PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes?

Connie Jo
06-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Do y'all have any favorite quotes? They can be about life, serious or for fun...if so, what are they? Below are some life quotes, below those some fun football ones!

I can't sleep. I'm a bit upset with seeing much negativity and struggling among many friends, my own family...in society overall realistically. I don't understand how I can see clearly, but others can't...that the majority of people struggling have created their own struggles in one way or another, myself included at times in life.

A long time ago I had a theory...that if negativity breeds negativity, positivity breeds positivity...bad influences bad, good influences good...mean influences mean, kind influences kind...then I could possibly make a difference by being positive, good, & kind when surrounded by negative, bad, & mean. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, lol. I can't change the world (though the good Lord knows I'd like to), but I'm stubborn & I keep on trying! HA!

At Kid Rocks website there was negative, bad, & mean among some members. I entered the back door as always, & wisely...indiscreetly posting in an effort to change the course of what I came across. I thought of a quote that related to the situation, "I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to."
...and that led to thinking of many favorite quotes. Here are some of mine:

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." ~Harriet Woods

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." ~Mark Twain

"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns!" ~Allison Gappa Bottke

"Live so that your friends can defend you but never have to." ~Arnold H. Glasow

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." ~Will Rogers

"Every wrong seems possible today, and is accepted. I don't accept it." ~Pablo Casals

That last one is likely my biggest problem...I don't accept it either, lol. Okay, now for some fun ones! HA!

Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck

Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field? ~Jim Bouton

You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four. ~Dan Birdwell

I do not like football, which I think of as a game in which two tractors approach each other from opposite directions and collide. Besides, I have contempt for a game in which players have to wear so much equipment. Men play basketball in their underwear, which seems just right to me. ~Anna Quindlen

"Yesterday is a cancelled check. Today is cash on the line. Tomorrow is a promissory note." ~Hank Stram

"Just keep matriculatin' the ball down the field, boys". ~Hank Stram

:chiefs:

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 07:23 AM
"No mater where you go; there you are!"

-Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome

chiefnut
06-25-2010, 08:13 AM
"It's better to be lucky than good!"...Ara Parsegian

"No weather wasn't a factor, it rained just as hard on their side of the field!" Joe Paterno

"If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember what you said." ???

"the only statistic that matters is the score at the end of the game" Ara Parsegian

"If you see a light at the end of the tunnel,.....it's probably the headlight on the train."

Canada
06-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Its not so much of a quote as it is a way of saying Cheers

Here's to you and here's to me
The best of friends we'll always be
But if in time we disagree
The F*ck you and here's to me!!:bananen_smilies046:

chiefnut
06-25-2010, 08:32 AM
"DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE"
God

Canada
06-25-2010, 08:37 AM
"DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE"
God
:lol:

honda522
06-25-2010, 09:44 AM
If your going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchhill.

N TX Dave
06-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Similar to one of yours from Hank but one I try to live by since I thought about it and I am much happier since.

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a present so use it wisely.

chiefnut
06-25-2010, 10:15 AM
where there is a will........there is someone who just died!!! me!

Seek
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
If you lend someone 20 bucks and you never see that person again. I was probably work it.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.

Never Miss a good chance to shut up.

Never, under an circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Ryfo18
06-25-2010, 05:57 PM
If my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandpa.

toyotapower
06-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Some of my favorites:

There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

tornadospotter
06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Something my Dad always told me when encountering a problem, If there is a will, there is a way!
Can't never did anything, but can did!

Connie Jo
06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
These are some great one's y'all!!

I love quotes, not sure why, but maybe it's because they say so much with so few words! I think there's a lesson in that for me...now, if I can only learn to use less words when trying to say a whole lot, hahaha.

N TX Dave
06-29-2010, 09:27 AM
The greatest of these commandments is "To love one another"

Hayvern
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

He hits from both sides of the plate, he's amphibious.

I never said most of the things I said.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Yogi Berra was the best!!!

GlennBree
06-29-2010, 11:19 AM
It's not the heights you've reached...but the depths you have risen from.

Canada
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case...coincidence?

Chiefster
06-29-2010, 02:11 PM
If "ifs" and "Buts" were candy and nuts; we'd all have a big party!

....Ok, ok; get your mind out of the gutter! :D

KristofLaw
07-03-2010, 02:37 PM
"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything." - Jim Morrison.

"There's no such thing as a one man team." - Michael Jordan.

"You must be Ringo, look darling, Johnny Ringo... the deadliest pistol there is since Wild Bill they say... should I hate him?" - Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday.

"Just do it." - Nike

"When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity." - John F. Kennedy

"When fire and water are at war it is the fire that loses." - Spanish Proverb.

"The lie is a condition of life." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Fiction is the truth inside the lie." - Stephen King

"It doesn't matter who the people voted for, they always vote for us." - Joseph Stalin

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" - John Lennon

"Americans... still believe in an America where anything's possible - they just don't think their leaders do." - Barack Obama

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? " - George Carlin

"Before I speak, I have something important to say." - Groucho Marx

"An artist is somebody who produces things that people don't need to have." - Andy Warhol

"And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything." - William Shakespeare

"I spent a year in that town, one Sunday." - George Burns

KristofLaw
07-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah... I collect quotes too. I have a hundred more, I robbed those I posted from my YouTube channel.

stricken721
07-09-2010, 11:38 AM
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example, than by the example of our power." - Bill Clinton

"I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures" - Earl Warren

chiefnut
07-10-2010, 12:33 PM
"there's no such thing as " no such thing"," Warehouse 13

"thou rotty knave, thou have eyes yet doth not see" coach to the umpire in "Angels in the outfield" just before being ejected, "yer outta da game hamlet" umpire to coach

SalinaChiefsFan
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
"I sincerely do not understand people that don't drink. They have to wake up in the morning and realize that is the best they are going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra (I think)

Connie Jo
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example, than by the example of our power." - Bill Clinton

"I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures" - Earl Warren

I can relate to the last one! That's one of the reasons I found myself watching less TV years ago...all the depressing stuff!

"I sincerely do not understand people that don't drink. They have to wake up in the morning and realize that is the best they are going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra (I think)

Frank or Dean, haha.

Canada
07-15-2010, 08:05 AM
"Wanna find out how hard I can punch?"

-Tallahassee (Woddy Harrelson)
Zombieland

chiefnut
07-15-2010, 08:27 AM
"If I knew i would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself".....Mickey Mantle

Hayvern
07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
From a movie

Coach: Not much of a crowd tonight.
Assistant: Well at least we have home field advantage.
Coach: The Alamo was home field.

Canada
07-16-2010, 01:17 AM
From a movie

Coach: Not much of a crowd tonight.
Assistant: Well at least we have home field advantage.
Coach: The Alamo was home field.Major League?

Seek
07-16-2010, 11:46 AM

I like it.