PDA

View Full Version : anybody an espn insider?

whatwasthat?
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
theres an article about why mccluster might be Offensive ROY and i want to see what it has to say

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
It is saying that he is going to be used all over the field. While he lacks the size to be a true up-the-middle running back (what?! shocked!), he will be used in a variety of different ways:

change of pace back
wide receiver
slot back
kick returner
wildcat "QB"

Basically, people freaking love McCluster, and think that he is going to be one of those guys who consistently make highlights.

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I want offensive and defensive ROY awards for Berry and McCluster.

I love how everyone was clamoring for Dan Williams to shore up our run defense, and McCluster rushed for 282 yards and 4 TD against the Vols' defense.

Even Berry knows that McCluster cannot be caught!

whatwasthat?
06-25-2010, 02:22 PM
if we got both O and D ROY awards, id have to say this draft would already be a success...Jairus byrd had 9 INT's last season though and he still didnt get D-ROY over a guy that was using steroids

yashi
06-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Man, if McCluster could have a season similar to Percy Harvin last year playing in the slot/returning kicks for the Vikings, I would be so pumped.

SAPHOJUNKIE
06-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Obviously, it's far-fetched at best, but I do believe that either of these guys COULD be the ROY.

The reason I think Berry has a better chance than Byrd is that he is already a bigger name, and going to be a major media focus in all of our games. If he has a very good season, people will already want to anoint him the next great safety.