PDA

View Full Version : Page formally ask for a trade!

pbatrucker
06-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Report: Chiefs S Jarrad Page Formally Requests Trade - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/18/1525500/report-chiefs-s-jarrad-page)

Chiefster
06-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Adios Amigo!

matthewschiefs
06-18-2010, 10:47 PM
If we can get something for him I think it might be the best move. He is one that I think falls into the Does not fit in to what the new coaching staff wants.

bwilliams
06-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Curious what, if anything, we can get for him. I mean, he obviously doesn't want to be a backup/special teamer, but I don't think he's starting potential. If we can get a 7th rounder for him, we've got to do it.

Also makes me wonder what we're going to do at SS. If it's McGraw, we have a serious problem.

honda522
06-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Dam. I think he had so much potential.

AkChief49
06-18-2010, 11:26 PM
It's time to turn the Page!(thank you Bob Seger!)

hometeam
06-19-2010, 12:23 AM
I dont mind Page going.

he has never really done much except the bare minimum not to completely suck.

Id say he is a fifth round value to someone. Or, a project player or backup LB. You can never have enough LB's in 3-4 :P

Hayvern
06-19-2010, 03:57 AM
We tendered him for a second round pick which seems like no one really wanted him for that. I don't know what Page's problem is and why he would be asking for a trade. More than ever, I believe this guy is simply an idiot. It shows in his play on the field and his actions off the field.

Overall, he has been alright by not getting into trouble, I just don't think he is a smart guy when it comes to business. Someone will have to see more potential in him than what he shows on the field for him to be of much value.

Maybe in a multiple player swap scenario.

Chiefster
06-19-2010, 07:15 AM
It's time to turn the Page!(thank you Bob Seger!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DC_Chiefsfan
06-19-2010, 11:51 AM
It's kind of sad. I was looking forward to some kind of Page/Berry safety tandem. He is talented and I think will be a starter somewhere else. He's got decent ball hawking skills. I just don't know what his problem is. This team has all the potential in place and is going the right direction. With Crennel and Thomas coaching this guy up he could have turned a corner. Now I wouldn't care if we just released him. Or maybe we'll trade him for someone's 2011 5th or 6th rounder and use it in this year's supplemental draft for Unga. Either way,Page basically turned down his best chance at being a part of something special and I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential like I think he could have done in Kansas City.

bwilliams
06-19-2010, 12:03 PM
It's kind of sad. I was looking forward to some kind of Page/Berry safety tandem. He is talented and I think will be a starter somewhere else. He's got decent ball hawking skills. I just don't know what his problem is. This team has all the potential in place and is going the right direction. With Crennel and Thomas coaching this guy up he could have turned a corner. Now I wouldn't care if we just released him. Or maybe we'll trade him for someone's 2011 5th or 6th rounder and use it in this year's supplemental draft for Unga. Either way,Page basically turned down his best chance at being a part of something special and I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential like I think he could have done in Kansas City.

It's because he's being asked to play out of position (SS) in a high injury spot without a long term contract in a contract year.

He was never going to be more than a stopgap at SS anyway, and we'd have replaced him in 2011. And he (like DJ) would have bolted at the beginning of this offseason if it weren't for the fact that 5th year players were RFAs instead of UFAs in the last year of the CBA.

DC_Chiefsfan
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
A lot of guys were asked to play out of position and they did or are; plus they're doing well (Hali, Studebaker, Washington). If this is the case, then Page is acting like Haynesworth. Instead of playing his best football and being a part of something bigger than himself he's pouting.

Quick thought though, maybe our best trade partner would be Houston? Pollard may be clamoring to have his old buddy beside him with the Texans. 6th or 7th round pick for him is fine by me!

DC_Chiefsfan
06-19-2010, 01:12 PM
A lot of guys were asked to play out of position and they did or are; plus they're doing well (Hali, Studebaker, Washington). If this is the case, then Page is acting like Haynesworth. Instead of playing his best football and being a part of something bigger than himself he's pouting.

Quick thought though, maybe our best trade partner would be Houston? Pollard may be clamoring to have his old buddy beside him with the Texans. 6th or 7th round pick for him is fine by me!

*Also add Dorsey, Jackson and Ron Edwards

DC_Chiefsfan
06-19-2010, 01:13 PM
*Also add Dorsey, Jackson and Ron Edwards

*and Derrick Johnson

bwilliams
06-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I wasn't defending Page. I was just saying why he's doing what he's doing. It's like Brandon Marshall last season with the Broncos. He doesn't like the system, knows he isn't there long term, and he doesn't want to get hurt right before his contract year.

Also, Jackson isn't playing out of position, Studebaker and Washington haven't shown anything on the field yet, and Edwards is awful at a NT. I admire the hell out of Dorsey and Hali though.

DC_Chiefsfan
06-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I wasn't defending Page. I was just saying why he's doing what he's doing. It's like Brandon Marshall last season with the Broncos. He doesn't like the system, knows he isn't there long term, and he doesn't want to get hurt right before his contract year.

Also, Jackson isn't playing out of position, Studebaker and Washington haven't shown anything on the field yet, and Edwards is awful at a NT. I admire the hell out of Dorsey and Hali though.

4-3 DE in college to a 3-4 DE in the NFL is out of position. It's a whole new game to learn. You're dead on Washington and Edwards though, they haven't proven anything. I just meant to say that they're willing to do what it takes to make the team better. Studebaker had 2 starts, 11 tackles, 2 INT and 3 passes defensed. I think he's proved at least a little something there.

beaver25
06-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Give him to the Royals lol. He was offered a job in MLB, so now here's his chance.

captainamerica
06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
It's a shame we let the wrong safety go last season. I hope we can get a 6th for him, but I'd settle for a 7th.

jason1981
06-19-2010, 05:41 PM
yeah we should have traded Page instead of Pollard. i forget though wasn't there an incident with pollard that lead to his trade. fighting or something?

ChiefKU
06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
he wasn't that great, big deal. Nobody would be dumb enough to give anything for him. He was a great value for his 7th round pick status, but still no reason to over pay him.

AussieChiefsFan
06-19-2010, 10:33 PM
So was I!

rbedgood
06-20-2010, 04:15 AM
He'd be a good fit somewhere like SF, where we have the rookie Taylor Mays who plays more like a SS anyhow.

Connie Jo
06-20-2010, 11:36 AM
What upsets me about this story is that it reflects there's some conflict, drama, or 'head games' for self benefit being played behind the scenes. Overall the off season tone has been positive, this public announcement sends a negative message. I hate it, we've had too many negative attitudes among the team in the past few years, some justified no doubt under the CP reign. Nevertheless a negative attitude is a Cancer not only in the locker room, but in the media too, of which influences even more negativity towards the Chiefs among media. They thrive on any negativity...worthy or not.

No turning back now, it's out...they need to eliminate Page as quickly as possible, not allow this to drag on, such as was the case with Gonzalez. Let him go before his negative attitude spreads affecting the positive attitudes going into the 2010 season. Negativity has a way of overshadowing positive in all aspects.

70 chiefsfan70
06-20-2010, 03:42 PM
What upsets me about this story is that it reflects there's some conflict, drama, or 'head games' for self benefit being played behind the scenes. Overall the off season tone has been positive, this public announcement sends a negative message. I hate it, we've had too many negative attitudes among the team in the past few years, some justified no doubt under the CP reign. Nevertheless a negative attitude is a Cancer not only in the locker room, but in the media too, of which influences even more negativity towards the Chiefs among media. They thrive on any negativity...worthy or not.

No turning back now, it's out...they need to eliminate Page as quickly as possible, not allow this to drag on, such as was the case with Gonzalez. Let him go before his negative attitude spreads affecting the positive attitudes going into the 2010 season. Negativity has a way of overshadowing positive in all aspects.

Right on Connie, negativity is a decease and must be treated as one, before it zaps out the good we have going for this team.

KristofLaw
06-23-2010, 07:50 PM
He'd be a good fit somewhere like SF, where we have the rookie Taylor Mays who plays more like a SS anyhow.

Sounds good to me... let's do it! :D