PDA

View Full Version : We'll be LOUD and PROUD Sept. 13th for MNF!!

pbatrucker
06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
The Importance of Monday Night - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/9/1510458/the-importance-of-monday-night)

Connie Jo
06-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I hope so, because the one commentator is unfortunately very correct...the MNF is extremely critical for the Chiefs to set a positive vibe in many aspects. I'll be at Arrowhead loud and proud as a 12th man, but I am always loud and proud when in attendance at Arrowhead, winning or losing...I don't stop being loud attempting to help our defense. Shoot, when we're behind is when our participation as 12th man is needed most, yet that's when many bail out with crowd noise. :(

buffman316
06-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Th will be the first game in a long time where I believe the Arrowhead mystique will return in full force. We will be loud, proud, and ready for an opening day win. Right then we will already have half as many wins as we did in 2008. That will set the tone for what could be an exciting season.

AkChief49
06-14-2010, 05:14 PM
We need that game more than anything. Not only will it set our tone for the season, maybe they(media) will shut up about the chargers! I want to see rivers and that jerky smirk of his on his a$$!! I hope they wear those fancy-lad, powder blue, special uniforms and at the end of the game you cannot tell the difference between the two teams( we will wear red)I hope Norv has that ridiculous look of bewilderment on his face as the final seconds tick off to this game. I hope.....too much, too soon? I hope we pop their breaker!!!Lights out!! Oh, and of course, it's a divisional game!!

Connie Jo
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
We need that game more than anything. Not only will it set our tone for the season, maybe they(media) will shut up about the chargers! I want to see rivers and that jerky smirk of his on his a$$!! I hope they wear those fancy-lad, powder blue, special uniforms and at the end of the game you cannot tell the difference between the two teams( we will wear red)I hope Norv has that ridiculous look of bewilderment on his face as the final seconds tick off to this game. I hope.....too much, too soon? I hope we pop their breaker!!!Lights out!! Oh, and of course, it's a divisional game!!

Well, I've attended quite a few games over the years, and each Chargers game I've attended at Arrowhead we have ALWAYS WON! I can't say that about Denver & Oakland, or many other teams...but I've yet to see the Chargers beat us at Arrowhead when I've been there. Hoping the streak continues on MNF!!!

:chiefs:

slc chief
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
the chargers usually get off to a slow start the last few years.a win would be huge for us

AussieChiefsFan
06-15-2010, 04:12 AM
the chargers usually get off to a slow start the last few years.a win would be huge for us
I agree! An opening win on opening game AND MNF would definately be good to kick start a winning season! :punk:

KC fan 01
06-15-2010, 05:04 AM
I hope this game will kickstart KC off to a great turnaround this season. I want to go so bad, but I'm pretty sure it'll be sold out by the time I get money for 6 tix :'(. Oh well, I will still be wearing my new Eric Berry jersey and Cheer far into the night up hear in Ohio. Go Chiefs!:chiefs:

KristofLaw
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I'll be yelling my *** off from some bar up here in Canada! Can't wait! Go Chiefs!!!

kckidd8870
06-23-2010, 09:45 PM
I agree Connie JO ,that is when people bail.They give up to soon.When are team is down and needs a spark from are fans.That is when we should be there and support them.Not only when we are winnig or its a close game but maybe when we are down by 20 pt.Give them a spark fans.Show them we want it bad.Don't give up team, becuase we arent giving up on are team.I never do.We could be barried 30-0 ,with 2:00 minutesd to go and Im trying to figure out how we can still win.lol

matthewschiefs
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I agree Connie JO ,that is when people bail.They give up to soon.When are team is down and needs a spark from are fans.That is when we should be there and support them.Not only when we are winnig or its a close game but maybe when we are down by 20 pt.Give them a spark fans.Show them we want it bad.Don't give up team, becuase we arent giving up on are team.I never do.We could be barried 30-0 ,with 2:00 minutesd to go and Im trying to figure out how we can still win.lol

:lol: I am the same way.

And the true fans are the ones that stick it out through the hard loseing seasons. But we will soon see the Chiefs Winning again. :chiefs:

honda522
06-23-2010, 11:41 PM
This game will show the world who the Chiefs are. Make or break, I hope we win.

Seek
06-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Th will be the first game in a long time where I believe the Arrowhead mystique will return in full force. We will be loud, proud, and ready for an opening day win. Right then we will already have half as many wins as we did in 2008. That will set the tone for what could be an exciting season.

The mystique is already there. The team is going to come out feeling that things have changed, the fans will support that and the Home Crowd will make it difficult for the San Diego.

We already know that the Charges offense will be pass oriented and try to go deep often like they did last year. Their run game won't be the same as before. They most likley will be missing Jackson to help things a little furthre.

Connie Jo
06-25-2010, 04:10 AM

Yep! It's actually more frustrating for me to be at a Chiefs game and see the fans giving up on the 12th man factor, than it is to see the Chiefs losing! In my mind, the fans giving up is no different than a player on the field giving up. I never walk away from Arrowhead without my hands being sore from beating on the seat back, nor my voice hoarse from making noise.

I was really upset when I was at Arrowhead for the Browns/Chiefs game. I'd never in all my years of being a fan was so ashamed of fellow fans. A majority were booing & heckling our team. I understood the fan frustration, but at the same time understanding human nature...knew by booing & heckling an already beaten down team, they were only making matters worse.

I wish they would've put their booing & heckling effort towards being a 12th man.
May not have made much difference, but ya never know...might have made the players think...'the fans aren't giving up on us, and we shouldn't either.' Sometimes all it takes is a bit of encouragement to turn a bad situation around.

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Yep! It's actually more frustrating for me to be at a Chiefs game and see the fans giving up on the 12th man factor, than it is to see the Chiefs losing! In my mind, the fans giving up is no different than a player on the field giving up. I never walk away from Arrowhead without my hands being sore from beating on the seat back, nor my voice hoarse from making noise.

I was really upset when I was at Arrowhead for the Browns/Chiefs game. I'd never in all my years of being a fan was so ashamed of fellow fans. A majority were booing & heckling our team. I understood the fan frustration, but at the same time understanding human nature...knew by booing & heckling an already beaten down team, they were only making matters worse.

I wish they would've put their booing & heckling effort towards being a 12th man.
May not have made much difference, but ya never know...might have made the players think...'the fans aren't giving up on us, and we shouldn't either.' Sometimes all it takes is a bit of encouragement to turn a bad situation around.

I understand and agree with the point you're making here Connie, however, I also see the frustrated fan's point of view as well. I have turned the channel and have left games early because I simply couldn't stomach seeing my favorite team loose to a hated rival.

However, I guess that's what being a die-hard fan entails: taking the bitter with the sweet. I shall endeavor to always follow your die hard example. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
06-25-2010, 08:36 AM

I could not agree with you more, however there are some here who feel it is their right to boo and heckle because they paid for their ticket. There was a guy at the buffalo game last year that I wanted to punch out cause he was beign such an idiot. It may be their right to do it, but as far as I am concerned, fans like that can go watch another team. They are quick to point out the problem but will never admit that they are part of it too.

Seek
06-25-2010, 09:50 AM
I could not agree with you more, however there are some here who feel it is their right to boo and heckle because they paid for their ticket. There was a guy at the buffalo game last year that I wanted to punch out cause he was beign such an idiot. It may be their right to do it, but as far as I am concerned, fans like that can go watch another team. They are quick to point out the problem but will never admit that they are part of it too.

I will admit and confess that I used to Boo and heckly Billy Bartee every time he got beat for a TD, play or stupid mistake he made . I just hated that guy and couldn't understand why the Chiefs kept starting him year after year. His play cost the Chiefs and he really ruined my game experience.

GlennBree
06-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm getting goose bumps and the chills just thinking about Arrowhead during MNF!!!
come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn Sept!

Connie Jo
07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I understand and agree with the point you're making here Connie, however, I also see the frustrated fan's point of view as well. I have turned the channel and have left games early because I simply couldn't stomach seeing my favorite team loose to a hated rival.

However, I guess that's what being a die-hard fan entails: taking the bitter with the sweet. I shall endeavor to always follow your die hard example. :bananen_smilies046:

Oh, I understand the frustration too, and although I've never turned a game off prior to it being over...I have walked outside yelling frustrations and started kicking landscape stones, lol. I try to remember not to kick the stones now though, ever since I did so with sandals on once...the stone inflicted some mighty mean Karma upon my big toe & foot! hahaha

In my mind, there is a big difference between watching a game at home revealing frustrations, and being at Arrowhead booing & heckling our team. The Browns-Chiefs game was an extreme of booing & heckling, however. None before I'd experienced could compare. It was upsetting, sad, and in many ways hypocritical of the fans.

There were fans booing & heckling our defense during the time they should've been attempting to help our defense as a 12th man. It's difficult for me to comprehend fans booing & hollering out foul language at a defense prior to the play even taking place and their making any error, or failing to defend. What occurred was the fans had developed such a habit of booing & heckling, that they did so even at times not justified.

As well, I found it a bit hypocritical when fans loudly booed & heckled Bowe for dropping passes, but when he made some great catches they barely, if at all acknowledged such. Well, the players are human...and I know if I had been a player that day on the field, I would've lost any desire to give it my all. Especially considering when I did something wrong it was loudly noted as such, but when I did something right there was little to no praise or recognition.

It was bad enough the stands were half empty, and then within the first quarter the booing & heckling of our team began. As much as one could understand the fans frustration, I could understand the teams frustration with the fans too that day. It was just a sad day for all at Arrowhead. :(

Seek
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Oh, I understand the frustration too, and although I've never turned a game off prior to it being over...I have walked outside yelling frustrations and started kicking landscape stones, lol. I try to remember not to kick the stones now though, ever since I did so with sandals on once...the stone inflicted some mighty mean Karma upon my big toe & foot! hahaha

In my mind, there is a big difference between watching a game at home revealing frustrations, and being at Arrowhead booing & heckling our team. The Browns-Chiefs game was an extreme of booing & heckling, however. None before I'd experienced could compare. It was upsetting, sad, and in many ways hypocritical of the fans.

There were fans booing & heckling our defense during the time they should've been attempting to help our defense as a 12th man. It's difficult for me to comprehend fans booing & hollering out foul language at a defense prior to the play even taking place and their making any error, or failing to defend. What occurred was the fans had developed such a habit of booing & heckling, that they did so even at times not justified.

As well, I found it a bit hypocritical when fans loudly booed & heckled Bowe for dropping passes, but when he made some great catches they barely, if at all acknowledged such. Well, the players are human...and I know if I had been a player that day on the field, I would've lost any desire to give it my all. Especially considering when I did something wrong it was loudly noted as such, but when I did something right there was little to no praise or recognition.

It was bad enough the stands were half empty, and then within the first quarter the booing & heckling of our team began. As much as one could understand the fans frustration, I could understand the teams frustration with the fans too that day. It was just a sad day for all at Arrowhead. :(

Look I kind of professionally played some sports.. Not going to say what sports they are just because that I don't need to share. It is great to hear your fans cheering for you. You want to impress them and it helps you perform better.

In my opinion, it bothered me when people still cheered even when I did bad, because they accepted my loss. That isn't good enough for me. I have had people heckle me after beating me. What it does is motivate me to play harder, and work harder so the next time we play. I can walk away with that American Pride that made this country.

If the Chiefs dont like being heckled, don't suck...

Connie Jo
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Look I kind of professionally played some sports.. Not going to say what sports they are just because that I don't need to share. It is great to hear your fans cheering for you. You want to impress them and it helps you perform better.

In my opinion, it bothered me when people still cheered even when I did bad, because they accepted my loss. That isn't good enough for me. I have had people heckle me after beating me. What it does is motivate me to play harder, and work harder so the next time we play. I can walk away with that American Pride that made this country.

If the Chiefs dont like being heckled, don't suck...

I agree it would make a competitive personality want to try harder, to some extent, especially "the next time", but what about the 'current time'?

As I said, the Browns-Chiefs game was an extreme, with many contributing factors in place complicating that extreme. In my opinion as such, that particular game can't be compared to other situations or circumstances. I only hope I never have to witness or experience what I did that day as a Chiefs fan...again.