PDA

View Full Version : Bowe, McCluster looking great.

honda522
05-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Chiefs OTAs: McCluster, Bowe Look Good And Down Goes Croyle - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/5/27/1490215/chiefs-otas-mccluster-bowe-look?ref=yahoo)

McCluster is going to be a great pick. "11 for 11"

Great stuff and then you heard about Brokie being hurt again. :mooning:

AussieChiefsFan
05-28-2010, 03:01 AM
And I read that McCluster ripped the inside the sole of his shoe when he successfully pulled off an amazing side step on one of his TD receptions.

He literally Ran out of his shoes!

yashi
05-28-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm so pumped to see McCluster on the field!

And I really hope Bowe has a monster season. He's a bit of focus away from being a star. The talent is definitely there.

Chiefster
05-28-2010, 07:34 AM
Croyle doesn't sound too serious.

honda522
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Croyle doesn't sound too serious.
The fact is, he can't stay healthy.

buffman316
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Dexter blew out a shoe!!!!

McCluster's blazing speed will be fun to watch and he is not even the player I am most excited about! (ERIC BERRY) Here is a list of my explosive players to watch and tell me if that does not get you excited for the season:
Berry
Flowers
Charles
T Jones
McCluster
Arenas
Bowe
Chambers
Succop
Other Players that should have a much better season:
Dorsey
Jackson
Cassell
D Johnson
Carr
Page
Studebaker
Albert

All of this with a new stadium and better schedule.

chiefnut
05-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Chiefs OTAs: McCluster, Bowe Look Good And Down Goes Croyle - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/5/27/1490215/chiefs-otas-mccluster-bowe-look?ref=yahoo)

McCluster is going to be a great pick. "11 for 11"

Great stuff and then you heard about Brokie being hurt again. :mooning:

although i think it was an 11 on 11 drill not 11 rec on 11 throws, he sounds fast quick and sure handed. just as advertised, lookin forward to seein this kid in action. Bowe caught a couple td's and no mention of drops so thats promising. brodie is brodie:beat_DeadHorse:

matthewschiefs
05-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Glad that Mccluster is doing so well Hope we see it this season when the games start to count. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brish
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
buffman: Dont forget Belcher.. I think we might have a sleeper there.. :)

Three7s
05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Lol, wow, Brodie hurting his finger by slamming it against his helmet after a pass. This guy deserves a sitcom!

No surprise that McCluster is dazzling!

buffman316
05-28-2010, 05:51 PM
buffman: Dont forget Belcher.. I think we might have a sleeper there.. :)
Belcher- Good call. I Came in to Arrowhead today and who did I run into? Dexter McCluster! This is going to be a great season.

Chief Tyler
05-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol, wow, Brodie hurting his finger by slamming it against his helmet after a pass. This guy deserves a sitcom!

No surprise that McCluster is dazzling!

No joke, with his luck that injury won't go away anytime soon. He might even pull a hammy on his way to the doctor's office.

Vanilla Garilla
05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Dare i say fastest team in all of the NFL???

Anways, i am salivating at the mouth to see what Haley, and Weiss do with that bad mamma jamma McCluster!!!

LIGHTS OUT AFC WEST!

Chief Tyler
05-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Dare i say fastest team in all of the NFL???

Anways, i am salivating at the mouth to see what Haley, and Weiss do with that bad mamma jamma McCluster!!!

LIGHTS OUT AFC WEST!

I don't think we're there yet. Off the top of my head I'd say Philly has us beat. Maclin and Jackson are going to be nightmares for years, though I do think they take a blow by losing McNabb. They still have the ability to make plays out of the backfield and short yard tosses no doubt, but McNabb made such a perfect fit with his massive arm.

Also, I don't quite remember where guys like Trindon Holliday and Jacoby Ford landed, if they ended up paired with guys like Chris Johnson, they'd have quite a track team. As far as pure acceleration goes I think we might be top dogs, at least on the offensive side of the ball, and I value you that more than top end speed in most cases.

70 chiefsfan70
05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Dexter blew out a shoe!!!!

McCluster's blazing speed will be fun to watch and he is not even the player I am most excited about! (ERIC BERRY) Here is a list of my explosive players to watch and tell me if that does not get you excited for the season:
Berry
Flowers
Charles
T Jones
McCluster
Arenas
Bowe
Chambers
Succop
Other Players that should have a much better season:
Dorsey
Jackson
Cassell
D Johnson
Carr
Page
Studebaker
Albert

All of this with a new stadium and better schedule.

I couldn't agree more especially your latter group, they have got to step up.
And I think they will.

josh1971
05-28-2010, 09:53 PM

But, this type of injury for QB's happens from time to time. Anyone remember Bill Kenney doing that right before the playoffs? I still think that may have been the difference in that wild card game against the Jets in 1986.

Granted, Brodie is rather fragile, but whacking your hand on a helmet would hurt any quarterback's hand.

jb

Vanilla Garilla
05-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't think we're there yet. Off the top of my head I'd say Philly has us beat. Maclin and Jackson are going to be nightmares for years, though I do think they take a blow by losing McNabb. They still have the ability to make plays out of the backfield and short yard tosses no doubt, but McNabb made such a perfect fit with his massive arm.

Also, I don't quite remember where guys like Trindon Holliday and Jacoby Ford landed, if they ended up paired with guys like Chris Johnson, they'd have quite a track team. As far as pure acceleration goes I think we might be top dogs, at least on the offensive side of the ball, and I value you that more than top end speed in most cases.

Very true, forgot about Philly. However, we are up there buddy!

whatwasthat?
05-28-2010, 11:47 PM

im pretty sure ford went to the raiders...big surprise huh?

KottkeKU
05-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Holiday went to the Texans. Not sure where Ford landed, but not the Raiders.

And yes, Buffman is right on. I would also throw in Donald Washington who coaches have been surprisingly and openly pleased with this offseason (Haley in particular).

Also, we all of a sudden have a really deep stable of WR imo..Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban, Quentin Lawrence...thats 5 right there... maybe not your elite group, but they are a balanced, competitive group capable of lots of different things. You add in the runnning game and it can only make our offense stay on the field longer, thus improving defense.

whatwasthat?
05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Holiday went to the Texans. Not sure where Ford landed, but not the Raiders.

And yes, Buffman is right on. I would also throw in Donald Washington who coaches have been surprisingly and openly pleased with this offseason (Haley in particular).

Also, we all of a sudden have a really deep stable of WR imo..Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban, Quentin Lawrence...thats 5 right there... maybe not your elite group, but they are a balanced, competitive group capable of lots of different things. You add in the runnning game and it can only make our offense stay on the field longer, thus improving defense.

Oakland Raiders: Jacoby Ford (http://www.raiders.com/team/roster/Jacoby-Ford/e4c6e760-d8c6-456f-9e1f-8ce1198bd04d)

Chiefster
05-31-2010, 12:47 AM
But, this type of injury for QB's happens from time to time. Anyone remember Bill Kenney doing that right before the playoffs? I still think that may have been the difference in that wild card game against the Jets in 1986.

Granted, Brodie is rather fragile, but whacking your hand on a helmet would hurt any quarterback's hand.

jb

True, but he just seems to be made of glass - lacking any sort of toughness. Remember Steve DeBerg played with a pin through his "pinky", for lack of a better term finger. :D