PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Croyle

DC_Chiefsfan
06-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/25/1537464/chiefs-qb-brodie-croyle-talks#storyjump)

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?
:chiefs:

Chiefster
06-25-2010, 08:17 PM
Chiefs QB Brodie Croyle Talks About Wanting To Be A Starter - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/25/1537464/chiefs-qb-brodie-croyle-talks#storyjump)

In light of this article, I started thinking about our QB situation. And when I thought about it, Croyle has always played well when healthy (remember last year's opener against the Raven's D?!). Again, his problem has always been injury related. But Weis' offense seems to be designed around getting rid of the ball quick to guys who can do something with it. This style of offense should lead to less QB sacks/pressures/hits. If Croyle could remain healthy all season, I think he would outplay Cassel. Don't get me wrong, I like Cassel and hope he does well. But I always thought Brodie would do well if he could stay healthy. He's got a strong arm, he's accurate and he can make a decision (faster than Cassel at least). I will quietly be rooting for Brodie to get a shot this year. Of course, if Cassel shows up, I'm good with that too!! What do you guys think?

I don't get paid to think. :D

I honestly don't care as long as whoever is the QB can do the job.

tornadospotter
06-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I would be thrilled if brokie becomes Brody and plays to his potential. He has just been, well brokie all the time.

DC_Chiefsfan
06-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I would be thrilled if brokie becomes Brody and plays to his potential. He has just been, well brokie all the time.

:lol:

AussieChiefsFan
06-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Matt Cassel will definatley be the starter for years to come IMO (over croyle anyway) but I think Brodie Croyle is a good play but that his injuries have played a huge role in him not being a starter on another team too.

tornadospotter
06-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Matt Cassel will definatley be the starter for years to come IMO (over croyle anyway) but I think Brodie Croyle is a good play but that his injuries have played a huge role in him not being a starter on another team too.
Just to correct your thinking my young friend, down under in Australia, Brodie has only played in the NFL for the Chief's. He was drafted by the Chief's, and has never played for any other team. He may well become a starter again, for a NFL team, given the opportunity.

:11:

Pro_Angler
06-26-2010, 12:00 AM
id take healthy brodie over cant make a descision cassel any day

Chiefster
06-26-2010, 12:50 AM
id take healthy brodie over cant make a descision cassel any day

This has been the problem.

AussieChiefsFan
06-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Just to correct your thinking my young friend, down under in Australia, Brodie has only played in the NFL for the Chief's. He was drafted by the Chief's, and has never played for any other team. He may well become a starter again, for a NFL team, given the opportunity.

:11:
I didn't explain it properly. What I meant was if he WAS completely healthy for all of his career another team might have wanted to trade for him or offered him a good conrtact and THERE he could have been a starter. Theoretically. :D

Three7s
06-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Brodie has more talent, just not well put together. He's a solid backup, so we don't have to freak out when Cassel gets injured. I'm happy to have him on the team.

pbatrucker
06-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Being born and raised in Alabama, I would love another Crimson Tide success story.
But the truth is Brodie was hurt a lot in college and was not that good when healthy. As a Chief like every one is pointing out, he is often injured.
One point no one has pointed out. Brodie has not won a game while with the Chiefs, even when healthy. Cassel is our QB for a reason, He has won in the NFL.

70 chiefsfan70
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Cassel will be much better this year , if not expect a QB in the first round out of the 20111 draft.

May the best QB start, I like competition and believe it makes for a better team.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-26-2010, 10:00 AM
I would be thrilled if Croyle's feet never touched the playing surface. I want us to win games!!

marloweopatchiefs
06-26-2010, 12:33 PM
I still say cassel is are future and will be for years to come. i mean come on he has one year under his belt but has a much better team around him this season.

marloweopatchiefs
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
croyle is just made of glass. Like his arm but that's about it. He is a good backup.

Three7s
06-26-2010, 05:26 PM
I would be thrilled if Croyle's feet never touched the playing surface. I want us to win games!!
I'll go ahead and assume you feel the same way about Cassel.

Seek
06-26-2010, 06:53 PM

Other than that Baltimore game, I have never seen Croyle play well.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll go ahead and assume you feel the same way about Cassel.
No. I have actually seen Cassel be succesful during his career which is much more than I can say about Croyle. Regardless of the team, Cassel to me simply has more talent and is MUCH more durable than Croyle. He proved that in N.E and last year with us.

hometeam
06-26-2010, 09:54 PM
he already hurt his finger in min camps, he cant stay healthy

wildcat
06-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Cassel will be much better this year , if not expect a QB in the first round out of the 20111 draft.

May the best QB start, I like competition and believe it makes for a better team.

I'm all about being patient, but I really hope we do not have to wait that long to secure a legit QB of the future (if Cassell does not turn out to be the answer that is).

Pro_Angler
06-27-2010, 12:45 PM

Dude any QB whoes hand slams a helmit will get hurt!! Geez...

matthewschiefs
06-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Its not a real big deal for a player to get hurt like that. I think that Brodie could be a good starter. If Cassel were to go down this season I would not panic. Brodie does have to prove that he can stay healthy thats is for sure. I just dont think its time to give up on him just yet.

Hayvern
06-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Dude any QB whoes hand slams a helmit will get hurt!! Geez...

Aye, but you have to admit that Croyle has been broken much more than just any quarterback.

Hell, Damon Huard at his old age was tougher than Croyle, behind the same players. Yeah Huard got beat up, but he went back out and played. It seems like everytime Croyle gets turf toe, he has to go sit on the bench and have nurse maids around him.

Austin Avalon
06-27-2010, 06:36 PM
He's like a wine glass, just shatters on impact. I've never been too impressed with him when he was playing.

Still think we should of kept Thigpen.

tornadospotter
06-27-2010, 09:59 PM
t
He's like a wine glass, just shatters on impact. I've never been too impressed with him when he was playing.

Still think we should of kept Thigpen.
Now that is a thought that I will agree to.

SIC J
06-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Croyle is garbage. He's never won a game. He can't stay healthy. Any contact he gets and he's on the sidelines.

I would rather not even have him as a back-up.

Three7s
06-28-2010, 04:46 AM
Croyle is garbage. He's never won a game. He can't stay healthy. Any contact he gets and he's on the sidelines.

I would rather not even have him as a back-up.
Wow, so you're saying you'd rather have some unknown kid like Palko in there? At least I think that's him.

Sure, he makes conservative throws and gets injured easily, but he can manage the game, at least.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Wow, so you're saying you'd rather have some unknown kid like Palko in there? At least I think that's him.

Sure, he makes conservative throws and gets injured easily, but he can manage the game, at least.
You really sound confident about your boy Croyle. We don't need a manager, we need a winner! Croyle is certainly not a starter in this league and would be third in the rotation on many NFL teams. Just because we have a lack of talent at the position doesn't warrant him being the "for sure" back up. A lot of QB's have losing records but Mr. Croyle's is absurd! It's probably far fetched but I'm hoping there is someone who is cut that we can take a look at for the back up position.

yashi
06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
My opinion: Croyle is the most talented QB on the team. His arm strength is far superior to Cassel's and he has a much quicker release. This is undeniable. The problem is he can't stay on the field because he's brittle. If this was flag football he would be MVP.

One of the 2 or 3 best games for a QB on our team last season was by Croyle, in his 1 start... against one of the best defenses we played last season. Just saying.

bwilliams
06-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Brodie Croyle is 0-15 in his career. He can't stay healthy. His best game was a 13-point loss to the Ravens. He should be tossed and we should find a semi-decent vet to be our backup. We can then groom Palko as our 3QB. There aren't many veteran QBs left this late in FA, but there should be more after the next set of roster cuts.

Seek
06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
My opinion: Croyle is the most talented QB on the team. His arm strength is far superior to Cassel's and he has a much quicker release. This is undeniable. The problem is he can't stay on the field because he's brittle. If this was flag football he would be MVP.

One of the 2 or 3 best games for a QB on our team last season was by Croyle, in his 1 start... against one of the best defenses we played last season. Just saying.

If this was true he would be starting now.. If this was true he would have an NFL win under his belt.

Fact of the matter the only sucess you have seen Croyle make is going through his reads and dumping the ball of to his safety valve. When the game was on the line and he had to make a throw for yards, he either failed with an INT or incomplete pass. Thus his oustanding winning record.

SIC J
06-28-2010, 01:52 PM

Being that Croyle is 0-15, YES! What would we have to lose by taking a chance with Palko?

Drunker Hillbilly
06-28-2010, 04:12 PM

So in your opinion, Croyle could have and would have had the same success (wins) in N.E. that Cassel did? I' would bet waaaayyyy against that.

yashi
06-28-2010, 05:11 PM
So in your opinion, Croyle could have and would have had the same success (wins) in N.E. that Cassel did? I' would bet waaaayyyy against that.

Yes. I believe just about any QB in the NFL would do very well with a spread style offense like the Patriots, Randy Moss & Wes Welker, a great offensive line, and HoF-bound coach.

KCINNYC
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes. I believe just about any QB in the NFL would do very well with a spread style offense like the Patriots, Randy Moss & Wes Welker, a great offensive line, and HoF-bound coach.

Like Matt Cassel did in New England? He was almost a pro bowler that year and certainly got them to to the playoffs....

Just saying....

yashi
06-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Like Matt Cassel did in New England? He was almost a pro bowler that year and certainly got them to to the playoffs....

Just saying....

I actually went back and watched almost every Pats game from 2008 after we traded for Cassel. I guess I really wasn't impressed. I saw a lot of checkdowns to Welker, and a lot of Welker making plays. I also saw Cassel have a very hard time getting the ball to Moss deep. And the stats back that up as Moss had a big dropoff from the season before.

I know he won games, but a football team is more than 1 person, and the Patriots were very good at most positions. The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer being a below average QB. The Steelers won in spite of Roethlisberger when he was a rookie and not good yet.

I want to be wrong, but I'm just giving my honest opinion from what I see on the field. Watching Croyle get crushed from his blind side all the time didn't show me anything, except that we had a terrible offensive line. So I don't see how a fair assessment can be made about him. Maybe Cassel will come out and kill it this year. I hope so.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Your certainly allowed to have your opinion but I laughed out loud when I read this. I bet we could name 15 or so that a majority would agree could not win 11 games with that team. Keep in mind Cassel was sacked I think over 40 times give or take a few that year. IMO, Croyle is near the top of that list. Not many physically or mentally tough enough to be sacked that many times and still have the poise to win 11 games.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Just saying....
New England missed the playoffs in 2008......

Chiefster
06-28-2010, 07:00 PM
New England missed the playoffs in 2008......

True, they were one of the very few teams going 11-5 on the regular season and missed the playoffs.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-28-2010, 07:03 PM
True, they were one of the very few teams going 11-5 on the regular season and missed the playoffs.
First time in history I believe.

SIC J
06-29-2010, 03:43 AM

Either way, I couldn't see Croyle winning that many games even with that same team that year.

KCINNYC
06-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Either way, I couldn't see Croyle winning that many games even with that same team that year.

Exactly. And if that is the model of the team we are going to become, (McCluster is Wes Welker for instance) than Cassel is going to do well this year. I think they ALWAYS knew that they were going to go that way, they ALWAYS knew that in a year Weis and Crennel would be available, they ALWAYS knew last year was a throw away year and a year to evaluate talent and let Todd Haley get his feet wet. I think this year is the first real year of the rebuild

bwilliams
06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Exactly. And if that is the model of the team we are going to become, (McCluster is Wes Welker for instance) than Cassel is going to do well this year. I think they ALWAYS knew that they were going to go that way, they ALWAYS knew that in a year Weis and Crennel would be available, they ALWAYS knew last year was a throw away year and a year to evaluate talent and let Todd Haley get his feet wet. I think this year is the first real year of the rebuild

I think Charlie Weis was pretty surprised to find himself available, much less Pioli and Haley.

And it's good to know that 2009 was a throwaway year. They'll refund the fans who bought tickets, right?

matthewschiefs
06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
I think Charlie Weis was pretty surprised to find himself available, much less Pioli and Haley.

And it's good to know that 2009 was a throwaway year. They'll refund the fans who bought tickets, right?

I dont think that to many people outside of Charlie were surprised that he was let go at ND. There had been rumors for a long time that he was on the hot seat there. After they loss 2 games I think everyone knew that he was gone at the end of the season.

matthewschiefs
06-29-2010, 12:58 PM

I think towards the end of last season the rebuilding under the new management began . They got A LOT done this offseason IMO I no some argue that but they really did do alot. They wanted Charlie and Romeo they went out and got them. We got one the best rb duos in the NFL. I cant wait to see this team on the field this season. It should be much better then what we have seen in a long time.