PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo News : O-line rankings: Talent and depth rare finds (Yahoo! Sports)

Coach
06-18-2010, 12:53 PM
The Super Bowl champion Saints are one of the few teams that have both qualities in their unit.

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/nfl/SIG=120esferb/*http%3A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-olinerankings061810)

chief31
06-18-2010, 10:01 PM
1. New Orleans Saints
2. New England Patriots
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Atlanta Falcons

5. Miami Dolphins
6. Houston Texans
7. New York Jets
8. New York Giants
9. Indianapolis Colts
10. Dallas Cowboys
11. Minnesota Vikings
12. Denver Broncos

13. Arizona Cardinals
14. San Diego Chargers
15. Cincinnati bengals
16. Cleveland Brwns
17. Tennesee Titans
18. Philadelphia Eagles
19. Carolina Panthers
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21. Chicago Bears
22. Jacksonville Jaguars
23. Green Bay Packers

24. Pittsburgh Steelers
25. San Francisco 49ers
26. Detroit Lions
27. Seattle Seahawks
28. St. Louis Rams
29. Washington Redskins
30. Buffalo Bills
31. Kansas City Chiefs: Brandon Alberts has been OK at left tackle and the Chiefs still have Brian Waters around. However, the rest of the line is, at best, a bunch of castoffs. They ranked No. 30 in the league in run blocking and No. 25 in pass blocking. Not good, but there’s least a chance for improvement.
32. Oakland Raiders

By Jason Cole

bwilliams
06-18-2010, 11:29 PM
They must not know that we signed Ryan Lilja and Casey Wiegmann. Otherwise, we'd have to be top-10.

honda522
06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Clear this writer doesn't know who we brought in.

The Steeler should be ranked why lower than what they have been ranked at, IMO.

KC fan 01
06-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Everyone keeps saying that the O-line is terrible. But, does anyone realize that KC had 2 great pick ups in FA (Wiegmann and Lilja) for a line that had two solid players (Waters and Albert)? A typical O-line has 5 ppl on it so, 4 outta 5 ain't bad.

bwilliams
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Everyone keeps saying that the O-line is terrible. But, does anyone realize that KC had 2 great pick ups in FA (Wiegmann and Lilja) for a line that had two solid players (Waters and Albert)? A typical O-line has 5 ppl on it so, 4 outta 5 ain't bad.

Um, that depends if people think Wiegmann and Lilja are any good. Both were cut from their old teams for a reason.

Canada
06-21-2010, 08:09 PM
One went to the pro bowl last season.

bwilliams
06-21-2010, 08:15 PM
One went to the pro bowl last season.

You sure about that? Because Wiegmann was a 2nd alternate for the 2008 season. Lilja's never been to the pro bowl.

I mean, far be it from me to say that you don't know very much about football, but these sorts of mistakes can be fixed with a quick Google search.

Canada
06-21-2010, 08:57 PM
You sure about that? Because Wiegmann was a 2nd alternate for the 2008 season. Lilja's never been to the pro bowl.

I mean, far be it from me to say that you don't know very much about football, but these sorts of mistakes can be fixed with a quick Google search.

Maybe its a made up stat they have here

2009 Pro Bowl rosters (http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

NFL.com might not be that reliable.

bwilliams
06-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Maybe its a made up stat they have here

2009 Pro Bowl rosters (http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d80d60467&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

NFL.com might not be that reliable.

Those are the rosters for the 2008 Pro Bowl (which took place in February 2009). Not last seasons.

KristofLaw
06-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Nowhere to go but up..... and we will, alot IMO.

Hayvern
06-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I want to pray and hope against hope this guy is wrong, but unfortunately...

azchiefsfan
06-25-2010, 11:44 PM
He ain't wrong and Cassell is gonna have another year of having his @ss handed back to him after every throwing down. These new idiots running the team are just as inept as the last idiots. I'll still buy the d@mn NFL season pass and burn another $200 or so to get sick to my stomach and "hope for next year". Maybe I'll start smoking the same stuff the Mary Poppins among us are smoking and it won't hurt as bad when the Chiefs lose again, and again, and again, and oh h@ll you know the rest.

pbatrucker
06-26-2010, 03:11 AM
He ain't wrong and Cassell is gonna have another year of having his @ss handed back to him after every throwing down. These new idiots running the team are just as inept as the last idiots. I'll still buy the d@mn NFL season pass and burn another $200 or so to get sick to my stomach and "hope for next year". Maybe I'll start smoking the same stuff the Mary Poppins among us are smoking and it won't hurt as bad when the Chiefs lose again, and again, and again, and oh h@ll you know the rest.
Get bwilliams email address and the too of you can ^itch to each other.

chief31
06-26-2010, 08:32 AM

Many on here seem to have no feeling of heartbreak when the team lets them down. They enter the season with high expectations and will do so again next season, regardless of what happens.

So, anytime you express concerns that the team is not looking good, you will get thrown into a pile of 'haters' or 'bad fans'.

I have been one of those 'bad fans' since the day Willie Roaf officially retired in '06.

Nothing will change the divion of fans except success of the team. Until then, I'd say get used to being treated like some kind of traitor if you don't see the team's future as very bright.

------------------------------------

As far as the o-line goes, I do see more hope than I have in recent years.

Lilja and Weigmann mean nothing to me really. Asomoah is the only addition that means much in my opinion.

But the apparent lack of skill on the left side may well have been caused by Larry Johnson and the gameplans that were formed around him.

We all watched as his production dropped, year after year, while attempting to run the same, one-dimentional running game at every turn.

Opponents were able to collapse down on that one-dimentional approach and focus very heavily on their passrush, knowing that the running game was going to be nil.

With Charles and the expansion of the play-calling, within the running game, that luxury will no longer be granted to opposing defenses.

It is quite possible that our pass-protection was being put at an unfair disadvantage that will be removed with the emergence of an opened-up running game.

If defenses do not adjust to the running game, then we will just have to ride that horse until they do.

But, rather it is because we run the ball well, or the passing game opens up, I think opinions about our o-line will be far better at the end of this season.

Canada
06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Many on here seem to have no feeling of heartbreak when the team lets them down. They enter the season with high expectations and will do so again next season, regardless of what happens.

So, anytime you express concerns that the team is not looking good, you will get thrown into a pile of 'haters' or 'bad fans'.

I have been one of those 'bad fans' since the day Willie Roaf officially retired in '06.

Nothing will change the divion of fans except success of the team. Until then, I'd say get used to being treated like some kind of traitor if you don't see the team's future as very bright.

------------------------------------

As far as the o-line goes, I do see more hope than I have in recent years.

Lilja and Weigmann mean nothing to me really. Asomoah is the only addition that means much in my opinion.

But the apparent lack of skill on the left side may well have been caused by Larry Johnson and the gameplans that were formed around him.

We all watched as his production dropped, year after year, while attempting to run the same, one-dimentional running game at every turn.

Opponents were able to collapse down on that one-dimentional approach and focus very heavily on their passrush, knowing that the running game was going to be nil.

With Charles and the expansion of the play-calling, within the running game, that luxury will no longer be granted to opposing defenses.

It is quite possible that our pass-protection was being put at an unfair disadvantage that will be removed with the emergence of an opened-up running game.

If defenses do not adjust to the running game, then we will just have to ride that horse until they do.

But, rather it is because we run the ball well, or the passing game opens up, I think opinions about our o-line will be far better at the end of this season.
Are you still crying about this sh!t? No one called him a bad fan, they just said maybe you and bwilliams can b!tch together. No one EVER calls you a bad fan but you. The point people are trying to make is that it is ALWAYS b!tching, never anything good. Can you honestly say that there is nothing good about this team because there are some here who have never posted a good thing about the Chiefs so unless you can tell me that we have nothing going for us, those people should be considered haters.

azchiefsfan
06-26-2010, 10:49 AM
You're right, gotta be more positive. The Chiefs have made some stunning moves that will catapult them to #1 in the AFC West. They will be in contention for not only the playoffs, but look out Super Bowl, here we come! Canada and Trucker it is limp-wristed fans that let crappy management shove sub-par teams down our throat and still demand our loyalty and $. You two are the bad fans. You don't believe in holding anyone accountable. As long as they call themselves Chiefs, they can put whatever warmed-over crap they want on the field and you're happy. You two are a great example of what is wrong with the whole franchise and too many fans. Maybe you two are really Bronco's fans, here to keep us down (and happy) in the basement.

azchiefsfan
06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
BTW, Matt Cassell is a fantastic QB, but everytime I think about that, I get queezy thinking about an O-line that lets him get beat to death. Cassell/Bowe could be one of the greatest qb/wr combos of all time, but there's a chance we'll never know because the O line is so terrible. Slapping some lipstick on that pig still don't make it pretty. So keep railing against those of us who love the team so much we actually want to see them win. Who's the "bad fans" again?

chief31
06-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Are you still crying about this sh!t? No one called him a bad fan, they just said maybe you and bwilliams can b!tch together. No one EVER calls you a bad fan but you. The point people are trying to make is that it is ALWAYS b!tching, never anything good. Can you honestly say that there is nothing good about this team because there are some here who have never posted a good thing about the Chiefs so unless you can tell me that we have nothing going for us, those people should be considered haters.

Not that I was talking to you... But my fandom, as well as the fandom of many others who have shared a 'negative' concern about this team, has been attacked numerous times here.

And I have yet to see, even a semi-consitent poster on this board who has never said anything positive.

You're right, gotta be more positive. The Chiefs have made some stunning moves that will catapult them to #1 in the AFC West. They will be in contention for not only the playoffs, but look out Super Bowl, here we come! Canada and Trucker it is limp-wristed fans that let crappy management shove sub-par teams down our throat and still demand our loyalty and $. You two are the bad fans. You don't believe in holding anyone accountable. As long as they call themselves Chiefs, they can put whatever warmed-over crap they want on the field and you're happy. You two are a great example of what is wrong with the whole franchise and too many fans. Maybe you two are really Bronco's fans, here to keep us down (and happy) in the basement.

BTW, Matt Cassell is a fantastic QB, but everytime I think about that, I get queezy thinking about an O-line that lets him get beat to death. Cassell/Bowe could be one of the greatest qb/wr combos of all time, but there's a chance we'll never know because the O line is so terrible. Slapping some lipstick on that pig still don't make it pretty. So keep railing against those of us who love the team so much we actually want to see them win. Who's the "bad fans" again?

I certainly don't think it very respectable to go accusing the other side in the discussion.

Pretty much everyone on this board is a Chiefs fan. I don't think that a critical fan is any better, nor worse, of a fan than a so-called 'homer'.

But when the team has been doing poorly the fans become divided on these issues.

And it does absolutley no good to go challenging one anothers' fandom. None.

I was just trying to let ya know that ya need really thick skin to bring criticism here, without getting into a long, drawn out argument.

Canada
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Classy, and what did I say to insult you?

So what you are saying is you have to be a super bowl team or the worst team. Makes total sense. Its not like we have improved our running game and our secondary and can improve on our 4 wins last season. Dont pretend to be a better fan that other because you whine the loudest. I agree with plenty of the things people point out as problems. Does acting like a 6 year old change those things? Dont you enjoy watching a game and hoping we win? Dont you enjoy going to Arrowhead and watching with 80 000 other Chiefs fans? I do, I get the problems with the team. They have been stated over and over and over, but you don't bother to point out what they should have done. How we could have improved by going anther direction. So go ahead and call names all you like. I really don't give a sh!t because when I go watch the Chiefs at Arrowhead and tailgate with all my friends there, you will be the last person on my mind!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
06-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Not that I was talking to you... But my fandom, as well as the fandom of many others who have shared a 'negative' concern about this team, has been attacked numerous times here.
Sorry, I didn't realize you guys were sending PMs to each other, I thought this was a public mesaage board on the internet!! My bad. :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
:homer::booyah:
But I will say something Negative, Matt Cassel better show better passing this next season. Lots of those drops, was poor ball placement, and he had to many knocked down passes. He throws to low. Needs to make better decisions.

Hayvern
06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
:homer::booyah:
But I will say something Negative, Matt Cassel better show better passing this next season. Lots of those drops, was poor ball placement, and he had to many knocked down passes. He throws to low. Needs to make better decisions.

I think that has a lot to do with the way he was being coached. I truly do believe that Haley was consistently telling Cassel to the ball low as an overthrown ball more often than not ends up an interception.

The way I feel about it is if our receivers get their hands on the ball, then they should be able to catch it. In this, Haley and I seem to agree. I read an article where he was saying that he felt that we had twice as many dropped passes as the NFL was attributing to the team.