PDA

View Full Version : So certain are we?

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 10:45 PM
The most notable losses for the Chiefs the past offseason were Will Shields and Trent Green. I think it's safe to say that it was honestly Trent's time to go. Certainly feeling doubted and perhaps wronged by the Chiefs, Trent may find enough fuel to ingnite a spark and return to shades of his former glory in Miami. However, if he had stayed in Kansas City that spark would probably have more accurately resembled a sputter. Perhaps turning into a cloud of smoke as an afterthought to an otherwise bright career here. I'm glad for Trent and the opportunity he is getting with the Dolphins but I am also glad that he is no longer under center for the Chiefs.

The retirement of Will Shields could be said to be more significant and the reverberations of this may be felt by the organization and fans for some time. In all honesty, there is nobody the Chiefs could have picked up then that would prove to be as valuable an asset as Shields. Coupled with the loss of Willie Roaf the previous season, we now get to witness the re-tooling of an offensive line.

Though the situation may seem bleak to some, two things can be said for the Chiefs offensive line this year. Those being Waters and Wiegmann. Both of these guys are stand-out players in a league where linemen are severely underrated. Once one considers the fact that both Turley and Welbourne have been in the Chiefs' system for several years, the situation begins to look a little less dire. Of course, we won't look as good without the hall of fame lineup we once had. In fact, it may be a very long time before any team is blessed enough to boast quality players akin to the likes of Roaf, Shields, Waters, and Wiegmann on the same front. While some may contest the ability of Turley and Welbourne to perform, at least they had a chance to learn from some of the best. Given time, the recently promoted starters on the line could prove to be at least something along the lines of decent.

That being said, where is this rapid decent within the roster to so severely cripple a team that made the playoffs last year? With additions of young talent to the receiving corps and a defense that has vastly improved since the Chiefs' playoff appearance prior to their last one, perhaps they have simply traded some of their strengths for weaknesses and vise versa.

From a casual distance, it seems this team may not have too much to worry about after all. While Shields' retirement was inevitable, the trading of Green is arguably beneficial. Without listing stats, it can be said that Damon Huard performed his job admirably last year in Trent Green's absence. If nothing else, Huard could at least be considered dependable in his abilities.

Again, where is this monumental decline that the media and even dedicated Chiefs' fans keep referring to? Is the loss of two guys really going be so devestating that it effecively reduces a winning team to rubble?

Some may not think so until they look at other key positional changes made by the Chiefs leading up to the regular season.

Releasing Dante Hall did seem to make sense until they signed another guy to specialize in returning kicks instead of giving the opportunity to one of the young guys already with the team. Drummond's performance has been less than impressive thus far and for the sake of my blood pressure, I hope he gets it together soon.

If Lawrence Tynes had not been plagued by the occasional botching of extra points, he may not have been released. Tynes was good on over 78 percent of his attempts last season with two game-winners. As it is, the Chiefs spent a 5th round pick to acquire Justin Medlock-- a guy who seemed to have a lax attitude toward practice and held out for a short time during training camp as a rookie kicker.

Medlock's work ethic could be said to have shown in his performance on the field. After a terribly inconsistent preseason, Medlock was already on a thin rope heading into the regular season. I guess missing his first kick in the regular season was enough to drop him. After week one the Chiefs have already replaced Medlock with third-year kicker, Dave Rayner.

With the defensive philosophy of Herm Edwards, I suspect the reason for all of this was to get a sure-footed kicker that would be reliable in close, defensive contests. It seems that has not panned-out so well. Now the Chiefs must look to Rayner to provide some consistency.

At first glance, these roster changes are not enough to quench my enthusiasm. I am hopeful for this season and have confidence in the talent of this team. However, upon further inspection, some mistakes have been made. Are these mistakes profound enough to so thouroughly decimate the Chiefs from the inside-out as the national media and many fans have predicted? I certainly hope not but you can bet we will soon find out.

Canada
09-14-2007, 11:09 PM
The most notable losses for the Chiefs the past offseason were Will Shields and Trent Green. I think it's safe to say that it was honestly Trent's time to go. Certainly feeling doubted and perhaps wronged by the Chiefs, Trent may find enough fuel to ingnite a spark and return to shades of his former glory in Miami. However, if he had stayed in Kansas City that spark would probably have more accurately resembled a sputter. Perhaps turning into a cloud of smoke as an afterthought to an otherwise bright career here. I'm glad for Trent and the opportunity he is getting with the Dolphins but I am also glad that he is no longer under center for the Chiefs.

The retirement of Will Shields could be said to be more significant and the reverberations of this may be felt by the organization and fans for some time. In all honesty, there is nobody the Chiefs could have picked up then that would prove to be as valuable an asset as Shields. Coupled with the loss of Willie Roaf the previous season, we now get to witness the re-tooling of an offensive line.

Though the situation may seem bleak to some, two things can be said for the Chiefs offensive line this year. Those being Waters and Wiegmann. Both of these guys are stand-out players in a league where linemen are severely underrated. Once one considers the fact that both Turley and Welbourne have been in the Chiefs' system for several years, the situation begins to look a little less dire. Of course, we won't look as good without the hall of fame lineup we once had. In fact, it may be a very long time before any team is blessed enough to boast quality players akin to the likes of Roaf, Shields, Waters, and Wiegmann on the same front. While some may contest the ability of Turley and Welbourne to perform, at least they had a chance to learn from some of the best. Given time, the recently promoted starters on the line could prove to be at least something along the lines of decent.

That being said, where is this rapid decent within the roster to so severely cripple a team that made the playoffs last year? With additions of young talent to the receiving corps and a defense that has vastly improved since the Chiefs' playoff appearance prior to their last one, perhaps they have simply traded some of their strengths for weaknesses and vise versa.

From a casual distance, it seems this team may not have too much to worry about after all. While Shields' retirement was inevitable, the trading of Green is arguably beneficial. Without listing stats, it can be said that Damon Huard performed his job admirably last year in Trent Green's absence. If nothing else, Huard could at least be considered dependable in his abilities.

Again, where is this monumental decline that the media and even dedicated Chiefs' fans keep referring to? Is the loss of two guys really going be so devestating that it effecively reduces a winning team to rubble?

Some may not think so until they look at other key positional changes made by the Chiefs leading up to the regular season.

Releasing Dante Hall did seem to make sense until they signed another guy to specialize in returning kicks instead of giving the opportunity to one of the young guys already with the team. Drummond's performance has been less than impressive thus far and for the sake of my blood pressure, I hope he gets it together soon.

If Lawrence Tynes had not been plagued by the occasional botching of extra points, he may not have been released. Tynes was good on over 78 percent of his attempts last season with two game-winners. As it is, the Chiefs spent a 5th round pick to acquire Justin Medlock-- a guy who seemed to have a lax attitude toward practice and held out for a short time during training camp as a rookie kicker.

Medlock's work ethic could be said to have shown in his performance on the field. After a terribly inconsistent preseason, Medlock was already on a thin rope heading into the regular season. I guess missing his first kick in the regular season was enough to drop him. After week one the Chiefs have already replaced Medlock with third-year kicker, Dave Rayner.

With the defensive philosophy of Herm Edwards, I suspect the reason for all of this was to get a sure-footed kicker that would be reliable in close, defensive contests. It seems that has not panned-out so well. Now the Chiefs must look to Rayner to provide some consistency.

At first glance, these roster changes are not enough to quench my enthusiasm. I am hopeful for this season and have confidence in the talent of this team. However, upon further inspection, some mistakes have been made. Are these mistakes profound enough to so thouroughly decimate the Chiefs from the inside-out as the national media and many fans have predicted? I certainly hope not but you can bet we will soon find out.

Someone really wants that T-Shirt!! :lol: Great post. I have been saying this for a long time (not as eloquently as you) but I do not see why everyone thinks that we are terrible. No, our offensive line is not a good as it was 2 years ago, but find me an O-line in the NFL that is that good. Everyone wants to focus on the negative and ignore the upsides of this team (which apparently count for nothing) It amazis me that there are so many "Chiefs fans" who do nothing but talk about how bad they are. Has our offense imressed me yet? No...but I think they will before the season is over. The defense looks better than it has in years, yet all I hear about is some missed tackles. Find me a team that has not missed a few tackles this season. They have stepped up when they had to. I have seen one thread on this site about how good Boone is yet I can't look anywhere without hearing how bad all our offensive linemen are. I we end up with 3 wins this year then analyze the sh*t out of the season, players and coaching staff, but I am here to talk about why I love the Chiefs, not why I don't like them. We have had fans of opposing teams on this site with better things to say about the Chiefs than some of our won members. That is kinda sad if u ask me. I have to hear from enough idiots everyday that don't know sh*t about football who badmouth my team and then I have to hear "fans" on my teams site badmouth them as well. Moefo....thank you for the optimism and fanaticism. You are not alone in you support of this team. The best part of being a Chiefs fan is win or lose we drink Booze!!! :bananen_smilies046:

Someone please nominate moefo's post for me....I am a computer idiot!!

Thank you and GO CHIEFS!!!!! :toast2:

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Someone really wants that T-Shirt!! :lol: Great post. I have been saying this for a long time (not as eloquently as you) but I do not see why everyone thinks that we are terrible. No, our offensive line is not a good as it was 2 years ago, but find me an O-line in the NFL that is that good. Everyone wants to focus on the negative and ignore the upsides of this team (which apparently count for nothing) It amazis me that there are so many "Chiefs fans" who do nothing but talk about how bad they are. Has our offense imressed me yet? No...but I think they will before the season is over. The defense looks better than it has in years, yet all I hear about is some missed tackles. Find me a team that has not missed a few tackles this season. They have stepped up when they had to. I have seen one thread on this site about how good Boone is yet I can't look anywhere without hearing how bad all our offensive linemen are. I we end up with 3 wins this year then analyze the sh*t out of the season, players and coaching staff, but I am here to talk about why I love the Chiefs, not why I don't like them. We have had fans of opposing teams on this site with better things to say about the Chiefs than some of our won members. That is kinda sad if u ask me. I have to hear from enough idiots everyday that don't know sh*t about football who badmouth my team and then I have to hear "fans" on my teams site badmouth them as well. Moefo....thank you for the optimism and fanaticism. You are not alone in you support of this team. The best part of being a Chiefs fan is win or lose we drink Booze!!! :bananen_smilies046:

:D I can always count on you, Canada. Thanks bro.

Canada
09-14-2007, 11:16 PM
:D I can always count on you, Canada. Thanks bro.

:bananen_smilies046: you're :welcome:

tornadospotter
09-14-2007, 11:19 PM

I agree, and second that motion. I am computer challenged also.
I belive that the Red Hats are going to have Bear meat for supper this Sunday.
GO CHIEFS!:bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I agree, and second that motion. I am computer challenged also.
I belive that the Red Hats are going to have Bear meat for supper this Sunday.
GO CHIEFS!:bananen_smilies046:

:lol: It's funny you say that. Check out the last 4 posts or so at the bottom of the page.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279&page=2

Canada
09-14-2007, 11:30 PM
You know what would like nice in here....a Bearskin rug!! So warm and cozy!!

tornadospotter
09-14-2007, 11:47 PM
:lol: It's funny you say that. Check out the last 4 posts or so at the bottom of the page.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279&page=2

I hope that they cleaned up all the table scapes and are nice and fat ready for the grill, plus they will make a warmer softer bear skin rug, or blanket for Canada!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

sling58
09-15-2007, 07:04 AM

Owwww........my brain hurts now.....too many big words but a wonderful post. We will get better I promise. I always have faith in the Chiefs. The O-line will start to gel and when they do LJ will put up good numbers and Damon will have the time to pass down the field. GO CHIEFS!!!

DrunkHillbilly
09-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Can we just pitch in and give him the shirt please?

I have a thought. Can we take away Arrowcash for blatent attempts of post whoring and taking 5 or 6 previous posts and eloquently combining them into a paragragh or two? LOL!!

m0ef0e
09-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I...don't...get...it...

I just don't get it.

I tried to break down the differences between last season and this season using common football sense. I still don't see why everybody thinks we suck. Whatever, I'm done with this sh*t. Keep the damn t-shirt. In fact, please don't nominate any of my posts for any stupid contest, EVER. Please. I dont give a f**k about that sh*t. I would rather enjoy Chiefs games for the short period in the year we get to watch them and I would much rather see them win games than me winning something that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Like I said: Whatever. I'm done trying to defend this team against fans that claim loyalty.

DrunkHillbilly
09-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I...don't...get...it...

I just don't get it.

I tried to break down the differences between last season and this season using common football sense. I still don't see why everybody thinks we suck. Whatever, I'm done with this sh*t. Keep the damn t-shirt. In fact, please don't nominate any of my posts for any stupid contest, EVER. Please. I dont give a f**k about that sh*t. I would rather enjoy Chiefs games for the short period in the year we get to watch them and I would much rather see them win games than me winning something that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Like I said: Whatever. I'm done trying to defend this team against fans that claim loyalty.

WOW!!!! I thought we were just jokin around but obviously some took offense!

Canada
09-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Can I have a T'Shirt?? All of my clothing comes from beer cases!! :)

m0ef0e
09-15-2007, 01:42 PM

Sorry man, I got ruffled. I was bored yesterday and posted a lot so I've heard like 400 times about this dumb *** contest and how I'm just... Whatever. Not gonna go into it. I'm sorry though. I'm also frustrated with how bleak everything is getting made out to be for the Chiefs. Staying optimistic about this season is getting harder and harder and we haven't even played the Bears yet. I'm thinking about locking myself in a box all week and only coming out for the game so I can fully enjoy it and not feel exhausted from defending them all week. Again, I way overreacted and I apologize. I'm going to hide in my box now.

rbedgood
09-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Offense...did I hear Offense...send some to Chicago.

Canada
09-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Sorry man, I got ruffled. I was bored yesterday and posted a lot so I've heard like 400 times about this dumb *** contest and how I'm just... Whatever. Not gonna go into it. I'm sorry though. I'm also frustrated with how bleak everything is getting made out to be for the Chiefs. Staying optimistic about this season is getting harder and harder and we haven't even played the Bears yet. I'm thinking about locking myself in a box all week and only coming out for the game so I can fully enjoy it and not feel exhausted from defending them all week. Again, I way overreacted and I apologize. I'm going to hide in my box now.

If the box you are hiding in is full of beer then I am with you there too brother!! :bananen_smilies046:

stlchief
09-15-2007, 06:28 PM
I...don't...get...it...

I just don't get it.

Haven't logged in for awhile, but I second the notion of skipping the shirt (and the REP, and the cash, and the props, and the gold stars....).

Good post, partner! (but good post just because it made sense - not because of a contest....)

OTR Chiefs fan
09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I...don't...get...it...

I just don't get it.

I'm with you brother! I think we're going to start out slow like we did last year, but we played well at the end of the season. Even though we lost last Sunday, I did see some positive things. I thought the offensive line played better and McIntosh showed some promise. Bowe and Parker both caught balls. (and I have not been a Parker supporter) I thought the defense played well, they got two turnovers. They just got tired at the end of the game. I thought Boone was a standout with two back to back sacks. As the seasons progresses the offense will get more in sync. We need a good defensive showing this Sunday though. Shake Grossman up and we could win this game!:yahoo:

m0ef0e
09-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm with you brother! I think we're going to start out slow like we did last year, but we played well at the end of the season. Even though we lost last Sunday, I did see some positive things. I thought the offensive line played better and McIntosh showed some promise. Bowe and Parker both caught balls. (and I have not been a Parker supporter) I thought the defense played well, they got two turnovers. They just got tired at the end of the game. I thought Boone was a standout with two back to back sacks. As the seasons progresses the offense will get more in sync. We need a good defensive showing this Sunday though. Shake Grossman up and we could win this game!:yahoo:

I agree wholeheartedly on all these points. I saw the same things that gave me as much encouragement as possible after last week's performance and if our defense gets a lot of pressure on Grossman, we could very well come out of this one with a W.

sling58
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Our offensive line is getting better. They are getting used to playing together more and they will start to gel. We didn't let the offense of the Bears beat us, just that Danged Hester. All in all it was a good game and even though we didn't get the W i am happy with the improvement I saw.

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Our offensive line is getting better. They are getting used to playing together more and they will start to gel. We didn't let the offense of the Bears beat us, just that Danged Hester. All in all it was a good game and even though we didn't get the W i am happy with the improvement I saw.

There was a lot to hang your hat on...as you stated KC let Hester beat them. First of all, kicking to him is dangerous, but if you're going to do so, don't lose your lanes...clearly the coverage was supposed to funnel him to the sideline. There was a guy who made a feeble diving attempt at tackling Hester as he broke loose down the sideline...my best guess is this is the guy who missed his lane assignment and wasn't in position to force Hester out of bounds.

You guys get your top DE back this week, and are facing a young MN team. Beware though Adrian Peterson is a stud at RB, much better than Cedric Benson. I would assume after TJackson's pathetic performance in Detroit, Childress will lean on AP heavily.

sling58
09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
There was a lot to hang your hat on...as you stated KC let Hester beat them. First of all, kicking to him is dangerous, but if you're going to do so, don't lose your lanes...clearly the coverage was supposed to funnel him to the sideline. There was a guy who made a feeble diving attempt at tackling Hester as he broke loose down the sideline...my best guess is this is the guy who missed his lane assignment and wasn't in position to force Hester out of bounds.

You guys get your top DE back this week, and are facing a young MN team. Beware though Adrian Peterson is a stud at RB, much better than Cedric Benson. I would assume after TJackson's pathetic performance in Detroit, Childress will lean on AP heavily.

I stated in earlier this year when I found out that AP was going to play against us. AP meet Jared Allen (as Jared knocks the Ole Sooner on his butt!)

GO CHIEFS!!!!!

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I think KC will win this game, but if they're not careful AP is capable of running roughshod. If Allen gets too eager to get in the backfield, AP has already shown he can take a screen pass to the house.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I think KC will win this game, but if they're not careful AP is capable of running roughshod. If Allen gets too eager to get in the backfield, AP has already shown he can take a screen pass to the house.

KC is notorious for yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory; but at least Next week will be at Arrowhead.

chief31
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I have not been disapointed with the outcome of either of the Chiefs games, to this point. I expected to lose and was pleasently surprised by the number of passing plays that have been called. (Probably because we were trailing in those games.)

Next week is another story. I expect the Chiefs to win this game. If they can't win at home, against a rebuilding Vikings team, then I will be ****ed-off!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I have not been disapointed with the outcome of either of the Chiefs games, to this point. I expected to lose and was pleasently surprised by the number of passing plays that have been called. (Probably because we were trailing in those games.)

Next week is another story. I expect the Chiefs to win this game. If they can't win at home, against a rebuilding Vikings team, then I will be ****ed-off!!!!

Pleased about the number of passing plays?????????

This is mind boggling to me but I guess that's par for us!! How about the 3rd and two passing play? Did you like that?

luv
09-17-2007, 02:27 PM

This is mind boggling to me but I guess that's par for us!! How about the 3rd and two passing play? Did you like that?
And what was with giving the ball to LJ at the end of the first half?

We did throw more, but at very odd times.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Oh man, that was terrible. We ran the ball on 3rd and 9 all game while we are down by muliple scores. We showed no killer instinct early on the road like we should have. Then we get in much-needed scoring position and throw a red-zone INT on 3rd and 2?!?!??! Retarded. After the game, Herm kinda threw Damon under the bus by saying it was Huard's call. That seemed kinda like finger-pointing so soon after a loss to me. Certainly, Huard is already aware he is on thin ice, as he should be. I think Herm is beginning to realize that he needs to get something together or his job will be in jeopardy as well. If the mistake was Huard's then Herm should hold him accountable by all means. I see a lot of coaches take credit for bad calls, though. If for nothing else, to keep extra pressure off a player so they can focus on doing their job and improving at said job instead of being hounded all week about a bad decision.

chief31
09-17-2007, 03:11 PM

Yes. If Sammie Parker had been a man, you would have liked it too. We piss and moan about being too predictable, then piss and moan about not doing what the whole world expected.

Oh man, that was terrible. We ran the ball on 3rd and 9 all game while we are down by muliple scores. We showed no killer instinct early on the road like we should have. Then we get in much-needed scoring position and throw a red-zone INT on 3rd and 2?!?!??! Retarded. After the game, Herm kinda threw Damon under the bus by saying it was Huard's call. That seemed kinda like finger-pointing so soon after a loss to me. Certainly, Huard is already aware he is on thin ice, as he should be. I think Herm is beginning to realize that he needs to get something together or his job will be in jeopardy as well. If the mistake was Huard's then Herm should hold him accountable by all means. I see a lot of coaches take credit for bad calls, though. If for nothing else, to keep extra pressure off a player so they can focus on doing their job and improving at said job instead of being hounded all week about a bad decision.

Huards call, I think, was where to throw it, not to run a passing play.

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 03:13 PM

I see. You are probably right. The throw was actually a good one, btw. That defender barely got a hand on it. If that had been Bowe instead of Parker, I think that would have been another touchdown because Bowe would have just taken the ball out of the air. Parker still sucks.

chief31
09-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I see. You are probably right. The throw was actually a good one, btw. That defender barely got a hand on it. If that had been Bowe instead of Parker, I think that would have been another touchdown because Bowe would have just taken the ball out of the air. Parker still sucks.

Yeah, I think if Parker would have stood tall, instead of fading away from the ball, the dfender wouldn't have been able to reach around his shoulder to touch the ball. And Bowe has a bigger body anyway, so that, alone, would have made it much more difficult to reach it. Parker had position and gave it up.

luv
09-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I think if Parker would have stood tall, instead of fading away from the ball, the dfender wouldn't have been able to reach around his shoulder to touch the ball. And Bowe has a bigger body anyway, so that, alone, would have made it much more difficult to reach it. Parker had position and gave it up.
Parker is short. And wasn't it deflected before it got to him? Parker did almost come back for the tackle.

chief31
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Parker is short. And wasn't it deflected before it got to him? Parker did almost come back for the tackle.

He had position, but shyed away from the ball, to catch it low. The rule is...Catch the ball at it's highest point.

That can be misleading, but what it means by it's highest point, is the highest point that you can get to it at. Sammie was trying to catch it, while falling away.

hermhater
09-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Don't remember the thread I put it in (and after my miserable attempt at getting my first post in the right spot) I am wary about responding here because I already mentioned it somewhere else, but here goes.

If Sammy would get a vertical leap like Bowe he would have easily had that catch.

Did you see how low his hands were? (By his hips.) He was just waiting for the ball.

Dbacks won't wait for it. They know how to intercept it. Sammy needs to learn that too.

chief31
09-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Don't remember the thread I put it in (and after my miserable attempt at getting my first post in the right spot) I am wary about responding here because I already mentioned it somewhere else, but here goes.

If Sammy would get a vertical leap like Bowe he would have easily had that catch.

Did you see how low his hands were? (By his hips.) He was just waiting for the ball.

Dbacks won't wait for it. They know how to intercept it. Sammy needs to learn that too.

I,too, have made this point. He didn't even have to jump. All he needed to do, to avoid the defender knocking the ball away, was to keep his position and reach up. It's alot like boxing-out, in basketball. Just using your body to ward off others from positioning.

luv
09-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I,too, have made this point. He didn't even have to jump. All he needed to do, to avoid the defender knocking the ball away, was to keep his position and reach up. It's alot like boxing-out, in basketball. Just using your body to ward off others from positioning.
I think he would have needed to jump. Just my opinion, though.

chief31
09-17-2007, 07:32 PM
I think he would have needed to jump. Just my opinion, though.

It certainly wouldn't have hurt. Though he would have needed to slow-up, otherwise he would have had to catch it in his gut.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes. If Sammie Parker had been a man, you would have liked it too. We piss and moan about being too predictable, then piss and moan about not doing what the whole world expected.

My point exactly!!!!!!!

I think before the preseason started, I stated that our receiving core sucked!! Even with Kennison!

I think there are times to be unpredictable as well but 3rd and 2 in the red zone is not one of them!

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
My point exactly!!!!!!!

I think before the preseason started, I stated that our receiving core sucked!! Even with Kennison!

I think there are times to be unpredictable as well but 3rd and 2 in the red zone is not one of them!

I liked it. I liked the call and the pass. Just not the intended reciever.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
I definetly didn't like the play but we can agree that if your hell bent on running that play, Bowe should have been the intended receiver. I thought the kid did a decent job through out the game. I saw a couple of "college ran" routes, not very sharp but I think that will come with time.

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, it was third and two and the Bears were very tough against our running game. Then there is the fact that they were heavy in the box. That was going to be a very tough two yards and we needed more than a field goal. The table was set for a a touchdown pass and Huard made the touchdown pass. Parker then pissed it away. Like I said, I like the call. Bowe would have been perfect for that play.

If it had been Bowe and the Chiefs made a touchdown, then everyone loves the gutsiness. It was Sammie Parker and he gave away his position, so eveyone hates the call, except me.

hermhater
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I am sick of Herm/Martyball in this city!

We got yardage every time we ran to the outside (not much but enough for a first down on a lot of our 3 and 4th and shorts.)

Conservative is for the weak.

We should have gone for it on a few of the 4th and 1's.

luv
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM

We got yardage every time we ran to the outside (not much but enough for a first down on a lot of our 3 and 4th and shorts.)

At least Martyball got us wins, if only in regular season.

chief31
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Agreed, on all accounts. Vermiel didn't manage to get us to a Super Bowl, but noone wanted to see us on their playoff schedule. We were capable of beating any team on any Sunday. And everyone knew it. Now, Hmmm. Who fears playing us now?

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Agreed, on all accounts. Vermiel didn't manage to get us to a Super Bowl, but noone wanted to see us on their playoff schedule. We were capable of beating any team on any Sunday. And everyone knew it. Now, Hmmm. Who fears playing us now?

I agree. Nobody fears the Chiefs anymore except their fans.

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 11:16 PM

Wow WR101, college course...the great thing with this approach is that often if you don't catch the ball when taking this approach you'll likely draw a Def Pass Interference call...hmmm that's a 1st down isn't it.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, it was third and two and the Bears were very tough against our running game. Then there is the fact that they were heavy in the box. That was going to be a very tough two yards and we needed more than a field goal. The table was set for a a touchdown pass and Huard made the touchdown pass. Parker then pissed it away. Like I said, I like the call. Bowe would have been perfect for that play.

If it had been Bowe and the Chiefs made a touchdown, then everyone loves the gutsiness. It was Sammie Parker and he gave away his position, so eveyone hates the call, except me.

Your right, like I said in preseason, we will see A LOT of teams stacking the box because we have no deep threat.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2007, 11:21 PM
I agree. Nobody fears the Chiefs anymore except their fans.

WOW, if I knew how to give reps, I would give you as many as possible because this statement couldn't be more accurate!!!!!:sign0098: :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 12:03 AM
WOW, if I knew how to give reps, I would give you as many as possible because this statement couldn't be more accurate!!!!!:sign0098: :bananen_smilies046:

Hit the "Scale" icon on the top right of the post...select type of rep (good/bad) then submit.