PDA

View Full Version : Jarad Page...

DC_Chiefsfan
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
and a 4th round pick in next year's draft for 28 year old Logan Mankins. What do you think?

bwilliams
06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
and a 4th round pick in next year's draft for 28 year old Logan Mankins. What do you think?

You're kidding right? The Pats aren't trading their All-Pro OG for a 4th rounder and a guy we'll probably cut anyway.

hometeam
06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
^ I agree with bwilliams.

This is a no brainer trade, mostly becuase those terms would never come up in the first place ~

But heck in the case that they did, id take that deal :P

DC_Chiefsfan
06-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Mankins rips Patriots for mistreatment | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/mankins-rips-patriots-for-mistreatment/)

The guy wants to be traded and we have a connection. Its a LOOOOONG shot, but hey, who knows. We landed vrabel and cassel for a 2nd round pick last year and I still think that was one hell of a deal.

bwilliams
06-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Mankins rips Patriots for mistreatment | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/mankins-rips-patriots-for-mistreatment/)

The guy wants to be traded and we have a connection. Its a LOOOOONG shot, but hey, who knows. We landed vrabel and cassel for a 2nd round pick last year and I still think that was one hell of a deal.

The Pats may very well trade Mankins, but they aren't doing it for Page and a 4th. Dude's a former 1st round pick, an All Pro, and in his prime. He's going for a low 1st, high 2nd at least.

DC_Chiefsfan
06-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Fine, give up a 2nd rounder for him. waters isn't getting any younger and like you said, he's an all pro and in his prime.

On the other hand:
would we want him considering his latest outburst against the Pats? Is that the kind of dude haley wants in his right 53?

chief31
06-14-2010, 10:46 PM
While I hold little value in keeping Page, Mankins is an OG and we actually have quite a few of those right now.

I suppose that we gain a good player who gives us trading options at OG. But that would be making a trade in hopes of emabling us to make a trade. Not the most logical plan around.

I guess I would have to pass on this. And, as mentioned, I doubt that we would be able to pull it off if we wanted to.

Seek
06-15-2010, 12:44 PM
While I hold little value in keeping Page, Mankins is an OG and we actually have quite a few of those right now.

I suppose that we gain a good player who gives us trading options at OG. But that would be making a trade in hopes of emabling us to make a trade. Not the most logical plan around.

I guess I would have to pass on this. And, as mentioned, I doubt that we would be able to pull it off if we wanted to.

We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

Waters has declined dramatcially since Willie Roaf was not there to help him.

Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

Now I am excited about Asamoha.

Another starting Guard would be nice.

KC fan 01
06-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm thinking I'm the only one who wants Page to stay in K.C.

yashi
06-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Mankins is great, but OG is probably one of the last positions we need right now. I honestly believe Page will not be a Chief next season, but I think it will be by way of release.

bwilliams
06-16-2010, 09:52 AM
We should upgrade any chance we can, regardless of how many rookie, undersized or over the hill Guards we have.

Lilja is under sized and seems to think he was signed for a back up role and a chance to start.

I agree entirely.

If NE were dumb enough to make this trade (or if we were to come to a more equitable trade), we could start Mankins at LG, Waters at C, and have Asamoah/Lilja (preferably Asamoah) at RG. That's a hell of a lot better than Waters/Niswanger/Lilja, especially in the run game.

chief31
06-16-2010, 10:01 AM

I certainly don't disagree. But, although I strongly dislike Page, I wouldn't feel comfortable letting him go, without knowing that we had someone able to beat him out for a starting spot.

And Mankins comes from another system that is terrible at running the ball, and pass blocking is a secondary skill for OG,

But I admit that it would be tough to look past an offer like that.

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-16-2010, 02:34 PM
This is so ridiculous.

If a team really wanted a safety, they would be going after Atogwe.

Mankins would be a first, MAYBE second round pick.

Do you think someone would trade a first round pick for Jarrad Page and a fourth?

Hayvern
06-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Page has really screwed himself now. Apparently he had until midnight last night to sign his tender and he has not. That means that the Chief's can now change the offer, either way, if Page is headed for a hold out, he is in big trouble.

The Chiefs tendered him for a second round pick, that means anyteam could make Page offers, but if they signed him, they would owe the Chiefs a second round pick. Teams had until April 15th to do that, no one did.

Now the Chiefs have him for whatever they work out for an offer. I guess page thinks that he is better than the 1.7 million per year offered and is headed for a hold out.

The problem for Page is that he is at best an average ball player, notice I said at best, I don't even think he is average personally. If he holds out for the entire season, he will likely find it even harder to come back to the game and get picked up by a team for a player that has been out of the league for almost two years, considering when his injury took place.

Anyway, at this point it is clear that Page is not happy being a Chief, either because of the money, or he no longer wants to play for this team. If he holds out, the Chiefs do not have to pay him, so I say let him sit. THe guy is a punk and if I never hated him before, I do now.

Insider Blog: One of 15 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-One-of-15/2700ed5b-60e9-48db-a578-c359aae0923f)

yashi
06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Honestly, Kendrick Lewis would probably become a better player than Page pretty quickly if he gets the playing time. I've heard a lot of good things about him in training camp. Pioli may have drafted Berry and Lewis with the intention of them being our starting safeties for a long time.

Seek
06-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Honestly, Kendrick Lewis would probably become a better player than Page pretty quickly if he gets the playing time. I've heard a lot of good things about him in training camp. Pioli may have drafted Berry and Lewis with the intention of them being our starting safeties for a long time.

HOLD up.. Please don't jinx Kendrick Lewis with the Boomer Grigsby HYPE before setting foot on the field BS. Lets see the kid actually practice in pads, scrimage and play in preseason against talent in the NFL before we annoint him capable of being our starter.

I am not drinking that spiked kool aide.

yashi
06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
HOLD up.. Please don't jinx Kendrick Lewis with the Boomer Grigsby HYPE before setting foot on the field BS. Lets see the kid actually practice in pads, scrimage and play in preseason against talent in the NFL before we annoint him capable of being our starter.

I am not drinking that spiked kool aide.

I don't think anything I say is going to have an effect on how Lewis turns out. :D

I'm just saying I could see Pioli having that in mind when it happened. He has no allegiance to Page.

bwilliams
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't think anything I say is going to have an effect on how Lewis turns out. :D

I'm just saying I could see Pioli having that in mind when it happened. He has no allegiance to Page.

The problem is that Kendrick Lewis is basically a poor man's Eric Berry. They're both athletic, sure-tackling, coverage FSs. Neither is really built to be a SS. We need a hard-hitting, sure tackling, beast of a safety to play the run in that spot. Not a converted ballhawk.

My guess is that McGraw is (unfortunately) our opening day starter at SS unless we trade for someone or someone good gets cut.

Seek
06-16-2010, 05:25 PM

True but you know how some fans get. Next thing you know Lewis is a better player than Berry before even having a contract.

ChiefKU
06-17-2010, 12:05 AM
they can just sign Page when we cut him. Who needs him.

rodu
06-18-2010, 09:04 PM
do you think he's dumb enough to sit out the whole season?

tornadospotter
06-19-2010, 09:10 PM
:whipping1:Page is going to be taken to the whipping post.