marloweopatchiefs
06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Chris Chambers or Dwayne Bowe?

DC_Chiefsfan
06-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Bowe.

tornadospotter
06-26-2010, 03:24 PM
None of the above, I think it will be an new player.

Chief Tyler
06-26-2010, 04:42 PM
None of the above, I think it will be an new player.

Question was better of two, not the best on the team :P

My vote goes to Bowe.

jwill 747
06-26-2010, 05:16 PM
bowe...but chambers keeps it close

Three7s
06-26-2010, 05:27 PM
None of the two will be good I think, but I'll go with Chambers. He catches it when it hits him usually.

Seek
06-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Unless things change from Last year Chambers will win in a land slide.

The Chiefs offense became very productive once Chambers joined with Chambers being the go to guy.

Drunker Hillbilly
06-26-2010, 08:19 PM
I guess it depends on how you judge success. Chambers is and has been a much more productive overall WR and my guess is that this will continue to be the case. Bowe, yes he will pull off a circus catch or two and may even have some very productive games but Chambers will prevail again this season. Bowe will possibly be looking for another team to play for if he doesn't do a 180 on and off the field!

DC_Chiefsfan
06-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Chambers will be good next year, absolutely. But he has consistently put up respectable but not great numbers. Only once has he had over 1000 yds receiving, and his highest reception totals were 82, 69 and 64 all of which seasons were before 2005. He's never broken 60 receptions other than those 3 seasons. I imagine he'll have a 60 reception, 800 yd season.

Bowe will be great next season. 70 receptions and 995 yds followed by 86 for 1022 yds. Last year he was in the dog house, only started 9 games and was suspended for 4 and still had 47 receptions. All indications (haley's words and bowe's words from interviews) indicate he's been working hard this off season to restore his career. This guy has something to prove and will have a big year. I'm thinking over 80 receptions and nearly 1100 yds.

hometeam
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Bowe just becuase he will see more balls thrown his direction and have more chances

DMN
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
I gotta go with Bowe only because he will be playing for a lot more than chambers this year... This truly is a redemption year for him and I can only believe he is mature enough now to take advantage of it.

Not to mention our running game will be the best it has been in three years, this should really give bowe a chance to shine. The x factors continue to be our subpar o line and Cassels ability to get comfortable and make a decision.

tornadospotter
06-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Question was better of two, not the best on the team :P

My vote goes to Bowe.
That is correct, out of the two, I would have to go with Bowe, because it is make or break time for him.

Connie Jo
06-27-2010, 04:22 AM
This is a tough decision to make...I can see either of them having a great season. I've been following Bowe with his comments on his Facebook page...I agree he's out to prove himself this year. I've not followed Chambers like I have Bowe...so, I'll choose Bowe as having the better season. :)

70 chiefsfan70
06-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I think Chambers will start out better but will start to show his age by mid season and and Bowe will start picking it up,thus I give the greater number of catches and tds to Chambers and the most yards to Bowe, He should have some huge plays, like it was said before on this thread, its make it or break it time for bowe. Making Bowe the mvp of the two.

Chief Tyler
06-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Bowe is younger, freakishly athletic and playing for a new contract while Chambers just signed his.

Pro_Angler
06-27-2010, 12:43 PM
neither will be best reciever..IMO

kckidd8870
06-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I think Bowe will be better.He has alot of talent.Don't get me wrong I like Chambers but if Bowe can get his head out of his butt, I think he could get a 1400 to 1500 recieving year.I'm just not sure though,if he wan't to be a bad boy or a football player.If he wan't to do what Haley and the coaching staff tells him.Then he will come up huge for us this year and if he doesnt then it will be be another loser that we need to cut next year.Come on Bowe,do the right thing.

slc chief
06-27-2010, 01:46 PM
then who?i say bowe will be very productive this year

tornadospotter
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I agree, but the question is who of the two.

honda522
06-28-2010, 09:56 AM
I will say Bowe, bur I think if anything they will be close.

Vanilla Garilla
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM
McCluster will have the most Touchdowns. Chambers will have the most receptions, and Bowe will have the most drops.

Seek
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
This should be a sports book bet. I am betting McCluster is what he is. A rookie, whose production will be much less than some people expect.

Chambers will be the vet he was last year, with about 7 TD.s and 800 yards.

Bowe will drop 12 balls killing promising drive, but the faithful fans will blame Cassel for not being as good and Croyle.

Pro_Angler
06-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Bowe will finish 1st between the two but 2nd for the team.

Chiefster
06-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Oooo, oooo!!!! I know which one will have a better year!!!!!!!

...The one with the most receptions and TDs!!!!! :D

Boobcrack
06-29-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll go with Bowe. I don't see how some are calling this a make or break season for Bowe. If you look at his first two seasons he put up nice #'s. This last season he missed 5 games. If he had not missed those games he would have been on pace for another decent season. Look at the #'s. Dwayne Bowe Stats - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10467)

figcrostic
07-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Chris Chambers or Dwayne Bowe?

Chamers is more consistent but Bowe has great potential. I think Bowe will have more TD's but Chambers will have more yards. So I guess Bowe.

figcrostic
07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I'll go with Bowe. I don't see how some are calling this a make or break season for Bowe. If you look at his first two seasons he put up nice #'s. This last season he missed 5 games. If he had not missed those games he would have been on pace for another decent season. Look at the #'s. Dwayne Bowe Stats - Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=10467)

I agree if you call D bowe as bust your beat he could be the starter on a lot of teams.

Ryfo18
07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Bowe will get back into 70+ reception 1000+ yard form this year. No question he's the best receiver on this team next year.

I was encouraged to see that Larry Fitzgerald of all people called Bowe a "beast" on his Twitter feed yesterday. Bowe will put his past issues aside and be huge for the Chiefs this year.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Bowe will get back into 70+ reception 1000+ yard form this year. No question he's the best receiver on this team next year.

I was encouraged to see that Larry Fitzgerald of all people called Bowe a "beast" on his Twitter feed yesterday. Bowe will put his past issues aside and be huge for the Chiefs this year.
He might have a great year and I hope he does but let's face it, Fitz would not say anything bad about anyone so I will take his comments with a grain of salt. Bottom line is that Bowe is going to have to step his game up and prove that he is a good receiver. If your in charge and he has another bad season and continue's to drop balls, what do you do with him?

Three7s
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
He might have a great year and I hope he does but let's face it, Fitz would not say anything bad about anyone so I will take his comments with a grain of salt. Bottom line is that Bowe is going to have to step his game up and prove that he is a good receiver. If your in charge and he has another bad season and continue's to drop balls, what do you do with him?
Try to trade him, of course, you won't get a 1st rounder.

azchiefsfan
07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Bowe. He has mad skills-Larry Fitzgerald skills. He just needs to be more focused come game time, and I think he will. Matt Cassell has experienced a season of running for his life, unlike his days at NE, and will be better prepared to 3 step drop to the corners for Bowe. IF (geez I hate if) the O line can just give 3 steps worth of protection, Bowe and his leaping ability is going to put up serious #'s on the sideline routes. Heck, I am feeling more optimistic talking about it.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Bowe. He has mad skills-Larry Fitzgerald skills. He just needs to be more focused come game time, and I think he will. Matt Cassell has experienced a season of running for his life, unlike his days at NE, and will be better prepared to 3 step drop to the corners for Bowe. IF (geez I hate if) the O line can just give 3 steps worth of protection, Bowe and his leaping ability is going to put up serious #'s on the sideline routes. Heck, I am feeling more optimistic talking about it.
Uhhh, NOT Fitz skills! I assume by your name that you live in Az therefore I'm assuming you watch all of the Cardinal games. Not close to the same skills....

azchiefsfan
07-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Yup, I'm in Az and I've gone to a couple Cards games. I stand by what I said. Bowe can be great, not just good, if he puts his mind to it. The biggest hurdle is for him and the rest of the team to quit thinking of themselves as losers. I also think that like the Cardinals of 3 years ago, we finally have enough pieces in place to finally start winning. The O line is the softest part of the team, so that is the whole key to a run at the playoffs. I have been beat up pretty good here for being too down on KC, so I am definitely not a blind fanatic. For the first time in 5 or 6 years I am starting to believe we have turned a corner and Bowe is going to lead the way.

fairladyZ
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Adam Schefter posted on Twitter that Rich Gannon spent all day yesterday with Bowe working on his skills.. Rich is spending today with Fitzgerald... Hope Bowe gets his head on straight finally.

Chiefster
07-16-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Gannon might well make a good assistant coach.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Yup, I'm in Az and I've gone to a couple Cards games. I stand by what I said. Bowe can be great, not just good, if he puts his mind to it. The biggest hurdle is for him and the rest of the team to quit thinking of themselves as losers. I also think that like the Cardinals of 3 years ago, we finally have enough pieces in place to finally start winning. The O line is the softest part of the team, so that is the whole key to a run at the playoffs. I have been beat up pretty good here for being too down on KC, so I am definitely not a blind fanatic. For the first time in 5 or 6 years I am starting to believe we have turned a corner and Bowe is going to lead the way.
Again.....NOT as good as Fitz physically and certainly not mentally and I don't believe he ever will be.

yashi
07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Again.....NOT as good as Fitz physically and certainly not mentally and I don't believe he ever will be.

Bowe has made some plays that no other Chiefs WR I can remember would be able to make. Consistency is his problem, but physically he's one of the most gifted in the league. He just needs to stop thinking touchdown before he catches the ball. I know you disagree, but there's not a team in the league that wouldn't love to have Bowe on their roster.

***Video removed by Chiefster***

yashi
07-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Interesting. I watched the video without sound.

azchiefsfan
07-16-2010, 08:33 PM
To each his own, but Fitz ain't the alpha and omega of receivers. He's d@mned good, but there's some other really good receivers playing today as well. And now that Warner is retired, let's just wait and see how well he does.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Look, I'm a Chiefs fan but facts are facts! Fitz is arguably one of the top 2-5 receivers in football. Most other receivers on other teams are the only guy or they may have 1 other. Him along with Andre Johnson, Marshall, Wayne, Smith are right there. Bowe is not near that group of guys. Fitz has played on a team with 2 other guys near or over 1000 yds receiving and he never fumbles the ball. He is one of the most sure handed receivers in the league and has a vice like grip. He runs great routes and is very inteligent when it comes to the game of football. You would be hard pressed to find another player in the league that works harder than he does. There is a reason that all of these players go to Minnesota to work out with him in the off season.

I will agree that he had a HOF'r throwing to him and his numbers will probably suffer because Leinart is now the QB but IMO Bowe is definitely not in the same catagory in any of the above mentioned catagories. I'm almost certain that outside of this board or a Chiefs fan, you would be hard pressed to put the two in the same breath when comparing their games. JMO, and by the way I do hope Bowe has a good year for the Chiefs but I'm a "show me" guy not a tell me how fricken good your are and then drop a ton of balls and have a crappy attitude guy" and that is what Bowe has been to this point in his career.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Bowe has made some plays that no other Chiefs WR I can remember would be able to make. Consistency is his problem, but physically he's one of the most gifted in the league. He just needs to stop thinking touchdown before he catches the ball. I know you disagree, but there's not a team in the league that wouldn't love to have Bowe on their roster.

***Video removed by Chiefster***
I can tell you that a team like the Cardinals for the last 2 years wouldn't. Three receivers over 1000 yds and great attitudes that are team players wouldn't have him. Not a chance! I have to referrence the Cardinals because they are the only other team that I see all of their games. I get your point but I think Bowes attitude and drops would be a BIG factor in other teams having him. I hope things change this year because if they don't, we will no longer be talking about him.

yashi
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
I can tell you that a team like the Cardinals for the last 2 years wouldn't. Three receivers over 1000 yds and great attitudes that are team players wouldn't have him. Not a chance! I have to referrence the Cardinals because they are the only other team that I see all of their games. I get your point but I think Bowes attitude and drops would be a BIG factor in other teams having him. I hope things change this year because if they don't, we will no longer be talking about him.

You've seen Fitzgerald's numbers with Leinart throwing to him versus Warner, right?

2007:

With Leinart throwing Fitzgerald the ball (3.5 games): 15 catches, 212 yards. 0 TDs.
With Warner throwing Fitzgerald the ball (11.5 games): 85 catches, 1,197 yards. 10 TDs.

I'm not going to deny that he's one of the 2-3 best receivers in the league talent-wise, but having a QB that can actually get him the ball makes a world of difference. We still haven't seen Bowe with good quarterback play yet.

Drunker Hillbilly
07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
You've seen Fitzgerald's numbers with Leinart throwing to him versus Warner, right?

2007:

With Leinart throwing Fitzgerald the ball (3.5 games): 15 catches, 212 yards. 0 TDs.
With Warner throwing Fitzgerald the ball (11.5 games): 85 catches, 1,197 yards. 10 TDs.
Your statement was "there's not a team in the league that would not love to have Bowe on their team" My response was the last 2 years the Cardinals would not have taken him. Read before posting! I also said his numbers would suffer with Leinart at QB in a previous post. If your telling me that Bowe would have the same numbers as Fitz with Warner throwing to him I would say, well I would say I disagree. Bowe can't catch the ball consistantly. He's proven that! For people to compare the two players blows my mind. Potential and results are two different things and one player has potential and NO results, the other simply has results.

Ryfo18
01-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I wish Stricken would have made this a betting thread!