PDA

View Full Version : Yep, It's Time!!!

pbatrucker
06-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Renewing our Chiefs Vows - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/7/1506250/renewing-our-chiefs-vows)

KCINNYC
06-08-2010, 12:13 AM
And everyone in agreement say Amen.
Amen.

To the "Exactly" Thread supporters. This thread is for Chiefs fans!

Canada
06-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Amen brotha!!

chief31
06-08-2010, 04:05 AM
2-14? 4-12? Doesn't matter. I am still rarely seen without an arrowhead displayed.

But the fact that I still see some problems with the team does not mean that I am not a Chiefs fan.

I even see mistakes that my children make, and point those mistakes out. Does that make me, somehow, a less caring parent?

Nope.

And the "excatly" thread supporters are true Chiefs fans too. Like it, or not.

And....

AMEN!!!!!

chiefnut
06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I have been rooting for the CHIEFS for 49years, [2 as the TEXANS], so i agree whole heartedly about shaking off the gloom & doom feeling and always looking forward to the next game [or season]. I live in an area filled w/eagle, steeler, obnoxious cowboy fans with a good smattering of pats, giants and jet fans. i have always made it a point to wear my CHIEFS colors the day after a big loss. during the last few dismal seasons i have worn them alot. i have resorted to joking about their ineptitude at times as opposed to arguing w/opposing fans to prevent myself becoming one miserable bitter old man. but thru it all i never stop cheering when they do well, moaning & groaning the bad and still get excited w/ i come across something new to buy w/ the KC logo on it. i can't speak for other fans but i know that as the CHIEFS go so goes my day. if depression sets in from a loss i'm miserable but then comes a new day and optomisim starts to grow for the next game. so i am anxiously awaiting the start of this new season.

Canada
06-08-2010, 12:00 PM
2-14? 4-12? Doesn't matter. I am still rarely seen without an arrowhead displayed.

But the fact that I still see some problems with the team does not mean that I am not a Chiefs fan.

I even see mistakes that my children make, and point those mistakes out. Does that make me, somehow, a less caring parent?

Nope.

And the "excatly" thread supporters are true Chiefs fans too. Like it, or not.

And....

AMEN!!!!!It does if that is all you point out. (Im not saying you in particular)but there are some on here who constantly point out mistakes and never point to anything good that they do. That type of constant criticism does make me question why one claims to be a "fan"

N TX Dave
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Aaaaamen Aaaaamen Amen Amen Amen! I to used to live and die with the Chiefs after a loss the next day I was mad at the world and a grump. But after the last few years I have got over it by expecting them to lose and being happy after a win. I soooo want them to be a winning team again. I still root for them and follow everything they do but I am to the point in my life I do not live and die with their wins and loses it might be my old age I don't know. It is like the cartoon I have at my desk "Now that I'm older I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience. Turns out I just don't give a $hit." I really do about the Chiefs but I have changed my expiations and I am much happier about them now.

matthewschiefs
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Amen And GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chief31
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
It does if that is all you point out. (Im not saying you in particular)but there are some on here who constantly point out mistakes and never point to anything good that they do. That type of constant criticism does make me question why one claims to be a "fan"

I think it is more a result of mounting frustration. I know it well from the past several seasons and still harbor some now.

If The Chiefs PROVE to be a better football team, then it will help to alleviate the frustration that keeps so many glaring at problem areas.

But, even they will acknowledge areas of percieved improvement. But that is never challenged by anyone, and therefore gets overlooked in favor of a long discussion that has them defending a view of problems with the team.

You should know. I wrote a big long piece about all of the positives that I see and then you and I went back and fourth about how negative I was. :D

stricken721
06-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Amen!:chiefs:

Chiefster
06-09-2010, 01:38 AM
So be it.

Connie Jo
06-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I have been rooting for the CHIEFS for 49years, [2 as the TEXANS], so i agree whole heartedly about shaking off the gloom & doom feeling and always looking forward to the next game [or season]. I live in an area filled w/eagle, steeler, obnoxious cowboy fans with a good smattering of pats, giants and jet fans. i have always made it a point to wear my CHIEFS colors the day after a big loss. during the last few dismal seasons i have worn them alot. i have resorted to joking about their ineptitude at times as opposed to arguing w/opposing fans to prevent myself becoming one miserable bitter old man. but thru it all i never stop cheering when they do well, moaning & groaning the bad and still get excited w/ i come across something new to buy w/ the KC logo on it. i can't speak for other fans but i know that as the CHIEFS go so goes my day. if depression sets in from a loss i'm miserable but then comes a new day and optomisim starts to grow for the next game. so i am anxiously awaiting the start of this new season.

REP!! This is "exactly" how I feel about my Chiefs, and represents my Chiefs lifestyle habits relating to supporting my Chiefs with verbal pride, as well as buying merchandise & wearing it. Heck, I wear Chiefs gear year round...I have a Chiefs t-shirt on right now!

AMEN!

~hearing Kid Rocks hit single "Amen" in my head now, lol~

Chiefster
06-13-2010, 03:25 AM
"...and the beat goes on!"

Canada
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Thats a good omen, my old man has been cheering for his favorite hockey team his whole life and they just won the Stanley Cup after 49 years. He is getting hs Blackhawk tattoo today in my garage!! Perhaps the same will be said for your favorite football team!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
06-13-2010, 09:37 AM
...and since we are renewing vows in this thread...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/06/10.jpg

I say my prayers every night before bed!!!