PDA

View Full Version : Got an interview tomorrow.

honda522
06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
At Delta. I have a job right now, but I could see this job opening up a bigger door for me in the future if I do get it.

I am not going to bank on anything till I get the job though. They might pull a midwest on me. Thats probably another story for another time.

Chiefster
06-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Best of luck! :D

stricken721
06-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Good luck dude.:bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
06-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Go knock them dead!

Connie Jo
06-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Keep us updated, and good luck!

honda522
06-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Got a conditional offer...

stricken721
06-13-2010, 10:29 PM

Any good?

Connie Jo
06-14-2010, 12:42 AM

Well, are the conditions acceptable?

If so, can I have your old job? hahaha
Guess I should ask what your old job is first though, LOL.

Chiefster
06-14-2010, 02:00 AM

...Following elephants around with a really big pooper scooper. :D

honda522
06-14-2010, 12:13 PM

To me yes, $1.85 raise, no BS with customers, flight benefits which I will still use my dads cause his seniority is higher.

Down side is really physical, and exposed to elements. But the positives far outweigh than the negatives cause I will be able to transfer out of here, and its over all better for my future.

I work at Sherwin Williams right now, its an ok job, I like the people I work with, but I hate the way customers treat me.

Contractors are dirty and nasty, at least most of them are. I don't mean to sound stereotypical, but nearly all contractors are smokers and very cheap.

I will miss working with the people I work with and feel bad about leaving but I have to think about my future.

Connie Jo
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
To me yes, $1.85 raise, no BS with customers, flight benefits which I will still use my dads cause his seniority is higher.

Down side is really physical, and exposed to elements. But the positives far outweigh than the negatives cause I will be able to transfer out of here, and its over all better for my future.

I work at Sherwin Williams right now, its an ok job, I like the people I work with, but I hate the way customers treat me.

Contractors are dirty and nasty, at least most of them are. I don't mean to sound stereotypical, but nearly all contractors are smokers and very cheap.

I will miss working with the people I work with and feel bad about leaving but I have to think about my future.

Yes, you do have to think about your future, and you can always stay in touch with your former fellow co-workers.

I'll pass on a job at Sherwin-Williams though, haha. Been there, done that most of my adult life...working in the construction trades. Interior Design, Historic Renovation, Home Design/Building, & much painting/staining knowledge, including faux techniques. I'm burned out on all aspects of the 'home' trades. Working with the general public is partially responsible, but also working with sub-contractors who don't 'listen' and make costly error, or have an issue with taking 'instruction' from a girl.

It's a tough career choice for a girl. I managed successfully for many years though, but when my second business (Victorian Tearoom/Bakery) became so busy in the 90's, I stopped working in the construction/design field, did consults only. I chose to retire early in 1998, to focus my efforts on designing and building this house, so my first career re-entered my life again then, haha..

It was re-entering my first career related to building this house, that I realized how tough it had actually been on me, after being away for several years. I dunno, but for some reason many guys in the home building trades don't like it when a girl has to show them nailing patterns for maximum framing strength, how to install drip edge or flashing properly, among others.

So many builders these days aren't taught the true craft of home building as it was done 100 yrs ago. Some framing structural techniques don't change over time, but short cuts evolve, and that's a bad thing when a severe high wind storm comes along, or worse...tornado. Most building inspectors aren't even familiar with proper nailing patterns for structural strength with framing.

Okay, I'll stop rambling...Sherwin Williams and paint took my mind to many places, lol.

Hayvern
06-16-2010, 01:40 AM
I have a friend that is a Sherwin-Williams salesman here in Southern California. He just got back from an all expenses paid fishing trip to Panama. Must be tough.

honda522
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
I have a friend that is a Sherwin-Williams salesman here in Southern California. He just got back from an all expenses paid fishing trip to Panama. Must be tough.
He must be a rep, cause if he don't get pissed at the way people treat him then....I make a lousy 9.5 an hour.

Connie Jo
06-17-2010, 03:10 AM
He must be a rep, cause if he don't get pissed at the way people treat him then....I make a lousy 9.5 an hour.

Well, it could be Sherwin Williams had a contest for employees who sold the most within a certain time period won prizes, such as the fishing trip? Most Sherwin Williams retail locations are franchise owned, at least the ones I use to contract with were. Maybe it was an in house franchise contest?

Working with the general public in any aspect can create much frustration...one just has to bite the tongue, cause most times it's not worth it, but it does wear on ya, no doubt. Makes for a mighty sore tongue at the end of some days too, lol.

honda522
06-17-2010, 06:46 PM
So now this sitting, waiting, and hoping. I have passed the physical and hearing test as well as the drug test.

I have to have the job now, I have passed every test thrown to me and they are hiring like 25 to 30 people.

Connie Jo
06-18-2010, 02:03 AM
So now this sitting, waiting, and hoping. I have passed the physical and hearing test as well as the drug test.

I have to have the job now, I have passed every test thrown to me and they are hiring like 25 to 30 people.

Any idea how long the wait will be? I'll hope with ya, and toss a prayer in there for ya too. :)

Ryfo18
06-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Yes, you do have to think about your future, and you can always stay in touch with your former fellow co-workers.

I'll pass on a job at Sherwin-Williams though, haha. Been there, done that most of my adult life...working in the construction trades. Interior Design, Historic Renovation, Home Design/Building, & much painting/staining knowledge, including faux techniques. I'm burned out on all aspects of the 'home' trades. Working with the general public is partially responsible, but also working with sub-contractors who don't 'listen' and make costly error, or have an issue with taking 'instruction' from a girl.

It's a tough career choice for a girl. I managed successfully for many years though, but when my second business (Victorian Tearoom/Bakery) became so busy in the 90's, I stopped working in the construction/design field, did consults only. I chose to retire early in 1998, to focus my efforts on designing and building this house, so my first career re-entered my life again then, haha..

It was re-entering my first career related to building this house, that I realized how tough it had actually been on me, after being away for several years. I dunno, but for some reason many guys in the home building trades don't like it when a girl has to show them nailing patterns for maximum framing strength, how to install drip edge or flashing properly, among others.

So many builders these days aren't taught the true craft of home building as it was done 100 yrs ago. Some framing structural techniques don't change over time, but short cuts evolve, and that's a bad thing when a severe high wind storm comes along, or worse...tornado. Most building inspectors aren't even familiar with proper nailing patterns for structural strength with framing.

Okay, I'll stop rambling...Sherwin Williams and paint took my mind to many places, lol.

Wanna help me do some remodeling at my new house? :D

honda522
06-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Any idea how long the wait will be? I'll hope with ya, and toss a prayer in there for ya too. :)
No idea, I hate waiting on them. I wish I had a number to call and ask about it. I guess I could go back up to the terminal and ask the guy at the baggage claim to get him up to the terminal.

I think they were talking about starting the by week of July. They were hiring 25 or 30 so there shouldn't be a problem with hiring me.

honda522
06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Good news, i start next Tuesday.

Chiefster
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Congrats! :D

Connie Jo
06-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Wanna help me do some remodeling at my new house? :D

I dunno...maybe, do you know if there are any honorable & witty guys up your way, that have good hearts, single around my 'older' age range, who also love football & Rock n Roll? Might make it worth my while driving that far...cause I'm fed up with my little corner of 'OZ'. Too many Scarecrows, Tinmen, & Lions around here!...without brains, hearts, & courage that is! Me and my dogs don't wanna be in this part of Kansas anymore! There's also a Wicked Witch of the East nearby, with many flying monkey's! HA! :D