PDA

View Full Version : If you were hiring a coach today.....

Coach
09-14-2007, 11:09 AM
If you were hiring a coach today.....

And you had to choose between Marty or Herm. Who would you choose?

sling58
09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
I would go back with Marty myself. He is a good coach as long as he doesn't make the offensive choices. The Question should be which O-cord would we want. I say get Saunders back.

Canada
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I would hire Herm....so I could fire him!!

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I would go with Marty.

sling58
09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
I would hire Herm....so I could fire him!!

You should've done that a while ago Mr. GM!

Coach
09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Both are defensive minded. Marty has a better track record IMO.

royalswin100games
09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Marty... with Norm Chow as O-cord

chief31
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I'd take Marty, because I think he would be scared to interfere with the offense too much. I think he would leave that side of the ball to his offensive coordinator. But then, maybe I would get proven wrong, and he would get comfortable back at "home" and start tinkering.

Herm could still win me over. I just despise the direction that our offense has been going and his lack of respect for the offensive line. I half expect him to "reach" for an offensive lineman, in next years draft. A guy who should be a guard, who he will force into the laft tackle spot. Just so he can tell me "Look, see? I drafted a lineman early and it doesn't work! Now you know why I don't like to do that."

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I'd take Marty, because I think he would be scared to interfere with the offense too much. I think he would leave that side of the ball to his offensive coordinator. But then, maybe I would get proven wrong, and he would get comfortable back at "home" and start tinkering.

Herm could still win me over. I just despise the direction that our offense has been going and his lack of respect for the offensive line. I half expect him to "reach" for an offensive lineman, in next years draft. A guy who should be a guard, who he will force into the laft tackle spot. Just so he can tell me "Look, see? I drafted a lineman early and it doesn't work! Now you know why I don't like to do that."

I agree completely with this. His disregard for the o-line was evident in his tenure with the Jets. Hence all the injuries to Chad Pennington (he had no protection) and why Curtis Martin was run into the ground.

swmochiefsfan
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Id take Marty and Saunders. Hermmie is really pissin me off.

Guru
09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Thats easy.... MARTY!!!!

He at least brought passion and intensity to our team.

One hell of a motivator.

Why no poll?

Canada
09-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Thats easy.... MARTY!!!!

He at least brought passion and intensity to our team.

One hell of a motivator.

Why no poll?

You feel like dancing??:lol:

royalswin100games
09-14-2007, 04:38 PM

HAA HA HA! :lol: Work the poll baby!

Guru
09-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Do you watch King of Queens?:lol:

That was a classic ep.

By the way, I said poll not pole. :11:

wolfpack
09-14-2007, 05:38 PM
marty if they would hire an o-cord that is like saunders. marty seemed to stay out of the "o`s" way more. and he didnt make any stupid 31 arnea football comments. give me a powerfull offense and an average defense any day of the week. a offense that isnt affraid to take chances and isnt affraid of its head coach.

Canada
09-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Do you watch King of Queens?:lol:

That was a classic ep.

By the way, I said poll not pole. :11:

That is what made me think of it!! :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-15-2007, 07:33 AM
marty if they would hire an o-cord that is like saunders. marty seemed to stay out of the "o`s" way more. and he didnt make any stupid 31 arnea football comments. give me a powerfull offense and an average defense any day of the week. a offense that isnt affraid to take chances and isnt affraid of its head coach.

I think Herm would be a great head coach IF he gave up the offense and actually had someone that knew what they were doing running it. Herm is a good defensive coach, nothing more nothing less. He knows nothing about the offensive schemes. It's like we hired an auto mechanic to build our garage, yes it's car related but not within his field of study!

Canada
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I think Herm would be a great head coach IF he gave up the offense and actually had someone that knew what they were doing running it. Herm is a good defensive coach, nothing more nothing less. He knows nothing about the offensive schemes. It's like we hired an auto mechanic to build our garage, yes it's car related but not within his field of study!

I still like Herm as a D coordinator and Dickie and/or Saunders as O Coordinator and me as the head coach!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I still like Herm as a D coordinator and Dickie and/or Saunders as O Coordinator and me as the head coach!! :bananen_smilies046:

Talk about some smash mouth football.....

CHIEFCANNON
09-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I know the choice... but... Mike Singletary for HC after the Hermie fiasco...... "at the end of the Day!"

BIG ERN
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Bill Cower or The tuna

sling58
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Bill Cower or The tuna

Cowher: Longevity!

Canada
09-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Tuna....cause I'm hungry

tornadospotter
09-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Marty! Only if he would pick his QB's by playmaking skills. (i am still P.O. about Gannon)