PDA

View Full Version : The stump question thread

Chiefster
06-07-2010, 02:17 AM
Gotta question you wanna try and stump people with? Post it here. I'll start out with an easy one.

Q: If eggs are twelve cents a dozen then how many eggs can you get for a dollar?

Enjoy! :D

GlennBree
06-07-2010, 06:59 AM
100 eggs

Ryfo18
06-07-2010, 09:04 AM
100 eggs

But if you can only buy them by the dozen, 96!

chiefnut
06-07-2010, 10:17 AM
a guy walks into a hospital and asks to see a patient in ICU. "only relatives may visit, what is your relation to the patient?" he was asked. "brothers and sisters i have none, but that mans father is my fathers son." he replied. What is his relation????

Ryfo18
06-07-2010, 10:20 AM
a guy walks into a hospital and asks to see a patient in ICU. "only relatives may visit, what is your relation to the patient?" he was asked. "brothers and sisters i have none, but that mans father is my fathers son." he replied. What is his relation????

He's the guy in ICU!

chiefnut
06-07-2010, 10:24 AM
He's the guy in ICU!
uhhhh nope!

Ryfo18
06-07-2010, 10:42 AM
uhhhh nope!

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they are the same person.

chiefnut
06-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they are the same person.
yup i"m sure

GlennBree
06-07-2010, 11:37 AM
great nephew??
yikes! I need to go home now...

Chiefster
06-07-2010, 12:55 PM
100 eggs

...The correct answer!

But if you can only buy them by the dozen, 96!

This is also true.

Chiefster
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
great nephew??
yikes! I need to go home now...

I believe that this too is correct.

GlennBree
06-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Go Brenda! Go Brenda! :d

Hayvern
06-07-2010, 02:24 PM

He is the patient's uncle.

Ryfo18
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
He is the patient's uncle.

Ok I get it now. Couldn't he also be his dad?

Hayvern
06-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Ok I get it now. Couldn't he also be his dad?

Actually, that would be the right answer, the premise excludes an Uncle since he has no brothers or sisters

Canada
06-07-2010, 08:05 PM
No, he is the patients father. "This mans father is my fathers son"

chiefnut
06-08-2010, 08:34 AM
No, he is the patients father. "This mans father is my fathers son"

ABSOLUTELY!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
06-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Three guys go walking into a hotel and need a room for the night. The clerk tells them that the rate is $30 per night. "Great" they say and each hand over a $10 bill.

After they have gone to their room, the manager comes in and tell the clerk that there is a special on that room and it only costs $25 for the night. The clerk hands the bellhop five singles and tells him to take them money back to the three guys. On the way up, the bell hop thinks to himself "there is no way to split up $5 evenly between three guys so I am going to give them back $3 and keep $2 for myself"

So each guy gets back $1 so they have paid $9 each for the room. IF 3x$9=$27 plus the $2 the bell hop has equals $29, what happened to the other dollar?

hometeam
06-08-2010, 11:57 AM
There is no other dollar. All the money is accounted for.

Trick wording, but the guys still paid 30 for the room, got 3 back, and 2 to the bellhop

Ryfo18
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Three guys go walking into a hotel and need a room for the night. The clerk tells them that the rate is $30 per night. "Great" they say and each hand over a $10 bill.

After they have gone to their room, the manager comes in and tell the clerk that there is a special on that room and it only costs $25 for the night. The clerk hands the bellhop five singles and tells him to take them money back to the three guys. On the way up, the bell hop thinks to himself "there is no way to split up $5 evenly between three guys so I am going to give them back $3 and keep $2 for myself"

So each guy gets back $1 so they have paid $9 each for the room. IF 3x$9=$27 plus the $2 the bell hop has equals $29, what happened to the other dollar?

I know how this works, but am having an impossible time trying to explain it. In the end, the hotel has $25, bellhop $2, and men $3.

Canada
06-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I know how this works, but am having an impossible time trying to explain it. In the end, the hotel has $25, bellhop $2, and men $3.
Order of operationss. Brackets Exponents Division MUltiplication Addition Subtraction.

Can't subtract before multiplying. :bananen_smilies046:

toyotapower
06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Where do butterflies go when it rains?

Chiefster
06-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Where do butterflies go when it rains?

Butterflies hide when it rains. They usually go to the same places they do for the night. Some butterflies hide under large leaves, some crawl down into dense leaves or under rocks, and some just sit head down on grass stems or bushes with wings held tightly. If the rains are exceptionally hard or of long duration many of the butterflies become tattered or die.

I googled it. :D

GlennBree
06-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Butterflies hide when it rains. They usually go to the same places they do for the night. Some butterflies hide under large leaves, some crawl down into dense leaves or under rocks, and some just sit head down on grass stems or bushes with wings held tightly. If the rains are exceptionally hard or of long duration many of the butterflies become tattered or die.

I googled it. :D

That's cheating!! ha h ah ah:lol:

Chiefster
06-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Hey; it's my thread. :D :lol:

Connie Jo
06-21-2010, 01:27 AM

Well, but isn't only cheating if you don't admit to looking it up? There's a stump question for ya...is it cheating or not? Okay, so maybe it's not a stump question, but a matter of perception, lol.

Here's one:

What has wheels and flies but is not an aircraft?

AkChief49
06-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, but isn't only cheating if you don't admit to looking it up? There's a stump question for ya...is it cheating or not? Okay, so maybe it's not a stump question, but a matter of perception, lol.

Here's one:

the local lunch wagon?:D

Seek
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM

Here's one:

A trash Truck / a Manur truck etc....

Chiefster
06-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Here's one:

The Faders bandwagon?

Seek
06-21-2010, 01:29 PM
The Faders bandwagon?

Are you sure it isn't the Faders bus?

Chiefster
06-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Are you sure it isn't the Faders bus?

Meh, same thing. :lol:

Connie Jo
06-25-2010, 03:35 AM
A trash truck is the correct answer according to the riddle website anyway, but I like the Faiders Bus better! LOL

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 07:38 AM
A trash truck is the correct answer according to the riddle website anyway, but I like the Faiders Bus better! LOL

Me too! :D

chiefnut
06-25-2010, 10:31 AM
where does your loap go when you stand up??
why can tomorrow never come?
why buy a drink for the road when the road is already laid out??
why is a pair of shoes 2 shoes, a pair of socks 2 socks but a pair of pants/trousers only one??
why are pants/trousers plural and shirt not?

rbedgood
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
A man is six feet tall, is a clerk at a butcher shop, and wears size 11 shoes. What does he weigh?

Canada
06-25-2010, 02:24 PM
A man is six feet tall, is a clerk at a butcher shop, and wears size 11 shoes. What does he weigh?Meat

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
where does your loap go when you stand up??
why can tomorrow never come?
why buy a drink for the road when the road is already laid out??
why is a pair of shoes 2 shoes, a pair of socks 2 socks but a pair of pants/trousers only one??
why are pants/trousers plural and shirt not?

No where???

Because by the time it gets here it's "today".

Because it's fun???

Because you have a pair of legs.

Because.

:D

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 08:24 PM
A man is six feet tall, is a clerk at a butcher shop, and wears size 11 shoes. What does he weigh?

Meat

Yep!

chiefnut
06-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Why does time fly while the clock is running???

Canada
06-26-2010, 09:53 AM
isnt Jumbo Shrimp an oxymoron?

chiefnut
06-26-2010, 09:54 AM
riddle of the sphinx;
what animal starts life on 4 legs, goes thru life on 2 legs but finishes life on 3 legs?

chiefnut
06-26-2010, 09:58 AM
isnt Jumbo Shrimp an oxymoron?
how about "ya can't miss it, it's right on the left"
or "slow speed":efpge:

rbedgood
06-27-2010, 05:57 AM
riddle of the sphinx;
what animal starts life on 4 legs, goes thru life on 2 legs but finishes life on 3 legs?

Man...

Crawl
Walk
Cane

Chiefster
06-28-2010, 02:25 AM
A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man carrying an axe.
The man says, "If you want to cross this bridge, you must tell me a statement. If I think the statement is true, you will be strangled to death. If I say the statement is false, your head will be chopped off."
A few minutes later, the young man walked over the bridge, while the larger man stood pondering.
What was the statement the young man had given?

chiefnut
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
A young man walks through the forest. He came to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large man carrying an axe.
The man says, "If you want to cross this bridge, you must tell me a statement. If I think the statement is true, you will be strangled to death. If I say the statement is false, your head will be chopped off."
A few minutes later, the young man walked over the bridge, while the larger man stood pondering.

"i am a liar, everything i say is a lie!"
from star trek " I Mudd"

Chiefster
06-29-2010, 02:36 PM
"i am a liar, everything i say is a lie!"
from star trek " I Mudd"

A good try, but incorrect.

...Give up???

Hayvern
06-30-2010, 03:09 PM

This is a good one, I had to look it up, but I really like the answer!

Good job old man!

:yahoo:

Chiefster
07-01-2010, 02:20 AM
This is a good one, I had to look it up, but I really like the answer!

Good job old man!

HA! I do what I can. :D

Since no one else has taken a stab at it I will divulge the answer.

The man said, "My head will be chopped off."

If the man said the statement was false, the young man's head would be chopped off, making the statement true. If the man said the statement was true, the young man would be strangled to death, thus making it false.

I liked this one too Heyvern!

Chiefster
07-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Here's an easier one:

A black dog is sleeping on a black road. It is a one way road and no street lights are on. A truck is coming down the road with no head-lights on and still manages to avoid the dog. How did the driver do this?

AkChief49
07-01-2010, 05:48 AM
daytime?

Seek
07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
What happens twice in a week, and once in a year, but never in a day?

N TX Dave
07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
What happens twice in a week, and once in a year, but never in a day?

The letter e

chiefnut
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM

...Give up???

:bananen_smilies046: not neccessarily incorrect just another kid who got across the bridge with his head intact.

Seek
07-01-2010, 02:17 PM

...Give up???
I thought I read the answer already so I didn't respond. I believe correct answer should be, My head will be chopped off.

If that statement was true, he should be strangled and then his head would not be cut off. The statement could not be false if his head was tol be cut off.

Seek
07-01-2010, 02:28 PM
The letter e
It was an easy one.

I just liked it.

Chiefster
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
:bananen_smilies046: not neccessarily incorrect just another kid who got across the bridge with his head intact.

True!

I thought I read the answer already so I didn't respond. I believe correct answer should be, My head will be chopped off.

If that statement was true, he should be strangled and then his head would not be cut off. The statement could not be false if his head was tol be cut off.

Yup!

Chiefster
07-01-2010, 03:30 PM
daytime?

Yup! :D