFL and it ain't because of people with $$, its because the fans are kiKC As$!!:chiefs:

I agree 100%. There are couple wealthier contractors I know of in KC who have suites, and they invite clients to their suites for games. Most those I know of in the stands are average income typical fans...at least those I've always sit beside & chatted with.

Chiefster
05-29-2010, 01:42 AM

Agreed, however, I think he was invoking King Carl with that comment; I could be wrong though. :lol:

slimdagreat
05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Honestly I don't see it happening. KC just isn't a big enough city to host a SB. I think the only cold weather cities we'll see host a superbowl is NY, Baltimore, and possibly one day London.

Connie Jo
05-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Honestly I don't see it happening. KC just isn't a big enough city to host a SB. I think the only cold weather cities we'll see host a superbowl is NY, Baltimore, and possibly one day London.

Well, but the NFL did approve KC to host a Superbowl, regardless of city size...their only stipulation was the addition of the rolling roof over Arrowhead.

That said, hosting a Super Bowl has been controversial among city leaders and citizens across the U.S.. Some believe their hosting a Super Bowl in the past actually cost the taxpayers and city more than it benefited from financially. If there are city leaders & citiznes in KC, MO who feel the same, then that could definitely hinder any future possibility of KC hosting a Super Bowl...with or without a roof.

Pro_Angler
06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
slap a tarp on that sucker and play ball....

Seek
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM

I disagree, the stuffed pockets are the true and best fans.

I personally know a Canadian who stuffs his pockets with Budweiser.

Canada
06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I disagree, the stuffed pockets are the true and best fans.

I personally know a Canadian who stuffs his pockets with Budweiser.:lol::bananen_smilies046::lol:

chiefnut
06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
i remember the pre vote info was that w/o approval for a roof they were not going to leave room during the remodel for roof supports

tornadospotter
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
If the rolling roof had been approved, and I was coming into KC for a game with bad weather or snow, I think I would be disappointed to not see the Arrowhead I love, as it is. Having the roof over it, would not be the same.

homieschooler
06-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Good responses, but my main point of this thread was to point out that there is no reason to have to build a roof for a super bowl now. The reason they wanted a roof for the super bowl is so that the weather wouldn't play a part. Since the cold weather thing is out the door, there is no excuse for them to possibly get a Super Bowl here. In Lamar Hunt's honor.

Chiefster
06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
If the rolling roof had been approved, and I was coming into KC for a game with bad weather or snow, I think I would be disappointed to not see the Arrowhead I love, as it is. Having the roof over it, would not be the same.

It might make it louder there. :D

chiefnut
06-07-2010, 10:07 AM

The Hunts made it clear that the roof would remain open for ALL football games regardless of weather, and was to be closed only for concerts and events like March Madness if they could get it and yes the Super Bowl too.:punk: