PDA

View Full Version : ESPN INsider - Dexter McCluster please

KottkeKU
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Anyone here an ESPN INsider? They had an article on how Dexter might be a fantasy superstar next season I was hoping someone could post here. Thanks in advance!

texaschief
05-31-2010, 03:54 PM
it didn't say much you don't already know. they're gonna use him as a slot in hopes that he can produce like Welker. Then he'll be used as a change of pace #3 RB and that he'll even line up in the "wildcat" some.

Outside of ESPN, I've also read that an "unnamed" player has opened his big trap about a few completely foreign offensive packages based around McCluster.

So, there's little doubt Weis and Haley have been in the lab conjuring up some new offensive schemes.

Coach
05-31-2010, 05:03 PM
I can't wait to watch this guy next year.

Chiefster
06-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Expecting great things! :D

buffman316
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I bet he will be a 4th or 5th round steal in FF for 2010. He is going to be fun to watch for sure.

Chief Tyler
06-02-2010, 01:24 AM
I bet he will be a 4th or 5th round steal in FF for 2010. He is going to be fun to watch for sure.
4th or 5th in a deep Chiefs Crowd league maybe. He might have a few standout games where he breaks off big plays but I bet most are relatively low scoring. He's only going to have so much fantasy production when he's the third+ choice at either WR or RB. I'd pick him up in the late late rounds just in case Charles or even Jones goes down this season and due the the receiving possibilities, but we'll have a better idea to that as the preseason rolls around.

bigpoppachief
06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
4th or 5th in a deep Chiefs Crowd league maybe. He might have a few standout games where he breaks off big plays but I bet most are relatively low scoring. He's only going to have so much fantasy production when he's the third+ choice at either WR or RB. I'd pick him up in the late late rounds just in case Charles or even Jones goes down this season and due the the receiving possibilities, but we'll have a better idea to that as the preseason rolls around.

depends on what position they put him at as well

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-02-2010, 12:15 PM
It also depends if your league has joined the future yet, and gives points to return men instead of drafting a special teams.

buffman316
06-02-2010, 05:13 PM
It also depends if your league has joined the future yet, and gives points to return men instead of drafting a special teams.
I play on ESPN. What league does that?

Seek
06-02-2010, 05:17 PM
I can't wait to watch him actually play against an NFL defense, to base my own expectations on him.

Cause he sounds a lot like Dante Hall and that guy was hated on until he finally broke kick off for a TD. He still never amounted to much of a slot back.

My expectations are LOW specially for year one. He has a big adjustment to make in the NFL compared to college.

Can't really be a superstart receiver if your QB can't get you the ball either. I am still concerned about O-line, specially the RT position.

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I play on ESPN. What league does that?

You can adjust your ESPN league.

It really is a great move. You can still draft team defense (although I enjoy IDPs), but you don't award points for return yards or scores to your defense.

I mean, your special teams doesn't get points for field goals, right?

So you give points to the PLAYER who returns. After all, ability to contribute on special teams is a major factor for backups. Why shouldn't their ACTUAL value to their teams be reflected in their FANTASY value?

reggie bush, patrick crayton, wes welker, fred jackson, darren sproles.

These are guys who provide a lot more for their teams than just a traditional wide receiver or running back.

On your league options page, under scoring, you just awards whatever points system you want for return yards/touchdowns.

I will caution you, however, to make the return yards SMALL. I almost say, don't even give points unless the guy returns the ball at least twenty yards.

That, or give points for return yards over a certain amount, or perhaps getting 1 point for every 25 return yards.

My beta-testing league had 1 point per 10 yards, and Darren Sproles was the highest scoring player in the league. Yikes.

buffman316
06-02-2010, 07:50 PM
You can adjust your ESPN league.

It really is a great move. You can still draft team defense (although I enjoy IDPs), but you don't award points for return yards or scores to your defense.

I mean, your special teams doesn't get points for field goals, right?

So you give points to the PLAYER who returns. After all, ability to contribute on special teams is a major factor for backups. Why shouldn't their ACTUAL value to their teams be reflected in their FANTASY value?

reggie bush, patrick crayton, wes welker, fred jackson, darren sproles.

These are guys who provide a lot more for their teams than just a traditional wide receiver or running back.

On your league options page, under scoring, you just awards whatever points system you want for return yards/touchdowns.

I will caution you, however, to make the return yards SMALL. I almost say, don't even give points unless the guy returns the ball at least twenty yards.

That, or give points for return yards over a certain amount, or perhaps getting 1 point for every 25 return yards.

My beta-testing league had 1 point per 10 yards, and Darren Sproles was the highest scoring player in the league. Yikes.

Yeah, I will have to look at that further because ESPN does have some cool point options. We added an extra point for kicks past the 55 yard line for kickers to make them more important. So a 55 yard kick netted you 4 points. lol, sometimes a kicker had a 25 point day!

Hayvern
06-07-2010, 03:07 PM
I personally see McCluster being used in the role of the safety valve type receiver. The guy you go to when everything is breaking down on a pass play. He will be the guy that you set up in screens as well.

THe idea obviously is to get the ball to him and let his speed to get Yards After Catch (YAC).

I would not expect to see a lot of touchdowns from him unless he is able to break a play for 20 or more yards. When you get into the redzone, the bigger guys, the guys who can jump are going to be the main targets.