PDA

View Full Version : S kendrick lewis first to sign

whatwasthat?
06-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Video Gallery (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Arrowhead-Update-Kendrick-Lewis-Signed/ba4d8c7b-9812-484a-bf3f-68b1150e65a5)

buffman316
06-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Alright there is one, and a good one at that. Let's keep it rolling Chiefs and get these guys signed! I really hope Berry is in training camp!

Chiefster
07-01-2010, 02:11 AM
One down several to go!

Seek
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
It is just my opinion, but I think this kid will make a much bigger impact that any other draft pick except for maybe Berry.

He may be a starter next to Berry coming opening day. The longer Page holds out, the better.

whatwasthat?
07-01-2010, 08:32 PM
It is just my opinion, but I think this kid will make a much bigger impact that any other draft pick except for maybe Berry.

He may be a starter next to Berry coming opening day. The longer Page holds out, the better.

even if page shows up to camp...this guy could know far more about romeos playbook than page due to his absence...its possible he could win the job even if page is there

bwilliams
07-02-2010, 02:33 PM
even if page shows up to camp...this guy could know far more about romeos playbook than page due to his absence...its possible he could win the job even if page is there

I like Lewis to be a good special teams player and backup FS, but we're in a world of **** if he's our opening day SS. I have to think that the (ugh) likes of DaJuan Morgan and Jon McGraw are ahead of him there.

Seek
07-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I like Lewis to be a good special teams player and backup FS, but we're in a world of **** if he's our opening day SS. I have to think that the (ugh) likes of DaJuan Morgan and Jon McGraw are ahead of him there.

You mean like the world of hurt the Chiefs were in when Page and Pollard started as rookies. Or even Flowers and Carr at CB.

No one has seen this kid play yet to make any kind of judgement on what kind of player he is. From what I had heard from OTA's, this kid is good.

I have seen enough of McGraw and Morgan to believe that if they are our starters, the Chiefs are in a world of hurt.

bwilliams
07-02-2010, 05:20 PM
You mean like the world of hurt the Chiefs were in when Page and Pollard started as rookies. Or even Flowers and Carr at CB.

No one has seen this kid play yet to make any kind of judgement on what kind of player he is. From what I had heard from OTA's, this kid is good.

I have seen enough of McGraw and Morgan to believe that if they are our starters, the Chiefs are in a world of hurt.

Um, when we started Page/Pollard as rookies in 2007 we finished 4-12. When we started Carr/Flowers as rookies in 2008, we finished 2-14.

From what I've read, he is good. As a FS, not a SS. He's a coverage guy, not a hard-hitting one. He'll get killed if we start him there.

My hope is that a decent SS becomes available after cuts, and we pick him up. The other options aren't good.

Three7s
07-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Um, when we started Page/Pollard as rookies in 2007 we finished 4-12. When we started Carr/Flowers as rookies in 2008, we finished 2-14.

From what I've read, he is good. As a FS, not a SS. He's a coverage guy, not a hard-hitting one. He'll get killed if we start him there.

My hope is that a decent SS becomes available after cuts, and we pick him up. The other options aren't good.
I've heard so many different things about Lewis that it's unbelievable. I'll know exactly what I think should be done when I see him in preseason.

If I had to go with gut instinct, I'd have to say that I think Lewis is better as an FS type too, which gives us a problem, because that's the type Berry is.

AussieChiefsFan
07-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Hopefully the rest will sign shortly.

Seek
07-06-2010, 09:00 AM

Carr and Flowers were also the only bright spots on that team. The rest of the team sucked.

Page also had a very good year. Not so much Pollard.

I am not saying that he will be great, but you are already counting him out before seeing him play.

I still think he will make a bigger impact than any other rookie, excluding Berry.

bwilliams
07-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Carr and Flowers were also the only bright spots on that team. The rest of the team sucked.

Page also had a very good year. Not so much Pollard.

I am not saying that he will be great, but you are already counting him out before seeing him play.

I still think he will make a bigger impact than any other rookie, excluding Berry.

Page, Pollard, Carr, and Flowers had good-to-great rookie years, but they still played like rookies. Berry is one of the most pro-ready prospects to come out in a long time, and even he'll have a learning curve. A 5th rounder like Lewis will have a much, much bigger one than that.

How was I counting him out, saying that he's a FS not a SS? Page is a FS, not a SS, by the way. We don't have a legit SS on the roster right now. Anyway, on what are you even basing that the coaches are looking to play him at SS?

Seek
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Page, Pollard, Carr, and Flowers had good-to-great rookie years, but they still played like rookies. Berry is one of the most pro-ready prospects to come out in a long time, and even he'll have a learning curve. A 5th rounder like Lewis will have a much, much bigger one than that.

How was I counting him out, saying that he's a FS not a SS? Page is a FS, not a SS, by the way. We don't have a legit SS on the roster right now. Anyway, on what are you even basing that the coaches are looking to play him at SS?

Just the fact that both Berry and Lewis were the starting safeties in OTA when camp ended.

How do you know that Lewis is not the FS and they have Berry is the SS. Does not make much sense to me, but neither did the tweet about Page hoping we drafted Berry, seeing how they both play the same postion.

Usually, when someone says the Chiefs will be in a world of %^&% if Lewis is starting, usually means you have counted him out already.

KottkeKU
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
the only knock on lewis was that he is slow. I think both him and berry are versatile safeties who can play either position as they are being groomed from the start. I would prefer to see Berry play at FS, as I think that is his natural position. but he can play SS too, otherwise we wouldn't have drafted him at no.5 overall. its too early to say where which one end up, but I would like to see both of them start because I think we all know what we have with Page, McGraw, etc. Which is not much. give the young dudes a chance